PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

This Champions League rumour confuses me. What source did it originate from that has meant it holds so much weight?

This Champions League rumour confuses me. What source did it originate from that has meant it holds so much weight?

I think Konami did actually purchase the license, but not for PES09. Maybe the game was too far into development when they got the license.

I think Konami did actually purchase the license, but not for PES09. Maybe the game was too far into development when they got the license.
No, my bet is that they keep it secret to have something big to announce at the Leipzig convention. I would not be surprised if they implemented it in the Master-League; the other subject which they did not talk too much about...

After all the positive news we've had for a game that many people thought was going to be dire, for people to complain about it now and say it's dead make me think that they want it to fail.

After last year, Master League was the least of their concerns. However they've fixed everything that was wrong and have even added modes, this is a good thing.

To say that PES is dead because of 1 game mode is pretty ridiculous considering that Fifa survived 10 years with dire gameplay.

Oh well, by the sounds of it it's gonna be the bees news so woop.

Badgerman why do you bite? You should know by now who says what and why.

'In addition to the importation of graphic data, music and crowd chants can also be added.'

This pretty much confirms that we will be able to import jpg files for player kits and faces and MP3's for music and crowd chants, at least on the PS3 which is brilliant. The pixel paint tool sounds good too. All we need now in the edit mode is an adboard editor and a ball editor.

As for you guys who talk about manager movement in the Master League. I always thought you were talking about them walking around in the dugout. :LOL: I only realised what you mean when CB mentioned it! Its a dissapointment if this is not in.

Also I still expect the UEFA Champions League to be part of the game this year. Im hoping that its both a seperate competition that is available under Cup and that its also part of the Master League. It would be nice if you could participate in an online Champions League with your friends. If it is in the club licenses better be included. I want the big 4 in the EPL to be fully licensed. That would be brilliant.

Finally trophies better be in the PS3 version and also they should remove the stupid registration code system for online use. Im going to wait till Leipzig for more information. :)

Getting the edit mode to a point where the kits can be edited to a similar standard of that of the patchers is a goal I was hoping we'd get with this game.

Hopefully they don't put on some daft restriction like last time so we can really get stuck in.

Badgerman why do you bite? You should know by now who says what and why.

Well the thread has been pruned twice now, I'm slightly worried that the guy has a brain slug on telling him what to think.

Really it's all part of my public safety programme.

Im hoping PES 2010 will be a revolution as WENB and other PES sites suggest. What would make that would be 360 degree movement, manual passing/shooting/crossing and improved graphics. But all of that would require a new engine so I look forward to this happening soon. The PS2 titles were absolutley brilliant, perhaps some of the best games ever but now we have newer and more advanced technology so why limit ourselves?

Sounds all good, Legend mode will replace ML for me.
Hopefully standard 2v2 online is in, along with Legend Online,

surely by now the emirates stadium has to be included, im bored of playing at the same english grounds

Billyboy what do you think, how we can do this i mean edit kits,faces import patches etc on PS3 an xbox 360?All we know that it will be possible but how we do this?On pc is easier because you install game on hard drive but on PS3 and Xbox 360 you put disk into dvd.I can't imagine this..... maybe you :D

wow, those point by point improvements have got me excited. they certainly talk a good game. can't wait to see this in motion.

Billyboy what do you think, how we can do this i mean edit kits,faces import patches etc on PS3 an xbox 360?All we know that it will be possible but how we do this?On pc is easier because you install game on hard drive but on PS3 and Xbox 360 you put disk into dvd.I can't imagine this..... maybe you :D

Dont worry mate. You will see what I mean hopefully at Leipzig. Its not really complicated. Your just using your jpg files and mp3's that are stored on your PS3/360 HDD and adding them to the edited kits and music and saving them as an option file. You can already do this to a degree with PES 2008 and the PS Eye/Vision Cam. Its a nice change which will make editing both easier and far more accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:

at last some news, sounds great and should be a return to form for pro evo soccer...hopefully a decent edit mode aswell

I find it interesting that the PESfan guy said "It seems like Konami forgot about the last few versions, and are making a decent footy game"

I would have expected him to just say "last years" version, unless he means since PES5, in which case I'd be ecstatic.

im not excited at al this time,
the gameplay pics shown looks not good at al
when i saw the Fifa09 gameplay vids, it rly looks good but the gameplay fails for me verytime.

i need to see some Pes09 gameplay footage in HD first
i keep my expectations very very low,and hope to get suprised in someway
Fingers crossed
it stil remains best footie game ever

Konami unveils new modes and gameplay additions as PES 2009 strives to band together PES players in the quest for football perfection
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has revealed further details of the many gameplay additions in its forthcoming PES 2009 title, and has explained its unique ‘PES Unites’ slogan that has been designed to band together fans of the beautiful game via its new game modes.

PES 2009 has been reworked from the ground up. New player models, AI elements and physics routines all combine to create the most advanced and realistic football game ever, but at the heart of PES 2009 are two new modes designed to make players rethink the way they approach the game.

‘PES Unites’ is the key phrase Konami is using to sum up the ethos of the new game. PES 2009 also improves on its many existing game modes and adds a number of new ways to play the game. Central to this is the new ‘Become a Legend’ solo mode, which casts the user as a midfielder or striker within a match. Using a default vertical camera view, the player starts as a rookie pro at the start of their career, and charts the many highs and lows of becoming a professional player.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT BECOME A LEGEND MODE!!!!

The PES series has always been famed for its deep yet accessible control system, but the new game is aiming even higher. PES 2009 offers an unprecedented level of control, redefining the intricacies of first touch, close control and ball distribution, while also enhancing its shooting and AI mechanisms to create an all-round footballing experience. Konami’s Tokyo-based Pro Evolution Soccer Production Team has introduced new control systems wherein the player can now perform tricks and feints without the use of special moves, but within the context of the player’s run and via rapid turns and movements of the Dpad or analogue stick.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT NEW LEVEL OF CONTROL!!!!

Producer Shingo ‘Seabass’ Takatsuka and his team have also worked to extend the remit of their Teamvision AI routines, with on-screen team mates adapting their tactics according to current situations, and moving into space to assist the player in attacking and defensive situations. Teamvision also recognizes strategies that work for or against it, and will accumulate the data for use in Master League and League mode.

The ever-present Master League has also been reworked, with negotiations now a lot simpler and conducted on a two-tier club and personal basis, while loyalty now plays a part with disaffected players’ moods having an adverse affect on their performances.

Adding an all-new layer of gloss to PES 2009’s much-enhanced realism, the game has also undergone a radical aesthetic upgrade. Stadiums now have more realistic environment and atmospheric elements, while the PLAYSTATION 3 and Xbox 360 versions will also showcase LED hoardings. Likewise, the way distance is shown has been changed, with the use of contrast adding a depth field to the action, while there is also a new vertical camera angle that automatically switches to a closer proximity during key one-on-one situations.

Every player in the game has also been totally redefined, with all new face and body detail, with further facial animations and kit detailing adding to the realism.

The game’s Edit mode has also been boosted with the ability to create bespoke matches via the importing of faces, kits, and even sound files for specific music and crowd chants for any team. A new Pixel Paint system has also been integrated, allowing players to create their own club crests and badges to add to their home-grown kits.

“We have pulled out all the stops to make PES 2009 a landmark in footballing games,” commented Jon Murphy, PES Project Leader for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “From the most basic controls, through to the wide-ranging additions to game modes such as ‘Become a Legend’, all-new visuals, sound, and the Edit mode, Seabass and his team have strived to cram as much as they can into the new game. And with more online announcements to follow, there is every reason to believe that PES 2009 is the football game everyone has been waiting for.”

“It is an honour to know that our game is enjoyed by so many people from different backgrounds,” said Takatsuka of the new additions. “From top professional players, to football enthusiasts and kids who just want a kickabout in the streets, its appeal is widening all the time. The new Become a Legend and Legends Modes are designed to convey the pressure and pace a real pro experiences, with players working as part of a strong side and working to prove their merit as a player. I feel great and motivated when people enjoy our games, and feel the new modes will open up new ways to enjoy PES.”

http://www.gamingaccess.com/index.php?news_id=14284

Great News :w00t:

FIFAvsPES.gif

sory for off topic but.. :-pp :LOL:

I'm not. Rihanna wont be on the cover :(

yeah thats a shame, lets wait for pes 2010 for that!

before people gets disappointed, i will advice that pes 2009 probably wont look so stunning (like fifa does, and im a pes fanboy, btw) in motion, i think they hadn't enough time to improve the animations engine, surely it will look better than 2008, but not by a mile

In the year 1969, man walked on the moon.

In the year 2008, Michael Phelps won 8 gold medals.

But in 2009, a revolution in sports entertainment will be upon us. We will be able to have 2 additional millimeters of fabric visable on a computer game.

Nice cover!

Never been into the "lets put a footie star on the cover" ones.

Nice to see a stadium/grass/ball. Don't need anything else.

Yeah that's nice, I'm not one for stars on the cover either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom