PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (NO FIFA DEMO DISCUSSION - POSTS WILL BE DELET

Sorry but that's not a good evidence...
That's last year Inter's kit...
This year Inter has got blak shorts and golden "Pirelli"...:((
It's a evidence from what i says about the beta, now we need confirm for full game.

Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (STRICTLY NO FIFA DEMO IMPRESSIONS)

the tinted rose spectacles jibe is an absolute hint. :D

Anyways, I really do hope PES2009 allows us to select CL themed matches for online play and exhibition mode. Can't wait for video reviews from gaming sites. WENB mentioned that more videos will come as the press would get their reviewable copies very soon.

why havent the teams got the champions league badges on there sleeves in the video?

Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (NO FIFA DEMO DISCUSSION - POSTS WILL BE DELET

the fact it worries you so much speaks volumes

It doesn't worry me one bit. But this is a PES thread for a reason and the way you keep mentioning it in an intimidating way isn't right. Don't act smart.

Muzza has now been banned for seven days. Enjoy the peace while it lasts.

Awww just seven Chris...

I dug my PS2 out last night late on to enjoy some filly patched WE, I still love the way passing feels in those titles even better than PES but I can't quite say why, and better than the 09 demo too, though this could change come final builds. Can't wait for the 2009 Demo, I just hope it's not a couple of days before release?

Last edited:

Awww just seven Chris...
I doubt he'll be able to behave himself when he comes back and then he'll be gone, don't worry. Hopefully he will forget about the site by the time that the ban expires...

Last edited:

I am compelled to correct one thing about Fifa (sorry, it's the last time)
There are only 8 possibles directions when the player have the ball...

360 degrees directions are only possible when the player doesn't have the ball, manual passing, and long dribble (when the player push off the ball)
In PES the 8 directions without the ball (super-cancel or defending) isn't a problem because the CPU assist in a certain way the player like when you make a pressing, and it follows the movement of the ball naturally...

The fluid and many animations in Fifa and the steepness in PES gives that impression, but do not mistake...
I like both games, for me in PES In EP the important is the timing, the instinct and a sharper representation of stats

And Fifa is based on the precision, the analogy, A general physics very pushed to the detriment of stats tecniques and tactics

finally a reasonable post...

I am compelled to correct one thing about Fifa (sorry, it's the last time)
There are only 8 possibles directions when the player have the ball...

360 degrees directions are only possible when the player doesn't have the ball, manual passing, and long dribble (when the player push off the ball)
In PES the 8 directions without the ball (super-cancel or defending) isn't a problem because the CPU assist in a certain way the player like when you make a pressing, and it follows the movement of the ball naturally...

The fluid and many animations in Fifa and the steepness in PES gives that impression, but do not mistake...
I like both games, for me in PES In EP the important is the timing, the instinct and a sharper representation of stats

And Fifa is based on the precision, the analogy, A general physics very pushed to the detriment of stats tecniques and tactics

Really very spot on post that stresses the key points and approaches of both games: control.

Though on PES do you have a lot of control over the movement of your player when having the ball, your passing and shooting is generally decided by the CPU. I remember how on each installment I felt I could decide less and less things by myself.

So, while Fifa let's you decide what you do (and that decreases the representation of stats as you mentioned) PES relies on the stats to let the CPU decide the result of any action.

While the PES approach worked very well on last generations, the fun and possibilities of the Fifa approach seem to win by far the next-gen consoles.

The thing is, I always thought it would be really easy for Konami to change this and put analog control to things such as passing and shooting. I'm really waiting for the day the make it, cause then we will have more choice as consumers.

In a tactic sense, i like to search the player who have the stat required to shoot, pass, etc.
The manual passing/shooting is a reallistic viewpoint in a freedom way, and it's very immersive and fun, but it removes a little bit the feeling you have to control the "real" player

It cancel the passes stats, teamwork etc.
Already the global representation of stats isn't pronounced overall (like agility, power shoot, dribble, dribble speed etc.) except physique and balance (through the game engine)

Manual control is a good thing, but still perfectible for me... It should feel different as key player, with the introduction of different stats for exemple, which does not depend on CPU but on the difficulty/ease to execute manual passes... I purpose for PES "passes techique" (like shot technique but for passes), "passes power" etc.

Hi guys!
Is it confirmed that there is no CL on the PS2 version??

Yes, confirmed by Konami themselves. It won't be in the PS2 or PSP version of the game.

Thanks for the quick reply Chris :)

No Pes for me this year then..
Ain't paying 50 € for an OF update / 70 € for a "next-gen" game.

PS: is there any site or e-mail adress I can use to express my insatisfaction to Konami?

Sorry but that's not a good evidence...
That's last year Inter's kit...
This year Inter has got blak shorts and golden "Pirelli"...:((

pes-2009-pro-evolution-soccer-20080911024304652_640w.jpg

black shorts and golden Pirelli!

we just can't see the "Lega Calcio" logo..

I saw PES 2009 adboards in Real Madrid match today against Numancia so I think we will have official Real Madrid.

I saw PES 2009 adboards in Real Madrid match today against Numancia so I think we will have official Real Madrid.

Yep saw them too.

I hope for Barcelona/Real M./Valencia/Deportivo/Atletico/Sevilla.
I don't play with the other teams, so I'll update those with a option file.

I really really hope that we can use the CL teams online! That would be great! When you choose a team just go to the CL competition and choose one. Class!

EDIT: Oh and any news about creating leagues or cups online or have they just added Legends.

pes-2009-pro-evolution-soccer-20080911024304652_640w.jpg

black shorts and golden Pirelli!

we just can't see the "Lega Calcio" logo..

I saw that Inter Milan has white shorts and black socks in Exhibition mode on PES 2009. But, In CL mode, they use black shorts and golden Pirelli logo so it means that CL will have exclusive kits for the teams or we can combine kits like in PES5.

Also, I belive that kits will have CL logo on arms at the final version of the game and back of the kits will be straight like in real CL.

Very good video. Much improved gameplay here. Better running animations, new header animation, and more fluid rythm! My hopes are up again for this game...

^agreed, but i think that the goals looked too easy to score

i didnt like so much the game, to easy to score, players move to fast, this is a evolution of pes2008. maybe in pes 2012 will fix the bugs and see real and good football.
First goal, tevez move so fast to top right than the defense stays in the same place, so easy, so ps3 game.
Second goal france, e shoots without angle and scores...
can happend but seems will happend all the time, i think this game will not be good enough.

Really very spot on post that stresses the key points and approaches of both games: control.

Though on PES do you have a lot of control over the movement of your player when having the ball, your passing and shooting is generally decided by the CPU. I remember how on each installment I felt I could decide less and less things by myself.

So, while Fifa let's you decide what you do (and that decreases the representation of stats as you mentioned) PES relies on the stats to let the CPU decide the result of any action.

While the PES approach worked very well on last generations, the fun and possibilities of the Fifa approach seem to win by far the next-gen consoles.

The thing is, I always thought it would be really easy for Konami to change this and put analog control to things such as passing and shooting. I'm really waiting for the day the make it, cause then we will have more choice as consumers.

NOT!

The idea of "fun" is very subjective, you can't say that something is funnier than other in a objective way.

I like the konami approach better, since the cpu has more control,you can "blame" the player for doing a wrong pass or a bad shoot, like a real match, i like that. With analog control this element will be reduced, since you will have more control over the match, the mistakes wouldn't be "made" by the players but you.

When i want total control of the game, i simply go outside and play by myself, thats full analog passing and 360 movement, some analog whores over here should try it, its much more fun.

Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

1. So so scripted.
2. Constant AI cheating
3. No manual passing option
4. Animations from a PS2 Game
5. Does not play like a real football match. Please spare me all the 'the closest thing to the real game' talk as PES is not like real football at all.

Thats just my opinion. I had all the Winning eleven games and J.league versions up until last year. I got bored with the same thing over and over again and from what I have seen nothings changed that much to get me back into the series. An improved PES2008 is not enough for me. I want next gen with new ideas and innovation.

Perfect post. OTHER could put that end bit as their mission statement and they would be right on the money.

I can only see improved grass, apart from that it´s PES 2008... same models and animations, and gameplay appears to be the same, just a little bit slow... ribery goal is ridiculuous. Try to score one in real life and you will see. He scores using his weaker foot (left foot) and he is not facing the goal... :S

this year is fifa 2009 to me

Video looks very very good to me. its almost like watching winning eleven on last gen but on next gen. and by that i mean the quality of gameplay is now on par with last gen. smooth precise etc. it might not be animated perfectly and fluidly but it looks better than last years by a mile and maybe will earn the right to be the winning eleven we all know and love. ForzaEVO-web...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom