PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Sorry guys but if you still haven't upgraded to the next-gen consoles, you only have yourselves to blame. You're lucky they are even making PES 2009 on the PS2!! Go out and get a PS3 before Oct 17th, that's my advice! :DD

Exactly. If they didnt make a ps2 version they could spend more time and effort on the next gen versions. No disrespect to ps2 owners but a 360 these days only costs £150-£200 which if you sell all your ps2 stuff wouldnt be that much. Thats what i did and saved myself £70

Exactly. If they didnt make a ps2 version they could spend more time and effort on the next gen versions. No disrespect to ps2 owners but a 360 these days only costs £150-£200 which if you sell all your ps2 stuff wouldnt be that much. Thats what i did and saved myself £70
It won't be that long until were looking at the 360's replacement...

Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours (No FIFA demo discussions in here!)

How did you arrive to that conclusion?

I mean this: i prefer PS3: much more silence and i prefer the controler, BUT: PES 2008 and the OTHER game demo from yesterday are both graphic-wise much better on the 360. Smoother and better graphics. So if that will be the case with PES 2009 (better graphics on 360, better framerate and better online) i'll buy it for my 360.

I know, this is just speculation but that's the reason for asking if someone compared Pes2009 on both systems and can tell something about framerate and graphics.

Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (NO FIFA DEMO DISCUSSION - POSTS WILL BE DELET

From what the playtesters and people at Leipzig said: No differences, framerate was great on PS3. After all, the playtests were on PS3s, so they aren't afraid of showing it.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

I already got a decent PC to play it on, I can also play the 360 ver(and FIFA next-gen) at my mate's house, its the fact that they won't have the mode on PSP is what pisses me off. Its just a tournament with licenses and some other offical CL stuff, nothing to do with being next gen or not.

Fair play - I agree that if they've gone to the effort to make the game on the PS2/PSP, it's ludicrous that they aren't using the CL license. (unless they weren't contractually allowed to)

From a selfish perspective, I hope it means that they've concentrated most of their effort on the PS3 version.

I would say 18-20 months or so... The problems with the latest console is only speeding a replacement...

PS3 is definitely more future-proof than the 360 but who cares- only a few weeks till PES 2009!!

Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (NO FIFA DEMO DISCUSSION - POSTS WILL BE DELET

i just noticed something lads,when the game is in champions league mode all the nike and puma boots are licenced(carrick gold boots torres boots) but when you see the normal pics with man utds liverpool linup pics the puma and nike boots have been defaulted on carrick and torres!! any explanation for this? are the puma and nike boots only licenced in champions league mode?

The achievement list for the 360 is up and it mentions the Italian League instead of Seria A, don't tell they've lost that license too...

PS3 is definitely more future-proof than the 360 but who cares- only a few weeks till PES 2009!!

The only reason I refrained myself from buying a PS3 is due to the fact I'm not much of console gamer, I only play RTS and FPS in addition to PES.
Also bought the PSP from a friend. hehe

But it would be hard for them to focus on a single next-gen platform for the time being, they've(PES Productions/KONAMI) got a much smaller team compared to EA, and if I'm not mistaken they plan to increase the number of people working on PES to make things easier, maybe as a result of that, Seabass can focus on his beloved PS3. :D

another thing i noticed is that the number fonts on the pool kits are wrong for the champions league,they use the adidas number fonts in champions league not the prem ones. whats the point of konami having a licence if they cant implement it properly?

another thing i noticed is that the number fonts on the pool kits are wrong for the champions league,they use the adidas number fonts in champions league not the prem ones. whats the point of konami having a licence if they cant implement it properly?

i agree..thats quite stupid, they should have the exact CL kit they will wear.

Most of the Italian Teams will be there if its unlicensed like La Liga where apprently 8-10 teams are licensed and most importantly 'the big ones'

Achievement - "UEFA Champions League Debut"

Its got to be surely.........in the ML and BAL!? Atleast in the BAL but i doubt ML

Last edited:

The achievement list for the 360 is up and it mentions the Italian League instead of Seria A, don't tell they've lost that license too...

I did not realise it first time I saw the list, but makes sense what you say. Oh dear...

The edit mode should be huge, otherwise...

hello folks, why fifa 09 demo is not in ps3 on line store ?
And the pes2009 demo will be out this year? or is just like pes2008 they told us the ps3 demo was released than nothing appear...

The FIFA 09 demo should be in most PSN stores by now Peter - it's on the US one and I believe it's on the EU one now. Please don't discuss your impressions of it in this thread though - this is the PES thread, there is a FIFA forum here on Evo-Web where you can discuss it.

As for the PES2009 demo, there's a statement somewhere (if I remember correctly) that says it'll be out "a few weeks before release".

i cant look more at pes2009 pictures and the videos, the game seems the same style of ps2 pes, but with better graphics i think will be the best pes ever, a mix between ps2 and ps3 pes, not like pes2008 it was so stupid. im very curious and i jsut count the days in the calendar to play pes againnnnnnn. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

thanks chris, do you know when sony make the actualization to ps3 on line store, thursday's?
and the price of pes2009 will be the same of 2008 right?
god... im get excited with this pes2009,and will take a month to buy it :(

italian.png

Goodbye Serie A. Hello Calcio.

No. It's the fictional Konami logo of the Italian League.

The Mexican league is FIFA exclusive.

PES09 is not even gonna come near the PS2 games

i'll tell you why...........ANIMATION, the animations are awful...especially the running and turning animations, its so robotic and unrealistic.

PES09 will be a good game but not a great game

i just noticed something lads,when the game is in champions league mode all the nike and puma boots are licenced(carrick gold boots torres boots) but when you see the normal pics with man utds liverpool linup pics the puma and nike boots have been defaulted on carrick and torres!! any explanation for this? are the puma and nike boots only licenced in champions league mode?

The answer IS very simple...The pics without nike licensed boots are earlier than pics with nike official licensed ones...
Besides your premise is wrong, it's not true that in the champions league mode Nike boots are licensed, if you look at the action of Keane's Goal (last video), Torres wears simple red boots.The truth is that in the older pics(and in Leipigz demo) all the players wearing red or blue boots are simply predisposed to get Nike shoes (Puyol,Ferdinand,Torres,C.Ronaldo etc...), in fact in the earlier pics C.Ronaldo doesn't wear default Blue boots but Nike Legend Blue...Sorry for my english but I hope you understan what I mean...Look these pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom