PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

I agree with you that in my example the word 'animations' was wrong. It should be 'the way players look', so seperate from the moving itself.
The rest of my text stays the same and than it is like I wanted it to say.
That is also relevant. Just think how new screenshots are put under the microscope. You cannot read animations from it; only how things look.
I think that is wrong. ISS proved that the way players look is not important, although it is a big plus if they look great :)

Last edited:

I agree with you that in my example the word 'animations' was wrong. It should be 'the way players look', so seperate from the moving itself.
The rest of my text stays the same and than it is like I wanted it to say.
That is also relevant. Just think how new screenshots are put under the microscope. You cannot read animations from it; only how things look.
I think that is wrong. ISS proved that the way players look is not important, although it is a big plus if they look great :)

Yeah, I agree. I would rather play with ugly graphics if the way the players move and such is awesome and realistic.

I do hope that PES2009 will be awesome. I am looking forward to FIFA09 much more, but rather 2 good games than 1. And I am hopeing that the reports of improved PES gameplay is true. Though if it's the same people who use "fluid" as a descriptor... ;)
Also I am worried that the PES team in part seem to really have no clue at times. I am not trying to be mean or anything, but when you see some of the animations they felt were good enough to include in the game... hmmm. I am not sure what they are trying to achieve. Are they trying to recreate soccer, or are they just trying to make a fun game? When you look at the trailer and the goalkeeper save attempt when the header hits the bar, I wonder why that animation is still in there. It is played in fast-forward. I would just like to ask them if they:

A. Haven't noticed
B. Don't know how to fix it easily
C. Don't care
D: All of the above

Because things like that make or break a game for me. Unfortunately, I wish I could overlook it but...

I've just got a feeling that pes will be back to its former glory this year.

All the reports are nothing but +ve regarding core gameplay and online.It may well not be as animated and glossy as fifa but it sure will bring back that raw emotion that fifa seems to lack.

i dunno wht it is about fifa, it looks great, you get excited about it and then after 2-3 months it just has very little to offer.The response and floating ball, av camera angles and shit cut scenes make it feel like your not controlling whats going on.

Pes has the opposite efect without the gloss but with all the feeling and that is how it some how differentiates it as a game.

Give me updated graphics, give me smooth gameplay and silky online but dont fuck too much with that special feeling its given me since PES3.

**OFF TOPIC** IMO
PS.The olympic games in China are an absolute disgrace, to think that some families have had thier homes flattened without compensation or re-housing, for the sake of sport is vile

Speaking of animations, have you guys seen or played any 2k sports games? Their animations are the best out there, IMO. Just look at Topspin3, pure simulation. Why don't they come up with a footy game, I reckon it will be good.

:

You clearly didn't see Prizefighter in motion :sick:

The animations look a bit rigid but everything I've read has said that the game has yet to go through numerous graphical polishes, so who knows?

Last edited:

You clearly didn't see Prizefighter in motion :sick:

Well, it does say DON KING in the title of the game. Being ripped off is part of the simulation too lol.

I didn't know about it really, but I've seen more potential in their games to be let down by only one bad game which is the same case with Konami. They gave us so many great games, they're entitled to make some mistakes in the process.

^^exactly. Badger has mentioned this too, the fact that Konami have had the better football game for years (and still has) but just released one that is not as complete as previous iterations and they are considered failures and doomed for the bargain bin....dadadadaaaa(suspense filled tune)

FIFA has been trying their utmost to emulate Konami and have released a poor unresponsive game for years but still has massive support. Do you know why? Its the same reason that we have boy bands, girl bands and all the other crappy artists making tons of money based on what they look like.
Bob Dylan was one of the greatest musicians that ever lived but he looked and sounded (his voice) like shit. He would be ridiculed for this if he had come out and released his music in this era and his music and lyrics would have been lost.

I also feel that folks here expect too much from a football game. There will never be a football game that will ever capture the beautiful game as well as the real thing and expecting a game to have precise trajectory, foot planting mechanics, ball physics and all the tiny details exactly like it is in real life is not possible and infact it could be terrible to play a game like that.

Another thing that is important to remember is that we all have our opinions and preferences. In my opinion PES is a better example of how a football game should be played and is my preferred choice.
However, if the day comes that PES IMO has become the mediocre game it is made up to be. I will change my preference.

**OFF TOPIC** IMO
PS.The olympic games in China are an absolute disgrace, to think that some families have had thier homes flattened without compensation or re-housing, for the sake of sport is vile
is that what all the protest is all about? if so that is fucked up tbh and im not looking forward to the olympics arriving here in london. im gunna book a holidaya nd go abroad, away from this madness. london is alreadya circus, the olympics are going to make it alot worse now.

sorry for going off topic but still

@ Zeemaster,

For some Konami have released one poor game, for others though, including myself the dissapointment started with pes5 (a continued lack of ML development) got even worse with pes360 (half a game really, no edit, 8 crapy stadiums, some very poor physics ( I remember my player when kicking the ball would manage to scoop it up and the ball hitting his knee with a single shot animation, and it happend more then once) and then we have 2008 which is seen as a beta by most people. So for the more pessimistic among us ;) its been 3 years now that they havent gotton near to what we expect.

There are lots of things wrong with pes but so many that are right too. But yeah to each their own I guess hope your faith in the best footballing franchise is restored in the future.

Speaking of animations, have you guys seen or played any 2k sports games? Their animations are the best out there, IMO. Just look at Topspin3, pure simulation. Why don't they come up with a footy game, I reckon it will be good.

:

The 2K teams that did Topspin 3, NBA 2k? and their old NFL/All-Pro Football series' were indeed very good. Shame the MLB game was a complete mess in every way. There's such a difference in every sport mentioned, it's difficult to say that success in making a game in one should translate to good games in another.

I can't see them getting into making football/soccer games anyway, as they're pretty focused on American sports and the American market.

It's unfortunate that EA's game gets dragged into these discussions, because it really has no place here. For all the argued improvements, FIFA is still Madden without the pads, ice skating on grass.

Anyway, back to topic...

I believe PES2009 ad boards were on display at the Liverpool v Lazio match last night.

There are lots of things wrong with pes but so many that are right too. But yeah to each their own I guess hope your faith in the best footballing franchise is restored in the future.

Me too, time will tell.

Hope that means anfield is in the game :D

Its got to be if they are licensed.Cant see them having the team with all the names etc and not allowing them to have the stadium.

Then again with EA having the official license it may well be that not including the stadium is allowing them to share it..............who knows.

You obviously haven't played Fifa 08 on Ps3 or 360 :DD

Indeed I have. Obviously, I wasn't impressed.

Hoping the start of the league season will bring a little more in the way of Pro Evo news. Nice to be watching some competitive league football on Sky again. :))

Indeed I have. Obviously, I wasn't impressed.

Hoping the start of the league season will bring a little more in the way of Pro Evo news. Nice to be watching some competitive league football on Sky again. :))

Not for much time though :DD

No, I have PES6. I wouldn't waste my time on lesser games. But this isn't the PES6 discussion, so I'll leave it at that.

There we go - By saying the Ice skating stuff I can tell that you haven't played it properly. Fifa has flaws but I have never heard anybody say anything about them skating around!!

This is the only problem I have with people that haven't really played a game - saying false things about it. This is how all the negativity comes about and the arguments happen.

Anyway - hopefully this years PES will be good :DD fingers crossed.

FIFA has its flaws but i certainly would not say its akin to skating.

I absolutely hate those off the cuff comments that add fuck all value.

There we go - By saying the Ice skating stuff I can tell that you haven't played it properly. Fifa has flaws but I have never heard anybody say anything about them skating around!!

This is the only problem I have with people that haven't really played a game - saying false things about it. This is how all the negativity comes about and the arguments happen.

Anyway - hopefully this years PES will be good :DD fingers crossed.

Please don't bait. It got the original thread closed down. What I said was this thread is no place to discuss FIFA, and it's not. Just for you though, I've played most FIFA games going back to the original FIFA on the Mega Drive around 1993. I haven't enjoyed one since the mid/late 90s. Everything that followed has been dung, and last year was an improvement to the awful games they'd made over the previous years, but what are they improving on? It's a bad game, doesn't play like football, and doesn't capture anything of the PES series. That's my opinion of the game.

PES2008 may have been a disappointment, but the proven pedigree is with Konami's game. Not that I'd advocate them resting on their laurels, because they really need to look at creating full directional control in the coming years.

Right fella's, back on topic please... If you want to continue, take it to PM's.

Dont feel like another thread reset any time soon. Cheers. ;)

Guys konami must rebuild the freekicks ! its not improved at all in pes2008 ,, if u want to play a long pass to your players in the box its a 10%header by your team mates also the shooting the ball dont cure like real life at all and i dont want to compare it with fifa coz its much way better

Please don't bait. It got the original thread closed down. What I said was this thread is no place to discuss FIFA, and it's not. Just for you though, I've played most FIFA games going back to the original FIFA on the Mega Drive around 1993. I haven't enjoyed one since the mid/late 90s. Everything that followed has been dung, and last year was an improvement to the awful games they'd made over the previous years, but what are they improving on? It's a bad game, doesn't play like football, and doesn't capture anything of the PES series. That's my opinion of the game.

PES2008 may have been a disappointment, but the proven pedigree is with Konami's game. Not that I'd advocate them resting on their laurels, because they really need to look at creating full directional control in the coming years.

1. FIFA08 was a really well-animated sports game, regarding footplacement, animation variety, and animation linking and adaption to the ball etc.

2. You can run in 360 directions with FIFA08, though only with the right analog knock ahead feature. Still it's there in one version.

Sorry for off-topic, But I didn't throw out the claim that FIFA08 was skating, which it really isn't by modern videogame standards.

PES2009 adboard at Anfield, Liverpool vs Lazio (thanks WENB)

anfieldgp9.jpg

I was at Anfield last night, there was quite a few of them about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom