PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Correct...They have waited to see what FIFA is like and either:

A) Shit themselves because its so fucking good and decided not to release the demo until people have bought it

B) Downloaded the FIFA demo and havent got round to releasing PES 2009 because they are hooked on it

C) All of the above

The fifa demo is nothing special by no stretch of the imagination

It would seem pretty daft to have a CL license and not at least use the CL trophy in ML mode.

I don't play ML, and I don't really even have an understanding of the structure cos I just flat out don't like the mode, but it would seem logical for one of the tournaments to be "real" in an ongoing "season" type mode.

As for Muzza's "top 300" on PES2008, I'm surprised that many people bothered to try the online mode more than twice.

Well by all accounts its going to be the best offering for another 12 months..To be fair if PES fans are going to compare with PES 2008 then its going to better cause that was a pile of shit (and ive bought all PES&ISS including PES 08 since nintendo 64 days). Unless they have produced something amazing like they used to be then I will refuse to buy on the back of they do not developed, invest or listen to customer feedback as much as EA have done. My choice I know

It would seem pretty daft to have a CL license and not at least use the CL trophy in ML mode.

I don't play ML, and I don't really even have an understanding of the structure cos I just flat out don't like the mode, but it would seem logical for one of the tournaments to be "real" in an ongoing "season" type mode.

As for Muzza's "top 300" on PES2008, I'm surprised that many people bothered to try the online mode more than twice.

If I'm honest I'm hoping the CL licence will spur Konami and SB to add realism to PES and implement a real European league structure. Otherwise it will only work as a stand alone comp...

Oh dear..... :LOL:

Have you played it? I've played it quite alot and im tired of it already. One of the main points about it not being as good as pes is that alot of people say every team is as good as eachother and its so true for fifa 09. Nothing has changed team wise. They all attack the same and defend the same and ive played atleast twice against each team on the demo. The annimations are fantastic though, especially tackling and slide tackles but until they make each team have a different feel to them graphics and annimations will only get you so far.

I thought it was PSV Eindhoven who lifted the cup at the end

It's definitely either PES or WE Utd and I think it's PES Utd in the red, Romaldinho being in the squad is one of the things that winds me up about PES' Master League fakeness.

The only use for PES and WE United ended for me when we got the 20 empty slots in lieu of the Bundesliga.

What I want NOW is the opportunity to create teams in 1200 empty slots to get teams from all of Europe's leagues and some others into the game and decide who plays whom and when in a Season/Career Create mode.

Hell, Sensible World Of Soccer managed it with 1000th of the memory, all you have to do is take the Sensi Career mode and bolt the (last good) PES match code and PES editor on the back of it!

Champions League shouldn't be implemented into ML until Konami give us a proper league structure.

Im sick to death of this crappy "super league" structure that we have been provided with for so many games now.

It may sound like alot of work but i think that Konami needs to add Every league in the fifa confederation.

Even if a majority of these leagues are unlicensed it won't matter as long as they are FULLLY customizable, adding these other leagues as actives leagues in master league would add so much more to master league competitions aswell as global transfers, because sometimes players come from teams and leagues that aren't featured on PES games, so it means that we have to create that player and league just to keep things up to date. But if all of the domestic leagues in the world are on the game whether they are licensed or unlicensed this would only be a thing of the past.

Champions League shouldn't be implemented into ML until Konami give us a proper league structure.

Im sick to death of this crappy "super league" structure that we have been provided with for so many games now.

It may sound like alot of work but i think that Konami needs to add Every league in the fifa confederation.

Even if a majority of these leagues are unlicensed it won't matter as long as they are FULLLY customizable, adding these other leagues as actives leagues in master league would add so much more to master league competitions aswell as global transfers, because sometimes players come from teams and leagues that aren't featured on PES games, so it means that we have to create that player and league just to keep things up to date. But if all of the domestic leagues in the world are on the game whether they are licensed or unlicensed this would only be a thing of the past.

You guys want every player to react differently (as I do) and you want 1 million players in the game. It would take forever and a lot of memory to code the AI of such an amount of players. Maybe that's why Fifa 2008 doesn't have the same feeling, because they concentrate on those things.

All I want is great gameplay and great online mode, but that's just me. I play mostly with friends and online (if its no crappy like last year) and we only need 10/15 teams to choose from and an updated roaster and real stats.

Cheers

I totally agree with the option to add sufficient teams and leagues. The edit mode needs some cross-referencing spreadsheet-type options too so you can rank and rate players compared to each other easily without then having to copy it off whatever you might have used on your PC into the console game via joypad !

Like I said, I'm not au fait with the ML structure, though I've read stuff about the unrealistic league setup. As soon as you can play a single country's season where the top sides at the end are in "europe" and then you get a different set of fixtures inc CL games (and the UEFA Cup which must be so much cheaper to license) the next year, I'll be there in ML mode trying to make it matter to me.

You guys want every player to react differently (as I do) and you want 1 million players in the game. It would take forever and a lot of memory to code the AI of such an amount of players. Maybe that's why Fifa 2008 doesn't have the same feeling, because they concentrate on those things.

All I want is great gameplay and great online mode, but that's just me. I play mostly with friends and online (if its no crappy like last year) and we only need 10/15 teams to choose from and an updated roaster and real stats.

Cheers

But you only need to worry about 22 players at a time, the rest can just sit in the background until requested. PES2008 was only about 2Gb of the 8Gb DVD wasn't it, and Football Manager can process all that stuff comfortably enough? Not to mention that there's now an online community more than happy to fill in the gaps for every little team anywhere.

FIFA"xx" certainly doesn't use the stats to reflect the abilities of the players in the majority of cases, it's the game's most obvious flaw.

Equally of course you can have a great time with a few mates and a few teams, but why not give me the option of creating leagues and teams that I want AND have the thing last more than a few games ?

To be honest I want a way of creating every kit ever worn in the edit mode as well, but it's not like that's not possible with a few more layer combinations and a little bit of research anyway. And in case you're watching Konami, yes I would do it on my own, working 365/24/7, but I want my mortgage, bills and Saints season ticket covered and then we'll talk. ;)

Last edited:

I downloaded Fifa09 demo from Xbox MP in the morning and played about 30 matches so far, well funny little thing but it has some good things in it, f.e.
players collisions are great , but I dont like the rest very much, I need to see PES 09 demo so I can compar those two games.

I totally agree with the option to add sufficient teams and leagues. The edit mode needs some cross-referencing spreadsheet-type options too so you can rank and rate players compared to each other easily without then having to copy it off whatever you might have used on your PC into the console game via joypad !

Like I said, I'm not au fait with the ML structure, though I've read stuff about the unrealistic league setup. As soon as you can play a single country's season where the top sides at the end are in "europe" and then you get a different set of fixtures inc CL games (and the UEFA Cup which must be so much cheaper to license) the next year, I'll be there in ML mode trying to make it matter to me.

The funny thing about this though is that i remember reading something about Konami providing a stucture like this in last years version of Winning Eleven.

I saw something about this in one of the Winning Eleven threads on this site.

If anyone could find that thread it would be much appreciated.

Gosh darn that Champions League trailer is something awesome.

Now my interest is rising like the days of old. It's been quite a good few days actually.

FIFA"xx" certainly doesn't use the stats to reflect the abilities of the players in the majority of cases, it's the game's most obvious flaw.

That's my point exactly. Having loads of player make it harder to reflect their real behaviour.

Equally of course you can have a great time with a few mates and a few teams, but why not give me the option of creating leagues and teams that I want AND have the thing last more than a few games ?

In this point I agree with you. ML should have a more realistic structure. For me what keeps me going back to the game is playing online and with friends. AI could be great but it's not human. But as I said that's just me.

will there be 3rd kits because if liverpool play away in the champions league they wont wear the grey away they'll were the green euro one?

That's my point exactly. Having loads of player make it harder to reflect their real behaviour.

This is rubbish. The game (in terms of processing power) doesn't give a shit if there's 2 teams in the game or 20,000. It will run the same regardless, since it only has to worry about 22 players at a time.

If you're talking about not having accurate stats for players because there are too many players, then you're sort of right. If they increase the number of teams to say 500 (a reasonable number), then there will likely be a bunch of guys on small teams with completely messed up or even random stats. I (and probably many others) would be ecstatic if they did that. Besides, you can always change the stats in order to make the player play like their real-life counterpart later (and with the help of a huge editing community). I mean, if Konami were really progressive, they would fully embrace the editing communities help and implement their work into the game via DLC. Nothing's better than free labor.

The reason Konami don't have every team in the world in the game (or at least as many as in FM), is that Seabass's team is far too small to handle kits, formations, players, transfers, stats, etc. for that many teams. In fact, they can't even handle the work load for the amount of teams they have now.

The glimmer of hope was several years ago when Konami announced that they signed a parternship with the makers of FM to use their stats and database in WE. The perfect solution. However, it seems Seabass did fuck all with that. And here we are, today, with the same pathetic number of teams and unrealistic career mode. The fact that with each successive version of the game, a team is dropped in order for another to make an appearance wreaks of pure lazyness in not wanted to bother to change the structure of the game (to be honest, entire structure of the game could be changed with a day's amount of work). Ask yourself, why would they swap one team for another instead of ADDING the new team and grow the database?

You guys want every player to react differently (as I do) and you want 1 million players in the game. It would take forever and a lot of memory to code the AI of such an amount of players.

Maybe that's why Fifa 2008 doesn't have the same feeling, because they concentrate on those things.

This can be achieved if they work on the big names by giving them individual skills and manerisms. as we know konami already boosts the big name players stats to the high heavens.

well instead of doing this they could make every one of the big names like beckham, ronaldo, etc, play like they do in real life.

Im not sure what to make of the whole number of players argument as manager games and fifa games have more players than pes.

But you see this why the series isn't evolving because people keep saying all i want is good gameplay. this is why konami only work on the gameplay while most everything else in the game get
overlooked.

I mean don't get my wrong gameplay is important but there are other areas of the game that need attention aswell.

for example the online mode needs attention as this year fifa 2009 is going to have 10 vs 10 online, while pes is only allowing you play 2 vs 2 online.
now im not saying that 10 vs 10 online will be any good as it may end up being one big cluster####. but you have to give ea credit for trying out new things with their online mode as they know that this is one area that konami can't compete with them in.

and this year in addition to 10 vs 10 online theyv'e also provided these two things.

Adidas Live Season
On August 20, EA unveiled the new Adidas Live Season feature that will dynamically update player form and attributes in-game based on the player's last game to reflect real-world ups and downs. Live Season is a premium service that will be available on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC and
covers six leagues--Barclay’s Premier League, La Liga BBVA, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A and Mexican Primera Division. Though the full version will cost subscribers a currently-undisclosed fee, EA stated that gamers will have access to one league of their choice as a free trial that
is set to run from the moment they activate the service to the end of the 2008-2009 season. If gamers choose, they can unsubscribe from the service at any time and reset players' form to default status.

FIFA 09 "Clubs"
On September 10, EA unveiled the new online game mode for consoles Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, called FIFA 09 "Clubs". Through FIFA 09 Clubs, gamers can form or join clubs and field their strongest team when competing in Be A Pro: 10 v 10 Online Team Play.
FIFA 09 Clubs will also determine the best virtual team in the world. Clubs will be ranked and placed in a division. Clubs are relegated and promoted to different divisions based on their
performance during the season. FIFA 09 Clubs will also feature special Club Managers to scout rival players and then recruit them to join their club.

If you're talking about not having accurate stats for players because there are too many players, then you're sort of right. If they increase the number of teams to say 500 (a reasonable number), then there will likely be a bunch of guys on small teams with completely messed up or even random stats.

That's what I meant but not only that. Nowadays players move, run and shoot differently. If you increase the number of players you would need to create different kind of running styles, faces, shooting type, etc, for them too. Or you will end up with a whole lot of players exactly the same but with different names and stats.

I would love to have a licensed Portuguese League in the game, but if in order to have superior gameplay I have to sacrifice that so be it.

Cheers

Or you will end up with a whole lot of players exactly the same but with different names and stats.

Cheers

I'm confused. For me, the reason WE has been so great is that the stats are vital to how the player behaves on the field (I feel, this is where FIFA lets me and many others down) and are capable of making a very realistic version of any player in the world (if you know exactly what each (poorly) translated attribute means and does). Change the stats, change the player. Two players with different stats will definitely not be "exactly the same".

As far as the extras, like running styles, shooting styles, untucked shirts;), etc., this is the icing on the cake. Konami in the past has shown glimpses of attention to detail when it comes to things like this. Let's hope that they implement what they've done in the past into PES2009 and expand upon it (20 running styles, 20 shooting styles, etc).

EDIT:
You do realize that disc capacity is not the issue here, right? The game is on a freakin' Blu-Ray disc. Even if you had thousands of "face" styles or running styles or whatever, it would hardly even make a dent on the disc. Besides, what they should do is enable us to partially install the game on our hard drives and upload .jps for every player in the game.

Last edited:

Correct...They have waited to see what FIFA is like and either:

A) Shit themselves because its so fucking good and decided not to release the demo until people have bought it

B) Downloaded the FIFA demo and havent got round to releasing PES 2009 because they are hooked on it

C) All of the above
you just hit the spot lol:LOL:

will there be 3rd kits because if liverpool play away in the champions league they wont wear the grey away they'll were the green euro one?

Pes imo has fifa on gameplay from what ive seen of pes and played of fifa but fifa has pes on multiplayer and modes. 10v10 especially

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom