PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

they really need to change that scoreboard :| looks extremely boring and arcadey

reminds me of ISS games in the arcades :lol:

its a fucking joke

adding this to evoweb.txt

Seriously I might go and compile one and publish it at the end so we can all have a larf.

Below are 2 Fifa 2009 gameplay videos. I actually think it looks amazing. In a weird way reminds me of how superior PES once was. IMO, I think PES will need another year or two to fully adapt and embrace next gen hardware and capabilities. I also think Seabass & Co. are too conservative and need to start looking in a new direction. PES has become very stale, imo, while Fifa has been making big strides. EA are finally putting out great stuff. Even EA's NHL 08 surpassed the mighty NHL 2K8. I am glad many of us, me included, ragged on fifa for years. It was utter trash for a while, but on next gen, I feel Fifa will finally be the undisputed king in footy games this year. And this coming from a PES lover (former, mostly). In the Ronaldo video below, pay close attention to the animations of him being tripped for the free kick. It's super organic. And the way he takes the free kick, looks real life. Overall responsiveness is wayyy improved and the pace looks operfect to me.

http://evoweb.thewarppipe.net/Ronaldo_FK.wmv

http://evoweb.thewarppipe.net/Alves Goal.wmv

Two things really confuse me about this thread....

The first, Pes 2008 wasn't actually that bad for me. Pes6 (XBox 360) was shit, there is no denying that. I quickly went out and bought the PC version with kitserver and such and yeah its the best PES ive ever played.

I first got 2008 on the xbox and loved it, then hated it, and then loved it again. I rarely play one player so pes is all about multiplayer for me. I only stopped playing PES 2008 on xbox because I swaped over to the PC version (for kitserver and patching options)

I actually like PES2008, and actually think it's a brilliant football game. and before anyone says anything about me not knowing anything about games, ive played EVERY Winning ELeven and PES game ever made (since ISS days on the snes)

My fave version was WE8 Livewire Evolution...how many of you modern PES lovers remember that huh!!?!?!?

I play the new versions of PES until the next one comes out, never go backwards and agreed they do that things out which I wish were still in it but noone forces us to buy and play these games...

The second reason im confused....

ok Fifa looks good this year...they're copying PES gameplay, and im glad they are, gives consumers the option now between TWO good games but why in the hell are FIFA fanboys spending time on this thread? Lepzieg represents a big day for FIFA 2009 too so why aint you in there commenting??!?

We can judge a short video, a couple of preview codes etc blah blah

WAIT FOR THE DEMO...IF YOU LIKE IT BUY IT...IF YOU DONT...DONT!!!

p.s. anyone remember the day when this site was Winning ELeven/Pro Exclusive...no Fifa scum within a mile radius :p

typical PES fanboy :LOL: im not a fanboy of either games. i just get whichever is best and atm judging from screenshots, features and videos, fifa09 wins hands down. im glad you enjoyed PES08 because not many did by teh sounds of it. look at this very said forum for proof of that. nearly half if not more here prefer FIFA then PES. members here who WAS PES fans till last years shambolic epic failure of a game

In fairness it was actually a half decent post apart from the ps bit.

For those who are posting base on just the pes2009 video you have seen, I suggest u guys check out WENB podcast and most of your questions, doubts will be answered.

What they keep repeating in their podcast and videocast is "Don't just take the video for reference!! You need to play the game!! The video does no justice to the game". Yes it still looks like 08 from distance but it is different, the details and the feel can only be seen and felt when u are playing it.

Fifa online is pretty silky smooth too jonney. Not to mention, 10 vs. 10 this year. Interactive leagues, online leagues, Be A Pro season mode, 15 new stadiums, all the liscensing you can handle with great gameplay to boot. And that's just the revealed new features this year. Look at the 2 videos I posted above and youll see a dratic improvement in gameplay from 08 (which I thought was good). This engine they created in 07 is really paying off now. Like I said before, Fifa will be king. I feel PES is relying on it's rep and blind fanbase. For the record, PES4 (WE9) is my favorite footy game all time and I was once a hardcore PES nut. But things change.

WENB videocast is up, they loved the game
They played a much more advance code than leipzig
Not to trust the videos from leipzig because they dont give a fair representation
Back to the roots
People who may speak unfairly at leipzig need to play it for longer to get a feel

Ok, I couldnt stand it. Ban me, do whatever you want, but this post deserves nothing more or less but -> LoL. How blind can you all be? Do you have memory of gold fish? Dont you remember last year? Exactly the same story, same words and phrases..and again, Konami will deliver nothing more, but a mediocre update from last year`s edition.

Ok, I couldnt stand it. Ban me, do whatever you want, but this post deserves nothing more or less but -> LoL. How blind can you all be? Do you have memory of gold fish? Dont you remember last year? Exactly the same story, same words and phrases..and again, Konami will deliver nothing more, but a mediocre update from last year`s edition.

Man, I hope it's good. As great as I think Fifa 09 will be, I want to rekindle my love for PES again!

I'm eagerly awaiting videos of goals. As good as people are hyping up Fifa, it is still pretty weak infront of goal. PES for me is all about the build up play and finish, if that remains intact then we're good to go.

?

I'm contemplating collecting the most ridiculous statements, considering the goldrush we're currently going through, and that was one of the best.

I was once a hardcore PES nut. But things change.
we all was a hardcore PES fans. i mean come on, thats the reason why where all here in the first place but some of us can SEE that there is a better footy sim out there for us.

What I find interesting is the single player mode. Fifa's is pretty crap and hte PES series has gone downhill massively (IMO) since WE8FE. CPU cheating, railed passing and ridiculous bounces pretty much kill it off for me.

Perhaps we're just moving towards a gaming world where the AI only exists to facilitate the multiplayer experience, but I for one will be sad to see single player go. Maybe I'm just old skool like that. ;)

Last edited:

lollercoaster at PES. No way am I buying that horse shit. You know Konami, we have had analog sticks since the PS1 days, there's no excuse for your players running around like that.

I'm contemplating collecting the most ridiculous statements, considering the goldrush we're currently going through, and that was one of the best.

Might want to start with this one:

Well it has better menus yes, but that has nothing to do with in-game graphics where the games are quite similar.

I'm eagerly awaiting videos of goals. As good as people are hyping up Fifa, it is still pretty weak infront of goal. PES for me is all about the build up play and finish, if that remains intact then we're good to go.

thats exactly why i got bored so quickly of fifa08 and start to try to like pes2008, which in the end paied off.. im loving the game now with kitserver and all that stuf...weird how your perpective of a game changes drasticaly after u really giving it a chance to be good.

Might want to start with this one: strawman lammo

That one is actually true. It's a bit of a shame how this manufactured talking point has sunk in with some people.

Last edited:

looks like PES6 with next-gen graphics.
they listened to the core gamers, afterall... LOL!

A bit too little too late imo.
Tbh replays look cool though

This is the difference for me.

EA have listened to the community and have improved on area's that were requested to be improved. Like response times, and player models.

They improve the key areas, and add loads of new stuff on top of that.

Konami don't listen to the community and take good things out, and add pointless things, before fixing the problems.

I don't understand what Konami do for a year with regards to producing the game.

Nobody can tell me that is a years work that we have seen today.

Totally agree... :applaud:

These videos playing in 3 second bursts is giving me serious blue balls.

What I find interesting is the single player mode. Fifa's is pretty crap and hte PES series has gone downhill massively (IMO) since WE8FE.

Funny because the new FIFA reminds me a big whopping lot of a slightly faster paced Winning Eleven 9 Asia Championship which is most likely one of the best WE ever produced gameplay-wise.

Anyhow, definately going to buy FIFA this time around, PES looks like shit compared to the older WE's and JWE2008 on PS2, let alone to the EA blockbuster. I guess Konami really ended up spending all its funds on Metal Gear Solid 4 after all lol, darn Kojima. :P

Last edited:

WE9 (since I live in the states) is my fave footy game all time! And Fifa 09 reminds me of that game pacewise. Anyone know if PES2009 will have training mode, cone slalom, etc? All those goodies made WE9 such a joy and gave it so much depth

I'm glad that i've already said the animations wont be looking much different than the ones in pes 2008, still, i will be playing this game a lot. :D

i think it will be a good time killer for pes 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom