PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

ThomasGOAL already confirmed jpegs ;)) It would work very easily. PES 2009 will find the jpegs on the PS3 HDD and then import them into the desired edit feature and save them within the option file. Xbox 360 should work the same as well. The same applies to music and crowd chants in MP3 formats.

:)

Has he?

Are lower league teams confirmed as out for another year? If the answer is yes, I will most likely not bother with the game, they need to cater for proper football fans - not just glory supporters.

Are lower league teams confirmed as out for another year? If the answer is yes, I will most likely not bother with the game, they need to cater for proper football fans - not just glory supporters.

I think you know the answer to that one :P

I'd love there to be a league full of championship sides for the master league but adding new teams isn't one of Konami's best attributes unfortunately

We're not all glory hunters :D

I think you know the answer to that one :P

I'd love there to be a league full of championship sides for the master league but adding new teams isn't one of Konami's best attributes unfortunately

We're not all glory hunters :D

I don't think they will ever add the Championship in a long time. Adding it would mean adding second divisions of Italy, Spain and France. PES sells more in those countries.

I can imagine the sweat seeping on to the controller right now, as Adam goes into the edit mode and realises that untucked shirts are not in the game again.

Thanks Billy

How do you think the crowd chant swill integrate into the existing atmosphere, will it not sound a bit "staged"??

I mean, the existing atmosphere is quite hollow and for it to all of a sudden scream a terrace song could sound rather odd!

Well Doc it depends partly on how many slots are assigned to each team in the game for the chants. Say if there are 3 for each then you could have chants with differing tempo which could improve this to a degree. But if you look in real life it is kind of similar. The crowd are just watching and then someone starts banging a drum and then everyone goes off on one! So it might seem slightly strange but it wont be that bad. :))

Does anyone know which will be PES 2009 minimum system requirements? If someone knows pls PM me.

Does anyone know which will be PES 2009 minimum system requirements? If someone knows pls PM me.
8800 gtx along with a quad core q9450 with 8gb ram is the minimum req:LOL:

seriously how are we suppose to know? use pes08 as a rough guide on its requirements UNLESS the pc version has been downgraded in having ps2 graphics :DD

Gameplay > graphics.

Obviously...

Who said the PES2009 version PS2 version will have better gameplay than the PC, Xbox, PS3?

Whats that you say? No one said that. Oh right. If it does then yes, I would sacriface the graphics for the gameplay

I can certainly see the PS2 version being the superior one again as PES 08 on PS2 was actually a good game, unlike PES 08 on PC/360/PS3 and if they are just making seemingly minor changes to both of them, then the PS2 version may well be the better one...

Oh well, I am 99% sure that I am not going to bother with PES 09 now, none of the changes seem that big and 12 months down the line there is a supposed "complete overhaul" so why get ripped off for something you should have had the previous year?

I dont know what anyone else thinks, but this complete embargo on anyone thats play tested the game is a tad extreme.

The lads at WENB are not allowed to talk about it until Wednesday, not even to say a single thing, like the corner flags are more realistic!!!!!

Its all a bit OTT for me.What difference the untucked shirts, quality of the nets,general graphics, lighting,boots, balls etc will have on potential sales is surely not that damaging.

Q.Do they have untucked shirts?
A.Y/N

Q are the nets improved?
A Y/N

Q Are the graphics improved??
A Y/N

These sort of questions are hardly going to have any impact on the Leipzig show stopper as long as they are not talking about gameplay and specific modes (edit, online etc) then it all seems a bit crazy.

I can certainly see the PS2 version being the superior one again as PES 08 on PS2 was actually a good game, unlike PES 08 on PC/360/PS3 and if they are just making seemingly minor changes to both of them, then the PS2 version may well be the better one...

Oh well, I am 99% sure that I am not going to bother with PES 09 now, none of the changes seem that big and 12 months down the line there is a supposed "complete overhaul" so why get ripped off for something you should have had the previous year?

good point Rob but if you can match the feeling you get from the PS2 game and its nicer to look at then i know which one I will opt for.

It aint going to have a massive overhaul, its just going to much, much better than the 2008 tosh.

Says Rob, having never seen a video or heard a word of how the game plays. :-pp

It was better last year on the PS2. I just can't fathom that being the same again this year. It would stupid if it was better again on an old console for so many reasons

It's a shame the WENB boys are not getting any exclusive information as such. Ok, they are play-testing today but they are banned from getting information to the fans any sooner than the rest of the gaming media due to the NDAs. The only advantage they have is not paying an airfare to Leipzig.

Well they get to look at the full game modes and stats (i know people love this side, its a minor issue to start with for me)

Isn't the leipzig version limited to 8 teams on a Exhibition match?

good point Rob but if you can match the feeling you get from the PS2 game and its nicer to look at then i know which one I will opt for.

It aint going to have a massive overhaul, its just going to much, much better than the 2008 tosh.
Same, I would play a better looking game if it played as good.
Says Rob, having never seen a video or heard a word of how the game plays. :-pp
It's hard to have any confidence in Konami though after so many years of minor tweaks on PS2, and then a rubbish attempt at a next-gen game.

If I see some videos which look really impressive or if I love the demo I may change my mind on whether to get the game though.
It was better last year on the PS2. I just can't fathom that being the same again this year. It would stupid if it was better again on an old console for so many reasons
It would be stupid, but I think it is likely to be the case.

It's hard to have any confidence in Konami though after so many years of minor tweaks on PS2, and then a rubbish attempt at a next-gen game.

I tend to agree with you there. With Pes09 not being an overhaul there's not so much to get excited about, in my opinion.

I'm still looking forward to seeing what Konami have (or maybe have not;))) done this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom