PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

There's been no official press release but a lot of people do think they have it, but no one knows to what extent they will use it.

Is it just half a picture?

Or is there something else?

That's the best photo I could get of it :p

anfield742.png

There's a full picture of it I got off a web stream

Well while i don't like the PS3 version of PES2008, i quite like the PSP version.
As a matter of fact i'm still playing it an awfull lot.

so am i it's the dogs bollcks i play it more than fifa 08 on my ps3. I really hope konami can pull it off this year

Well while i don't like the PS3 version of PES2008, i quite like the PSP version.
As a matter of fact i'm still playing it an awfull lot.
I played PES2008 on a friend's PSP today, not expecting to think a lot of it - and I really like it. I find the CPU cheating to be toned down from the previous versions - I've been playing PES6 lately but the times your player freezes to let the CPU player past just kills the game for me, that and the referees blowing when you so much as look at another player. The difficulty levels seem quite good as well, not too easy, not too hard, with a good mixture of results.

I was really shocked because I cannot stand the PS3/360 of PES2008, it is an awful game. On the PC I find it okay if I use an editor to reduce the "top speed" and "acceleration" by 50, otherwise it's ridiculously fast, but even though that makes it a lot more playable and realistic IMO it means there's no sense of pace when you actually need it - like when you get the ball to a winger.

But on the PSP it's very good, the balance seems to be perfect. It's not too fast (by default, no editing required), and the CPU doesn't cheat from start to finish. The only shame is that, from what I understand, you can only play one season in the Master League - but I really do like it. I'm tempted to buy a PSP now, but there's not much point; I never leave the house. 8-[

U can play MORE that one season on the master league - check out this guy

"In season 2021 of my Master League career on PES2008 (the truly groovy PSP/PS2 version; not the stinky, so-called ‘next-gen’ version), I was top of the league, top of my European Cup group, sailing through the Division 1 Cup… I was about four games short of the mid-season negotiations period, when I am planning to go all-in for the young Ronaldinho and Ronaldo, and any other extravagantly great Regenned players who take my fancy."

see more @

http://peschronicles.co.uk/

Last edited:

PES2008 on the PSP is probably the best version of the game. I commute to Manchester everyday and pretty much that, God Of War and now final fantasy have kept me going. PES on the PSP is much slower than on the consoles and the AI cheating is toned down. You can play more than one season on the master league, I am upto season 3. The PSP is a good machine, to be honest I was using for playing movies etc. but latterly some very good games have come out.

U can play one that one season on the master league - check out this guy

"In season 2021 of my Master League career on PES2008 (the truly groovy PSP/PS2 version; not the stinky, so-called ‘next-gen’ version), I was top of the league, top of my European Cup group, sailing through the Division 1 Cup… I was about four games short of the mid-season negotiations period, when I am planning to go all-in for the young Ronaldinho and Ronaldo, and any other extravagantly great Regenned players who take my fancy."

see more @

http://peschronicles.co.uk/

WHAT!!???

no idea what you are on about :|

What is the point of his post??

and this makes no sense:

U can play one that one season on the master league - check out this guy

"U can play one that one season on the master league "????? Huh!! :SS

What is the point of his post??

and this makes no sense:

"U can play one that one season on the master league "????? Huh!! :SS

If you read a few posts before - CB was talking about how PES on 2008 was good - but he thought you coud only play one season on Master league.

'One' should be 'More' - he was saying you can play more than one season.

Then the last one he was proving that you could play more than one season on the PSP version. :DD

PES2008 on the PSP is probably the best version of the game. I commute to Manchester everyday and pretty much that, God Of War and now final fantasy have kept me going. PES on the PSP is much slower than on the consoles and the AI cheating is toned down. You can play more than one season on the master league, I am upto season 3. The PSP is a good machine, to be honest I was using for playing movies etc. but latterly some very good games have come out.
i agree. i commte to central london during the week and play pes on my psp everdya. im in my 5th season now and i am enjoying it a hell of a lot. gameplay wise is the best out of the lot, better then fifa08 and euro 08

Been back playing pes6 on 360 online this morning and i must say its much better than 2008, no lag whatsoever for me. Was pure fun really and if 2009 has better gameplay plus lag-free online then should be great for online leagues :)

PES2008 on the PSP is probably the best version of the game. I commute to Manchester everyday and pretty much that, God Of War and now final fantasy have kept me going. PES on the PSP is much slower than on the consoles and the AI cheating is toned down.
I think I've just realised why this is - because there isn't enough CPU power in a PSP to put them in. The game forces these cheats in the home console versions so that you can't beat the AI too easily, but on the PSP there isn't enough processing power to force them into the flow of the game. And yet even without the cheating the AI is difficult to beat - which proves that you don't need to include CPU cheating to make your game difficult. PLEASE KONAMI (and EA), no more.

Sorry to take the thread slightly off-topic.

Havn't been on this site for ages because of the previous crap games, and I can see not much being said here, which I understand. In years gone by, there would be a real buzz about a new version of PES coming out, just shows what damage they have done. If Konami cock this one up with there lazy arse efforts, then PES will be dead forever. I hope I am wrong.

Havn't been on this site for ages because of the previous crap games, and I can see not much being said here, which I understand. In years gone by, there would be a real buzz about a new version of PES coming out, just shows what damage they have done. If Konami cock this one up with there lazy arse efforts, then PES will be dead forever. I hope I am wrong.
bla bla bla, bla bla, bla...

PES 2008 for PSP is the best PES 2008 version wich been released. I'm on my fourth season with my self-created club, AC Leone. My best player is Wright-Phillips :D But I have a question. I know you can edit boots - only I only can edit the colour of the boots :( Do you guys can edit the whole shoe just like in PES 6 ?

shouldn't really need to edit boots as apparently they have a selection of boots in this time

PES 2008 for PSP is the best PES 2008 version wich been released. I'm on my fourth season with my self-created club, AC Leone. My best player is Wright-Phillips :D But I have a question. I know you can edit boots - only I only can edit the colour of the boots :( Do you guys can edit the whole shoe just like in PES 6 ?

boot editing is pes 2008 ps2/psp is shit. its too limited. you can only choose colours. Bolox

The more editing facilities then the better IMO. The day you can pretty much edit anything you want will be a great day indeed.

We need an adboard editor and a ball editor. Also a simple way to solve many problems in PES is to allow importing of jpg files. That way you can directly import the kits into the game without any mess. Why should we be forced to use the PS Eye or 360 Vision Cam?

copyright???

They should be able to get around it. If we are using personal pictures they have no control over it. And they could market it as a feature to create a kit for you & your friends team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom