PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm gonna try it. though i have to say that it would be better if he just stayed in the middle and only went for the ball when the opponent passes my winger.

That's actually a funny image to picture in your head, someone running a marathon backwards :DD.

Let's just stop this now - you like PES, I don't. I like FIFA, you don't. Let's just agree to disagree and leave it there, as we're not making very good reading in this thread for anyone else.

:))

Hm, not totally true, amusing discussion, got totally interested in where this was leading to...

Is there anything I can do about the lack of stadiums on the PS3 version?

Patching has always been beyond my ken but I'm willing to have a go if I can put a few smaller stadiums in there.

Well, there's no happy man on the planet from me when I saw that a patch of konami fix:)
One week I can not play a full game in servers
and here the results after installing patch :

YouTube - PES 2009 Online - After Konami Patch 1.10

:RANT:

Strictly patch after all can not go into any room! Before soil matches at least now I can not even think about playing online.
Thanks konami proving that the man can count on you. When someone thinks that things are very bad, you immediately showed him that maybe wors

Last edited:
Just rented the game because I didn't feel the demo warranted a release-day purchase.

Although it is better than the demo and I've definitely had some nice moments with it, i think ill stick with fifa 09, at least until the next additions come out and we all re-evaluate once again. :)

My favourite thing about it are just the moments, quite frankly and not to draw more comparisons, that FIFA cant offer.
Just the simple things like players running straight at the ball and slide tackling it impromptu to get to it before an opponent, whereas fifa would have launched into a lengthy animation that would have resulted in me losing the ball.

The biggest drawback though, and its something thats painfully apparent from the word go, is the movement. I couldnt really be honest with myself if i was happy playing a game with player and ball movement with the sophistication of pong, especially when ive got something like FIFA sitting beside me that offers excellent all around animation, passing game and shooting (imo). However, konami STILL have the x-factor part of PES that rears its head every now and then. Cant put my finger on it - at times its just brilliant. Depressingly for them however, these moments are less and less frequent, while FIFA is improving rapidly in terms of providing exhilarating moments. Not to the standard of PES, but its improving, and with PES seemingly having less of those moments in each new iteration, i dont think it will be too long before even badger, paolo and pboreham will agree that it is finally the better game.

...OR

Konami decide to mix it up. Fill the dev team with new, ambitious people, with a passion for football and football gaming, and they finally produce a new fluid next-gen engine capable of proper deflections and without the aforementioned pong-esque movement.

Only time will tell.

FUCK!!! I'm not getting PES2009 today.....for some odd reason the release date has been pushed back by 2 more weeks to the 7/11/08.

I am absolutely gutted.

Edit: So angry that I got the damn date wrong too.

Last edited:
Matt, just rent it and try to get into it for a couple of days and you'll see that it gets better and better. Glad to see that you have an unbiased opinion though and didnt bash the game every chance you had:APPLAUD:

I was thinking of doing exactly that seen as I've just bought a 360, and need something to play on it.

Problem being the 360 pad is completely unsuited for football games.

Ah well, I'll just rent and do a proper review at the end of it.

I was thinking of doing exactly that seen as I've just bought a 360, and need something to play on it.

Problem being the 360 pad is completely unsuited for football games.

Ah well, I'll just rent and do a proper review at the end of it.

i thought the same thing when i first played pro evo on a xbox (always owned ps1 and ps2 versions till 2007) but after some getting used to, the 360 controller is found quiet nice. 360-stick is much better then PS-stick (i've always used direction-buttons on PS).

I use the left stick rather then the d-pad and then the 360 pad is pretty good :)

Indeed, d-pad on 360-controller sucks!

Last edited:
Just to add my 2 cents to the whole other cents here :)

I think PES 2009 is a good game with some flaws. Konami has come to square one with this version.

May be it's not the best game in the series but it has some interesting aspects. I very much like what they have done with the passing. I think it's a positive step that you can control where the ball goes esp. with through balls.
Yet, the defence, although better than PES 2008, is still dodgy half the time. A player like C. Ronaldo or Rooney "could" run through the whole defence and score even when your "supposedly highly rated" defenders are stuck to him. Which a frustrating thing, but at least not as frequent as PES 2008.

Also, sometimes the CPU controls your defenders and make them slide when you didn't even press any thing!! and it's not the assisted controls because i have tried everthing.

The other thing is the ball physics. The ball seems to be floating or hovering like a UFO for a while then it moves again. Maybe i got used to it now, but for the first few games that animation was really ugly.

Anyway, I think we're back where we started with this game. Should they improve on this, it would be interesting.

Last edited:
PS3 OPTION FILE UPDATE - RELEASED TOMORROW

Preview Images

imgp0617.jpg

imgp0618.jpg

imgp0620.jpg

imgp0623.jpg

As you might have guessed, the OF will not have updated squads. That’s mainly because of the online update Konami will be doing, we dont want anything messing up the OF. Saying that Carl has fully licensed the Spanish League, but we advise you remove them before the update just incase it messes them up.

Full details on how to install the OF when its released tomorrow morning! (E.T.A 11AM GMT)

My copy of PES2009 is not here yet. I will be happy if tomorrow appears in my mailbox and I can test the WENB OF. Probably a coincidence...

WENB Option File Out Now!

YouTube - PES 2009 OF WENB

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/wenb-option-file-out-now/

It’s important to remind all the viewers that this OF was only created to make sure all unlicensed English and Spanish teams has their real life kits and team names. Therefore this OF does not include updated squads. This is mainly due to the fact the OF was created to work in conjunction with the update Konami is set to release in November. Once the update hits we will be updating the OF to include Bundesliga and International team. Right now we don’t know how this update will affect someone’s OF, so its a case of wait and see.

Last edited:
Some shirt designs I've made in edit mode:

Germany Home (will need to import graphic of middle black band)
================================

Russia Home
=============================
Russia away
copy home design but change colours as follows
were red = white (29,30,31 RGB)
where white = red (27,4,7 RGB)
==============================
Russia gk 1
were red = green (4,15,10 RGB)
where white = cream (31,31,24 RGB)
==============================
Russia gk2
were red = blue (0,8,16 RGB)
where white = remain white

Serbia Home
===========================
Serbia away
copy above design but make all white and use gold (21,19,9 RGB) trim
===========================
Romania
Yellow (31,23,3 RGB)
Shirt layout (19,18,54,55)
Shirt colours (blue {3,5,20 RGB}, blue {same}, red {16,3,3 RGB}, blue {same})

Hopes this helps as quick template for people trying to make similar kits as well (e.g. Finland = same Romanian template, Slovenia = same Serbian template)

Have you guys noticed about the online teleports system?

It's not that both players host/client at same time. The starter as host are hosting the whole game and the client player clients the whole game. This isn't fair at all. An online update patch should fix this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom