PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Having seen some recently released FIFA 09 gameplay on GameTrailers, it looks like PES 09 will have to go some to even get close in terms of gameplay, you have to congratulate EA really, they have done a lot of work with their last few games.

That PESFan review is bound to be biased, PESFan is the most fanboy ridden site there is, does anyone know when some gameplay footage will be available?

edit mode dont have boots. And only 40 slots for jpg images for kits? not enough. hope the PC version has unlimited amount

Pc version doesnt need slots anyway, PC versions always gets patched

so the PC version doesnt even need a edit mode :|

I think instead we are heading for some very positive surprise. The Italian review is great (for the things I care) and ditto for the comments and review from PESfan and The Boss (read below)

You have to listen to those who think along the same line and care about the issues which are really important (eg gameplay and simulation vs arcade) and allowed PES to become PES. Forget the swedish review, they are focusing on the wrong issues

http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?t=205061

and read this below, exactly what I was hoping to hear:

Originally Posted by TheBoss
If you search through this site you will not find any comments from me about PES 6 or 8. The PES version of choice in the office for the past 2 years has remained the PS2 version (essentially PES 5). For the first time it looks like we might finally get a next gen version of PES worthy enough to make the jump.

It feels as if the developers have gone back to PES 5 and developed from there. The results mean it not only plays like 5 but all the problems of 6 and 8 are erased.

On the good side there’s NO SLOW DOWN, no 60 yard cheap runs, no 1/2 way line goals, keepers are better and the whole game just feels like PES as you know it. Combine that with new Legends modes, Champions League mode and a more complete edit mode and things are looking promising.

On the bad side there was some soft defending on corners, teams tended to collapse after a few goals went in and then some minor gripes with flickering replays and unfinished kits, but with two months to go there’s plenty of time to get these ironed out.

For me the one thing I'm now praying for is that they finally sort out the online problems, if they can nail that then we will have the best next gen football game on the market

CL mode? i think he is talking BS tbh.......CL mode hasnt even been announced or mentioned by anyone :?

PESFan can't even name much gameplay improvements. They conclude with: "It's great", but they aren't that enthusiastic in the core of the article.

CL mode? i think he is talking BS tbh.......CL mode hasnt even been announced or mentioned by anyone :?

I saw a photo on here somewhere from Lepzig with the Champions League logo underneath the PES 2009 logo...so maybe its missing from teh current build...its def gonna be used somewhere!

For me if they do have the Champs League license this is a golden opportunity to dump the boring Master League...but we all know its business as usual there...

yawn

Here is a quote from one of the reviews (translated):

"This is one of the most permanent impressions I get, this is better than last year, but not as good as PES 2008 for PS2."
http://level7.nu/texter/read.php?id=177009

:-ll

PES 2008 on PS2 was fairly good, but not that good, and if this is no better than it then I see no reason to bother with the game to be honest.

I saw a photo on here somewhere from Lepzig with the Champions League logo underneath the PES 2009 logo...so maybe its missing from teh current build...its def gonna be used somewhere!

For me if they do have the Champs League license this is a golden opportunity to dump the boring Master League...but we all know its business as usual there...

yawn
LOL that was a fake pic:LOL:

yawn
hhahah that was from me .. but ThomasGOAL photoshoped lol

Here is a quote from one of the reviews (translated):

"This is one of the most permanent impressions I get, this is better than last year, but not as good as PES 2008 for PS2."
http://level7.nu/texter/read.php?id=177009

:-ll

PES 2008 on PS2 was fairly good, but not that good, and if this is no better than it then I see no reason to bother with the game to be honest.

Oh nice one rob. You went and jixned this yesterday when me and you were talking about it!! I cannot believe this. How can it not be better than the last gen version :(

Well well done Thomasgoal, that was constructive :p

nah had me jupped!!!!

are they allowed to show the actual game today????? I didnt think they were allowed till after Leipzig

Oh nice one rob. You went and jixned this yesterday when me and you were talking about it!! I cannot believe this. How can it not be better than the last gen version :(

Dont't worry mate,you will see alone it Pes 2008 on Ps2 is better or not compare to Pes 2009.Seriously I don't think so....

Last edited:

f*** it, I know we're all excited, we've been critical for the last few years but PES runs are lives, it gets you in and gets you hooked!!!!

I cant wait...

Very dissapointing really, time cannot be an excuse this time either as they have had a few years with this hardware now.

Sory about junxing it :(.

Dont't worry mate,you will see alone it Pes 2008 on Ps2 is better or not compare to Pes 2009.Seriously I don't thin so....
Depends whether you are talking about gameplay or graphics.

Also, your sig does not make much sense ;).

Very dissapointing really, time cannot be an excuse this time either as they have had a few years with this hardware now.

Sory about junxing it :(.

Depends whether you are talking about gameplay or graphics.

Also, your sig does not make much sense ;).

Why my sig does not make much sense?

Just watched some new footage of the other game...man it does look sweet and manual passing makes all the difference in the world. God knows konami keeps putting manual passing on the right stick, it is almost impossible to use it!!!!!!!!!!

pes2009_wembley1.jpg

pes2009_wembley2.jpg

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/wp-content/uploads/pes2009_wembley3.jpg

wembley.jpg

dont know if already posted but they look good!

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/wembley-is-in-pes-2009/

Last edited:

"PES it is for a fun" :-ll Makes no sense.

Also, the bit about FIFA makes you sound like a silly PES fanboy.

No I'm not fanboy because really for me FIFA is a shit nicely wraped.

EDIT: Guys look for that stadiums it look very,very nice!For me it is next-gen!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom