PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Well they have 8-10 teams from la Liga and will do the same with Serie A probably. All we really need is the top 8 of each league imo.

idont think so..i didnt heard anything that konami lost SERIE A license, thats one license konami has for a while and EA doesnt, EA has only individual contracts with some teams from the serie A(most of the teams actually) but konami has the Serie A rights, thats why u see the Serie A logo on PES and not on FIFA

I don't know how it well go, but lets pray that SERIE A license will be in PES2009.
Because if they lost both LIGA and SERIE A license, I pass this one.
And the SERIE A logo is missing from the trailer....

Played the FIFA 09 demo for quite a bit and I'm truly unimpressed. I'll take all PES faults over this game as it is way more FUN to play and rewarding IMO. I want full control and again FIFA fails to deliver - the gameplay just doesn't cut it ... all 5 teams feel and play the same..am I controlling Kaka or Flamini?...I have to look down on the name to tell..never in a PES game that has happened!

HAHAH..FIFA will beat PES 2009 eh? It's not looking so good by the looks of it. To think I was sucked in by the hype... FIFA 09 ..meh!

Last edited:

guys stop act like babies and dont be fanboys as hill !! EA deliver us wonderful game so we must respect their work and if u dont like the game just dont buy it ,, but dont lie to your self and say its boring or silly coz its good game at least better then PES and seabass shity staff

Konami are really a hopeless bunch...why the feck is there no CL mode in PS2 and PSP versions????
This is typical Konami, they add fine things and leave it out without apparent "plan" behind it...

PS: i'm tired of all the FIFA-PES bickering in this thread. I think all people are entitled to their opinion no matter which game they prefer. Mods, please...make a FIFA-PES thread. A thread i will carefully avoid, but i just want news and opinions about both games separate...i don't want endless discussions between people who insult other ones...

guys stop act like babies and dont be fanboys as hill !! EA deliver us wonderful game so we must respect their work and if u dont like the game just dont buy it ,, but dont lie to your self and say its boring or silly coz its good game at least better then PES and seabass shity staff

Lets just keep the Fifa preaching out of this thread.

This Fifa vs PES thing has happened the past many years. People keep hoping that Fifa will get its act together and finally improve gameplay enough so it can compete on the same level as PES - and every year (so far) EA Sports hypes their game, luring many people into their net of hype. Every year someone already "converts" before the game is even released. And quite often those people would either end up 1) sticking to PES or 2) stubbornly staying with their new "best game".

It's a bit like the Apple vs Microsoft war. Someone gets lured onto the Apple hype and buys one of their products - often realizing that he/she has to settle with something (in Apples case its a limited amount of features). In the Fifa/PES case many suddenly starts prioritizing other things (like licenses, graphics etc.) and suddenly they are settling for the Fifa gameplay which may have vastly been improved, but still lacks that magic something that PES (IMO) have. Altho you'll rarely hear a negative word about the gameplay of their new Fifa game from these people.

Bare in mind that this is just how I see it (I do play PES but gave Fifa08 a fair 3-4 months of constant play) and its only my point of view having been a football-gamer since the good old days with the Commodore 64 International Soccer game :)

Why do you jump out of your seat everytime someone gives his opinion on Fifa 09? This is an open forum. I get the idea that if an opinion doesn't matches up with your expectations you feel frustrated. If someone has a different opinion from yours just respect that. And if you don't agree with someone elses opinion, guess what... you don't have to, that's cool. But discuss it as an adult. Give us some clear facts then on the matter and try to explain what you feel is good about Fifa 09 after playing the demo. Instead of making this a yes or no discussion.

I must admit I was also hyped up about the Fifa 09 game, as many others were. From the video's I saw, I thought the gameplay was really good, and the game looked superb. I even said to my mates, it might be Fifa this year that has the better side. So I was really open for Fifa and looked forward for the demo yesterday. I've been playing Konami soccer games and Fifa since the SNES. On the PS2 I started to prefer PES above Fifa. At that time PES was in a league of its own. Fifa has come closer last years, especially on the next gen consoles. After last years dissapointment with PES 2008 (PS3) and the dissapointment a year before on PES 6 (XBOX 360). We all hungered for something better, and from the pictures and video's EA was bombing at us, they surely would be our saviour this year. Especially since Konami had not really impressed us yet with the PES 2009 screens and movies. Guess yesterday the tables turned a bit. After playing the Fifa demo for several hours, both against other players as cpu. I don't see those 250 improvements they've made. There are some improvements, for instance the response time is a lot better, wich makes a better gameplay. But still there isn't a significant difference between players as for instance Drogba or Joe Cole, gameplay wise. Also there are more options in team management now, then the previous versions. But it looks a bit rough, compared to the wide range of tactical options you have on PES. I can't say I didn't enjoy myself playing it yesterday. It's a nice game. But for me personally, (and this is my personal opinion so don't be offended if it differs from yours) PES 2008 with all its flaws I enjoyed more. And honestly there were lots of flaws (too much mistakes made by goalkeepers, defenders running away all of a sudden, ghost players --> instead of body's coliding they go trough each other, slow down when playing online, animations running not smooth, bad looking crowd). Still I would prefer this game above Fifa 09. Yes you get irritated at times when playing PES 2008, (especially when your opponent has the ball and you have to defend) but when you are in possession of the ball, there is no other footy that gives you that specific game experience and control (besides previous PES editions on the PS2 of course). Of course after playing it for a year now, we have to have something new, something better with less flaws. Konami can't give us a game like last years was again. But after playing the Fifa demo, and seeing the champions league PES 2009 video yesterday and all the fancy screens, for me personally the tables have indeed turned.

Last edited:

If anyone has the chance to ask Nokami why they left the CL out of the PS2 version, i would dearly love to know.

Is it because the platform is still very popular in Japan and they don't really care for the competition?

It's tricky to work out. You have to put yourself inside the insular, selfish mind of the developers, in attempt to understand things.

Last edited:

Why do you jump out of your seat everytime someone gives his opinion on Fifa 09? This is an open forum. I get the idea that if an opinion doesn't matches up with your expectations you feel frustrated. If someone has a different opinion from yours just respect that. And if you don't agree with someone elses opinion, guess what... you don't have to, that's cool. But discuss it as an adult. Give us some clear facts then on the matter and try to explain what you feel is good about Fifa 09 after playing the demo. Instead of making this a yes or no discussion.

I must admit I was also hyped up about the Fifa 09 game, as many others were. From the video's I saw, I thought the gameplay was really good, and the game looked superb. I even said to my mates, it might be Fifa this year that has the better side. So I was really open for Fifa and looked forward for the demo yesterday. I've been playing Konami soccer games and Fifa since the SNES. On the PS2 I started to prefer PES above Fifa. At that time PES was in a league of its own. Fifa has come closer last years, especially on the next gen consoles. After last years dissapointment with PES 2008 (PS3) and the dissapointment a year before on PES 6 (XBOX 360). We all hungered for something better, and from the pictures and video's EA was bombing at us, they surely would be our saviour this year. Especially since Konami had not really impressed us yet with the PES 2009 screens and movies. Guess yesterday the tables turned a bit. After playing the Fifa demo for several hours, both against other players as cpu. I don't see those 250 improvements they've made. There are some improvements, for instance the response time is a lot better, wich makes a better gameplay. But still there isn't a significant difference between players as for instance Drogba or Joe Cole, gameplay wise. Also there are more options in team management now, then the previous versions. But it looks a bit rough, compared to the wide range of tactical options you have on PES. I can't say I didn't enjoy myself playing it yesterday. It's a nice game. But for me personally, (and this is my personal opinion so don't be offended if it differs from yours) PES 2008 with all its flaws I enjoyed more. And honestly there were lots of flaws (too much mistakes made by goalkeepers, defenders running away all of a sudden, ghost players --> instead of body's coliding they go trough each other, slow down when playing online, animations running not smooth, bad looking crowd). Still I would prefer this game above Fifa 09. Yes you get irritated at times when playing PES 2008, (especially when your opponent has the ball and you have to defend) but when you are in possession of the ball, there is no other footy that gives you that specific game experience and control (besides previous PES editions on the PS2 of course). Of course after playing it for a year now, we have to have something new, something better with less flaws. Konami can't give us a game like last years was again. But after playing the Fifa demo, and seeing the champions league PES 2009 video yesterday and all the fancy screens, for me personally the tables have indeed turned.

EXACTLY !

I heard that Serie A also won't be licensed too.
Is this true ?
I watched the CL trailer for PES2009 and looked at the license info,
but there wasn't any logo for Serie A. Just only saw "A.C Milan" on the license...

If this is true, this means we'll be losing, Liga and Serie A, which is really shocking.... :(

AC Milan were always licensed seperately even when the whole Serie A was. But it looks like the league license has gone this year. :((

I don't know how it well go, but lets pray that SERIE A license will be in PES2009.
Because if they lost both LIGA and SERIE A license, I pass this one.
And the SERIE A logo is missing from the trailer....

I've read somewhere that PSM3 wrote Serie A, Eridivise and Ligue 1 are licensed, only La Liga was missing comparing to PES 2008. Can someone who has the PSM3 magazine confirm this? But the logo is indeed missing from the trailer. This would be very desappoiting. Still I don't think EA has the license either.

Cheers

Last edited:

If anyone has the chance to ask Nokami why they left the CL out of the PS2 version, i would dearly love to know.

Is it because the platform is still very popular in Japan and they don't really care for the competition?

It's tricky to work out. You have to put yourself inside the insular, selfish mind of the developers, in attempt to understand things.

i hope its the 1st steps towards them forgetting last gen and fully concentrating on the current gen systems

Konami are the masters of shooting themselves in the foot, I still maintain they need a new HOD and team. Just over 36 months ago they were market leaders by some way with a product that on paper should have been far inferior, no licences and no real league structure not to mention budgets. But then they almost stopped all development and even started removing elements while still trying to make umpteen differing variations and incarnations.

Until finally culminating in an almost unplayable, ill conceived and poorly presented debacle that was 2008. SB then came out saying it was forced on them to release by Konami. I hold my hands up to being a massive PES over FIFA any day fan until 2008 and I still maintain if I could have solved the PS3 epilepsy inducing, eye bleeding judder, I would still be. Because of that me and my mate decided to give FIFA a month of intensive play to see if we could ever convert, being a hater of the ML meant instant joy at being able to have the full league structure and of course all the eye candy helped.

And so a year on and we are still playing 08 and looking forward to both 09 and 2009. I'm not counting either title out until I have at least a few hours play with each full title under my belt, anyone who thinks they can judge either final product from the tiny demo's we are given is either being naive or just plain puerile... :SS

Personally thought PES 2008 and Fifa 08 sucked last year - not sure what camp that puts me in ;) Haven't truly enjoyed a football game since PES 5

This is taken from the FIFA demo, uploaded by a mate of mine :

YouTube - Fifa 2009 demo goal

If we're discussing the differences in the games, then we could be arguing for a long time. I'm confident both have upped their game - and lets be fair, they had to. I'll always be a PES buyer, I've bought every version since the catalyst appeared on the SNES.

I'm sure PES 2009 will once again triumph in the gameplay stakes against Fifa, but in fairness, its about time that EA got their act together, and this latest breed is going to run Konami very close.

Fifa 09 is garbage, it still does not feel right when controlling the players and its not fun at all.

Even pes 2008 is better and that was shit anyway!

I hope Konami can deliver my first slice of next gen footy this year, or are we going to have to wait another year?

Fifa 09 is garbage, it still does not feel right when controlling the players and its not fun at all.

Even pes 2008 is better and that was shit anyway!

I hope Konami can deliver my first slice of next gen footy this year, or are we going to have to wait another year?

Fair enough.

Last edited:

This is taken from the FIFA demo, uploaded by a mate of mine :

YouTube - Fifa 2009 demo goal

If we're discussing the differences in the games, then we could be arguing for a long time. I'm confident both have upped their game - and lets be fair, they had to. I'll always be a PES buyer, I've bought every version since the catalyst appeared on the SNES.

I'm sure PES 2009 will once again triumph in the gameplay stakes against Fifa, but in fairness, its about time that EA got their act together, and this latest breed is going to run Konami very close.

See the same goal on PES and find the differences :)

YouTube - OUTUBRO - Concurso MGM do ProEvoSoccer.net

BTW it's a Bubaloo's goal.

Cheers

Indeed. Good vid link, mate, appreciated :)

I have to admit, I'm feeling slightly jealous of the array of skills included in FIFA. Just browsing the Gametrailers website on both games. Its going to be a very interesting month or so.

Hi all.

I've been playing the other demo for a while, and it made me realize that it is not the best game out there.

Granted, the demo is a bit unpolished, but still I was hoping for a lot more from FIFA, from what the hype machine has been building and what everyone seems to stampede the PES-supporters with...

I just hope they don't come mocking our running animations again, since their sprinting animation looks like a crawl swimmer this year.

And I didn't find the AI to be all that great, specially the goalkeepers.

Nonetheless, the Dpad does wonders for the game, for all of those who aren't used to playing with the analog stick. Give it a try, honest.

It'll keep you busy for a bit, until the PES demo arrives.

Each to his own.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

I disagree with you, but im not going to argue with you. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I will download the demo and will buy PES 2009 on October 17th but I think that FIFA 09 is superior. :)

I disagree with you, but im not going to argue with you. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I will download the demo and will buy PES 2009 on October 17th but I think that FIFA 09 is superior. :)

Thanks for the respect, my man. :)

As I said, the demo feels unpolished, I am confident that the final game will be better, or at least more polished.

Truth be told, asides from the GK's AI which bothers me a bit, the running animations don't bother me at all, I just mentioned them because many people diss PES's one (which don't bother me either) ;)

Nonetheless, it is the first time I enjoyed a FIFA game in a long while - the Dpad helps me a LOT - but it has still not won me over completely. I'll keep on playing it and we'll see how it turns out.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

You conlude this after playing the game for what, 30 minutes?

Did you all grasp the full scope and magnitude of PES back in the day you played it for the first time after playing it for 30 minutes? Did you master the game in just an hour?

There's no point in trying the FIFA demo if you're looking for PES and playing it like PES. You must unlearn the PES way of Football and learn the FIFA way.

30 min?
bro the first time i made a shot after 20 sec i knew how bad it was,and yes after playing pes/we for 10 years the gameplay is hardcoded into my DNA:) l0l

But i did played 4 serious matches,and its rly not my cup of thee

30 min?
bro the first time i made a shot after 20 sec i knew how bad it was,and yes after playing pes/we for 10 years the gameplay is hardcoded into my DNA:) l0l

But i did played 4 serious matches,and its rly not my cup of thee
:LOL:
Felt I needed to edit, I was laughing at the "not my cup of tea" phrase from a dutch man... As for PES to FIFA it takes weeks and months to switch, but if you're happy with PES why bother...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom