PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (NO FIFA DEMO DISCUSSION - POSTS WILL BE DELET

It is impressing though, the only people that aren't impressed by it are twelve year old kids on the EA forums who don't like the fact they can't run round an entire team with Ronaldinho.

I look at a high tempo, fast paced Arsenal v Blackburn match today and think mmmmmmm? Is Pes's gameplay similar to that game or is Fifa's? Pes's completely and utterly is like the modern game.

Example look at a couple of occasions when Liverpool counter attacked Man Utd today and it look faster/the same as the game speed gameplay we see in the CL trailor.

Last edited:
Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (NO FIFA DEMO DISCUSSION - POSTS WILL BE DELET

What scares me is that they could put so much effort into this mode and not put enough effort into refining the game play. To be honest a month implementing this CL mode is a month they could have spent building the early stages of their currently non-existent next-gen engine.

Trying to play catch up with FIFA in terms of licenses is a losing battle, they would be best served trying to play catch up in terms of gameplay because otherwise the gap is going to become insurmountable (if it isn't already). If you don't understand what the gap is I'm referring to well....you've got one game with customisable, modifiable full manual control (almost all 360 movement) and one game (PES) stuck in rigid, 8 directional robot mode.

Having said that, at least it's something mildly positive for PES because so far there has been nothing, from the loss of licenses, the dismal showing at Leipzig, so on and so forth. At the end of the day though they are just doing this to make their product more profitable, which doesn't impress me at all. What would impress me is if they try to make PES a simulation again.
Exactly, that's a quality post and explains why I am so pissed off with where Konami are heading with PES.

They will go around chasing the licenses they can get (such as some of the national teams and the CL) but won't give us something way more important than licenses in proper next-gen gameplay.

Just because PES was renowned for it's gameplay, it doesn't mean it is still good enough after so many years of virtually the same thing.

hey men.....did you see this video of pes 2009?? i post it again

It looked quite good and alot better than fifa. Where you trying to slate pes or big it up? Looks like there alot going on off the ball in terms of runs and movement.

Muzza has now been banned for seven days. Enjoy the peace while it lasts.

Anybody else who harps on about how much they love or hate FIFA, in the PES thread, will go the same way.

In-case you don't realise there is a FIFA section on Evo-Web... HERE IT IS.

Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (NO FIFA DEMO DISCUSSION - YOU *WILL* GET BANN

The PES2009 video bears fuck-all resemblance to the Liverpool vs Man Utd clip.

Muzza is in a dreamworld.

Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (NO FIFA DEMO DISCUSSION - YOU *WILL* GET BANN

I can see where he's coming from in fairness, it's fast and the passing is deadly accurate. I've said for a while, I can understand why people still like PES despite the flaws of PES2008; some feel PES is too automatic an does everything for you in comparison to other games (which is how I feel), but some will say, "football is automatic to the best players, so it should be automatic in the game".

The only thing that really stands out as a big difference for me is the animation, which is horribly "jerky" and strange. If Konami could nail the animations the game would look so much better.

The animation is where his point fell flat on it's face in my opinion. PES looks so stiff and visibly 8-directional. Fifa (sorry!) feels free and actually looks like a real football game in action. PES just looks like a game.

And a horribly last-gen one at that.

PES needs a new game engine, Its that simple. If Konami can manage to release a new game engine for 2010 then happy days even if it turns out crap as we now it will take time for them to fine tune that engine but im sure with the current technology Konami can make a good game of football again.

for me if pes had a power bar for passing, crossing and heading it would realy make the game alot better and rewarding for the players that play the game alot , as it will distinguish good players from average ones and help make it's gameplay more of a simulation.

When is the demo getting released?

We're talking about the FIFA demo again guys, there is a FIFA demo impressions thread...

(I'm fighting a lost cause aren't I, it's so tempting to close the thread)

So that people know, comparing certain bits is fine; it's when a post purely consists of things you like or don't like about the FIFA demo, or "FIFA is shit because/FIFA is great because"... They are your impressions of FIFA, and there is a FIFA impressions thread.

I'm sorry if it seems extremely strict but it has to be, trying to read about PES in here since the FIFA demo has been released is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

new video from a beta??? Milan against inter

YouTube - PES2009 PT press preview 10/9/2008

the online think that i dont like, is the fact that still are there the nets of pes 2008

fuck

PS: here you have calcio

Serie A confirmation in beta

82802669pu5.jpg

Last edited:
Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (STRICTLY NO FIFA DEMO DISCUSSION)

I thought you said all of the betas still had the Italian teams licensed Thomas, would this show to the press not use the same betas? ( Genuine question :) )

Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (STRICTLY NO FIFA DEMO DISCUSSION)

I thought you said all of the betas still had the Italian teams licensed Thomas, would this show to the press not use the same betas? ( Genuine question :) )
Yes and this video confirm what i says (Genuine answer) ;)

Re: PES 2009 News Discussion & Rumours (STRICTLY NO FIFA DEMO IMPRESSIONS)

It becomes ever so evident that fans of one series will stay on one side and players of the other series will stay on their side...doesn't seem many will crossover this year. Anybody have an update on the PES demo?

This thread is now a joke. Banning people for talking about Fifa is fine, but if you ban one, you'll have to ban about 12 people. And all of this petty arguing is pathetic, i've had Rob92 being very childish with me in the past but at least he had the decency to admit it and apologise. He's ok really lads...

As for PES2009 (the subject of the thread), i hope the replays are as long as the ones in PES2008, that was the only thing i was happy with in last year's 'effort' PES6 and previous installments' replays were too short.

The long replays enabled you to see and save any of the great passing moves or skill leading up to a goal, without recording the whole game on Fraps.

I just checked on the showthread and judging by when the replay starts on the shot going over the bar in this clip......i'll be happy. It would have showed a fair bit of build up play.

Gametrailers.com - Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 - GC 2008: Football Match Gameplay (cam)

Last edited:

Sorry but that's not a good evidence...
That's last year Inter's kit...
This year Inter has got blak shorts and golden "Pirelli"...:((

damn thats true:(
and why there is stil no official seri a logo in the CL trailer?

Also, i'd just like to say, I find that on here, the average age (well, mental age/capacity anyway) of people who prefer FIFA over PES seems a lot higher than that of the people who prefer PES over FIFA. They also seem to know their football better. Just an observation I have made in my time on the forums, don't bash me for it.

What a load of bollocks, it seems like yer one of them people who don't seem to have the mental age/capacity to know that it is absolutely wrong to generalize people based on a few dodgy posts.

Back on topic:
I realize if the achievements listed in the other thread are accurate, then there surely must be CL implemented in at least BAL.

UEFA Champions League Debut
A title awarded when you play for the first time in UEFA Champions League. 10

Through the Group League
A title awarded when you advance through the group league in UEFA Champions League. 15

European Champions
A title awarded when you win the UEFA Champions League. 50

The new video isn't exactly showing me much. Why are there so view gameplay videos coming through?

What a load of bollocks, it seems like yer one of them people who don't seem to have the mental age/capacity to know that it is absolutely wrong to generalize people based on a few dodgy posts.

Back on topic:
I realize if the achievements listed in the other thread are accurate, then there surely must be CL implemented in at least BAL.

Through the Group League
A title awarded when you advance through the group league in UEFA Champions League. 15

European Champions
A title awarded when you win the UEFA Champions League. 50

I think it's exactly the opposite:

pay your attention to this achievement:

Conquered Europe
A title awarded when you win the Master League European Championship. 20

pretty clear IMO

I am compelled to correct one thing about Fifa (sorry, it's the last time)
There are only 8 possibles directions when the player have the ball...

360 degrees directions are only possible when the player doesn't have the ball, manual passing, and long dribble (when the player push off the ball)
In PES the 8 directions without the ball (super-cancel or defending) isn't a problem because the CPU assist in a certain way the player like when you make a pressing, and it follows the movement of the ball naturally...

The fluid and many animations in Fifa and the steepness in PES gives that impression, but do not mistake...
I like both games, for me in PES In EP the important is the timing, the instinct and a sharper representation of stats

And Fifa is based on the precision, the analogy, A general physics very pushed to the detriment of stats tecniques and tactics

Conquered Europe

pretty clear IMO

thats why I question if the list is indeed accurate. Its really confusing since it mentions both CL and ML European Championship in achievements which should be for either ML or BAL.

I can't imagine that this achievement,

Will be granted simply once you enter CL mode(if it is believed to be a separate mode) and play a match for the first time.

It should be for BAL. But whether it is indeed the licensed CL or not is unknown.

The deleting of posts is hurting my brane.

But yeah, the previews and stuff we've heard from so far seem to indicate that the game plays like it used to, which I interpret as a scarily realistic game of football.

The best bit for me so far is that 2008 is looking more and more like a one off. I want to play the game that those folks who gave it 97% did.

Conquered Europe

pretty clear IMO

And, if they intend to say UEFA cup, not Champion's league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom