PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Muzza seriously, its not your job to defend PES all the time... in the end of the day its good that they dont, as then its unfair, no varition, different people different tastes.

Played the Fifa 09 demo player vs player, I prefer it a bit to Fifa 08, faster to respond, but I have mixed opinions about it, had to crack up earlier about something crap that happened. But I will play it more... vs the computer this time however.

1. So so scripted.
2. Constant AI cheating
3. No manual passing option
4. Animations from a PS2 Game
5. Does not play like a real football match. Please spare me all the 'the closest thing to the real game' talk as PES is not like real football at all.

Thats just my opinion. I had all the Winning eleven games and J.league versions up until last year. I got bored with the same thing over and over again and from what I have seen nothings changed that much to get me back into the series. An improved PES2008 is not enough for me. I want next gen with new ideas and innovation.

Last edited:

Hi all.

I've been playing the other demo for a while, and it made me realize that it is not the best game out there.

Granted, the demo is a bit unpolished, but still I was hoping for a lot more from FIFA, from what the hype machine has been building and what everyone seems to stampede the PES-supporters with...

I just hope they don't come mocking our running animations again, since their sprinting animation looks like a crawl swimmer this year.

And I didn't find the AI to be all that great, specially the goalkeepers.

Nonetheless, the Dpad does wonders for the game, for all of those who aren't used to playing with the analog stick. Give it a try, honest.

It'll keep you busy for a bit, until the PES demo arrives.

Each to his own.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Gave an honest shot at the Fifa 09 demo on PS3 (played it for several hours). Gameplay did improve a little bit, still lacks total control. Besides that I think the graphics don't look so good as in all the screenshots and trailers. Honestly PES 2008 with all its mistakes is better then Fifa 09. I think PES 2009 is gonna crush it.

Last edited:

I gave the FIFA 09 demo a try and I simply can't understand why people think it's amazing, I don't get it.
Mind you some people liked nextgen PES2008 so anything's possible I suppose.
I'll keep playing FIFA 09 to see if it grows on me but I doubt it, my football game hopes rest with Konami, please don't let me down like last year Seabass.

Gave an honest shot at the Fifa 09 demo on PS3 (played it for several hours). Gameplay did improve a little bit, still lacks total control. Besides that I think the graphics don't look so good as in all the screenshots and trailers. Honestly PES 2008 with all its mistakes is better then Fifa 09. I think PES 2009 is gonna crush it.
i have to laugh at this post because its so unbelievably wrong. :EASY: obviously real football is played like pro evo then? all scripts and dodgy movement?

Muzza seriously, its not your job to defend PES all the time... in the end of the day its good that they dont, as then its unfair, no varition, different people different tastes.

Played the Fifa 09 demo player vs player, I prefer it a bit to Fifa 08, faster to respond, but I have mixed opinions about it, had to crack up earlier about something crap that happened. But I will play it more... vs the computer this time however.

I was genuenly asking why not. In know way shape or form was i defending pes? I was just asking why he wouldnt have pes's gameplay. Simple as. When you read things to yourself you do have to take into consideration tone of voice that people use because to me i didnt say it in any way defensively.

Last edited:

i have to laugh at this post because its so unbelievably wrong. :EASY: obviously real football is played like pro evo then? all scripts and dodgy movement?

That guy couldnt of hit the nail on the head any harder if he tried. Pes 2008 is mildly better than the gameplay of fifa 09. I feel stupid for expecting free flowing football because what you get is predictable old static fifa football with the odd break through the defence. Its a tweaked fifa 08 and nothing more. It just feels enourmasly sluggish and if you brush an opposing player or give them a sniff of the ball they dive in on you and push you off the ball even if your Drogba. All the teams play like eachother and the ball is more lke a balloon than ever. Pes 2009 will crush fifa's gameplay from what ive played and seen no doubt. Its actually not even a contest its just lets see how close fifa can get cos this was ment to be a fantastic game which would convert all pes fans and its a nothing compared to the hype.

I know now that fifa will never be better because this was ment to be their big break and they've got knowhere near.

Last edited:

Just played the FIFA09 demo from PSN.....
man i just have 1 word for the game: FAIL
Lol sry,but its stil nowhere to PES gameplay
other good thing are the player animations.

You conlude this after playing the game for what, 30 minutes?

Did you all grasp the full scope and magnitude of PES back in the day you played it for the first time after playing it for 30 minutes? Did you master the game in just an hour?

There's no point in trying the FIFA demo if you're looking for PES and playing it like PES. You must unlearn the PES way of Football and learn the FIFA way.

I just knew straight away i didnt like it. I wanted to like it and tried but it just simply wasnt that good. Maybe Konami will release online information in a week or two then a week later or somin give us the demo

Last edited:

I just knew straight away i didnt like it. I wanted to like it and tried but it just simply wasnt that good

Thats because your brain is formated to play PES. :)

All I'm saying is it's only worth it if you're willing to really try.

If not, and if you're still in love with PES, well, at least you have one game of footie to play. :)

Seriously muzza, please pack it in, it's getting really annoying now. I know you guys get pissed off when people come in here saying "pes is gay lol" but two wrongs don't make a right, you're like a broken record. You're practically spamming.

Im cleverly doing this. I have thought to myself and remembered the pes hating that this place has undergone and thought "ill do the same to fifa" and what happens when i do, people dont like it. Oh but when its lets have a dig at pes its fine as daisy and everyone can jump in and have a go at it. All im doing is highlighting that people are aloud to say they dislike pes all the time but a few bad fifa comments and its all hands on deck. Im not even close to the crap that was thrown at pes. I was in your possition about 2 weeks ago so i know how annoying its gets when people dont shut up.

I will stop the fifa stuff though. Im boring the hell out of myself seriously. I dont know how pes haters do it.

Last edited:

The problem here is that you are sacraficing the higher ground. Admittedly there are Fifa folks that bait this thread but they're after a reaction, which you're giving them. It's easier to report than to go through this.

I heard that Serie A also won't be licensed too.
Is this true ?
I watched the CL trailer for PES2009 and looked at the license info,
but there wasn't any logo for Serie A. Just only saw "A.C Milan" on the license...

If this is true, this means we'll be losing, Liga and Serie A, which is really shocking.... :(

Well they have 8-10 teams from la Liga and will do the same with Serie A probably. All we really need is the top 8 of each league imo.

I'll have to say this: You people give too much attention to what "PES haters" think!! the game has proved itself to everybody who played it. It has nothing to prove to nobody anymore. I know many people hated PES 2008, I know I did and still do, but that doesn't mean that the game as a franchise is bad. So, if you want to hate it, hate it, you're the one who's losing on the fun that is Winning eleven/PES.

There are so many great games there. I'm not going to lose my trust in the franchise because of one bad game.

I'll have to say this: You people give too much attention to what "PES haters" think!! the game has proved itself to everybody who played it. It has nothing to prove to nobody anymore. I know many people hated PES 2008, I know I did and still do, but that doesn't mean that the game as a franchise is bad. So, if you want to hate it, hate it, you're the one who's losing on the fun that is Winning eleven/PES.

There are so many great games there. I'm not going to lose my trust in the franchise because of one bad game.

:-!:-!

u dont wanna face the truth !! Seabass really disappoint us with his same old school PES Fifa doing great and its wonderful game if u really love Football and love PES so u have to admit that FIFA way better now so konami must listen to the fans and do what we like not what do they !! since PES6 and konami forget about the fans and go backward not forward with removing things from the game - no real nextgen - online problems - licensing problems and much more my heart will hearts me if i want to think about them plus that we keep give konami our trust and buy the game so plz stop complain about fifa and give it a life

Well they have 8-10 teams from la Liga and will do the same with Serie A probably. All we really need is the top 8 of each league imo.

idont think so..i didnt heard anything that konami lost SERIE A license, thats one license konami has for a while and EA doesnt, EA has only individual contracts with some teams from the serie A(most of the teams actually) but konami has the Serie A rights, thats why u see the Serie A logo on PES and not on FIFA

with a large edit mode, I think we'll be ok if some teams aren't licensed. One thing that has me worried about this game is the automatic dribbles. I don't like anything automatic that i'm not in control of. I hope this dribbles are executed properly and at the right moment. We shall see.

u dont wanna face the truth !! Seabass really disappoint us with his same old school PES Fifa doing great and its wonderful game if u really love Football and love PES so u have to admit that FIFA way better now so konami must listen to the fans and do what we like not what do they !! since PES6 and konami forget about the fans and go backward not forward with removing things from the game - no real nextgen - online problems - licensing problems and much more my heart will hearts me if i want to think about them plus that we keep give konami our trust and buy the game so plz stop complain about fifa and give it a life

Agreed with what you said, but in my opinion EA are still far behind Konami in terms of gameplay. They haven't nailed it but I do give them much credit for all their improvements.

Agreed with what you said, but in my opinion EA are still far behind Konami in terms of gameplay. They haven't nailed it but I do give them much credit for all their improvements.

beleive me the gameplay in FIFA much better then PES2008 its real football u can feel it !! PES2008 its cartoony soccer game with cheatting AI and Robatic runs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom