PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (STRICTLY NO FIFA DEMO IMPRESSIONS)

can't wait for the game to arrive at my house next month am gonna lick the case!

This thread as usual has lost all focus on PES and become a PES V FIFA thread. I just hope Konami are developing a new engine for 2010.

I for one think it's all been said now.

Some like FIFA, some like PES, at the end of the day, we've all seen the videos and have posted our opinions.

All we can do is wait until the 17th of October to see if Konami can redeem themselves.

I can see this thread getting locked pretty soon. 150 pages is a good debate, no need to go over and over and over all the same arguments again and again and again..............

But yeah, to claim PES' gameplay excels now, based on videos is a tad absurd.

Pro Evo has been about gameplay for more than a decade, if you're going to dipute that then all the best mate.

I feckin cant stand the gardening gloves!!!! FFS

This thread as usual has lost all focus on PES and become a PES V FIFA thread. I just hope Konami are developing a new engine for 2010.
i think given we only have a few Vid's to discuss and FIFA have a demo out it's bound to keep going that way, roll on Demo and even better release...

They just drive me nuts!!!! I mean, you can blame Konami for a lot of faults, but the gloves are so over the top its untrue...

all i see in that picture is PERFECT FACES, great boots, great kits...
i could careless about the mickey mouse gloves...its weird but it doesnt bother me at all.

also to mention is the improved player models and shirt models..amazing.

People, try to keep this "PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours" thread from descending to PES v FIFA.

I know we don't have the PES demo yet but I'd rather we keep this place neat 'n' tidy and just discuss PES.

Thank you.

all i see in that picture is PERFECT FACES, great boots, great kits...
i could careless about the mickey mouse gloves...its weird but it doesnt bother me at all.

also to mention is the improved player models and shirt models..amazing.

I agree, it looks great and aslong as i can reproduce the kits for the unlicenced teams then I'll be happy.

I agree, it looks great and aslong as i can reproduce the kits for the unlicenced teams then I'll be happy.

i hope that will be possible ..
im settle though as ill be playing the pc version..i jsut cant live without kitserver anymore...

one thing i hope is that the kit template is the same as of pes2008, and it looks like it is too me.

Agreed, and to say the PES series has improved is a joke as well. If we're talking about the improvements on each previous title from PES3-PES08.

PES3 - Very good improvement on PES2
PES4 - Down the arcade route, not an improvement
PES5 - Back to being a bit realistic, a decent improvement. The best in the series.
PES6 - Disapointing, more arcadey than 5 with generally worse gameplay, not an improvement. 2v2 online made up for this slightly. The 360 version was woeful.
PES 08 - Need I say anything about it?

No new features in the series at all unless you count online 2v2 in PES6 (which was removed) and the International Challenge in PES6 (which was again removed I think).

IMO the last great PES game was PES3 everything that came after that was absolute dross.
PES4- was frustrating because of player's horrendus first touch every time you passed to one of your players they would turn around and the ball would bounce off their toe.
and it was the start of the inclusion of stupid things like animal heads and animal costumes.
PES5- was decent as defences were tougher to break down but the game was runied by the fact that the referees would award teams free kicks for nothing challenges and they also dished out the cards like it was christmas.
PES6 - Super Players why is Adriano able to score from the half way line on his weaker foot?
PES2008 - The pace of the game resembled the effect of watching a match that's being fast forwarded.
And this was also when konami introduced refereeing inconsistencies like the annoying last man challenge where you would turn defences inside out but one of the oppposition players would just run into you from behind knocking you over with no free kick or penalty being awarded yet if you
go back to PES2 you will notice that these same kinds of challenges would be punished.
and if you slightly used the pressure challenge the referre would give the opposition a free kick.
slide tackles were now virtually useless as you could be booked for winning the ball!!!! isn't this what your supposed to do in real-football?
but the fun dosen't stop there as there is the shoddy ball physics that seemed to favour the ai.
here's a classic example:
when you tackle the CPU the ball ricochets off their shins yet they still end up with ball and
when you try head the ball away from your goal it bounces off another CPU player then
the ball unrealisticly bounces infront of them 4-5 times before they score.
god mode was a complete nightmare, for who anyone who hasn't heard of god mode it's when teams suddenly start playing beautiful football by passing the ball around and playing crisp counter attacking football, whilst being unchallengeable yes they were now also blessed with the ability to run through your defence like the flash from DC comics.
and last nut by no means least there there was also the long existing problem from the ISS games where you couldn't control your players because the computer decided to do things for you. Which isn't just a problem in Master League it's also a problem in other games modes aswell.

As a long time fan of the series i just hope that PES 2009 is a a better game than the last iterations, because i came this close to giving up on the series last night, that was until i
played PES2 and PES3 as i was quickly reminded about what made me love the series in the first place.

I am also looking forward to a proper training mode, where you can practice set plays and various moves.

This is a big thing for me so its one of them huge + points to add to he other improvements.

Youtube version of the 4 new IGN videos:

YouTube - PES 2009 Gameplay videos from IGN.

Sorry but it looks like 2008 with small differences around the ad-boards, ball loop after a goal and better kit shading.

It doesn't look that much slower at all
The same annoying miscontrol with extra pace at 2:46
same patterns of play
and the audio, the ball sounds like its a rock, the crowd sound like they are in the next village and champion uses the same cliche's he does every year, if I hear how their manager is a workaholic again...arggh!!

I can only hope and prey the playing is better than the watching..

why o why does every keeper in pes wear short sleeves?? 90% of keepers in real football wear long sleeves:brick:

3086803360-soccer-uefa-champions-league-group-d-celtic-v-benfica-celtic.jpg
iker-casillas4.jpg
p1_buffon_1026.jpg

Carragher looks like he's squatting down to drop a chocolate log!

Sorry but it looks like 2008 with small differences around the ad-boards, ball loop after a goal and better kit shading.

It doesn't look that much slower at all
The same annoying miscontrol with extra pace at 2:46
same patterns of play
and the audio, the ball sounds like its a rock, the crowd sound like they are in the next village and champion uses the same cliche's he does every year, if I hear how their manager is a workaholic again...arggh!!

I can only hope and prey the playing is better than the watching..

so easy to score goals, welcome pes2008

I'd love to know how we are going to integrate our favourite chants into the game and where the feck you get the authentic chants from???

Did i also hear that you can select the region for the crowd effects??

I also get the impression that PES editing with option files etc is far more geared toward the PS3 than the 360!! so I think us 360 owners are gunna need some serious coaching.

editing thoughts welcome:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom