PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

I feel sorry for the people who are coming here when they find WENB down.

There's going to be mass suicides around the globe.

I believe the correct term is "Natural selection". ;)

Also, nice work on those rap lyrics. I lolled inside when I read:

"hair in the wind, sound of the crossbar
mud on the shirts, sweat visible from afar"

Also I cried a little. :blush:

After reading the full English version it does sound alot better than at first.

Basically the only crap point was that his player didnt increase in stats in Be A Pro. Any1 who plays ML will know a players stats dont increase alot unless its the end of the season or your really good and i think he just wasnt good enough to improve his stats.

On the flip side it may just be that the mode wasnt complete in the sence that stuff like stats dont increase because its still an early code or w/e

uh-oh, here come the early build slash beta excuses

weve still got wenbs impressions to come and by all indication they say "we wont be dissapointed" when they post them

On the flip side it may just be that the mode wasnt complete in the sence that stuff like stats dont increase because its still an early code or w/e

Avoid using this argument, it's probably true but you will be eviscerated for using it here.

Another loltastic argument, which I'm going to use because I'm hardcore so lick my guch, is that I'll wait until I see what WENB have to say. Not because I regard them as the last bastions of integrity-driven journalism, but because they know the questions that we want answered. I feel that we'll get a more tailored response from them later on, if the servers ever recover.

Thanks for translation Trance Allstar

I noticed it says Become and Legend Be a Pro rip off well infact not true because Fantasista (probably spelt wrong) on PS2 J League game is what Become a Legend is and that was before Fifa had Be a Pro.

Overall negative review will see gameplay videos in few hours not holding much hope be nice for it to be decent at least.

Wasnt the whole BAP/BAL mode broken on the PS2 game? I sure people said it was pretty weak and full of bad A.I.

Fantasista and EA's BAP ripped off Love Football right.. :)

Last edited:

We all know that modern football games as we know it evolved from Libero Grande and Adidas Power Soccer.

Adidas Power Soccer remains the only game to this day that I took out of the Playstation and snapped with my bare hands. What a piece of shit that was, fuck you Adidas.

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/main-points-from-italian-pes-2009-playtest/

First impressions of the Italian PES2009 playtest are very positive.

• Argentina, France, Portugal, Italy, Brazil and Croatia are on the version they (the Italians) played.

Noticeable speed reduction. Pace is much more tolerable, downside is players like Ronaldo and Messi find it very difficult to go past defenders with speed and dribbling, however it removes the God complex in 08.

Passes are intercepted less, more direct and on target. New mechanic gives you far more freedom than 08 in terms of direction and focus passing.

Euro 2008 has a greater level manual control, PES09 simplifies this and succeeds in doing so.

Shooting is harder and affected far more than stats and positioning, players with better stats can shoot from tighter angles.

Ball movement is the greatest improvement, super-cencel is a thing of the past as players have greater control over on-field AI movement without having to press it.

Players no longer glide with the ball, feels far more independant.

They're looking forward towards a deeper playtest in the coming days.

All sounds positive so far.:))

Last edited:

I still think the game will be great and when you actually sit there and think, there wernt many bad things to come out of the review.

I think that review will be the worst review we'll here and if it is then there wont be much to get upset about.

Not as good as PES2008 on PS2?
Interesting.

emotmunchdv4.gif

There's going to be a whole lot of shit going down from here on out.

This is like the orgasm of the PES calendar.

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/main-points-from-italian-pes-2009-playtest/

• Argentina, France, Portugal, Italy, Brazil and Croatia are on the version they (the Italians) played.

Noticeable speed reduction. Pace is much more tolerable, downside is players like Ronaldo and Messi find it very difficult to go past defenders with speed and dribbling, however it removes the God complex in 08.

Passes are intercepted less, more direct and on target. New mechanic gives you far more freedom than 08 in terms of direction and focus passing.

Euro 2008 has a greater level manual control, PES09 simplifies this and succeeds in doing so.

Shooting is harder and affected far more than stats and positioning, players with better stats can shoot from tighter angles.

Ball movement is the greatest improvement, super-cencel is a thing of the past as players have greater control over on-field AI movement without having to press it.

Thats based on a half hour playtest with 6 teams and the actual article translation was very mixed

I still think the game will be great and when you actually sit there and think, there wernt many bad things to come out of the review.

I think that review will be the worst review we'll here and if it is then there wont be much to get upset about.

how many bad reviews did you read for PES2008? I don't remember many sites/magazines saying too many bad things..

I not saying PES2009 will be a bad game. Just I still not convinced that the majority of magazines and the big sites (IGN) will tell it how it really is when it comes to PES Series.

Licensing: fewer
The big news is that Konami seems to have lost the entire Spanish league. They have the wrong team names and
wrong kits. In England Liverpool and Manchester United should be confirmed, but the names are still wrong in
this versions. Bayern Munich has been replaced for Zenit St Petersburg and in the Nordic countries
Helsingborg have had to leave room for Brøndby (left are Hammarby, AIK, Rosenborg, Helsinki, IFK Gothenburg
and Copenhagen). In other words, not one licence has been added without atleast one other being dropped.

WTF!!!!!! This really sucks!!!!

how many bad reviews did you read for PES2008? I don't remember many sites/magazines saying too many bad things..

You're being selective then.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/proevolutionsoccer2008

WTF!!!!!! This really sucks!!!!

Licenses are a grey area.

REPEAT, A GREY AREA.

PREMATURE BROWN ALERT IS POSTPONED PENDING FURTHER NOTICE

There is nothing wrong, don't worry, we are not seeding any clouds

chernobyl.jpg

Last edited:

PEs2009 requires online konami ID for ps3 at least.

LMAO. F*' konami and their online ID, it was a joke on MGS.

and good luck getting a konami id with their shitty server.

I've tried to do a full translation of the italian preview from www.everyeye.it/xbox360/pro-e...firstlook_8109.

Probably shitty. Anyway I'll post it.

-----------

Following the PES2008’s experience we have to say that this year iteration is puzzling, in a positive way fortunately.
First thing to highlight is the game speed is slowed down a lot, no more super heroes but humans.
Also the passes are more realistic as they are now in control and allow an acceptable pace playing the game. When you are building your offensive approach passes results less on rails than in the past and you are called to be more careful as the ball can be intercepted easily now, this means that actions appear a lot more real.
Manual passing is there. They have reintroduced the manual pass by use of the right stick, allowing you to handle power and direction of your passes.
About controls keys, to be said that they have definitely given the possibility of customize every key of the pad, so that you can manage to have a different set of keys for attacking and defending.
About player stats, it has been removed the big differences between top players and others, now Messi and Ronaldo won’t be able to widely outclass any other player in athletics and technical skills. This can be a pro since there are still not unstoppable players but is to be seen if this can affect the depth of the gameplay. To be said that the test has been too short to issue a verdict in this sense.
After a few matches we noted as with a slower game speed the players have a different and more realistic way to react when you are in control of the ball or changing direction. So a big improvement on movement without ball and shooting.
Talking about shooting, we have to say that even though the system is simplified compared with full manual EURO 2008 shooting, there are now more chance to handle the direction of shots, and the shot seems to be more affected by position of the player than in PES2008.
What we have been really impressed from is the absence of “rails” as we have in PES2008. In PES 2009 the player is completely free to move without ball, giving you more opportunities in a lot of situations, intercepting a cross as well as freeing your striker.
A positive note is the ball is not more sticky to player’s foot. You can lose it by a untimely change of direction.
We prefer to not give an evaluation to AI because of the duration of our test. Anyway it’s seemed better on pressing than in defensive tactical positioning.

On the graphical side not so much to say: most important improvement are in facial textures of top players, and some new animations like “head’s stop and go” to be used on mid-air balls.
Player models looks very similar to which we have seen on PES08 with high quality texture that make a significant step forward on visuals.
Animations, in general, are very numerous but not so good as they are in FIFA08/EURO08 a they don’t appears so fluid as they are in previous iterations of PES, all PES.
Lighting, menus graphics and pitch textures are not affected by relevant upgrades and seems to be under industry standards.
Last note to mention a very stable graphic engine that allow the game running smoothly even in critical situations like 8-10 players on the screen at the same time.

Closing comments
We are quite satisfied from what we’ve seen compared with last year GC that was the lowest in PES history.
Last year PES approach to next gen was painful so we have to be very careful now.
However we feel that developers want to restart by zero trying some new interesting issue into the gameplay.
But a few retouches won’t be enough as FIFA 09 promises to be a strong competitor this year.
Let’s the time decides who will win the duel.

---------

Last edited:

Completely 100% genuine.

The "(not fake)" bit was what convinced me.

\/ thank you

I've tried to do a full translation of italian preview from www.everyeye.it/xbox360/pro-e...firstlook_8109.

Probably shitty. Anyway I'll post it.

-----------

Following the PES2008’s experience we have to say that this year iteration is puzzling, in a positive way fortunately.
First thing to highlight is the game speed is slowed down a lot, no more super heroes but humans.
Also the passes are more realistic as they are now in control and allow an acceptable pace playing the game. When you are building your offensive approach passes results less on rails than in the past and you are called to be more careful as the ball can be intercepted easily now, this means that actions appear a lot more real.
Manual passing is there. They have reintroduced the manual pass by use of the right stick, allowing you to handle power and direction of your passes.
About controls keys, to be said that they have definitely given the possibility of customize every key of the pad, so that you can manage to have a different set of keys for attacking and defending.
About player stats, it has been removed the big differences between top players and others, now Messi and Ronaldo won’t be able to widely outclass any other player in athletics and technical skills. This can be a pro since there are still not unstoppable players but is to be seen if this can affect the depth of the gameplay. To be said that the test has been too short to issue a verdict in this sense.
After a few matches we noted as with a slower game speed the players have a different and more realistic way to react when you are in control of the ball or changing direction. So a big improvement on movement without ball and shooting.
Talking about shooting, we have to say that even though the system is simplified compared with full manual EURO 2008 shooting, there are now more chance to handle the direction of shots, and the shot seems to be more affected by position of the player than in PES2008.
What we have been really impressed from is the absence of “rails” as we have in PES2008. In PES 2009 the player is completely free to move without ball, giving you more opportunities in a lot of situations, intercepting a cross as well as freeing your striker.
A positive note is the ball is not more sticky to player’s foot. You can lose it by a untimely change of direction.
We prefer to not give an evaluation to AI because of the duration of our test. Anyway it’s seemed better on pressing than in defensive tactical positioning.

On the graphical side not so much to say: most important improvement are in facial textures of top players, and some new animations like “head’s stop and go” to be used on mid-air balls.
Player models looks very similar to which we have seen on PES08 with high quality texture that make a significant step forward on visuals.
Animations, in general, are very numerous but not so good as they are in FIFA08/EURO08 a they don’t appears so fluid as they are in previous iterations of PES, all PES.
Lighting, menus graphics and pitch textures are not affected by relevant upgrades and seems to be under industry standards.
Last note to mention a very stable graphic engine that allow the game running smoothly even in critical situations like 8-10 players on the screen at the same time.

Closing comments
We are quite satisfied from what we’ve seen compared with last year GC that was the lower in PES history.
Last year PES approach to next gen was painful so we have to be very careful now.
However we feel that developers want to restart by zero trying some new interesting issue into the gameplay.
But a few retouches won’t be enough as FIFA 09 promises to be a strong competitor this year.
Let’s the time decides who will win the duel.

---------

Thanks alot for the translation Dejavu. :)

As for the report itself, I love the "Manual passing has been reintroduced on the right stick" comment. It was never removed, and it will obviously still be 8-directional far-from-manual passing. Only difference is that you can choose to miss the pass with any power you desire. Yowza!!

Well, off to bed, got to gather my energy for the videos tomorrow. I hope you all have a great night and day tomorrow! :)

Hi all,
i am from italy and i just readed the source here http://www.everyeye.it/xbox360/pro-evolution-soccer-2009_firstlook_8109.

There is an error in the translation, in the everyeye preview they say that passes are "less" precise and less "radio-controlled", so more intercepts from the defender. Anyway they like it, they say it makes the game feel more realistic.

they also say that the manual pass with the right stick is back :)

bye
Anklud

Just seems like same old PES again... A lot of the "improvements" they mention have already been in one past PES or another...

yeah, everything sounds very good. But considering that it said by winningelevenblog it makes it not that great.

Thanks alot for the translation Dejavu. :)

As for the report itself, I love the "Manual passing has been reintroduced on the right stick" comment. It was never removed, and it will obviously still be 8-directional far-from-manual passing. Only difference is that you can choose to miss the pass with any power you desire. Yowza!!

:LOL:

Great...

yeah, everything sounds very good. But considering that it said by winningelevenblog it makes it not that great.

No, it's on WENB but it's from an Italian website.

Please people this is going to be difficult enough without the unadulterated drivel we've had so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom