PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

from pesfan

Directly from Japan we receive fresh news. The producer and head of PES, sebass, has made his first statements on the next delivery of most eagerly awaited football simulator.

What were the greatest challenges during the development of PES 2008?

The development of any game always poses challenges, is the nature of everything that must be achieved within a period of time. With something like PES, the challenges that face are put in place all our ideas within which we have allocated and make them work. This year, for example, we have improved the movement without the ball to raise the level of control that has the player.

What's New in PES 2009?

PES In 2009 we have implemented new control elements that are reinforced with improved animations. We have worked very hard to ensure that the animation of the players is more fluid, while many of the visual improvements will emphasize the individuality of the players in terms of appearance and movement. The movements and added small touches also improve the gameplay, and really has not excited the way they improve the game in PES 2009. These improvements will PES 2009 beyond the playing field.

We have been keen to expand the game modes in PES 2009, and have created new "Become a legend" and "Legends" for single and multiplayer game, respectively. Both the player become one of the players during a match, and forcing the user to adapt his game to become part of a complete team, as with real life! This requires a different discipline of the game and change players, and allows several players to play together online mode 'Legends'.

It sounds very impressive!

Yes, it can be tough, but it is always useful to have positive information on the latest version. I look forward to hearing what people think when the game is launched in October, and I hope you enjoy the new game.

As you see, first words to anlalizar in depth. Although this is not an in-depth interview, certainly some initial statements that are beginning to see where to make those shots go in the next edition of the game… We can not wait any longer to play

im sure if you check seabasses pes2008 interview its the same,im not very impressed with only 1 new game mode(which isnt even new!!!) and no mention of champions league licence:NONO::TD:

Last edited:

Nick said:
If they have the whole game they will be able to tell us which two new teams are added to the ML this year...

What are you on about, they never ADD teams, they just Replace teams!

Get it right Nick ;)

PESFan's theboss is testing it today, maybe right now even. Lets hope for leaks today eh

I think they try to make up the loss of the bundesgliga by showing the game in germnay.

You have to feel sorry for the German PES fans. First the loss of the unofficial Bundesliga, then no Bayern Munich, so no German teams at all. The lure of FIFA must be huge seeing as they have fully a licensed Bundesliga 1, Bundesliga 2, German national team and 6 official German stadia.

As the guys on the WENB podcast said, the loss of the German license should never have happened right in Konami's back yard.

I still do not known why KONANI isn't even allowed to put in a generic, unlicensed German league...
...like it's in some manager games

I still do not known why KONANI isn't even allowed to put in a generic, unlicensed German league...

That really pisses me off, so many players and teams are missing from ML because of it. Why can't Konami get and include the Portuguese and Scottish league licences? There not exclusive to Fifa.

It's the EA fault

PS: i don't joke or troll about EA, it's true, you can ask to Adam or KAiWAi

how many club teams are there in the world??????? why stick to x amount of leagues like tobi said there is portugeese scottish african leagues or clubs like the fifa world club tournement or even more national teams its the same every year to be honest pes 2009 has to live upto to fifa this year look at this guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRUJLfqA_R4&feature=related

I heop they give us as many slots to create the teams we want. And most importantly be able to have them int he ML, unlike last year we couldn't which was pretty lame.

i would like slots in the game like empty leagues and i would like slots like pes5 gave us so we can patch when working with little amount of slots its hard to make all teams licensed

It's a mystery to me. There must be some good reason.

As far as I'm aware if they use incorrect club names, player names and the kits look nothing like the real ones then I don't see how they are doing anything wrong?

tobi said:
That really pisses me off, so many players and teams are missing from ML because of it. Why can't Konami get and include the Portuguese and Scottish league licences? There not exclusive to Fifa.

This is something Konami could have done years ago, but it seems they would rather keep the same amount of club teams in the game and just replace some teams with different ones. They should be looking to push the series forward in this respect. I'd like the Sensible World of Soccer experience where we have leagues from all over the world.

Also no wonder why the ML is only limited to 4 leagues?

No one knows the true reason why they took out so many features but we are all in agreement it was extremely annoying

Well it's not exactly a coincidence that issues cropped up during the transition from old to next gen.

Right now it seems as if they're adding in new modes for the first time in ages and have now gotten over the bugs that riddled 2008. So woop it is, that dodgy chapter is behind us.

Well it's not exactly a coincidence that issues cropped up during the transition from old to next gen.

Right now it seems as if they're adding in new modes for the first time in ages and have now gotten over the bugs that riddled 2008. So woop it is, that dodgy chapter is behind us.

I took that into account but limiting the PC version to 20 saved replays? Small stuff like that which I couldn't put my head around. Anyway, we've talked about this stuff for ages now and I just want to look ahead to 2009. May the criticising of shakey cam footage begin!

You mean as in because they didn't bother creating a next gen engine from scratch but instead tried patch up a current gen engine and make it acceptable in next gen?

Sadly it seems PES2009 will be no different from PES2008 other than a few tweaks fixes, it still won't be a next gen engine, Adam said in the last podcast we won't be seeing that until PES2010 at the earliest :(

You mean as in because they didn't bother creating a next gen engine from scratch but instead tried patch up a current gen engine and make it acceptable in next gen?

No, that's the opposite what I meant. Going to a new generation was always going to pose problems, especially for a relatively small team. Of course you take the view that Konami spent time eating puppies instead of developing the game so w/e.

The stuff about engines is and has been bollocks for a long time. PES has played like PES and always will, same for Fifa.

Sadly it seems PES2009 will be no different from PES2008 other than a few tweaks fixes, it still won't be a next gen engine, Adam said in the last podcast we won't be seeing that until PES2010 at the earliest :(

Again, this stuff about engines is just plop. Basically you want them to start from scratch and end up with a game that could potentially lack the caramel centre that makes PES what it is.

Bleh, just fix the bugs, add some new modes and make sure that any changes do not balls the gameplay up.

They already have the game with the better gameplay so you can't blame them for making radical changes to it.

Last edited:

Engines matter for games like Unreal Tournament, Half Life and the like. You don't need to re-write a game like Pro Evo every year to have a top class title, as, conveniently, Pro Evo has proved for the last decade.

I don't think we'll see a new, re-written engine somewhere in the near future...unfortunately. It's just my feelings, though

Sadly, it seems like the PES hardcore don't want a new engine, just a patched-up last gen game in HD. That's the impression I get from these and other forums.

That's fair enough if they are content with that, but a shame in my eyes.

I could hear you better if you weren't on that horse.

edit: Oh, and it's about playing the best game available, not settling for second best because of aesthetic features.

But that's just me, I'm a bit of a princess and I'll only accept the best so oh well.

Last edited:

Engines matter for games like Unreal Tournament, Half Life and the like. You don't need to re-write a game like Pro Evo every year to have a top class title, as, conveniently, Pro Evo has proved for the last decade.

Perhaps you never noticed slowdowns, removed graphical aspects, increasing use of more LODs in the PS2 versions, that's because the engine was ageing as demand for graphical enhancement and physical simulation grew.

Nobody is saying you have to re-write the engine every year, but what you do need to do is create a new engine to match new technology, there's a reason why there's now an Unreal 4 engine in the works, there's a reason why HL2 wasn't created on the HL1 engine.

I understand that your opinion is that Konami can do no wrong, that anyone who doubts or criticises Konami are always wrong, but you seem to forget that a lot of the people whose opinions you so readily dismiss have been involved and around Konami just as long as everyone else, you like to accuse people of making negative comments based on kneejerk reactions with no foundation of fact but most of us were here or around from ISS days on PS1, we've played and lived through all Konami's technology advances, we've played and suffered through all the Konami non-advances.

Badgerman I really respect you and your opinion (one of very few in those times... ;) )

I don't want PES to be re-written every year. But I'm demanding more from a PS3 game than PES has to offer. I'm still loving PES gamplay, but for some reason it feels wrong on the PS3. KONAMI was not able to transfer the "PES-magic" to the new consoles.

And it's sad to see for a long-term PES lover that other games evolve much faster (even into the right direction)

I could hear you better if you weren't on that horse.

edit: Oh, and it's about playing the best game available, not settling for second best because of aesthetic features.

But that's just me, I'm a bit of a princess and I'll only accept the best so oh well.

Hence why I'm playing FIFA 08 currently, and Konami football games for over a decade before that.

I don't see the need for continual sarcastic ridicule of anyone who has any constructive criticsim of PES, seeing as many of the people criticising are long-term PES fans like myself and only want the best for the series.

Perhaps you never noticed slowdowns, removed graphical aspects, increasing use of more LODs in the PS2 versions, that's because the engine was ageing as demand for graphical enhancement and physical simulation grew.

Nobody is saying you have to re-write the engine every year, but what you do need to do is create a new engine to match new technology, there's a reason why there's now an Unreal 4 engine in the works, there's a reason why HL2 wasn't created on the HL1 engine.

I understand that your opinion is that Konami can do no wrong, that anyone who doubts or criticises Konami are always wrong, but you seem to forget that a lot of the people whose opinions you so readily dismiss have been involved and around Konami just as long as everyone else, you like to accuse people of making negative comments based on kneejerk reactions with no foundation of fact but most of us were here or around from ISS days on PS1, we've played and lived through all Konami's technology advances, we've played and suffered through all the Konami non-advances.

And yet it's still the best game available to us.

Complaining about the engine right now is pretty much pointless. We don't know how it was built, what it's capable of or what Konami are doing to it. The general feeling here is that they took the PS2 engine and just upped the polygons, which is a tad tiresome to read over time but eh.

And yes, I do think Konami can do no wrong, a viewpoint I have expressed every time I mentioned bugs in PES2008 or the lack of modes but oh well sidetract train woop woop.

The problem is that there are people here that have a very interesting set of blinkers on that seem to be very selective in what they pick up. This leads to non-sensical ramblings (lammo) about successful games being dead and just woe times for all involved.

One interesting thing though is that PES2009 seems to be adding modes and taking the game in the right direction, yet it has faced endless criticism over belonging to a stagnating series, bound to go into meltdown before slowly turn into an anime RPG where you control a unicorn named Seabass.

Hence why I'm playing FIFA 08 currently, and Konami football games for over a decade before that.

I don't see the need for continual sarcastic ridicule of anyone who has any constructive criticsim of PES, seeing as many of the people criticising are long-term PES fans like myself and only want the best for the series.

That's all well and good but

Sadly, it seems like the PES hardcore don't want a new engine, just a patched-up last gen game in HD. That's the impression I get from these and other forums.

That's fair enough if they are content with that, but a shame in my eyes.

If you're going to act condescending then you're going to get some back, don't moan if someone picks up on it.

Last edited:

Someone having a dodgy connection is one. A dodgy console or a weak PC are 2 others. See, this game is easy and really doesn't add anything but that has long since stopped being the name of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom