PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (STRICTLY NO FIFA DEMO IMPRESSIONS)

Thomas, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but the licensing bit in the official site you just pointed out is a bit different:

“adidas”, the 3-Bars logo and the 3-Stripe trade mark are registered trade marks of the adidas Group, used with permission. Teamgeist is a trade mark of the adidas Group, used with permission. the use of real player names and likenesses is authorised by FIFPro and its member associations. Officially licensed by Asociación del Fútbol Argentino Officially licensed by Czech National Football Association Officially licensed by CFF © The Football Association Ltd 2007. The FA Crest and FA England Crest are official trade marks of The Football Association Limited and are the subject of extensive trade mark registrations worldwide. copyright FFF © 1996 JFA Officially licensed by FIGC and AIC © 2001 Korea Football Association Special thanks to SEJIN, MUKTA, Eunho, Denis for Korea National Team data All copyrights and trademarks are KNVB respectively Team Holland property and are used under license. Licensed by OLIVEDESPORTOS (Official Agent of the FPF) Producto oficial licenciado RFEF © 2002 Ligue de Football Professionnel ® Officially licensed by Eredivisie CV © & TM 2008 Liverpool Football Club & Athletic Grounds Ltd Official Licensed Product of A.C. Milan Manchester United crest and imagery © MU Ltd Official product manufactured and distributed by Konami Digital Entertainment under licence granted by Soccer s.a.s. di Brand Management S.r.l. Wembley, Wembley Stadium and the Arch device are official trade marks of Wembley National Stadium Limited and are subject to extensive trade mark registrations. All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are used under license. ©2008 Konami Digital Entertainment

I don't see anything related to Serie A nor La Liga yet.

What I do see, though, is "AC Milan Official product"? :|

Anyone care to hint at why is this? Does anyone want to suggest that the licensing bit is incomplete, since there is no mention to any Spanish team nor UEFA Champions League whatsoever?

Sure hope so.

I'm hinting at this is the website where the demo will be made available to download. No update on the PES myspace page asides from the release date.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

They're always a bit patchy with the bit at the bottom, that's why they always throw this in.

"All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are used under license"

You guys remember ISS Pro Evo 2 for PSX? Now THAT was a great game.

I think it's really time for Konami to start one from the ground up. It's annoying when we see the same "quirks" appear year after year.

Just read about 5 pages from which most the discussion was about those 4 video's played on a low level. Makes it easy to be negative right? ;)
Have fun!

Thomas, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but the licensing bit in the official site you just pointed out is a bit different:

I don't see anything related to Serie A nor La Liga yet.

What I do see, though, is "AC Milan Official product"? :|

Anyone care to hint at why is this? Does anyone want to suggest that the licensing bit is incomplete, since there is no mention to any Spanish team nor UEFA Champions League whatsoever?

Sure hope so.

I'm hinting at this is the website where the demo will be made available to download. No update on the PES myspace page asides from the release date.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares
You can see AC Milan licence in alot of PES/WE
on PES2008 by exemple = http://www.konami.co.jp/en/siteinfo/license.html
i think it's for San Siro, but i don't know why Konami don't put Serie A on this licences list.

Last edited:

Just read about 5 pages from which most the discussion was about those 4 video's played on a low level. Makes it easy to be negative right? ;)
Have fun!

Except for the fact it's not the "low level" aspect most people have commented about.......

You know what I hate... and I'm wondering if this has ever been fixed.

When your player is separated from the ball a little too much btu the game still think that the player has control of the ball so if you try to switch to a player that is now closer to the ball it won't let you... anyone know what I"m referring to?

so all the best in trying to take PES down even though it's shaping up to be a shitload better than we could have hoped.

HOW!? How!? and How again!?

Really I don't get you at all. You'd defend the Pro Evo series to the death wouldn't you?

I don't understand how anyone can see something in a game where no one else can and I mean, No one.

I'm gonna resist calling you a fanboy because that'll just damage me more than you, but seriously you're a matter of complete confusion for me.

The Japanese mag said that a few CL teams aren't in game. I guess it's the ones that weren't expected to make it, like Aalborg, Cluj, Anorthosis & BATE. I don't expect they'll make it into the final game either.

Also, I'm still not convinced about Serie A.

italian.png

;)

Last edited:

Really I don't get you at all. You'd defend the Pro Evo series to the death wouldn't you?

I don't understand how anyone can see something in a game where no one else can and I mean, No one.

I'm gonna resist calling you a fanboy because that'll just damage me more than you, but seriously you're a matter of complete confusion for me.

well , im sorry but i agree with badgerman, im very excited about this new PES...and im sure there are a lot more people that thinks like us.

well , im sorry but i agree with badgerman, im very excited about this new PES...and im sure there are a lot more people that thinks like us.
i am one of those..

i think this will be the best PES EVER!

This game could have easily been the end of Pro Evo, yet from people who've played the game have said that the game is back where it should be.

If you are looking at the game and saying to yourself "I don't like those animations, this game's shit" then fair play, but the problem is that you cannot get your own preconceptions of the game out of your head, even when confronted with positive views from folks have played the game. You don't seem to be able to fathom that 2009 isn't 2009, which is kind of funny considering you were going down the fanboy route.

Christ folks this is beyond easy.

edit: Badgerman and his posse representin woooooord

Last edited:

+1

But I also know all the flaws that have the game. But what we can do anyway? If I enjoy the game it is ok I guess, even knowing that the game can be better. But it is like take it or leave it... so everybody have to make a choice.

The Japanese mag said that a few CL teams aren't in game. I guess it's the ones that weren't expected to make it, like Aalborg, Cluj, Anorthosis & BATE. I don't expect they'll make it into the final game either.

Also, I'm still not convinced about Serie A.

italian.png

;)

where you find this logo ?

it has a UEFA Champions League logo written "Official Licensed Product"

on the top right of the image :D

unrelastic game !! what the hell with that freak dribble and how the players runs thats unacceptible we are in 2009 and konami sitll makeing the same Sh*t every year ,,

Fishing net in the splorg flarm norkami in the goal net i kicked the ball and FLIGGET FLARGNET in the jibab and i sent them a snark but they,, i think they ganarbled when i,, i fubb,, i was on the yutapib and they say hay and huggg. why no gettar when i say yip yiff in the gnar severalteen decabes of ovalteen in backseat geflab was untabbed when museing on the porch round my front wheel back and the telemvisions was gone mothering the shows and the feb feb feb feb,, feblarn,,,

World Soccer is my favourite poster.

\/ Don't delete posts.

Last edited:

Fishing net in the splorg flarm norkami in the goal net i kicked the ball and FLIGGET FLARGNET in the jibab and i sent them a snark but they,, i think they ganarbled when i,, i fubb,, i was on the yutapib and they say hay and huggg. why no gettar when i say yip yiff in the gnar severalteen decabes of ovalteen in backseat geflab was untabbed when museing on the porch round my front wheel back and the telemvisions was gone mothering the shows and the feb feb feb feb,, feblarn,,,

World Soccer is my favourite poster.
Just slightly OTT there, I can understand what he's saying perfectly well. I think he might take your post as having a go at his English rather than disagreeing with his opinion, which isn't very nice.

Hm, looking at the videos again, there are a few worrisome gameplay issues, but also a few promising ones.

The worst are:

- defenders that can easily intercept let the ball go by
- defenders that don't cover the space when they haven't got a man O(tighten options)
- men that don't move off the ball to receive (not a major issue when playing 2 vs 2 or 2 vs COM, also controlling ballhandler only when u change into him might go a long way to fixing this)
- defenders that don't shove, push, block open shots
- keepers who seem to be swiss cheese

That being said, I think these are tweaks which can easily be fixed in the month or so remaining and since the demos were issued to gaming mags. The most important things are speed of the game which seems right, ball physics and weight which looks good and shooting, passing, ebb and flow of the game which remind me of ultra fun PES3 or even the buggy but playable PES5.

Have fun!

Sorry mate but the keepers have always been better than on those vids even on low levels.

Hm, looking at the videos again, there are a few worrisome gameplay issues, but also a few promising ones.

The worst are:

- defenders that can easily intercept let the ball go by
- defenders that don't cover the space when they haven't got a man O(tighten options)
- men that don't move off the ball to receive (not a major issue when playing 2 vs 2 or 2 vs COM, also controlling ballhandler only when u change into him might go a long way to fixing this)
- defenders that don't shove, push, block open shots
- keepers who seem to be swiss cheese

That being said, I think these are tweaks which can easily be fixed in the month or so remaining and since the demos were issued to gaming mags. The most important things are speed of the game which seems right, ball physics and weight which looks good and shooting, passing, ebb and flow of the game which remind me of ultra fun PES3 or even the buggy but playable PES5.

Don't worry about the defenders in these vids. Defenders ALWAYS stand off on easy levels, and it's obvious that these vids are on easy level. Just the keepers are worrying me at the moment...you might have noticed as i keep going on about them.....:LOL:

- men that don't move off the ball to receive (not a major issue when playing 2 vs 2 or 2 vs COM, .

This has been a weak point of PES for a long time.
The AI in PES for off-the-ball isn't very good.
When I mean "off-the-ball", I mean players making space, and using those spaces.
A very good example that has great A.I, is Football Kingdom from Namco.
The gameplay is very arcade-ish, but the A.I is really incredible.
How all the NPC's move. Even if the "motion" and "gameplay" is arcade-ish,
the A.I in that game, makes the game look like real soccer (football).

I really hope Konami has improved the A.I in this game.
Because for a soccer game, the A.I. is one of the really valuable assets of the game.
Even if the graphics,motions and license are perfect,
the A.I being so horrible will ruin it all.

I'm really looking forward to the demo.

Hope that the PS3 version is equal or better then the 360, but i'm afraid same happens as with fifa.

Don't worry about the defenders in these vids. Defenders ALWAYS stand off on easy levels, and it's obvious that these vids are on easy level. Just the keepers are worrying me at the moment...you might have noticed as i keep going on about them.....:LOL:

All the goals were from the CPU in those vids which makes it hard to believe the low level excuse.
The people playing might have been shit but the CPU tried too hard for it to be on a low level.
Also the supposedly low level it was on wouldn't account for the poor defensive AI on the players team.

Man that preview from pesfanboysite is a joke.

"The ball doesn't gravitate to a player's feet and contains some of the most realistic physics for ball movement. Speaking of physics, player motions are some of the best to be seen in the series. They're incredibly lifelike, making such visuals as dribbling fun to watch (and fun to control); bone-cracking tackles can look pretty sick both in a good (realistic) and a bad (makes you pity the player) way."

The animation is incredible life like? There is no difference from the PS2 version for fuck sake! It looks nothing like real life, it's robotic... The game can still be good with these animations but why lie like this? Anyone can compare the animations in FIFA 09 and PES 09 and see that PES does not have the most realistic animations ever... Can't trust anything they write after reading that line.

Edit: Reading about the tackles as well makes you wonder if they reviewed FIFA 09 and pretended it to be PES...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom