PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

ok , from the pics released we can see that villareal are licensed and what team is that picking up the trophy at the end of the champions league vid, is it atletico madrid?

enterlivvsman01be0.jpg

Nice to see Carlsberg in :)

sure it's only a minor detail, but it looks as if konami have forgot the champions league arm patch for each team.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/...konologo/2007-2008 shirt/Man U/U-H-LS-7-1.jpg

the trailer looks good, fair play. but the gameplay sequences were completely unimpressive, looks EXACTLY the same as pes2008

huh? i was asking a question

whatever, i dont care if you want to flame fine. dont care if you want to have your head so far up your arse you need a glass stomach to see

i will try fifa demo tonight and if its good, it is the last i will think about this sorry mess of a game

Apologies if this has already been linked, but Level Magazine have given the game a 97% rating. The reviewer originally gave PES 2008 a 67%, so its obviously raised the bar in his mind :

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12741472&postcount=1

97% from 67%. I really fail to see where such a big improvement has come from. 97% makes the game near perfect and the dated animations alone mean it aint no 97%.

Just played the fifa demo and was impressed. For the first 4 minutes. It was looking and feeling great with some brilliant moments and then it felt like fifa alright. My dig at fifa is just that you hardly ever flipping beat your man in fifa. You run towards him or near him and they'll get the ball off you befor you can say hotdog. It so hard to just keep possesion. Several times i just wanted to simply knock the ball around but there's no space for any of my players and they barely make a single run. Shooting is annoying because it goes over everytime i tap shoot.

The only thing that would make this worth buying is the fact that there is 10v10 which would be imense if the pitch wasnt the size on an atom.

Oh and all teams play exactly like eachother as in previous games if not worse. I beat chelsea and drew against R. madrid only to then loose 3 times in a row to torronto FC ffs. Dont say it was me becuase it wasnt. Viva la pes

I'd be surprised if anybody listens to you after saying we should all buy PES every single year whether it's bad or not and we should support them like a football club.

It has it's faults but to say "don't say it was me because it wasn't" says it all. You've played it for five minutes and you expect to be able to beat every player straight away. You were never going to give it a chance, everyone knows that, so if you just stick to talking about PES then that'd be great.

for 5 minutes? i played it for an hour and a half. All the stuff i said is vvalid and consistant with every match i played. It was a good play and fun and would be quite good if pes wasnt looking so cool with its CL trailor. Fifa has got better though.

I have never said we should buy pes every year even if its bad. Ever.

Last edited:

Sounding better but I don't rate any review from mags, I'll wait to see...

Neither me. These are reviews written by me based on three previews and one review og mag s in Turkey. Personally; I trust them. score is not so important but their words. In a while; they are not fan boys, or they do not promote the game because of their direct or indirect link with Konami. If there is a thing called objectivity; I think they are. ;))

if you have the license...why not follow the rules? uefa kit rules are clearly defined in a document EVERYBODY can download and read. it includes no second sponsor, smaller main sponsor, no sleeve logos, only the starball.

why can't they just implent this? playing sporting vs. marseille in cl with marseille featuring their back sponsor and sporting their league sponsor it just does not feel right :(

if you have the license...why not follow the rules? uefa kit rules are clearly defined in a document EVERYBODY can download and read. it includes no second sponsor, smaller main sponsor, no sleeve logos, only the starball.

why can't they just implent this? playing sporting vs. marseille in cl with marseille featuring their back sponsor and sporting their league sponsor it just does not feel right :(

Konami and EA both mess up on very simple things at times, they miss sooo much detail...

Yeah I noticed that too there is a problem with logos of teams (no star logos on players arms for instance).
The CL is a positive thing but if the gameplay is bad it'd be useless

Just played the fifa demo and was impressed. For the first 4 minutes. It was looking and feeling great with some brilliant moments and then it felt like fifa alright. My dig at fifa is just that you hardly ever flipping beat your man in fifa. You run towards him or near him and they'll get the ball off you befor you can say hotdog. It so hard to just keep possesion. Several times i just wanted to simply knock the ball around but there's no space for any of my players and they barely make a single run. Shooting is annoying because it goes over everytime i tap shoot.

The only thing that would make this worth buying is the fact that there is 10v10 which would be imense if the pitch wasnt the size on an atom.

Oh and all teams play exactly like eachother as in previous games if not worse. I beat chelsea and drew against R. madrid only to then loose 3 times in a row to torronto FC ffs. Dont say it was me becuase it wasnt. Viva la pes

U sound like a hater

You're so off-topic ,why talking of FIFA in here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom