PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

You've probably found it now but just for the record.

If you go into NETWORK and then join any lobby - go into VIEW DATA - and in there you can search for a friends ID.

BUT - it seems they have to be online while you search - it doesn't seem to find anyone who is offline as you search.

Cool cheers - you can also add someone after you complete a match with them.

Hope to catch you online then! Should be on later...

Not to insult your play, but I'm pretty sure that the reason that is happening to you is your own timing, maybe pressing the button to clear too early or something?

I as well am not having that problem at all.

If you read my original post I clearly stated that I pressed the button as soon as it came to my keepers feet. I've played enough football games to realise that timing is essential.

Anyways I'm not arguing over a bug in a game that I'm not playing anymore. There are worse keeper bugs I have encountered anyways, that was a bad example. Like keepers punching the ball when there was no pressure and they should have held it. Also keepers running away from the ball and shots that seem to go through keepers.

Last edited:

Did you try it on 360 or Ps3?? I have 360 version and didn't got that bug either (luckely)

In my case, in the PC version at low detail, 640x480 resolution (crappy video card).

Are there any Italians, Spanish, French posters about?

I'm looking for decent european chants (mp3 format preferably). All I can seem to find at the moment are English clubs.

Mate the best bet is to get something called Easy Hi-Q Recorder, you can d/l a trial version. It lets you record sound on your pc, so with that loaded go to youtube find a quality version of the chant, and play it and hit record.

Then edit it (it should be saved as MP3) in Nero sound editor or goldweave. NB if you fade in and out at the start / end it sounds much better as a chant. I have made loads of these for rare teams (Boca, Dinamo Zagreb, Crvena Zvezda, Zenit SP, Lazio, Benfica) PM me if you have problems and I can email them to you as a zip.

Mate the best bet is to get something called Easy Hi-Q Recorder, you can d/l a trial version. It lets you record sound on your pc, so with that loaded go to youtube find a quality version of the chant, and play it and hit record.

There's also a program that lets you record youtube vid sound to mp3. Easier and quicker, don't know the name of the prog but a google should find it.

listentoyoutube.com does it and zamzar convert any youtube video into mp3

just played a few CL exhibition matches, and I have to say, the level of refereeing is an absolute disgrace, especially in Rain matches.
Once again the assistant CPU tackles for me, and I get the red card. The Computer however ends up with only 8 players, 3 being sent off, for absolute nothing challenges, for once, I felt sorry for CPU opponent.

I played 3 consecutive matches, with different strategies, A/D Levels, Pressure, Marking, u name it,all rain matches, but there's always at least one player sent off from either side.

I've restrained from pressing the O button, but once I call for players(via Square+X) to apply pressure, an idiot comes screaming from behind with sliding challenge.(They tend to do this once the opponent is in the attacking third)

I'm starting to wonder whether this Team-vision bollocks is to blame for all the dodgy gameplay PES has in the last two years.

The ref and tackling was near perfect in WE9LE, if its not broken, why fix it?

I hate how the computer players slide in on your behalf and sometimes give away penalties. Don't mind if I take the risk and it doesn't pay off but very annoying when I've decided not to slide in and the computer does so!!

Liking the game though- apart from online, which is totally different and very pretty poor tbh (although I do quite enjoy the 4-player game)

Once you get used to using pressure less (with X or square pressed), there are a lot fewer CPU controlled tackles. I supposed they are just making it harder to defend. Haven't really played that main rainy matches to tell if it's different.

What the hell happened to Badgerman and Paolo Taveres? I want to hear impressions from these two.

Hi there.

Well, I keep coming to the site just to look at your avatar :P

Actually, I've been quite busy these past days, and will be so for the following weeks - I'm getting married in 17 days.

Nonetheless, I've been playing PES2009 a lot, and I've been enjoying it so far. I usually don't like the demos as much because I like to play with smaller clubs, I don't like to play only with the big teams. I get lots of satisfaction from playing with my poor Sporting Lisbon, and maybe that's why I'm more of a Master League type than a full manager type guy. I like to take the small teams to the top.

That said, I'm liking to read a lot about people enjoying BAL. As I've been saying for quite a while, it is THE mode that I wanted in a football game ever since Libero Grande hit the PS1.

I've played it a bit in the beginning, I signed for "Wearside" (what's their real name? It's where Chopra plays, and Weir), but so far, in Top Player, I have only played training matches. Nonetheless, it's only been 6 or 7 weeks, and so I deleted my save file. I'll start it from scratch later.

I decided to play a CL with Sporting to make time for the patch to arrive, because I know that the moment I get my hands on BAL again, I won't put it off, and I would rather have the real team names for that mode.

I've also tried playing 2 matches online, 2vs2, and I simply recalled why I hated going online with strangers. There were these two guys with mics who spent all the time talking trash. Nonetheless, one of them had a red connection, and as such we never played a single game until the end. Also, both games were Inter vs Chelsea. At one time, I asked if they wanted to play with Portuguese teams (since we were all Portuguese in the room), and they all decided to create a new room to play... Inter vs Chelsea.

Sigh.

I'll be going online for some Legends matches when I have a BAL player to play as. I'm really looking forward to playing that mode - and as I said before, if anyone wants to add me to PSN, my nick is pjft (if I remember correctly).

@FreMM - thanks for adding me. However, I'm having another problem: how do I find players online by their PES Id? Mine is also pjft (if this is, indeed, the ID that I should be giving).

About the game, I get a lot more satisfaction from playing it than I had for the 2 weeks where I forced myself to play FIFA. That was self-inflicted pain for my taste. In the end, my joy lies with PES.

I can face that PES's graphics don't have the gloss FIFA's have - it's actually pretty obvious in my LCD.

I can live without the clan features or the 10vs10 online mode.

I'm simply enjoying the game for what it is, and loving every moment. I managed to tie the game against Barcelona with Sporting (3-3) at the last minute, and I jumped off the couch and started celebrating. FIFA never gave me that. It was either "yay, I scored the goal on the 90th minute", "damn, they scored", or "well, I'm losing 2-0, let's see what happens now".

With PES it's more "F*ck, they scored, I have to get my act together", "Damn, I'm 2 down! I've got 30 mins to try and tie at least. Bring it on, suckers" or, finally, "Hell yeah, take that! And you thought you were going to take the 3 points with you!". I'm actually living the game.

I can completely empathize with pboreham when he said in the BAL thread that "he understands the Pros now for being pissed off when being subbed" or that he is always afraid of being subbed every time the ball goes out in the second half :)

I'm not going to try and preach PES to anyone. I wouldn't mind if I was the only one playing PES. If it is THE game I enjoy - and due to work life mixing with family life and playing time, it is the game that I play for 90% of my playing time during the whole year - I'll gladly keep playing it and enjoying it.

Why has Badgerman been away from the thread, as well as me? Because most of the negative comments that come out nowadays are mainly repetitions of things that don't add anything to the discussion, and it won't change our mind. It is mostly people trying to convince us that they are right and that their truth is THE truth, and that nuisance will only detract from our PES experience.

I won't let the haters ruin PES for me :)

I'll keep following the thread, mind you, and I sure hope to meet some of you online in a Legends match, or for a Sporting Lisbon vs whichever club you choose :) I'm a fair sport, I don't mind if you win the matches against me - I'm a though cookie, nonetheless, or at least I'll put up some challenge ;) - I just want to have some nice matches against people who are mature enough about games and playing against others.

Still, it is not likely that this will happen in the following weeks, since I'm full of stuff to take care of for the wedding.

Best regards, and keep up the great mood we have here!

Paulo Tavares

P.S. - I have a question about OFs, however. Do they bring the chants over, or do we have to setup the chants individually?

Last edited:
congrats paulo on getting married. Less time for PES in the future I assume? :D or is the missus a footie fan as well?

Thanks Zakov!

Less time for PES in the future, sadly... :P

But I'll do my best to keep my PES time up to date... I'm thinking of two TV sets: my LCD for gaming, and a smaller set for her shows :D

Let's see if we need to resort to that strategy...

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

Good to hear from you again Paolo. I've been married for almost 3 years now and a father for 8 months. Don't worry you will get time. I usually do my gaming when the family go to sleep.
I hope to be online soon and will definitely lookout for you dont worry though I dont use my beloved Barca when challenging others. Congrats with the wedding and don't believe the rumours married life is great.

What the hell happened to Badgerman and Paolo Taveres? I want to hear impressions from these two.

I'm not a big fan of sticking my dick into salami slicers thank you very much. But yeah, this place likes to come up with a consensus, that reality, inevitably, proves otherwise. Woe betide anyone that tries to point this out.

I haven't played too much of either game as I've not been home in a while. I've played a bit of Be A Legend mode where I knocked about in Hull's reserves side before making the worst mistake of my life in joining Newcastle. It's a good game, it's nowhere near as bad as how it's made out here. I'm not trumpeting some pro-Konami talking points either, I've always said it as it is. Untucked shirts is a brilliant example of what's wrong here, people can express faux-outrage only for a non-issue to suddenly matter to some people. I mean seriously, seriously.

Personally the most enjoyment I've had from either game is the arena mode in Fifa, partly because it reminds me of having a kick about with mates on a park. Unfortunately I reckon that they've botched the implementation of shooting in the actual gameplay, and that's a big neddy no no for me. The most important part of any football game is shooting, if it's not up to scratch then it's not for me, I feared that they cocked it up in the PES demo but I found that it wasn't the case in the full game. Also I know that narking on Fifa usually brings blah blah licenses, EA listens to suggestions, nice music and fancy presentation but it honestly doesn't mean shit to me. Fifa was meant to be this other-worldly game that in reality has only managed to peg back PES, pff.

Also I reckon that I've become a bit disillusioned with sports games over recent years. What made ISSPE1 and 3 so fantastic was the suspension of disbelief where you could trick your mind into thinking that you were watching an actual game of football. The core mechanics of the games were spot on, it required the use of your footballing brain to it's fullest extent. I guess in part me being a wide eyed youngster helped in that playing football on a Playstation was a novel experience in itself. Over the past few years I've been very aware that I'm playing a game, where the emphasis has slowly shifted to playing the game how the developer wants you to instead of what your head is telling you to. If you folks out there can still capture this suspension of disbelief, no matter if you're playing PES, Fifa or are smacked out on LSD, then fair play to you because that suspension is the x-factor that makes any game good, particularly sports games.

Oh, and please don't think that this is me running off with my tail inbetween my legs at a lacklustre PES. This is more of me having set too high expectations for where I thought football games would be today. Couple this with the fact that I'm essentially a casual gamer and have been spoilt by GTAIV and MGS4, then I guess that I was always going to have unrealistic goals in mind, but for me, we shouldn't be restricted to 16 directional movement in this day and age. It's been the same for years in either game and it is so ridiculously limiting that it's grating on my tits something fierce.

I'll play PES 2009 because it's more tailored to my playing style than Fifa is. Also BAL has intrigued me. I'll knock about online if it's up to scratch because I deal in the business of breaking bitches.

I

Break

Bitches

For real, I am absolutely god damned awesome and the amount of shit I wreck in games is pretty spectacular considering I don't spend half as much time tweaking my RAM compared to you poopsockers. The problem is that it's hard to have a laugh with mates when you win every single game against them, I've even been banned from using Portsmouth in the past vs mates as I got too good with them :'[

But yeah, this major re-alignment in the stars is complete horse shit. If you're going to handicap PES to the point where PES is a dead series then I don't fancy Fifa's chances if you apply the same yardstick to them.

In summary, play whatever you want.

Posting tips for Evo-Web posters from Badgerman.

- In the case of Rob92. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE make a complaint against Pro Evo which could be easily levelled at Fifa. God damn I swear that every one of your posts read to me like so "Hurrr so I was playing PES when :II when all of a sudden this menu came up and I was like :II and I mean I don't have a clue why, I think this is another indication of PES being broke :II incidentally the cheat where you pres start every 5 in-game minutes doesn't seem to work :II this game is full on poop."

- Untucked shirts is the best argument, please do not refrain from using it as it is the most accurate barometer I know for testing the Evo-Web waters.

- Shit the bed at PES2010 now because I guarantee you that it wont meet your expectations. Christ, if I don't have realistic expectations then lord knows what half of you are thinking. Actually most of you already have PES planned out for the rest of time so woooo.

But aye, if anyone wants to get merked to hell and back then once I've gotten to grips with the game I'll be up for dishing out some bitch breaking, PM me your PSN stuff and the war crimes can begin.

Last edited:

- In the case of Rob92. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE make a complaint against Pro Evo which could be easily levelled at Fifa. God damn I swear that every one of your posts read to me like so "Hurrr so I was playing PES when :II when all of a sudden this menu came up and I was like :II and I mean I don't have a clue why, I think this is another indication of PES being broke :II incidentally the cheat where you pres start every 5 in-game minutes doesn't seem to work :II this game is full on poop."
Obviously you havn't read my posts then - i've given real reasons as to why I don't like the game, gameplay reasons mostly.

What a funny guy you are.

I've never said anything as stupid as what you said my posts were like on here...

Haha good one Paulo... good luck with the marriage :-D

I will add you to PSN when I log in the network. However, I am afraid that there will be some lag due I live in Peru... oh well...

We can play Fiorentina - Sporting Lisboa :-D

What a funny guy you are.

I've never said anything as stupid as what you said my posts were like on here...

You actually typed out that people who buy Fifa are more intelligent than those who buy PES.

It was deleted because it was easily the most ignorant thing that anyone has posted in this thread, and that is some feat.

You actually typed out that people who buy Fifa are more intelligent than those who buy PES.

It was deleted because it was easily the most ignorant thing that anyone has posted in this thread, and that is some feat.
I didn't say that at all, I just said that from what I see on here, a lot of the people who praise PES and dislike FIFA are very immature and post worthless shite. I also said there were exceptions to that as well...

backpedal.gif

a lot of the people who praise PES and dislike FIFA are very immature and post worthless shite.

Unbelievable, you trip up like this every time.

You're response to people posting immature and worthless shit is to... post immature and worthless shit.

Come on, lad. It's too easy.

Last edited:
Well, I think its best if you separate intelligence/behaviour and gaming interests, no one will take you seriously after making daft comments like, "the average PES fan(who glorifies PES and dislikes FIFA) is immature and posts worthless shite" because, vice versa and its the same. Never generalize based on what you see only in small amounts. Yes, this forum does not represent the whole PES community. Not even the "average ones".

If you've been to any FIFA forum in the past 6 years, before PES started being one of the mainstream footie games in the world(I think it was before PES3 was released on PC), you'll notice that the level of maturity in the FIFA forums was much worse than this.
Not that I'm defending the close-minded opinions of both sets of fans.

Last edited:
The evidence of what I said is in quite a high percentage of posts in both here and the editing section... You can deny/ignore it if you wish, but that's just my opinion of a lot of the people on here. As long as it's not you, why do you care?

I bet that if what I say would be worded the other way round replacing PES with FIFA, you wouldn't have even commented on it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm suprised you spent time doing the math on this, and where is this evidence anyway?
Just because its your opinion, doesn't mean you can get away with it without a debate.
Thats what these forums are here for.

I've done no maths on it, but whenever I look at either this thread or at the editing sections to see if a miracle mod can fix the game and make it slightly realistic gets released (very unlikely) I have to trawl through so many shit posts.

There are a lot less in here now though than there were in the weeks leading up to release though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom