PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (NO FIFA DEMO DISCUSSION - POSTS WILL BE DELET

so villareal are liscened with barcelona...what about madrid and other spanish clubs?

Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (NO FIFA DEMO DISCUSSION - POSTS WILL BE DELET

They said that there was no CL in the BAL but there is heavy if not definet information implying its part of the BAL.

"Uefa Champions League Debut" - 15 points. Its either awarded when after years of trying, you finaly make it into a club that is playing in the CL OR when you play your first game straight off the menu. Mmmmmmmmm? Now im pretty sure they arnt going to give you 15 points for just selcting the bloody mode so surely no wait, definetly is in the BAL mode. They improved the ML by doing that negotiation and moral thing and their way of helping improve and better the BAL mode is to enable you to do the CL. Its so obvious.

We know because of the achievement "Uefa Champions League Debut" that its in BAL

Transcript

- Tons of news on thursday, loads of confirmation for the fans. Adam and suff have both been negative about Konamis Pr but thursday was handled well. Most of it is news we already know but alot of questions were answered aswell. Konami have the CL license for 4 years, which has been implement well as a seperate mode. The CL Trailer was a vast improvement on the earlier Messi trailer, the composition, music, all blended.
- Adam is slightly dissapointed its a seperate mode, the first option on the menu screen. License wise, day to day, it doesnt change the game, only in the mode will you be able to use certain teams with full rendering. Suffs personal highlight is the Liverpool/United license.
- Adams being playing the fifa09 demo and thinks fifa cant get the kits quite right, i agree personally, but im not that convinced about evo's either. Suff agrees, the fonts on the back of the shirts are completely wrong in Fifa.
- From what Adam knows the Liverpool license is there for a few years, exclusive adboards at Anfield, liverpools official site linking to evo sites. There is also a limited edition Liverpool pro evo cover via the official store, so the Liverpool license is more than meets the eye.
- United is pretty much just the license
- There is a wider selection of boots in pes2009, many seen in the CL trailer. They saw 16 boots at the playtest. Adam notes that many are just from different builds.
- Suff was slightly letdown that there was talk but no demo this week, they pretty much knew it wasnt coming but hoped. They did well to release all the info they did have.
- WENB has been leaking shit all year...dont worry guys we know what you meant :D
- The reaction to Fifa was mixed, the reaction to Konamis leaks was 100% positive.
- Messi on the cover in the barca shirt hints at a few Spanish licenses, suff thinks there will be more spanish than english licenses.
- The edit mode means the WENB option file will be good this year, there are limits because of the 40 team import picture limit, but the file should be good regardless. Adam says there should be 100% license, there will be a poll up soon to vote for what league you want in place of the "blank" league, German or other.
- Mo posted up the achievements list recently, Adam is non plussed about it really, Suff agrees, football games are about the enjoyment not the quest for targets.
- Adam notes its odd for Konami to make the CL revelation so close to release, that many mags will announce it in their reviews, unavoidable as it may be.

The fifa demo
- Suffs played the final code a few days ago, both agree that the demo is not as good as the full game. Suff thinks the demo is an unfair representation, alot of the animations have been cut out. Its like they have given you half the animations. With regards to how it plays it plays how you would expect it to, it gives a taster. The arena mode is 100% accurate to the real game. He agrees with us here, 2 minutes is just not enough time to get any sort of feeling for the game. Graphically its almost on par, suffs been focusing on the ps3 version this year as its easier for him to play. In the final version the graphics are slightly advanced.

- Adam thinks graphically the ps3 demo is shocking
- Some of the moves, skills and animations have been pulled out of the demo, suff was told by Ea that there is 3 weeks of work between the code he played and the gold code.
- There are alot of people on the forums talking about the ball physics, like pro evo this year, in fifa you have to be careful where you shoot and when, taking into account foot strength and who your controlling.
- The demo is still good though

Conclusion
Should be a big podcast next week, this week was pretty huge in terms of info.

http://pesviews.blogspot.com/2008/09/overview-wenb-podcast-44-it-all-comes.html

We know because of the achievement "Uefa Champions League Debut" that its in BAL

Seeing as you get a bunch of points for just playing an online game I think your reasoning is flawed. It's perfectly possibly that you get an Achievement just for playing a CL game in a standalone CL mode, that kind of easy Achievement happens all the time.

I have to say I don't give a toss about Achievements usually, and I don't in this case either. But if it's a good game, well, it's nice to have some random targets...

Seeing as you get a bunch of points for just playing an online game I think your reasoning is flawed. It's perfectly possibly that you get an Achievement just for playing a CL game in a standalone CL mode, that kind of easy Achievement happens all the time.

I have to say I don't give a toss about Achievements usually, and I don't in this case either. But if it's a good game, well, it's nice to have some random targets...

I know what you mean but "Debut" really makes it sound like they're saying your player. Would you get an achievment for playing 1 match in the Ligue 1 then. It is possible that it is just as simple as what you said but imo it does seem more phesable that you get the 10/15 points for working your way up to a CL club in BAL and apprently getting through the group stage gets you points.

+ I dont know if the achievments were in order but the "Uefa Champions League Debut" is amognst all the BAL achievements

Last edited:

Transcript

- Adam is slightly disappointed it's a separate mode, the first option on the menu screen. License wise, day to day, it doesn't change the game, only in the mode will you be able to use certain teams with full rendering. Suffs personal highlight is the Liverpool/United license.

If you believe these guys it is a separate mode...

If it is true, that is just awful if you can't use the teams in its full rendering on lets say, in exhibition mode(the mode which I use endlessly) or online.
KONAMI need to be more specific with the CL mode.
Getting the license is a good first step,but they also need to do a good job implementing it in the game as well instead of just tossing it in.

Lots of speculation as to how and why they would have to put it in as a stand alone mode, form licences or clauses to just plain time... If it is just a stand alone mode it will whomp big...

Nick, I might ban you if you use that word one more time. :mryellow:

For those who haven't seen Recess, "whomp big" means "be crappy" / "suck ass".

Well in a sense, I guess it is good that they decided to put it in the game in the first place,
instead of creating a separate game like EA have done over the years.

But in KONAMI's case, the implementation of the CL mode and how they handle the license is crucial. Its their only weapon(besides the gameplay, which we have no idea of due to demo no-show so far) to convince potential buyers to get PES instead of FIFA.
Surely they don't expect the fans to play the mode over and over just so that they can use the teams in their full licenses.
Hopefully, they realize this.

I hope the final scenario is that, we have full use of the teams that are licensed in the CL in other modes as well.
I don't want to end up doing the editing for West London Blue(other modes) and Chelsea(CL mode).

WENB already confirmed it will be West London Blue etc. in the CL mode, so there won't be any issues with duplicates.

Doesn't bother me because licenses won't save Pro Evo, all that matters is the gameplay.

The fact the FIFA demo is not even a complete build in terms of gameplay is a REALLY terrifying thought, the PES demo is going to have to impress big time.

WENB already confirmed it will be West London Blue etc. in the CL mode, so there won't be any issues with duplicates.

Doesn't bother me because licenses won't save Pro Evo, all that matters is the gameplay.

The fact the FIFA demo is not even a complete build in terms of gameplay is a REALLY terrifying thought, the PES demo is going to have to impress big time.

Do you really feel the need to constantly mentioning the Fifa demo on every occasion?

Well the topic does now read "NO FIFA DEMO DISCUSSION", so everyone should just be careful from now on.

I dont see the argument here. FIFA 09 demo is not really impressing.
But OK, waiting for Jack I mean Chris Bauer to delete these posts... :D

It is impressing though, the only people that aren't impressed by it are twelve year old kids on the EA forums who don't like the fact they can't run round an entire team with Ronaldinho.

His original post started off talking about PES, so I'll let him (and you) off on this occasion. ;)

Back on topic now please ladies and gents, there is a FIFA forum if that's what you want to talk about...

In my opinion the Champions League was always going to be a separate and isolated mode. I talked about this a couple of weeks ago using the Brian Lara game as a comparison. In that game you had officially licensed ICC tournaments that featured real player names and kits (e.g. when you played the ICC Cricket world cup). But in exhibition or custom tournament mode all of the players had false names and unlicensed kits.

There has been much talk of the CL being integrated into the ML but this was always clutching a straws in my opinion. I'm guessing the CL license can only be applied to actual tournament and it's format, and nothing else.

I think this type of mode is pretty crap:

1) Pick a CL team
2) Play a few matches
3) Win the CL/get eliminated
4) Game over

Unless it has some online features integrated into it, it's worthless imo.

What scares me is that they could put so much effort into this mode and not put enough effort into refining the game play. To be honest a month implementing this CL mode is a month they could have spent building the early stages of their currently non-existent next-gen engine.

Trying to play catch up with FIFA in terms of licenses is a losing battle, they would be best served trying to play catch up in terms of gameplay because otherwise the gap is going to become insurmountable (if it isn't already). If you don't understand what the gap is I'm referring to well....you've got one game with customisable, modifiable full manual control (almost all 360 movement) and one game (PES) stuck in rigid, 8 directional robot mode.

Having said that, at least it's something mildly positive for PES because so far there has been nothing, from the loss of licenses, the dismal showing at Leipzig, so on and so forth. At the end of the day though they are just doing this to make their product more profitable, which doesn't impress me at all. What would impress me is if they try to make PES a simulation again.

can some one tell me where is the italy calcio ???

291l5xj.jpg

!!

What scares me is that they could put so much effort into this mode and not put enough effort into refining the game play. To be honest a month implementing this CL mode is a month they could have spent building the early stages of their currently non-existent next-gen engine.

The more I hear about the Champions League license the more I wonder if Konami would be better off releasing it as a separate game. It seems as though the CL license was a late acquisition and they have had to shoehorn it into PES2009 at short notice. I'd rather Konami concentrate on making PES2009 the best they possibly can to get the series back on track, and then six months down the line release a CL game. At least they can take on board criticisms of PES2009 and make improvements for the CL game.

Perhaps this is why EA have taken big strides forward because they've released 2 games a year each year on next gen (World Cup 2006, Fifa07, CL game, Fifa08, Euro, Fifa09) and have made constant improvements based on feedback from these games.

Call it profiteering from EA if you will, but if Konami released a seperate CL game you know you would all buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom