PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

:whistle:

no no i can't speak, i can't speak

12891827_m.gif

I'm satisfied with just 16 boots but what happened to the RBK boots? Looks wise they are ugly but the more the merrier.

As long as they have every color possible on boots i dont give a shit if there was a boot edited

Reddevil i completely agreee. or even just be able to change the colour scheme of the boot.

From WENB...

Finally!

Great news for me and Suff, and of course the fans of this blog. We’ve finally managed to commit the guys over at Konami UK to a set date to playtest PES 2009 - Monday August 18th! It’s pleasing that we will be able to play the game a few days before Leipzig, and also the fact we’ll be able to spend all day with it too.

Another BIG bonus is that Konami will allow us to talk about the gameplay! So expect a huge podcast Monday evening. Unfortunately no videos will be allowed though, but it wont be a huge loss seeing as Leipzig hits a few days later.

So a huge thanks to our friends in Konami UK for sorting this out, especially when they are extremely busy sorting out Leipzig! So, until next week! ;)

All they're going to come back with is a review saying how fantastic it was... I wouldn't take any notice of it, i'd wait until you play the game yourself to make your mind up.

When you have contacts like that with Konami, everything you say about their game would have to be positive really.

I'm not too sure, those guys wouldn't want to lose credibility this time around. I'm sure their much more careful this time around, plus they had a chance to play FIFA first hand. It'll be interesting to hear from them, how the game compares to PES08 and FIFA09.

All they're going to come back with is a review saying how fantastic it was... I wouldn't take any notice of it, i'd wait until you play the game yourself to make your mind up When you have contacts like that with Konami, everything you say about their game would have to be positive really.

Yes you will have to make your own mind up but I dont think its fair to say that they are completely bias.

Seems like quite a subjective bunch over there and I think they will give an honest opinion of the quality to expect.

Well, Konami wouldn't be very happy if they told everyone it was terrible and to avoid it all all costs, and that FIFA is the better game... They want to be doing the same thing next year, so they will try to keep Konami happy by trying to convince people to get PES, that's what I think they will do anyway, it seemed that way last year...

yeah, there's gonna be 'conflict of interest' written all over the upcoming reviews.

The thing is it took time(from the Demo) to realize how bad PES2008 was last year, and we weren't expecting a bad game from KONAMI at the time.
This year at least, they can compare it to PES2008.
They've already managed to piss KONAMI off with the leaks so I don't think they're too worried about giving opinions on the game honestly.

Adam said on podcast he not going to hold back if it crap he will say simple as there not afraid to criticise the game they already have this year with trailer. (Konami wasnt happy but they managed to discuss)

This was also evident last year when they was at Leipzig clearly not happy.

So i think your going to get honest opinion but if they cant show videos it will be word until we see it for ourself at Leipzig then can gather our own opinions.

All they're going to come back with is a review saying how fantastic it was... I wouldn't take any notice of it, i'd wait until you play the game yourself to make your mind up.

When you have contacts like that with Konami, everything you say about their game would have to be positive really.

Have you really not heard their podcasts recently? Do you not know Adam's thoughts on the trailer? Do you not know Suff is admiring Fifa 09?

Well, Konami wouldn't be very happy if they told everyone it was terrible and to avoid it all all costs, and that FIFA is the better game... They want to be doing the same thing next year, so they will try to keep Konami happy by trying to convince people to get PES, that's what I think they will do anyway, it seemed that way last year...
Get over last year. Listen to their podcasts THIS year. They do not work for Konami.

Last edited:

I remember last year, when they went to Leipzig, Suff said his first reaction was that he wanted to go home. It's not as if the Chinese government is running their site so stop making shit up, seriously.

fair point,il scratch your back and you scratch mine:COOL:

Tbh I listened to the fifa podcast today and Adam was critical enough about Fifa to give an honest balanced review of the demo he played. And also very critical of Konami in it aswell, something along the lines of "...it will be pes12 by the time Konami reach the stage EA are at NOW and imagine how good fifa could be by that time..." (with regards to a true nextgen engine).

The only thing I worry about is that its more down to the publishers (Konami/EA) and how they look at those comments. I really get the impression that EA are actually pleased with critical comments from both fans and non fans of FIFA so they can improve and improve their game. Im really not sure Konami is so open minded. Although with Konami UK organising it that is somewhat less. I seem to remember getting reports of them being pissed off with pes2008/Konami Japan aswell last year. So maybe they don't mind the more critical press getting back to Japan.

Either way, any earlier info released before Liepzig is welcome. Its getting exciting with all the new info coming out, for both games.

Last edited:

end of the day, if you ran a winning eleven blog and konami let you have a sneek peek of the game, and like someone said above, you want this to continue. Then WENB wont give pes a bad review if it was awful. They just wont, and neither would many people if they wanted to the site to grow.

IMO WENB is only useful for news, not for opinions/reviews not one bit. The minute that the WENB team wanted inside info and playtests, they almost become salesmen for pes2009. I dont want it to sound like im having a go, I completely understand why they would do this.. They do a fantastic job of reporting pes news.

Just like if there was a This is Football blog trying to expand, they wouldnt bad mouth the game either

I remember last year, when they went to Leipzig, Suff said his first reaction was that he wanted to go home. It's not as if the Chinese government is running their site so stop making shit up, seriously.

Exactly. Everyone keeps on going about how bias they are but thats not completely true. They are the ones who own Fifa Soccer Blog. Suffwan went to Vancouver to play FIFA 09 and was hugely impressed. Also Adam's views on the PES 2009 trailer weren't all sunshine and rainbows. Just because they get playtests from Konami or EA does not mean they are tied to either company and cant say anything bad towards them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom