PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha Come on Rob92 be a man and admit you fucked up there. Oh god that post was my highlight this year more than any other info, screenshot, video you name it that bloody post was breathtaking moreso because you took yourself seriously.

The evidence of what I said is in quite a high percentage of posts in both here and the editing section... You can deny/ignore it if you wish, but that's just my opinion of a lot of the people on here. As long as it's not you, why do you care?

I bet that if what I say would be worded the other way round replacing PES with FIFA, you wouldn't have even commented on it...

Now you're getting desperate because I have posted numerous times in this thread when people who like PES have baited Fifa folk.

I've even sent PM's to people asking them to edit their posts that were over the mark.

But yeah, tell yourself that this is all a partisan witch hunt.

Also if you can find me a forum where there isn't a high percentage of knobheads then I would be floored. Something Awful is the only one I can think of.

Maybe I was just stating the obvious then, saying there are loads of tossers on here, you didn't take it that way though and went off on one about it...

Ha ha Come on Rob92 be a man and admit you fucked up there. Oh god that post was my highlight this year more than any other info, screenshot, video you name it that bloody post was breathtaking moreso because you took yourself seriously.
Nah I didn't fuck up, it's an opinion. I'm glad you found it so funny that it's a highlight of your year though :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back on topic, I heard that a patch will be released at the end of the week for PC vers.
To sort out the BAL bug that is.
Will relocate the link.

Last edited:
Haha good one Paulo... good luck with the marriage :-D

I will add you to PSN when I log in the network. However, I am afraid that there will be some lag due I live in Peru... oh well...

We can play Fiorentina - Sporting Lisboa :-D

Definitely looking forward to it!

By the way, going on a honeymoon to Peru. Is November a good time to visit there? :)

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

Even with your superior intellect, you can't mask the marathon you are currently doing backwards.
That's actually a funny image to picture in your head, someone running a marathon backwards :DD.

Let's just stop this now - you like PES, I don't. I like FIFA, you don't. Let's just agree to disagree and leave it there, as we're not making very good reading in this thread for anyone else.

A very dumb opinion, IMHO. :D
You must of realized this as well, since it has been deleted.
Well it's not the best thing to say on the forums really as a lot of people could take it the wrong way, I admit that.
You know you're not one of the people who I am talking about with that comment anyway - I mean just the usual forum dickheads you get on any site on the internet now. I have now stopped replying to that sort of person as they are completely worthless to the forums.

Anyway, back to PES...

Well, I think its best if we went back to PES discussion, I can't remember how many times we've been warned not to stray from the original topic of discussion.

Definitely looking forward to it!

By the way, going on a honeymoon to Peru. Is November a good time to visit there? :)

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

Sorry for the OT, mods.

I guess you can visit Peru anytime of the year. I am pleased that you are coming here to have your honeymoon. Probably we can meet here and play some matches in my dept :D

The weather is good, we are slowly getting into Spring and the weather is pretty nice this time of the year. When you come to Peru, there are two things you cannot miss: Cuzco with Macchu Picchu and peruvian food. For me, peruvian food is one of the best of the world. The variety is immense and if you like seafood, for example, you will be in heaven.

Contact me via PM or send me your email via PM to continue talking about it Paulo... would be my pleasure to help you in your trip!

I played on the full game on both consoles today in HMV.

It's a lot, lot, lot better than the demo. But it's still missing something. It doesn't feel like Pro Evo, still feels like some other company made it.

I can't believe that konami left out the option, when you do a cup, to have a mate take over control of your opponent; you're forced to play the AI if a computer controlled team is your opponent. People immediately raised the issue with pes2008, when they first took out the option. And it's still not fixed. Pure rubbish.

Honestly, I see no big deal in the absence of that option, but also I dont mind at all about untucked shirts. I guess we are all different...

I played on the full game on both consoles today in HMV.

It's a lot, lot, lot better than the demo. But it's still missing something. It doesn't feel like Pro Evo, still feels like some other company made it.

Matt, just rent it and try to get into it for a couple of days and you'll see that it gets better and better. Glad to see that you have an unbiased opinion though and didnt bash the game every chance you had:APPLAUD:

agreed Fremm, it seems all the sensible people are left having sensible discussions, must be why it's so boring. LOL

It's my big day tomorrow so I will give my impressions on Monday, I hope I'm not going to be dissappointed, I have looked at 3 videos, a few screenshots and haven't touched the demo.

I did enjoy PES 2008 on the PS3 though not for a full year as was the case with the previous titles so I don't think I could be disappointed.

I do absolutely love this game, but it is such a dissappointment that they (for some reason) removed the 360-degree manual passing in all the other versions.

(Sorry Rob, again, you were right!).

I used to love doing cross-field switches, but looking at the radar and seeing the player like 30-degrees ahead of my position. So I instictively knew I could tip the left or right stick that kind of angle and the ball would get there.

Now, it either goes straight out of play, or nowhere near the player. :(

Means an adjustment, but it does stop some of the creativity.

BTW, I use manual pass mode '5' - always have done for some reason!

This was in 2008 and I miss it :(

Official PES2009 Patch v1.10 is released.

Patch Notes

Time of Release: 23/10/2008

Implementing this update will fix the following problems:

* Problems that affected the game in various game modes when played in a resolution higher than 1280*720.
Once implemented, the game can be played in higher resolutions than the one previosly without the same
problems.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please be informed that by implementing the patch, the save file you created in
advance for ""Become a Legend"", ""Champions League"", ""League / Cup"" and ""Master League"" modes may
become unusable.

Finally, we would like to apologize for any inconveniences and confusion caused.

Last edited:
For the PC what type of controller is the most responsive for PES2009?
I'm currently on a PS2 USB Converter+PS2 Dual shock. Its not as responsive as I would like, especially the analog passing, which goes waywards most of the time.

I'm considering buying an XBOX 360 Wireless for the PC. Since I've read reviews and a majority of them claim that it is the best controller on the market for the PC.
What do you guys think? I'd like to know how manual passing is for those who already own this type of Gamepad.

cheers

When I played it on the PC, I used a PS3 pad connected to the PC through USB, using the libusb drivers.

I find that the passes don't really go where I want to sometimes, though I'm not sure if it is the controller's fault or just mine.

If you have the chance to get your hands on a PS3 controller, try it, though I don't see why would it be different than the PS2 one.

Oh, I'm a dpad player, by the way.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

When I played it on the PC, I used a PS3 pad connected to the PC through USB, using the libusb drivers.

I find that the passes don't really go where I want to sometimes, though I'm not sure if it is the controller's fault or just mine.

If you have the chance to get your hands on a PS3 controller, try it, though I don't see why would it be different than the PS2 one.

Oh, I'm a dpad player, by the way.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

I think its more of the game's limitations when it comes to directions. Plus, the L1+Analog Passing is really sensitive, compared to when using the normal long pass.

Hmm, PS3 controller eh? Hmm, too bad I already order my 360 controller. :p

Thx for the input.(no pun intended) :D

And the patch released is indeed for the PC version. It fixes crashes and bugs mainly in the BAL mode.

guys, maybe you can help me out on this one. when i try to defend the attacking player on the wing with my midfielder or wingback, my cb is coming for help. i dont push the square button and its really annoying as he creates space in the box for the opponent. especially when you are playing online it frustrates you because a human player is more efficient than the cpu. any advice?

guys, maybe you can help me out on this one. when i try to defend the attacking player on the wing with my midfielder or wingback, my cb is coming for help. i dont push the square button and its really annoying as he creates space in the box for the opponent. especially when you are playing online it frustrates you because a human player is more efficient than the cpu. any advice?

he'll do that... get back and cover for him.

switch to the center back and then switch back to the wingback perhaps?
I've always done that if I feel there's a massive hole in the center of my defence. It can be tiring but in PES you've got to focus all the way.

Yup, take control of the CB, hang back and use square to pressure the attacker with your midfielder/wing back. Your opponent will probably pass, or if he tries to skin your wing back you'll probably be able to pick possession off him in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom