PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

11 September 2008
UEFA Champions League four year deal for PES
Best club football competition in the world to feature in PES 2009 as Konami secures exclusive UEFA Champions League licence
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd has announced that its PES 2009 title will feature the UEFA Champions League following the conclusion of an exclusive 4 year licence with UEFA. The newest addition to the Pro Evolution Soccer series will be released for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360 and, PC-DVD on 17th October, followed by a version for Wii in 2009.

The UEFA Champions League deal will allow Konami to use all elements and attributes of the competition to create an exclusive UEFA Champions League mode within the PES game. The licence confirms Konami’s commitment to extending the series’ reputation as the definitive and most realistic football series available.

“The Pro Evolution Soccer series is synonymous with football being played at the highest level, which makes it perfect for hosting the best club football competition in the world”, commented UEFA. “We are delighted that PES 2009 will feature the UEFA Champions League and look forward to a long and fruitful relationship with Konami.”

“This deal showcases our commitment to taking PES 2009 forward in terms of licences and realism,” commented Kunio Neo, President for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “The UEFA Champions League is the jewel in the club competition crown, and is just one of many innovations we have lined up for the new game.”

PES 2009 will be released for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360, PC-DVD and mobile phones on 17th October, followed by versions for PlayStation®2 on 30th October, and for PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) on 6th November and for Wii in 2009. For more information, please contact Steve Merrett at Voltage PR on 020 7903 5122 or email steve@voltagepr.com.

All copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are used under license.
© 2008 Konami Digital Entertainment

www.konami-europe.com

http://www.voltagepr.com/release.asp?r=&r2=

enterlivvsman01be0.jpg

Nice to see Carlsberg in :)

I guess this is their response to the Fifa demo today.

UEFA CL looking good. Proper presentation/gfx etc. The music will be there too. I just want to know exactly how it will work in the game with regards to teams, squads etc.

It's hard to believe it. The actual Champions League licensed in PES :LOL:

Last edited:

I think we will most probably see "North London", "London FC" and "Munich FC", even "Chamatin" (remember it ?),etc playing in CL :D,

I have to say, the trailer of the CL has a certain epic feel to it that gets me even more hyped for the game.

The Messi trailer was a bit meh, but this one is just great.

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

I'm actually considering buying both football games this year. And although I did have both PES08 and FIFA08, I got the former first, thought it was poo and sold it for the latter. However, I've been playing PES08 on the PSP and I've forgotten how much I love the PES style, amid it's flaws. And how much time I spend in the edit mode. Fucking hell, it's all down to the demos now!

I have to say, the trailer of the CL has a certain epic feel to it that gets me even more hyped for the game.

The Messi trailer was a bit meh, but this one is just great.

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

Yep its apparent they done a better PR job with the CL. That Messi trailer was bad.

I'm actually considering buying both football games this year. And although I did have both PES08 and FIFA08, I got the former first, thought it was poo and sold it for the latter. However, I've been playing PES08 on the PSP and I've forgotten how much I love the PES style, amid it's flaws. And how much time I spend in the edit mode. Fucking hell, it's all down to the demos now!
PES2008 on the PSP is fantastic, try playing it again on the 360/PS3 though. Big difference. The game is best suited to the PSP, IMO of course...

Just watched the Champions League trailer. Now that's a good trailer. Seeing Liverpool CL kit in action is great. I have to say you can tell its a very similar game engine.

But for the atmosphere alone its probably worth buying. Surely,this game is going to sell well, probably better than last year I would have thought, for the casual gamers.

Chris, what do you think about the difficulty in the PSP version???
I've been playing it constantly and i think it's very difficult.
In the PS3 version (but also in PS2 versions of PES4, 5 and 6) i always played on the highest level...and i won my fair share of games...always had the best defense of the division or approximately the best.
When i'm playing on PSP i constantly thrashed on professional mode (the former ****). On the regular (???? anyway the former ***) i'm good. I've won two league titles and a "CL" with Valenciennes but i still am very bad defensively.
In both leagues that i ended as champion, i still had the worst defense.
I'm the first one to admit that i'm far from an ace player (i've never played online but i think 99% of the evo-web memebers will beat me...)but in the console versions i'm rather good at single player...i never was on the PSP although i like it...i think the difficulty levels should be more balanced...

What do other people think about this (oh and sorry to be off-topic, but since we were talking about the PSP version...).

I think the difficulty is spot on Gerd. I play it on professional and personally I lose to the big teams (Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool) but I draw/win against the others. It's very enjoyable and the AI seems to cheat a lot less than on the console versions - it's definitely my favourite version of PES since WE6FE. Probably the only PES/WE game I've played regularly since then.

You have to play very, very well and concentrate to beat the big teams (or the teams who are playing well on the day).

I think the difficulty is spot on Gerd. I play it on professional and personally I lose to the big teams (Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool) but I draw/win against the others. It's very enjoyable and the AI seems to cheat a lot less than on the console versions - it's definitely my favourite version of PES since WE6FE. Probably the only PES/WE game I've played regularly since then.

You have to play very, very well and concentrate to beat the big teams (or the teams who are playing well on the day).

your right i still play it now so im really excited about the next on and i hope they incluude become a legend:DANCE:

Trailer is much improved, the build up to the goal seems out of sync though.

its such a shame pes didnt bother getting a demo out today, just playing the fifa demo and im ashamed to admit but its actually really good!!!!

:(

come on Pes dont let us down this year...you might never get another chance!!!

Well Chris, then i must conclude that i'm even worse than i tought i was...
I will start a new ML with WBA (PES United with the WBA players that are in the game) and i guess it will be rather realistic seeing were WBA are at the moment...

Just to continue the off-topic a bit, I find the PSP version of the game to be a bit frustrating, mostly because of the PSP's dpad - I have one of the first-generation PSPs.

Otherwise, it's a pretty robust game.

About including the "Become a Legend" mode on the PSP, I doubt they'll include the camera... One can only hope :)

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Great job from Konami today. The cover looks fantastic, the screens look good and the trailer is so good its actually getting me hyped for the game. I hope this is an indication that Konami are seriously improving the franchise. Looks like I will definetly be buying two football games. :)

its such a shame pes didnt bother getting a demo out today, just playing the fifa demo and im ashamed to admit but its actually really good!!!!

:(

come on Pes dont let us down this year...you might never get another chance!!!

No need to be ashamed man! It is a good thing that your impressed with Fifa 09. All about having an open mind.

I really do love the new cover, it looks amazing I reckon, really nice.

The trailer was really good as well I thought, actually makes me eager to play it, the music was amazing as well, added a lot to the game, they did a good job with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom