PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

All the nike balls? Thats loads? Haha or is it all the most recent ones including the premiership ball? Im not too fussed about Nike balls to be honest, but its still good, the more the better. I personally prefer the Adidas and Puma balls, but they are still quite nice.

Remember when everyone was talking about PES having a ball editor? Haha never happened like usual but hey thats what rumours are for I guess.

I think defending doesn't get as much attention as other aspects of the game, I think Fifa's defence is too good, it doesn't require much skill to defend well on the game I dont think, hence the low scores the majority of the time, well I don't conceed too often, and considering im supposed to be playing people who have played this since release, I cant say im impressed, or maybe they are just crap, or I am actually good? But anyway I think PES atleast the PS2 version, defending is more of a art, you need to always keep on your toes, maybe its different on the PS3 and 360 im not sure, as I got rid of them so long ago, was thinking about re-buying, but no point if 09 is out soon.

Liepzig should be good, both PES and Fifa being shown I take it?

personally i can't believe konami wasn't done by trading standards after pes2008....truly fucking awful

it promised the best gameplay to date, plus online playable.....mwahahahahhahaa

Last edited:

Indeed. I think quality of online play will be hidden, maybe until the game releases.

Who knows, one of the announcements might well be an online cup or league? Of course, I am just speculating, but you never know and I am sure one of the surprises will be one we have no prior knowledge.

WENB podcast is out if anyone's interested.

The edit mode sounds great, uploading jpegs from the HDD is going to be great, I'm going to look for some pics now in preparation.

Wasn't there a thread for something similar last year?

The edit mode sounds great, uploading jpegs from the HDD is going to be great, I'm going to look for some pics now in preparation.

Wasn't there a thread for something similar last year?

How does it work though Tobi??

Do I just look for pics of the shirts, shorts and socks then import them into the game???

Is this just done by connecting the 360 to a pc/laptop??

I also hear you can import your own crowd noises?? how do you get your own chants that sound realistic??

Thoughts are welcome chaps

The way it was described is that you just import them into the game...kinda like putting a custom soundtrack into a game on the PS3. I'm not sure how it would work on the 360 though.

I've only come across one website that has football chants but you have to pay for them so that's a no go.

I don't get this different weather effects in different stadiums? Whats that about.

Perhaps it differs by location, Anfield has more chance of rain than the Camp Nou.

Great! Rainy anfield! This is all master league related though right? We can still pick and choose the weather in Exhibition

Who knows, one of the announcements might well be an online cup or league? Of course, I am just speculating, but you never know and I am sure one of the surprises will be one we have no prior knowledge.

Great idea, but I just hope they get online sorted once and for all. In the year 2008 it seriously cannot be that hard :SS

who are they ?

snapshot20080817154751gn4.jpg

snapshot20080817154733ps9.jpg

!? :SS

unknows like on the PES2008 intro

about WENB podcast and Edit Mode, it's just the beginning ;)

Tbh i don't really see why they can't do that. Its like buying the original game then making a copy and patching for personal use. What they can do is stop us from sharing files though.

Tbh i don't really see why they can't do that. Its like buying the original game then making a copy and patching for personal use. What they can do is stop us from sharing files though.

You could just share the jpeg instead of save file with the kits

for anyone who knows how all the editing side of things work... if we are able to just import perfect jpegs and have great kits, how will this work in relation to the online side of things? will these imported kits only be for offline or will they be for online as well, im thinking not, as to play online dont people both have to have the same game, with same maps, weapons, kits or whatever.

i fear the worst, but if it does apply to online, i'll be over the moon.

i love fifa and pes, and will buy both, but in my opinion, pes when not lagging is the better of the 2 gameplay wise, but at the same time, for detail and realism, fifa has the edge. i cant imagine how good pes playing at its best as we know it can, without lag, and with perfect kits would be like!

May well be another surprise announcement??

You never know, they may have put in the facility to use your edited kits online.Then again it might be impossible.

I still think there are some major suprises regarding online to come out of leipzig.

please, stop there the pes vs fifa thing.

I'm, with the idea that if the game becomes too much realistic, it will become boring, like the GTR racing games, they are a nightmare to even start a race.

I prefer a fun football game, than a realistic one. But, if the game manages to be realistic and fun, well, that's the perfect game.

The improved ball physics is what excites me about PES. I always thought (pre 08) that they had great physics.To think they are more improved with back spin and reactive to different conditions will be a god send.

I have already started to download all the premiership kits, crests, brands etc in preperation.I loved the editing in PES and I love the training which really helps you prepare for those online ding dongs.

Putting my own music in is a massive bost in actually adding to the enjoyment of spending time navigating.i think the old shitty tunes wanted you to get the hell out of there s quickly as possible lol.

The PES community expects and rightly so but its very clear that all the information released this time gives us something to be excited about.

I hope the lads play testing that have heavy NDA's do give us some feedback in a round about way on how it plays.

PS, has it been confirmed that the italian, french and spanish leagues remain licensed???

Last edited:

ThomasGOAL already confirmed jpegs ;)) It would work very easily. PES 2009 will find the jpegs on the PS3 HDD and then import them into the desired edit feature and save them within the option file. Xbox 360 should work the same as well. The same applies to music and crowd chants in MP3 formats.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

ThomasGOAL already confirmed jpegs ;)) It would work very easily. PES 2009 will find the jpegs on the PS3 HDD and then import them into the desired edit feature and save them within the option file. Xbox 360 should work the same as well. The same applies to music and crowd chants in MP3 formats.

Thanks Billy

How do you think the crowd chant swill integrate into the existing atmosphere, will it not sound a bit "staged"??

I mean, the existing atmosphere is quite hollow and for it to all of a sudden scream a terrace song could sound rather odd!

Ok but question is that it will be work online? I hope so yes:DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom