PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (STRICTLY NO FIFA DEMO IMPRESSIONS)

i like the pace of the game..i was just playing pes2008 and this looks a lot better

finnaly i c an untucked shirt! ;)

Last edited:

I don't like the fact that we see really easy goals, like defenders should have an advantage, put players off passes, force bad decisions and mark players off the ball thus limiting options, also, when there is a shooting opportunity, they should friggin well dive in and block, deflect, put players off their shots and keepers should tighten angles more often than not.

If IGN and the boys there actually understood football, they'd give us more near misses, more deflections, great passing moves broken down by good defense etc. (provided PES2009 really is a difficult game to master, and judging by the clips, it seems whoever is playing defense can't play for shit, or alternatively, the game has a huge easy goal bug which I don't believe)

does that make sense? If i was making the vids, I'd put in all the near misses and good defensive work, this is a major gripe about last years version where scripted runs pass 3 defenders and super shots go in due to usless keepers and easy access for a shot on net.

Been playing PES5, and the sheer joy of building attacks, breaking defenses down and probing for an opening against well positioned defenders has me coming back for more everytime, a goal is actually an achievment...this looks as close to that represenation as I've seen, so I'm overall pleased with the vids.

I don't like the fact that we see really easy goals, like defenders should have an advantage, put players off passes, force bad decisions and mark players off the ball thus limiting options, also, when there is a shooting opportunity, they should friggin well dive in and block, deflect, put players off their shots and keepers should tighten angles more often than not.

If IGN and the boys there actually understood football, they'd give us more near misses, more deflections, great passing moves broken down by good defense etc. (provided PES2009 really is a difficult game to master, and judging by the clips, it seems whoever is playing defense can't play for shit, or alternatively, the game has a huge easy goal bug which I don't believe)

i think u have to consider that those goals were scored by the AI agaisnt an user and we dont know the level of that user or if he was just showcasing the game not playing with focus on...

Also the videos dont show a full macth, so we cant know for sure how the macth actually was, if it was a goal fest, or a tight encounter with those goals been the only shots on goals for instance...

imo opinion its really hard and unfair to analize the ponits u brought up about the game by videos like those or evan full macth videos since we dont know a lot of info on how the game is beeing played at that moment...the only way to analyze what u saying imo is to play the game by your self...

just my 2 cents.

Too true the only thing that could tell how a game feels is the actual game or demo. So far I haven't seen those runs that the defense made on PES2008, whereby 3 defenders leave their markers to close down the ball carrier. This is a good thing.

The videos show a slower pace and man... the graphics are miles away from PES2008. Unfortunately, that was the X360 version, I hope PS3 has the same quality... those videos are really good, no slowdown at all... very very good.

gameplay does look better. anyways, how come PES testers play so horrile lol

does that make sense? If i was making the vids, I'd put in all the near misses and good defensive work, this is a major gripe about last years version where scripted runs pass 3 defenders and super shots go in due to usless keepers and easy access for a shot on net.

Been playing PES5, and the sheer joy of building attacks, breaking defenses down and probing for an opening against well positioned defenders has me coming back for more everytime, a goal is actually an achievment...this looks as close to that represenation as I've seen, so I'm overall pleased with the vids.

I agree.....i've only seen videos showing goals with TERRIBLE keepers. I'd like to see some saves and better defence.

you know afer viewing those vids, I really hope konami implement individual player likeness in running styles. I want robinho, c. ronaldo, kaka, ronaldinho etc..to have their own specific running styles. I want to be able to recognize not only who is on the ball by how he looks and feel, but also how he accelerates and runs. Every player in real life have their own unique running style. Hopefully this will be included in the future.

Sorry but one of the best things in PES (since PSone) has always been players likeness...I always recognized them also in wide camera style, so I don't thing this is the most important issue to be fixed (IMHO)...Even if I wonder my self when does Konami understand Perrotta has got WHITE boots, the same of Luca Toni :DOH:...Anyway we simply may fix it in the edit menu...

Animations in changing directions, turn, many movements are so sharp not real! Are terrible. Is this doing a one year from Konami? Where are next gen animations? What are those movements Buggy? I do not understand , how so in PES 6 succeed to do so realistic animation, movement and now they have more opportunities, resources next gen are so weak? :DOH: :censor:

Early build. Lots of things aren't put in until the last minute, commentary being one of them.

They'll still be working on programming the commentary triggers to fit new commentary I should imagine.

I hope they put some Goalkeepers in at the last minute. :))

Animations in changing directions, turn, many movements are so sharp not real! Are terrible. Is this doing a one year from Konami? Where are next gen animations? What are those movements Buggy? I do not understand , how so in PES 6 succeed to do so realistic animation, movement and now they have more opportunities, resources next gen are so weak? :DOH: :censor:

Reminds me of ISS :((

iss2+3 on ps2 and gamecube and xbox...

very arcadey and robotic...

I don't know why, but in some vids i've seen, the ball movement and player animations look better......and in others, it looks like PES2008 with the skating players and concrete ball.

some of the player movement looked robotic,
if anyone is gonna make a OF, please change the running animation of any player that runs like a stick (lol thats a lot of work)
And there is no damage of the pitch/grass when a tackle is made,but thats ofcourse to good to be true.

Serie A confirmation for PES2009 and WE2009

legakw8.jpg

http://www.lega-calcio.it/

Yeah !!! I don´t play with the teams of the Serie A, but it´s good news anyway :)

Don't you ever do random? Thats all my mates ever do. 5 Randoms and then pick your best team and then for the next match we pick a classic team.

Don't you ever do random? Thats all my mates ever do. 5 Randoms and then pick your best team and then for the next match we pick a classic team.

No, we always play a tournament and the last two of us 4 have to change their team. We do this with club teams or national teams.

Mhh i´ve the fear that scoring is such easy like in the PES2008. Me and my friends has mostly ice hockey results.
But at least lets wait for the demo and the final game.

Running on both titles still looks odd though until we get full 360 movement which by all accounts is a long way off it will always look rigid and odd... Oh and you have to love those sand bags!

any chance the demo will be released tomorrow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom