PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

I just checked and re-checked the name of the topic, after reading all those things about FIFA. Moderators, in stead of joining that discussion you should take care that people stay on topic ;)
I am happy to see that a growing number of people return to PES this year.
I think that is deserved as many things are so much better in PES 2009, compared to PES 2008.

im a still a bit peeved due to the fact that KONAMI can't put a simple licensed cup competition mode in the PS2/PSP(the Champions League that is) now they've finally gotten the license, seriously what kind of excuse have they got for this? Can't be due to hardware limitations, just pure lazyness.....

Last edited:

Guys, if you want to share your feelings about the FIFA demo, please do it in our FIFA forum area. You're free to compare both demos here once a demo of PES arrives, but until then, please keep FIFA-only demo related talk out of this thread as all it does is stirring up reactions we don't want to have in here.

Ignoring this advice will lead to your replies being deleted on sight from now on. Thanks a lot!

Just watched the CL trailer on a widescreen LCD and it does look good. They've certainly improved the lighting on the balls/boots. I think the kit textures could be better.

I've been playing the FIFA demo for quite a few hours and it is definitely going to be a tall order for Konami to beat it. Anyone who understands football can instantly see that it's a fantastic representation of the game. Takes some getting used to but if Konami fail to deliver this year, they've lost a long time customer.

About the CL not making it to PSP and PS2, I don't think it is technical limitations, more like throughput limitations.

For instance, last year, the PSP version of FIFA didn't have the Be a Pro mode either, and this year seems to have it (at least the DS one).

These things come up at a later development stage, and then you have two choices:

1 - You put the mode in at a last minute stage, and risk breaking the game;
2 - You delay the release date and put the mode in;
3 - You don't put the mode in.

After all, it's not just a simple competition, mind you. There's lots of assets to be created, such as stadiums - which cannot be re-used from the next-gen versions, according to Seabass last year.

Nonetheless, what I'll be pissed off about is if the Become a Legend mode doesn't make it somehow to the PS2 version, because they have had the mode already on the PS2 version of Winning Eleven for the past 2 years!

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

I just checked and re-checked the name of the topic, after reading all those things about FIFA. Moderators, in stead of joining that discussion you should take care that people stay on topic ;)
I am happy to see that a growing number of people return to PES this year.
I think that is deserved as many things are so much better in PES 2009, compared to PES 2008.
How do you know??

Anyway, the CL trailer doesn't have the serie A logo but it does say indeed "officially licensed by FIGC and AIC", which are the Italian FA and the Italian footballers association.

Maybe Konami are finally putting the PS3, 360 and PC ahead of the PS2.

Don't suppose the CL license will encompass all the teams competing in this years competion? (correct names, strips etc)

im a still a bit peeved due to the fact that KONAMI can't put a simple licensed cup competition mode in the PS2/PSP(the Champions League that is) now they've finally gotten the license, seriously what kind of excuse have they got for this? Can't be due to hardware limitations, just pure lazyness.....

Sorry guys but if you still haven't upgraded to the next-gen consoles, you only have yourselves to blame. You're lucky they are even making PES 2009 on the PS2!! Go out and get a PS3 before Oct 17th, that's my advice! :DD

I really am anticipating this game. The Demo seems far off, but if it will take Konami this long to make some fixes and upload a more up to date version, then by all means take your time Konami. ;-)

I took that picture myself while on holiday in south-western France.
Espinas is a tiny litle village with 168 inhabitants somewhere in the middle of (a beautifull) nowhere between Montauban and Albi, some 100 km's north of Toulouse.
Alright, hope you enjoyed yourself.

I really am anticipating this game. The Demo seems far off, but if it will take Konami this long to make some fixes and upload a more up to date version, then by all means take your time Konami. ;-)

im right there with u....
maybe its noonsese but i have a good feeling about this one...nevertheless im sure ill be pleased since i quite like pes2008 now.(got used to it)

How do you know??
Come on, what kind of reaction is this in a topic where all criticasters base their critics on the same basis as I make my comments. Just by looking at all things coming to us from all sources. Video's, text, screenshot's etc.
Oh well, I am a fool to go into this :DOH:

That's my point exactly. Having loads of player make it harder to reflect their real behaviour.

In this point I agree with you. ML should have a more realistic structure. For me what keeps me going back to the game is playing online and with friends. AI could be great but it's not human. But as I said that's just me.

The thing is, I'm not asking Konami to do it, I'm suggesting we do it ourselves, but just having the option to set all those players up if we want to. There's probably a bigger picture about something like voting online for player skill ratings and problems with biased idiots messing up the scores so on, but that's far more advanced that just having empty slots to fill with players and teams and Konami are nowhere near that degree of integration anyway.

Sure there will be problems getting accurate data for every player, etc. but at least they will then be in the game AND you'd be able to change them yourself if you want to. Personally I think creating a local league I play in or something like that would be great fun (I've done it before), and it's not like I'd even have stats on the other teams or players, probably not even their names, but it would still be enjoyable.

There's an obvious general issue with playing online with created players, but that isn't affected by how MANY created players there are, even 1 gives the opportunity to "cheat", so it's simply a matter of creating the "edited" teams as non-ranking matches.

I actually only play one season using Prem teams, or the International Cup, or online (PES6 on 360) when we did our own League basically via an online Forum thanks to Konami's shortcomings, which are many.

Of course, if they get the gameplay and editing right I'm happy enough with individual matches sometimes.

Last edited:

This is rubbish. The game (in terms of processing power) doesn't give a shit if there's 2 teams in the game or 20,000. It will run the same regardless, since it only has to worry about 22 players at a time.

If you're talking about not having accurate stats for players because there are too many players, then you're sort of right. If they increase the number of teams to say 500 (a reasonable number), then there will likely be a bunch of guys on small teams with completely messed up or even random stats. I (and probably many others) would be ecstatic if they did that. Besides, you can always change the stats in order to make the player play like their real-life counterpart later (and with the help of a huge editing community). I mean, if Konami were really progressive, they would fully embrace the editing communities help and implement their work into the game via DLC. Nothing's better than free labor.

The reason Konami don't have every team in the world in the game (or at least as many as in FM), is that Seabass's team is far too small to handle kits, formations, players, transfers, stats, etc. for that many teams. In fact, they can't even handle the work load for the amount of teams they have now.

The glimmer of hope was several years ago when Konami announced that they signed a parternship with the makers of FM to use their stats and database in WE. The perfect solution. However, it seems Seabass did fuck all with that. And here we are, today, with the same pathetic number of teams and unrealistic career mode. The fact that with each successive version of the game, a team is dropped in order for another to make an appearance wreaks of pure laziness in not wanted to bother to change the structure of the game (to be honest, entire structure of the game could be changed with a day's amount of work). Ask yourself, why would they swap one team for another instead of ADDING the new team and grow the database?

What he said. And I'd personally do the research to have it happen, if they met my current (modest) wages !

Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours (No FIFA demo discussions in here!)

Several posts have just been deleted; if the original posters wonder why, please see the newly adjusted thread title (i.e. NO FIFA DEMO DISCUSSIONS IN HERE). It will be nice to see the thread focus on PES again.

Can someone (for example a GC Leipzig-visiter) please tell me if there are difference between PES2009 on the 360 and PS3, like for example i've expierenced with the OTHER demo?

OTHER... :LOL: It's a dirty word now...

Well, the mod just didn't want to look in my earlier post that i was asking about PES as I only used the OTHER demo to explain the expierences that i have to compair.
But as i have more things to do and the policy on this forum is a bit strange (and big brother is watching you), i'll puted my energie in other things, and just refrased the question in a thru right on PES-question.

Can someone (for example a GC Leipzig-visiter) please tell me if there are difference between PES2009 on the 360 and PS3, like for example i've expierenced with the OTHER demo?

thats a simple one for me :playstation, cuz the controller is also hardcoded into my DNA :)

thats a simple one for me :playstation, cuz the controller is also hardcoded into my DNA :)

that's exactly my thing BUT: if 360 is much better on graphics, framerate and Online, well i will learn the 360 controler, believe me.

Sorry guys but if you still haven't upgraded to the next-gen consoles, you only have yourselves to blame. You're lucky they are even making PES 2009 on the PS2!! Go out and get a PS3 before Oct 17th, that's my advice! :DD

I already got a decent PC to play it on, I can also play the 360 ver(and FIFA next-gen) at my mate's house, its the fact that they won't have the mode on PSP is what pisses me off. Its just a tournament with licenses and some other offical CL stuff, nothing to do with being next gen or not.

that's exactly my thing BUT: if 360 is much better on graphics, framerate and Online, well i will learn the 360 controler, believe me.

How did you arrive to that conclusion?

X360 also has framerate problems and some games look better at 360 and some others at PS3. The only real FACT you have is the online, which clearly is better in 360, but at a price (monthly fee).

It is interesting that when some people said that the OTHER demo is not impressing them, some guys appear to say "you dont know about football" or similar comments. Opinions, buddies.

I hate the unarguably fact that the players are so similar. It is a good game, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom