PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (STRICTLY NO FIFA DEMO IMPRESSIONS)

I take it literally, it's the nail on the coffin for pes 2009 for me. Watching again those videos... they're simply terrible. Look at the collisions and ball physics (not to mention players that doesn't know where they have to be, specially in defense, totally unaware of the play).

It seems not only outdated, but simply bad. There's no way anyone can find this gameplay videos promising... Could someone tell me exactly what is this game doing good in terms of realism or gameplay judging by the videos? Don't start with the "feel" and "flow", please, some elaborated words are necessary. What do you think about:

- Animation
- Ball physics
- Passing & shooting scripts
- Movement off the ball
- Collisions
- Control scheme

ANIMATION: FIFA - lightyears ahead as said. Makes pes2009 look last gen. Konami really need to write that new engine for next year!
BALL PHYSICS: PES - for me the ball is far too floaty in FIFA. EA need to correct this and I'm sure they will at their current rate of evolution.
PASSING & SHOOTING SCRIPT: PES - one area I feel pro edges it without a doubt is the shooting, it feels more realistic - i.e. you can generate more power and you get that sensation that you are a professional footballer striking through the ball. With regard to passing FIFA has again improved this year but I still feel they need to improve the sharpness and crispness of the passing, although FIFA does offer more freedom. With improved response fIFA would edge this but currently I go PES!
MOVEMENT OFF THE BALL: FIFA - again fantastic this year. Add the animations and i think you are talking a generation leap of PES.
COLLISIONS: FIFA - see above.
CONTROL: FIFA - 2 reasons. More depth and the fact EA have allowe complete freedom over the control scheme. Configure it exactly to your personal taste. Fantastic.

Thats my 2 cents in response for what its worth!

one more category....

NETS: FIFA by a mile!! white blocks!!??!!

simple fact is, some people cannot see it or maybe accept how bad konami have pushed their beloved title

i wont patronize the people who still defend them by saying i feel sorry for you for remaining so loyal while the pes titles have slipped and never gained any progress for a long time, i will say this to the people who still defend them and give them your hard earned money, when the evidence is so obvious

no i do not feel sorry for you, i actually pity you

i am sorry if anyone takes that personal, but i was once a big pes fan, but i could see where konami were headed when they only made slight changes each year and us as fans accepted because there wasn't anything else decent to play. i won't accept it no more, i shouldn't have to defend a company for producing crap, why should you

there is a new kid on the block, who you may not like, but he certainly can kick the ball about, is damn good looking, has alot of money so has plenty of options for him and his mates, has smart ish clothes - all he wants to do is play football as real life as he can

why don't you?

accept him and be his friend

ok that probably made no sense whatsoever, but defending a title that is years behind kind of goes hand in hand

:DD

I take it literally, it's the nail on the coffin for pes 2009 for me. Watching again those videos... they're simply terrible. Look at the collisions and ball physics (not to mention players that doesn't know where they have to be, specially in defense, totally unaware of the play).

It seems not only outdated, but simply bad. There's no way anyone can find this gameplay videos promising... Could someone tell me exactly what is this game doing good in terms of realism or gameplay judging by the videos? Don't start with the "feel" and "flow", please, some elaborated words are necessary. What do you think about:

- Animation
- Ball physics
- Passing & shooting scripts
- Movement off the ball
- Collisions
- Control scheme

The robotic animations are woeful and that's being kind.

I really cant see how people who want a football game as close to real life as possible can chose that over fifa.

It is night and day the difference between the two games.

All talking about how bad or good it is, but at least nearly NOBODOY has played PES 2009 itself. (except on the GC)
So lets wait for the demo version. Well i can´t justice or make a review just from videos. I need to test it for myself.

(Some goals seems to easy for me in the videos, but i don´t know which star or anything else was set... so i just wait and as above mentioned, for the demo.)

Everybody is complaining about animations: yes they look shit, but everybody already knew it. You can't change them in 1-2 months.

Ball physics looks spot on, as the shooting and the pace.

By the way. THe IGN videos showing only CPU scored goals against humans.

The IGN guys weren't able to score a goal. Shame on them..

that luis fabiano goal is terrible...1 star of dificulty maybe? serie a licences yeeeeeeeeee, jose mourinho and quaresma eheheheh il pick inter in 4 3 3.

if it is one star then it is a good sign , why does it look terrible , it would look terrible if the com conceded that goal but a human player concedes that goal and that shows the a.i. are more direct than last year , cuz it was more poor defending by the player than a computer cocking up.

Robinho looks amazing in that little pre-match bit. That's one thing Konami has always done bloody well. Player likenesses are top drawer on the whole

Robinho looks amazing in that little pre-match bit. That's one thing Konami has always done bloody well. Player likenesses are top drawer on the whole

That's one thing at least I can gather from the vids...that you know right away who has the ball (which in FIFA, at least in the demo, there doesn't seem to be much difference b/w player A & player B). Regarding gameplay; until there is a demo/final release not much to comment on.

This page is terrible.

ok that probably made no sense whatsoever, but defending a title that is years behind kind of goes hand in hand

Aye, thanks for meeting our quota of horseshit for the day in one post.

Fifa is improving but it's not better, here's a highly scientifical graph.

hsgzr6.png

I guess you could extrapolate it but after the good things we've heard from 2009, problems withstanding, it might be a bit premature.

I really cant see how people who want a football game as close to real life as possible can chose that over fifa.

It is night and day the difference between the two games.

Apparently the animations in Fifa overdo it and make the game feel a bit unresponsive. Apart from that I'd say that Fifa certainly looks the part, it' just a shame that it doesn't play as good as it looks.

That graph is wrong mate how on earth can you say the quality is rising after lasts years efforts and this years looking at the videos.

The axis are not filled with intricate details precisely so I do not have to defend it.

Oh sorry I though that diagram was the turning axis of the PES players animations.

The graph isn't up to date, the red line should have a dip at the end (PES 2008)

I'd hire Badgerman's consulting services any day.

Long time no see those magic MS Paint drawings, hey? :lol:

But yes, I completely second that feeling and that opinion.

I'm glad that there has been a scientifical study to prove it.

Hell yes.

That graph was pretty much bait to try and fix the terribleness that was page 148.

Thank you my beloved homies
coolrk3.gif

Statistics can be used to prove anything Kent, 14% of all people know that.

you sir, have made my previous post very relevant, so i thankyou for that

:LOL:
This page is terrible.

Aye, thanks for meeting our quota of horseshit for the day in one post.

Fifa is improving but it's not better, here's a highly scientifical graph.

hsgzr6.png

I guess you could extrapolate it but after the good things we've heard from 2009, problems withstanding, it might be a bit premature.

Apparently the animations in Fifa overdo it and make the game feel a bit unresponsive. Apart from that I'd say that Fifa certainly looks the part, it' just a shame that it doesn't play as good as it looks.

Last edited:

I don´t understand how someone can like those pes 2009 videos... the animations are the same, the player movements all the same, the game looks like a refined pes 2008, and we don´t want a refined pes 2008, we want a new quality game, because pes 2008 was a disaster. The defensive players still dumb leaving much space for the attackers.

This game doesnt feel real... If someone really likes football, I dont understand how it´s possible to ignore fifa 09. Real Animations, real football, you need to pass the ball a lot to build your attacks, you need to think, you need to change your tactics (this year fifa´s tactics are the most complete ever with 140 options...)

That´s just my opinion. Konami stills making money with the name of their classic. No improvements, no real football. We´re not on PS2 anymore, now we´re on next gen, so a full next gen game is needed.

My 2 cents.

Interesting graph BM.

I've since found the advanced version :

hsgzr6do4.png

Revised ;-)

hsg3xs9.jpg

All of my pictures are copyrighted.

I have also patented MSPaint. Never use it again.

Have a look at those IGN videos. It looks awful. Discuss.

Ah yes.

I here Fifa has licenses as well! Infact, I think it also has all of my favourite bands providing music! Let's not bother with what this small Japanese company is doing, after all, what do they know about football?

Fifa looked the bees knees until the demo, where people were a bit miffed. But I guess it's natural that Fifa falling below expectations kinda buggers up your argument a bit, so all the best in trying to take PES down even though it's shaping up to be a shitload better than we could have hoped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom