PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

...how are the stats up until now, in what concerns "Demo confirmed for 11th" vs "Demo not confirmed for 11th"?... :roll:

I really liked those pics, especially because they confirm that you can indeed be summoned to the National Squad.

What would be great, though, would be a "back to WE2000" thing, where the U-21 squads would be in the game.

That would be frickin' awesome.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

[Edit:]
Yeah but since you start with a 17 year old player you will have to play at least 10/11 seasons for that to happen. Maybe there is an option for saving your player stats to use online and keep them unchanged at its best...

...seriously? Is your National Squad full of 28'ers? :| Most young stars have a chance on their early 20's, I believe that you might be able to get there in 4-6 seasons (which is half the time of the 10-11 seasons you mentioned).

Still, it's pretty nice longevity-wise, as long as the game doesn't get tedious.

Last edited:

Just imagine playing a world cup final with your player. What makes Become a Lengend so good is that you could be the best player that ever lived but your team may still loose alot of games. Whereas cups and ML will get a little repetitive because your always winning. Its been a long time since ive had a real challenge in games and loosing and winning throught the season will be fun and different

...how are the stats up until now, in what concerns "Demo confirmed for 11th" vs "Demo not confirmed for 11th"?... :roll:

I really liked those pics, especially because they confirm that you can indeed be summoned to the National Squad.

What would be great, though, would be a "back to WE2000" thing, where the U-21 squads would be in the game.

That would be frickin' awesome.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

[Edit:]

...seriously? Is your National Squad full of 28'ers? :| Most young stars have a chance on their early 20's, I believe that you might be able to get there in 4-6 seasons (which is half the time of the 10-11 seasons you mentioned).

Still, it's pretty nice longevity-wise, as long as the game doesn't get tedious.

I meant you will have to play for 10/11 seasons for your stats become to decrease. I'm guessing my National Teams is the same as yours :-pp

The Juve stadium looks great minus the pitch.

I meant you will have to play for 10/11 seasons for your stats become to decrease. I'm guessing my National Teams is the same as yours :-pp

Haha :lol: Well spotted, mate!

No. I think for some reason players who have less than 90+ dribble accuracy seem to be able to pull off this sharp turn/feint move which is usually only seen with players with 90 and above. I dont know if its triggered or not. I hope so. It looks very strange

I've read that they have removed the r2 (or whatever button it was) to do tricks and that now it automatically does it for you depending on what you press on the d-pad. For example pushing up-down quickly will perform a certain trick. That's how I understood it.

muzza said:
Just imagine playing a world cup final with your player. What makes Become a Lengend so good is that you could be the best player that ever lived but your team may still loose alot of games. Whereas cups and ML will get a little repetitive because your always winning. Its been a long time since ive had a real challenge in games and loosing and winning throught the season will be fun and different

That could actually be a lot of fun. I never got into CYC in euro08. But thats probably as I was playing for England and I really couldnt care less about the national team. Trying to get to play for Liverpool however, after starting out at a crappy team could be really good.

I actually liked the pics, however one thing that annoyed me is that they haven't even bothered sorting the fonts to get the full word on screen. I mean "plyr", "clb", "ntl" just looks amature. I mean its not like there's no room!

I don't see what was wrong with the R2 skill button really. Will have to see what they have done to it

I don't see what was wrong with the R2 skill button really. Will have to see what they have done to it

As I've understood it, they've not removed the R2 dribble feature at all. They've enhanced its use by using it to execute Roulettes and such with the right analog stick (which is a """manual""" pass if R2 isn't held).
I've read that they've just made the dribbling slightly more automatic. Meaning that if you hold R2 (I suppose) and wiggle the analog/d-pad, the player will do context-sensntive moves, rather than each move having its own separate button combo (R2 x 3 for elastico for example).

So as I've understood it they've only added to the usefulness of R2, and the "automatic" dribbling isn't something that should pop up at any time without your consent, since you probably will need to hold R2 (with exception to the automatic shot feint when turning which is done completely without your consent).

I actually liked the pics, however one thing that annoyed me is that they haven't even bothered sorting the fonts to get the full word on screen. I mean "plyr", "clb", "ntl" just looks amature. I mean its not like there's no room!

I actually noticed that, but I'm assuming that they are just placeholders, not the final text.

Some great screenshots.

The pitches look brilliant and so does the night time lighting.

Looking forward to it:))

LOOOOOL

the graphics are SHOCKING. how can this be a next-gen game? Are the players jig saw puzzles because ive never seen some many jagglies, the ui is also atrocious but hopefully the game modes will be good enough to make that not so much of an issue.

LOOOOOL

the graphics are SHOCKING. how can this be a next-gen game? Are the players jig saw puzzles because ive never seen some many jagglies, the ui is also atrocious but hopefully the game modes will be good enough to make that not so much of an issue.

What are jagglies and ui?

Thoes images need a bit more AA I guess so those saw teeth do not appear there. It is a bit poor but I like the pictures a lot.

What are jagglies and ui?

Jaggies are those saw teeth you can see in the edges of arms, legs, etc.

lami jagglies/jaggies are the horrible angular sticky out bits you see on the outline of every object even the ball. im hoping its just because they havent applied any AA in those shots, but thats ps3 right? last year you couldnt even force AA on the pc so im concerned about that. its SHOCKING that pc users cant even make the game use more than 10% of cpu power. that is as good as indicator as any that its not truly next gen yet

ui = user interface just the menus basically. seriously, i know they are going for "that style" but this is shocking considering youll be staring at that for the next year possibly! still, id take a command prompt if the gameplay is good.

p.s is that a decent green pitch texture i see in the afternoon stadium shot?

Those screenshots don't impress me at all, the GUI is really ugly, the pictures of the interviews/awards will end up just being still images like the ones from the pubs and press conferences we got before 08 which made us think ML was revamped and close ups are not important anyway to me. And as others have said, there are so many jaggies in them.

They use too many bright colours I think, looks unrealistic to me.

lami jagglies/jaggies are the horrible angular sticky out bits you see on the outline of every object even the ball. im hoping its just because they havent applied any AA in those shots, but thats ps3 right? last year you couldnt even force AA on the pc so im concerned about that. its SHOCKING that pc users cant even make the game use more than 10% of cpu power. that is as good as indicator as any that its not truly next gen yet

ui = user interface just the menus basically. seriously, i know they are going for "that style" but this is shocking considering youll be staring at that for the next year possibly! still, id take a command prompt if the gameplay is good.

p.s is that a decent green pitch texture i see in the afternoon stadium shot?
Ah. Well as for jaggies or "jagglies" I hope we don't see them in game. Maybe on an HD TV it would look better.

As for the UI, couldn't care less really. But I agree it does look weird. PES3's looked simpler and better. But again like you said,
id take a command prompt if the gameplay is good.

DIE!

Konami: We will announce PES 2009 demo in due course

A number of sites have been reporting that the PES 2009 demo will be released this Thursday alongside EA's FIFA 09, although without any Official confirmation. Alarmed by a list of upcoming PSN content this Thursday which didn't show a PES 2009 demo, we decided to contact Konami's PR department and ask them what the situation is on the demo, they responded by stating that "We have no comment to make at this time. We will announce the demo in due course." From this comment it seems to us that a few supposed "insiders" have got it all wrong and fabricated a release date to put extra pressure on Konami to release this highly anticipated demo.
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=31411

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom