PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

One thing that was always great about PES on the PS2 was that you had to relearn the game after every version and sometimes it took you ages just to score a goal especially in the masterleague with the no hopers like Espinas, Burchett .
So hopefully PES 2009 will be like that because if you can just pick it up and play that would be a very bad sign for longevity

Well have to say I'm pleasently surprised by the vids. Atleast when it comes to looks. The lighting makes a big difference and that combined with the grass gives it a good fresh/sharp look. Offcourse my expectations were very low to start with but still.

What I noticed though is some really poor defensive AI in the game, watched the Brazil vs France vid and the first goal highlighted this for me. Wingback just continues past the last Central defender and plays the striker onside for a simple goal. So after watching the whole vid/match I decided to watch it again but now only look at the radar. Continually the wingbacks run past the last defender with the central defenders quite far apart from each other or too close together to leave big gaps for the striker to run into whilst the wingback plays him onside. Just have a look, you can probably edit this with the tactics.....but still. It shouldnt be happening in the first place.

Pace looks good, sometimes a bit fast/sharp in movement but atleast it doesnt give me a headache like the last version.

What annoys me though, after reading quite a few previews, is that they have gone back to pes5/6, as if this is a good thing. They nearly all say this is what PES2008 should have been, however really this is what PES360 should have been! The engine, graphics are hardly nextgen, the gameplay and modes are all ps2 relics and now they have brought the gameplay back to the ps2 versions to match.

So what has been the f$%king point for the past 2 versions?! They have gone back to where we started from a couple of years ago. I'm really hoping the "They are working on a new engine" is true otherwise it will be very sad next year when they again fail to deliver.

@ ThomasGOAL, so what have you been referring to when saying "you will like it", "Just wait and see" and all that? I haven't seen a single thing that has warrented this nonsense. Or is that based on the 100% version of the game and we are still awaiting a great surprise?!

Well have to say I'm pleasently surprised by the vids. Atleast when it comes to looks. The lighting makes a big difference and that combined with the grass gives it a good fresh/sharp look. Offcourse my expectations were very low to start with but still.

What I noticed though is some really poor defensive AI in the game, watched the Brazil vs France vid and the first goal highlighted this for me. Wingback just continues past the last Central defender and plays the striker onside for a simple goal. So after watching the whole vid/match I decided to watch it again but now only look at the radar. Continually the wingbacks run past the last defender with the central defenders quite far apart from each other or too close together to leave big gaps for the striker to run into whilst the wingback plays him onside. Just have a look, you can probably edit this with the tactics.....but still. It shouldnt be happening in the first place.

Pace looks good, sometimes a bit fast/sharp in movement but atleast it doesnt give me a headache like the last version.

What annoys me though, after reading quite a few previews, is that they have gone back to pes5/6, as if this is a good thing. They nearly all say this is what PES2008 should have been, however really this is what PES360 should have been! The engine, graphics are hardly nextgen, the gameplay and modes are all ps2 relics and now they have brought the gameplay back to the ps2 versions to match.

So what has been the f$%king point for the past 2 versions?! They have gone back to where we started from a couple of years ago. I'm really hoping the "They are working on a new engine" is true otherwise it will be very sad next year when they again fail to deliver.

@ ThomasGOAL, so what have you been referring to when saying "you will like it", "Just wait and see" and all that? I haven't seen a single thing that has warrented this nonsense. Or is that based on the 100% version of the game and we are still awaiting a great surprise?!

LOL :DD

Great PES 2009 plays like PES 5... Seriously. PES 5 was the best in the old gen BUT the series need to evolve! PES 5 isn't realistic at all but it was pretty much as good as those consoles could make it. Looking at the videos it doesn't look realistic, it looks like a game. It's the same animation system, it's just new animations. There is no footplant technology or somewhat half dynamic animations. Sure the ball physics might be a little better but they need to improve more things. Why buy 2009 when you could play PES5 really... I hate that EA is actually making a total new engine that is more next gen and Konami just use their old. It's not like Konami doesn't have the money, they sell shitload of PES. They need a totally new engine, options to all manual controls like FIFA more than 8 directions, new animationsystem that is more advanced and life like like FIFA has.

Step up for fuck sake Konami, don't go back 3-4 years and give old gen gameplay when the consoles have so much more power to simulate the game football better!

I wasn't talking about the running animations, which don't seem very natural or realistic either. The celebrations ARE the same, the throw-ins ARE the same, the referees ARE the same, the players (or should I say statues) on the bench ARE the same.

Random player lowering himself to arrange his socks? Check. Why? :LOL:

I have yet to see any new animations.

eerrrrm you said "the overall animations" try to be more specific and we can understand your point;))

Is the show floor open to the public today or tomorrow?

Also how come Konami still haven't officially announced the Champions League?

Clearly there is no plan/sense of direction. I think a shakeup is needed at Konami. They need new ideas, new vision and ambitious people and more importantly, an ambitious leader.

eerrrrm you said "the overall animations" try to be more specific and we can understand your point;))

I have addressed the running animations, they look quite stiff, unnatural, and unrealistic to me. You'd think you'd see some struggling or some pauses or something, but no, the player just keeps running straight on like an ostrich with the opponent behind him. :LOL:

I was expecting something much better in regards to the players movements, but it looks as if nothing has changed.

I think there is no reason to be worried about the in-game menu options graphic style, I'm sure it's a temporary solution...The final game will surely fix it...Anyway I'm relly impressed for the graphics...The grass finally looks realistic and clean, I've never seen in a real stadium PES2008 square textures or diagonal square textures...:-##
Nowdays all the most important stadium got normal strips textures and PES2009 pitch style is great...
The players models are far better than PES2008 end the nets animations are superb...I like goal style with exhagonal nets but Konami MUST add black and green nets because there are many stadiums with colored nets (Monaco, for istance has got green nets)...In Conclusion I LIKE IT

Maybe he was on about the edit mode.

I see a few things he "borrowed" from Fifa (which is agood thing). Edit mode should be fun? Lets hope so. I think I spent more time editing than playing years back. Thats how much I loved it. We'll see. I have to disagree with him saying that small improvements added up are not so important as big ones. They are all important. Many small drops of water can add up to create a flood! I think he's justifying laziness with that sentence. He could have just left out that statement.

Last edited:

look again mate, i speak only about Edit Mode like Lami says, but i'm very disapointed about YOU, i mean the Evo-Web forum, this forum becaume a children place, all says "this game is a shit bla blabla", hey guy calm down, from the jeuvideotv, the guys says the game is at only at 75% on the demo and the both enjoy already and says it's very promissing for the finale game, this morning Adam and Suff speak about the game (more advanced version) and both says it's a very good game, please guys wait, just wait.

Maybe he was on about the edit mode.
exactly Lami :)

Last edited:

One thing that stands out for me in this years edition is the shooting. It is nearly spot-on. Miles better then FIFA09 where the ball still seems floaty without any real power. I just might go back to being a WE supporter. That means I will be a FIFA and PES fan. Who would of thought it possible?

I'm still watching the youtube video but I'd like to know where his team are getting the feedback from.

Thomasgoal did you remeber last year?because i remember very good!When Pes 2008 was coming and everybody played demo most people said that Pes 2008 demo is not complete game and a lot of people was waiting for full game.What we saw?! Crap game the same as demo:))

One thing that stands out for me in this years edition is the shooting. It is nearly spot-on. Miles better then FIFA09 where the ball still seems floaty without any real power. I just might go back to being a WE supporter. That means I will be a FIFA and PES fan. Who would of thought it possible?

Good for you. Im happy to hear this. I never understood the whole "I am strictly a PES fan", etc. fanboyism! If you love football and both games offer enjoyment, by all means get both (if affordable). Some people shun one game strictly because they belong to a PES clique, or a fifa clique..strictly out of principle, which I find mind boggling! I like what makes sense to me. My only loyalty is to my family.

Thomasgoal did you remeber last year?because i remember very good!When Pes 2008 was coming and everybody played demo most people said that Pes 2008 demo is not complete game and a lot of people was waiting for full game.What we saw?! Crap game the same as demo:))
Of course i remember, but isn't the worst, because the beta of PES2008 is pretty decent game (i says the beta, not the demo), but Konami have alot of retard (i don't know if it's english) and delete alot of things from the game...
this year Konami are in advance and don't forget, the demo are already good for PES2009 !

Last edited:

I see a few things he "borrowed" from Fifa (which is agood thing).

Yeah, good to see it also work the other way around. Besides, Fantastico mode isn't exactly a 'new' idea, so good riddance to them.

I have to disagree with him saying that small improvements added up are not so important as big ones. They are all important. Many small drops of water can add up to create a flood! I think he's justifying laziness with that sentence. He could have just left out that statement.

I am almost sure he was translated wrongly there, it would be pretty weird otherwise. As we all know, for years their philosophy was exactly that; changing and tweaking little things.

So I think he meant to say that for this particular item it would not be interesting to go over every small improvement. Or maybe he was referring to the Fifa statement of 'X gameplay improvements", explaining that they would just say 'we improved the flow of the gameplay' and consider it one improvement instead of a hundred tiny ones.

Good for you. Im happy to hear this. I never understood the whole "I am strictly a PES fan", etc. fanboyism! If you love football and both games offer enjoyment, by all means get both (if affordable). Some people shun one game strictly because they belong to a PES clique, or a fifa clique..strictly out of principle, which I find mind boggling! I like what makes sense to me. My only loyalty is to my family.

Word!

Last edited:

Although not PES related, this is a prime example of innovation and ambition Im talking about:

“GUILDFORD, UK. – August 20, 2008 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced a new premium service for EA SPORTS™ FIFA 09 called adidas Live Season that will redefine the football videogame experience by dynamically updating player form in-game on a weekly basis so that player attributes mirror real-world performances. FIFA 09 will now feel and play differently throughout the entire 2008-2009 season matching the weekly rhythm of football. The new service will be available for Barclay’s Premier League, La Liga BBVA, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A and Mexican Primera Division on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PC.

For the record, yes, Fifa ripped off some things from PES but for the better. No shame in that. It'd be shameful if they let their ego get in the way of producing a good game though!

Of course i remember, but isn't the worst, because the beta of PES2008 is pretty decent game (i says the beta, not the demo), but Konami have alot of retard (i don't know if it's english) and delete alot of things from the game...
this year Konami are in advance

Ok but look for run players it's looking the same as Pes 2008 but KONAMI said that they worked very hard on animation palyers!

ThomasGoal

I am grateful for your input and optimism,personally i hated PES2008 but I can see the obvious improvements in this game.Its not a huge leap forward but its certainly much better looking and far more realistic than last year.

Keep the news coming mate and I look forward to locking horns when it is released:w00t:

PS.I hope they have variable style nets..........it does make a difference:))

Ok but look for run players it's looking the same as Pes 2008 but KONAMI said that they worked very hard on animation palyers!
I clearly says noting about the game in move, i just know almost all news about the game from few months ago now, today it's the first i see the game in move, don't forget it's the same engine (for the last time) as PES6 360 and PES2008 360/PS3, about what Konami says i don't know really, it's maybe on the latest version, i don't know, subscribe to WENB and ask to Adam or Suff about that.

ThomasGoal

I am grateful for your input and optimism,personally i hated PES2008 but I can see the obvious improvements in this game.Its not a huge leap forward but its certainly much better looking and far more realistic than last year.

Keep the news coming mate and I look forward to locking horns when it is released:w00t:

PS.I hope they have variable style nets..........it does make a difference:))
For me, PES2009 demo look smooth, proper, nice light, great grass, after the big difference it's with the pad in your hand.
About the nets... look Wembley pictures, look the same, but i repeat maybe different style on the final version, i hope really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom