PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Rob, I see you are already very active in the way I expected it :DD

But sofar there are three sources with some impressions of the game.
Two ( Italian one and PESfan ) are quite positive and one ( Swedish ) is not overimpressed. Funny to see how the cynics quote from the Swedish one and others from the Italian one and from PESFan :)

Can we keep the discussion about PES please, guys. Signatures and alleged fanboyism can be discussed elsewhere.

Rob, I see you are already very active in the way I expected it :DD

But sofar there are three sources with some impressions of the game.
Two ( Italian one and PESfan ) are quite positive and one ( Swedish ) is not overimpressed. Funny to see how the cynics quote from the Swedish one and others from the Italian one and from PESFan :)

Probably because the Swedish site had the game for hours whilst the Italian + PESFan didn't get to play the game for that sort of length of time If im not mistaken

PESFan did play it for a long time as did Level 7 and WENB.

Probably because the Swedish site had the game for hours whilst the Italian + PESFan didn't get to play the game for that sort of length of time If im not mistaken
You are. PESfan was a complete day there to test, from what I read on PESFan, like WENB was.

Where are the WENB-boys with their podcast BTW? They said it will be on at 11.30. Did they mean GMT or CET??

Where are the big anouncements? I was expecting something about the UEFA Champions League but I have heard next to nothing about it. I need some gameplay videos and a demo date now.

Oh right.

Why didnt the PESfan go into detail about the gameplay? I find that strange really. Just touched on it from time to time

Wembley looks fantastic.

I was getting hyped for PES 2009 again after the second Konami press sheet but im left somewhat dissapointed today. I was expecting some big things, but nothing has materialized. Still its pretty early in the day so I will continue to wait in hope.

Stadium texture does not impress me, the same plastic feeling as pes2008.
Grass looks better though.

It´s British Summer Time (BST)

So, 11:30AM in England, 12:30AM Germany is the WENB article online:))

Last edited:

Here is a quote from one of the reviews (translated):

"This is one of the most permanent impressions I get, this is better than last year, but not as good as PES 2008 for PS2."
http://level7.nu/texter/read.php?id=177009

:-ll

PES 2008 on PS2 was fairly good, but not that good, and if this is no better than it then I see no reason to bother with the game to be honest.
Read this then.
and read this below, exactly what I was hoping to hear:

Originally Posted by TheBoss
If you search through this site you will not find any comments from me about PES 6 or 8. The PES version of choice in the office for the past 2 years has remained the PS2 version (essentially PES 5). For the first time it looks like we might finally get a next gen version of PES worthy enough to make the jump.

It feels as if the developers have gone back to PES 5 and developed from there. The results mean it not only plays like 5 but all the problems of 6 and 8 are erased.

On the good side there’s NO SLOW DOWN, no 60 yard cheap runs, no 1/2 way line goals, keepers are better and the whole game just feels like PES as you know it. Combine that with new Legends modes, Champions League mode and a more complete edit mode and things are looking promising.

On the bad side there was some soft defending on corners, teams tended to collapse after a few goals went in and then some minor gripes with flickering replays and unfinished kits, but with two months to go there’s plenty of time to get these ironed out.

For me the one thing I'm now praying for is that they finally sort out the online problems, if they can nail that then we will have the best next gen football game on the market

so 12.30 in the rest of Europe... than I wait already half an hour for nothing :)

Good post Lami. That is a good comparison between the posts and the one from PESfan clears up what Level7 might have ment with their small remark.

Its nice that their using PES5 as their benchmark but they need to retain all the good aspects of that game and that includes the beloved covering option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom