PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

if you have the license...why not follow the rules? uefa kit rules are clearly defined in a document EVERYBODY can download and read. it includes no second sponsor, smaller main sponsor, no sleeve logos, only the starball.

why can't they just implent this? playing sporting vs. marseille in cl with marseille featuring their back sponsor and sporting their league sponsor it just does not feel right :(

This probably means that we won't get different Kits for different competitions. I would also hate to play in ML with the CL logos on the sleeves. Let's hope this doesn't means we will be playing with North London in the CL mode (Gamespot said this could happen, but maybe just based on the trailer). The fact is we don't see any of the teams that wans't licensed last year on the trailer. And why would they mention the addition of M Utd and Liverpool if every team in the CL will be licensed? I'm guessing they only bouoght the license for the competition it self and not the participating teams.

Cross your fingers...

Cheers

Konami actually have the CL, good stuff.
Thank God it's a four year deal though, because I'm not sure PES2009 will be that great.

Thats funny. Its the first fifa thing i actualy said compared to to the hundreds of others non stop rambling on how its going to be better than Pes.

I don't mean to judge cause it's not my role at all but if someone does something stupid in here,you don't necessarily have to do the same .
I apologise if i offended you

Just played the fifa demo and was impressed. For the first 4 minutes. It was looking and feeling great with some brilliant moments and then it felt like fifa alright. My dig at fifa is just that you hardly ever flipping beat your man in fifa. You run towards him or near him and they'll get the ball off you befor you can say hotdog. It so hard to just keep possesion. Several times i just wanted to simply knock the ball around but there's no space for any of my players and they barely make a single run. Shooting is annoying because it goes over everytime i tap shoot.

The only thing that would make this worth buying is the fact that there is 10v10 which would be imense if the pitch wasnt the size on an atom.

Oh and all teams play exactly like eachother as in previous games if not worse. I beat chelsea and drew against R. madrid only to then loose 3 times in a row to torronto FC ffs. Dont say it was me becuase it wasnt. Viva la pes

Could it be that you don't know how to play football properly?:THINK:

it feels like we're at playground when people here like to gang up on other people, if u don't like their post just don't bother replying, keep it on topic.
We've got massive PES news here released, yet u guys seem to enjoy indulging in this crapulence.

Muzza, stop offending yourself with your own stupidity.

Go back to school.

chriscrocker said:
I dont think that really proves you know how to play football *sniggers*

What an annoying little twerp this fellow is.

jamezinho said:
Could it be that you don't know how to play football properly?

This is not necessary. Everyone is entitled to his own view, and you have to respect their opinions.

The act of saying that they are stupid is simply inappropriate.

The comment about not knowing how to paly football properly is funny, even though it is not supposed to bear any relevance to this topic. I know many people who played PES and FIFA08 like gods, how didn't know how to play football properly because of physical inaptitudes or simply interests in other sports.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

ive hardly said anything that bold or stupid to get this kind of abuse. What did i do? I said about some problems about the fifa demo which i didnt like which i think is fine compared with what alot of you say about pes and i said twice how i liked the demo and would buy it. Then i get turned on and have to defend myself about 20 times over nothing.

Last edited:

cheers Paulo,

back on topic, now that the news of the CL have come out, ya think KONAMI would bother releasing a demo? I mean, if its the same build as Leipzig, then they shouldn't bother, IMO.

i was in the top 300 players on pes 2008 for ages.

Did 300 people finally played pes 2008 at the end? Konami must be glad, that shows the game is perfect as it is, why change it?

If you had put a little more effort, you could have slipped to 299.

By the way, don't question my football skills, I was world's number 3.456 in Qbert in 1994.

The comment about not knowing how to paly football properly is funny, even though it is not supposed to bear any relevance to this topic. I know many people who played PES and FIFA08 like gods, how didn't know how to play football properly because of physical inaptitudes or simply interests in other sports.

I didn't mean he can't play football in the literal sense, my comment was made in the gaming sense. If you try and play Fifa09 in the manner you play PES2008 then of course you may not like the demo. You can't just run past people in real life, you don't always find yourself in acres of space in real football (more the reverse of this), shooting requires a deft touch. This is reflected in Fifa 09, but maybe not so in PES2008.

I don't think Konami will bring out a demo today.

I'm actually hoping that their demo uses the CL licenses... Would be interesting, wouldn't it? :) Instead of the Leipzig demo, we'd get a more recent game with a completely different ambience.

Let's wait and see... Nonetheless, only 5 weeks to go, so probably the demo will be up in 2 weeks.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

I didn't mean he can't play football in the literal sense, my comment was made in the gaming sense. If you try and play Fifa09 in the manner you play PES2008 then of course you may not like the demo. You can't just run past people in real life, you don't always find yourself in acres of space in real football (more the reverse of this), shooting requires a deft touch. This is reflected in Fifa 09, but maybe not so in PES2008.

I know where you were coming from with your comment about me not knowing how to play football but you didnt have to try and offend me.

True, I got it - and so did muzza.

Nonetheless, if you were actually talking about "gaming sense football", and that's how muzza understood it and replied to you, I guess that the "annoying little twerps" show themselves by trying to pry into others' conversations just to bash them ;)

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

[EDIT:] Let's try to get back on topic, shall we?

We got loads of pictures today, a cover shot and a decent trailer, and all we can do is criticize others?

I still find the colors of the Sporting jerseys a bit off (in the game vs Barcelona).

Last edited:

no demo and that's the same as PES2008, they know they have issues so they don't release a demo for us to play, rather we buy the game and put up with the bugs.

Face modeling although not as good as some other sports games looks very impressive I must say.Hopefully this time the sub bench will actually follow the match ;)

After watching the new CL-trailer I noticed an intresting detail:

Near the end of the trailer we see a team raising the CL-Cup. At a first glance it looks like Athletic Madrids kit with the red & white stripes.

But when you see the players names on the back of thier shirt I can see these 3 playernames: Virota (the capten), RoMaldinho (yes with an M) and Sariw. In other words not Atl. Madrid players, so could this be typical Master League player names?

And in that case, does this mean we have a Champions League mode integrated in the Master League mode? :w00t:

I would sure love that!

Ok somone brought this up in another thread. Many thought it was Atletico Madrid lifting the cup at the end but there is good info on it being Pes Utd and there is no record of a Romaldinho or any1 with a similar name in the entire Madrid squad but apprently somone has said he plays for Pes Utd. So if this is to be Pes Utd then it could mean you can enter any team of your choice into it. This is backed up by them not having CL logos on the kit and blatently not having Chelsea or Ars. If you are able to hve any team in it then the doors fly open for the possibility of it being in the ML.

Its not like they have the Chelsea license etc holding them back or anything and their missing things like the logos. Maybe if it was just the mode then they would fully kit it out with logos and teams etc but because they want it in the ML aswell they had to make compramises on teams etc so they could include it in the ML. They wouldnt make a stand alone official CL mode for us to play with them not having the official teams in it would they. Imo instead of having a fully licensed CL with everything included they said we wont license a few teams and not have the logos etc so we can include it in the ML

I noticed that it was WE United lifting the cup on my first view.

I believe that it is just a nice touch from Konami, not to put a particular club lifting the cup (so they are not biased or something).

But sure, the rumors may start: could it be linked to the Master League?

To the Be a Legend mode?

To the Legends mode?

To all?

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

After watching the new CL-trailer I noticed an intresting detail:

Near the end of the trailer we see a team raising the CL-Cup. At a first glance it looks like Athletic Madrids kit with the red & white stripes.

But when you see the players names on the back of thier shirt I can see these 3 playernames: Virota (the capten), RoMaldinho (yes with an M) and Sariw. In other words not Atl. Madrid players, so could this be typical Master League player names?

And in that case, does this mean we have a Champions League mode integrated in the Master League mode? :w00t:

I would sure love that!

Possibly, possibly not. Those players are from PES United. So what this possibly means is that you will be able to enter any team into the CL mode, whether stand alone, or within the ML.

no demo and that's the same as PES2008, they know they have issues so they don't release a demo for us to play, rather we buy the game and put up with the bugs.

Correct...They have waited to see what FIFA is like and either:

A) Shit themselves because its so fucking good and decided not to release the demo until people have bought it

B) Downloaded the FIFA demo and havent got round to releasing PES 2009 because they are hooked on it

C) All of the above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom