PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

"However, Konami did tease us with the news that a major European competition will be officially licensed in the finished game. We're not allowed to announce which competition, because of an embargo, but we expect that fans will be pretty excited by the news."
Sounds like Uefa CL will get it to the final game :)

"However, Konami did tease us with the news that a major European competition will be officially licensed in the finished game. We're not allowed to announce which competition, because of an embargo, but we expect that fans will be pretty excited by the news."
Sounds like Uefa CL will get it to the final game :)
Source please?

The gamespot article that Punzz posted.

WENB videocast is up, they loved the game
They played a much more advance code than leipzig
Not to trust the videos from leipzig because they dont give a fair representation
Back to the roots
People who may speak unfairly at leipzig need to play it for longer to get a feel

Not to trust the videos from leipzig because they dont give a fair representation
Back to the roots
People who may speak unfairly at leipzig need to play it for longer to get a feel

Lol, here we go again. Always the same shit. Before there are even Leipzig videos they are already worthless.

I wonder if the game uses rumble...

Back to the roots

What were the odds that they would say this? damn have we just gone back 12 months.. :)

Hehe aye, doing the whole "Don't trust the Leipzig vids because we've tested a newer version" routine again

Back to the roots

Dejavu anyone.....???? Of course in an international exhibitions with press from all over the world they'll show a much inferior version compared to that played by two random fans....

Why is it so hard to believe that they played a more recent build than the on show at Leipzig?

To be fair to the WENB guys you have to take the comments in context. Suff said that it was an improvement on PES2008 but not a revolution, he said that the more he played it the more he liked it. They said the version that they played was the full version whereas the leipzig one will only have 6 teams. They said videos will not do the game justice as the more you play the more you will like it. They also acknowledged that graphically FIFA 09 was much better.

The KEY comment that WENB, PESFAN and other previews have mentioned is that gameplay is like PES5, that for me is very important as I really enjoyed PES5, if they can make gameplay like that and they sort out the online then i'll be a happy chappy.

They said the version that they played was the full version whereas the leipzig one will only have 6 teams.

Thats what I thought I heared as well.

There was no mention of 'We have played a better code with better gameplay' or any of that. They are talking about the licenses alone I think

People jumping to conclusions..

Thats what I thought I heared as well.

There was no mention of 'We have played a better code with better gameplay' or any of that. They are talking about the licenses alone I think

People jumping to conclusions..

Yup that is exactly what they said. No mention of this version having better gameplay etc (which is what Adam said last year). All they are saying is that the version that they played is a later build with all the teams etc.

worries me that they say that dont judge it by the videos, u have to play it to appreciate it, that to me sounds like its gonna be a letdown again

Videos don't do the game justice.....bla bla bla.

he said 300 times it is fluid, smooth.

They don't looke excited all btw.

Bah i think i'll skip this year, not interested in an evolution of a crappy code.

Nice to see the WENB guys impressed with it. Apart from the grass being better on Fifa.

“Today, EA also announced it has secured an exclusive licensing agreement with the Spanish Liga BBVA and Adelante. The exclusive partnership with the Spanish La Liga grants EA SPORTS sole rights to include every Spanish La Liga club and enables the EA SPORTS FIFA franchise to deliver the most realistic and up-to-date game with current kits, squads and player likenesses.”

Will PES 2009 still have the kits? Its not exactly new news but how can Konami allow EA to 1UP them like this.

worries me that they say that dont judge it by the videos, u have to play it to appreciate it, that to me sounds like its gonna be a letdown again

Hmm I looked at it that way too. Obviously games will always be better playing them than watching them on your PC but to point that obvious aspect out seems a bit strange

bah im not gonna bother this year, i really dont see it being any good after the crap they served us with pes08,, what a fucking letdwon

will this even matter with the editing options available?

If the edit mode is truly deep then it softens the blow a bit but it should never have been allowed to happen, its been the game for the last 4 years so I'm guessing it was a 4 year deal, someone at Konami clearly isn't doing their job properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom