PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

LOL you tease ;)

And BTW I wasn't saying that PES3 was the last good one, I was saying that in terms of singleplayer innovation and longevity it was the last one they put any real ML effort in :)

Yeah sorry doesn't help I went back and did a couple of edits on the last page ;)

Talking about edits: Isn't it time to edit your sig?
Konami made another bold statement ( although closer to the truth than last year ):
"PES 2009 is the football game everyone has been waiting for"
Jon Murphy, PES Project leader for Konami digital Entertainment GMBH.
Good one: Especially for you! ;)

LOL I was thinking about that actually, I saw he made some rather tempting soundbites, I shall ponder it carefully ;)

Its a bit scary how you, Placebo, seem to have exactly the same thoughts on pes as me with regards to single player. Ever since pes4 Ive been wanting a decent ML and been dissapointed everytime. Same goes for the 6* difficulty and needing to play youth teams to keep it competitive.

When pes360 was released it was the first game I didnt buy on release, I was so dissapointed and felt they were taking the piss. It was one thing not to have a kit editor but to not even be able to change the team names really got me. Ended getting the game in Jan on the cheap and enjoyed it for a month. After that it was same old ML and I stopped playing. PES08 I didnt even bother with as that to me was an even bigger kick in the nuts from them.

Oh well, excited about all teh news to come out next week. Hopefully they can show some real improvement, although tbh I'm waiting till next year to be impressed.

Infact Placebo, I have to agree with the thoughts on BF, it's just it seems more like COD4 than it does Halo 3 etc, although the gun emplacements on COD4 also have infinite ammo, on multiplayer etc, also COD4 you heal automatically if you take cover, as if bullet holes heal in like 30 seconds etc, your main team mates never die in it as well, then theres the fact the P90 is as powerful and in most cases better than the assault rifles and stuff, yet this is a realistic shooter :D Haha! Arewell.

Also correct about the Fifa thing, but the thing is, it takes moments until the button you pressed activates the command you want on the screen, which is very annoying at times. It doesn't help with manual, as you have to hold for power, then once that is done, it takes extra bit of time for the player to kick the ball, and by then all the automatics have done about 3 commands and tackle you etc.

You have played it more than me im sure, so I will go by what you say about scoring loads of ways, just seems the same to me, in all my time playing I've seen one goal outside the box a significant distance, and that was me and the keeper just punched it clear. Besides that its usually the same cross and header or through ball goal.

I really just want to hear more about Master League, they could atleast add more teams instead of the crappy, 16 and 8 team divisions! Also this Be A Legend thing, is it just gonna be one player offline, or is there a chance to play as multiplayer offline, will it allow us to play as normal teams like for friendlies or is it just a create a player career type thing.

Lastly, not important, have we found out about the balls that will be in the game? I would say I have a ball fetish but it sounds soo baaad!

Last edited:

Infact Placebo, I guess I will have to agree with the thoughts on BF, it's just it seems more like COD4 than it does Halo 3 etc, although the gun emplacements on COD4 also have infinite ammo, on multiplayer etc, also COD4 you heal automatically if you take cover, as if bullet holes heal in like 30 seconds etc, your main team mates never die in it as well, then theres the fact the P90 is as powerful and in most cases better than the assault rifles and stuff, yet this is a realistic shooter :D Haha! Arewell.

Oh BFMC and COD4 are definitely more realistic shooters than say the early BF series, and certainly far more realistic than Halo, although comparing modern shooter to scifi game is a little unfair on both, there are few truly simulation shooter, Flashpoint/ArmA is as close as we've seen so far but obviously I'm more than biased so you should take what I say with a dose of salt ;) COD4 I'd label realistic shooter, Battlefield realistic arcade shooter, Halo, well I'd label that bleuuuuch ;)

Also correct about the Fifa thing, but the thing is, it takes moments until the button you pressed activates the command you want on the screen, which is very annoying at times, and you have played it more than me im sure, so I will go by what you say about scoring loads of ways, just seems the same to me, in all my time playing I've seen one goal outside the box a significant distance, and that was me and the keeper just punched it clear. Besides that its usually the same cross and header or through ball goal.

Oh I've seen hundreds of cross-headed goal in Fifa08, I often play that way because of course I want to win, can't let the mighty Owls down ;) So perhaps 80% of all my goals are cross-header/volley, or throughball, dink past keeper, but the other 20% are the special goals, the ones that make it all worthwhile and keep you coming back, the freekicks, the chips, the long range shots, the volleys from the edge of the area etc. etc. They're there in Fifa but harder to find than in PES, in Fifa I almost never score with scissor/overhead kicks because I don't play with star players so that's very disappointing, in PES you can score an amazing goal with an average player, just not too often, and rightly so :)

Seraphs

I am sure I read that al the Nike Balls are in, including the new Premiership ones:w00t:

Screw BFBC and COD4 I want ArmA 2 on my PS3 now! Make it happen Placebo. ;))

As a matter of fact is ArmA 2 coming out this year on consoles? I know Operation Flashpoin 2 got delayed till 2009.

Nike balls are indeed in as are Nike boots, Adidas boots and Puma boots.

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised come Leipzig, though the game will have to be a vast improvement over 2008 to make me switch back, given I will have to go from real leagues etc to the :sick: ML again... ;))

On the whole arcade/simulation thing, to quote my post in the FIFA 09 thread...

Depending on your point of view, [the automatic nature of passes etc. in PES] could be a realistic thing or totally unrealistic; you could argue that a Premier League footballer is good enough to do everything "automatically", it's not the same process as Sunday League footballer, and perhaps that's how FIFA feels when you take on a team like my beloved Tranmere and you occasionally misplace a pass or put too much weight on a ball and kick it off the pitch.

I would say both games do it differently and it's personal preference which you prefer. I wouldn't say it's "arcade", I'd say it's a different take to FIFA's fully-manual-everything.

On the whole arcade/simulation thing, to quote my post in the FIFA 09 thread...

I would say both games do it differently and it's personal preference which you prefer. I wouldn't say it's "arcade", I'd say it's a different take to FIFA's fully-manual-everything.

If you make it like "star can make it 'automatically'" then we shouldn't even have to move Messi while dribbling, since he can do it automatically. Shooting is way too accurate in PES, all the time close to goal, same goes for passing, etc. And as mentioned in FIFA section PES have been making gap between "Tranmere player" and "Messi" way too big. There should be gap, even huge gap, but not in all areas of every player in every lower team compared to higher ranked teams.

Just want to clarify - We will not be able to use updated option files online?

So to play online it will be with all the funny names/kits etc?

This is a huge point for me - It takes alot out of the game if all the player names are messed up. I play online more than anything aswell.

To me I always thought games that play only on exploits are branded arcady. Fifa used to be that but then sort of changed with 08 and euro but still I could barely score an unpredicted goal. PES always gave me the option of not using exploits and I could choose to play the way I want and score unpredictable goals, very rewarding.

People who play on exploits can do that on PES obviously but I don't like playing them, no point and no fun whatsoever.

In conclusion, PES gives you both options and its up to you how you play it.

To me I always thought games that play only on exploits are branded arcady. Fifa used to be that but then sort of changed with 08 and euro but still I could barely score an unpredicted goal. PES always gave me the option of not using exploits and I could choose to play the way I want and score unpredictable goals, very rewarding.

People who play on exploits can do that on PES obviously but I don't like playing them, no point and no fun whatsoever.

In conclusion, PES gives you both options and its up to you how you play it.

I agree allmost fully. Sadly you are pointing out the problem with PES as well. It's(mostly in 2008, but in other versions as well) too much about scoring a goal or defending your goal. It's not enough about battle of middfield, while reality football is mostly about middfield. Teams are lacking team defending and defending as team.

I agree on 2008's semi- ''ping pong'' style play in that it was pretty easy to be bearing down on a defender in only a few passes or runs.

Previous versions i found defending or cutting off the options worked more realistically, tackling by just jostling and nicking the ball without X or pressuring with X at the right time paid off more with practice.

I'm hoping similar occurs this time round with the AI assistance which will inevitable exist be all the more spritely at intercepting telegraphed passes provided you are positioned correctly.

Perhaps the fact that X button tackles supposedly have more ''oompf'' now will come into play in this new version, finally getting some meaty holding players capable of shielding the back three and making their presense known without a definate yellow.

Ah well next week eh? Should know whether we get our PES seshes back in time for cozy Autumn nights.

Any custom cover threads on the go?

Made this anyway. It's inkeeping with the style we've seen from the menu shots. :)

I commented on this picture over on PESFAN, malf. However, I would like to say (again) how good the picture is. Nice job!

Its nice to see a sensible discussion regarding the logistics of the game with thought out arguments instead of the rabble that sometimes occurs

sounds like the edit mode will be great this year with unlimited jpeg use for kits emblems logos and faces,just waiting for this to be confirmed but thats what it sounded like on the podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom