PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Seems rather strange as it all was pinpointing to Thursday but no confirmation from Konami always element of doubt.

I'm sorry, but I don't beleive anything Konami says anymore even if it was confirmed by them.

My guess is there won't be a demo this Thursday lads. Your better off not having any expectations.

EVACUATE i cant believe people arent even talking about the "auto feint"

i cant remember when it was but back in the day when a pro came out that had this people were saying it ruined the whole game and thats when pro was at its best!

i think peoples expectations are so low now they dont even care because if the game isnt completely broken then they will be happy! its crazy what happend to our game :(

the auto feint is horrible horrible horrible horrible, it ruins every video.

3 biggest concerns:

1. animations ...
2. penalty spots - where are they. They disappeared with the next gen versions
3. goal nets - never seen this shape (except pes 2008)

A penalty-spot your biggest concern? LOL, are you serious?
What a hell of a game this would be if that is the biggest concern :LOL:

Turkish magazines

As we can hardly find any news on PES 2009; I would like to update you about 3 previews of Turkish magazines; EGM, Level and Oyungezer. Before reviewing previews; I have to declare that there is nothing new for us except from scores of the game and comments on gameplay. Two weeks ago I got EGM Turkey; because they had PES 2009 press copy and preview of the game. They scored the preview with 87 out of 100

. Then; I saw Level magazine; which is a reliable mag (personally); they have huge review of the game, 8-9 pages. They elaborated game modes, played lots of matches and wrote a review (not a preview) of press copy. They were extremely pleased about the game. The review score is %97; they do not think that they will change their mind on score, when they get the final release. Editor of mag is the reliable guy; who has been my main source since PES 2. He told me that he has been totally satisfied about gameplay, graphics, animations etc. His motto in his email to me was (something like) Return of the King. In a while; mag had reviewed PES 2008 with a score 6.7 or 7.0 out of 10. As they expressed all the cons of PES 2008 have been trimmed out; and finally we got the beauty of PES. They mentioned about improved ball physics, AI, slowed down game speed, flexible animations. They called PES 2008 as a pinball soccer and 2009 as a real one. Finally; yesterday I got it Oyungezer Mag; they had 2 pages preview. They expressed the same things. It tastes like PES, but there are still problems related with goal keepers. Sometimes, silly shoots, passes might be a goal as a result of stupid acts of keepers. As they told; this is not a so negative point, because in PES 2009 defenses are much stronger and it is really hard to beat defensive player even with Kaka, Adriano, Messi etc. therefore; mistakes of the keepers might be the only chance for scoring. They also told that some of the star players has automatic movement (skills) to beat the defensive players; a few of them are new kind of skills, movements. When they compare the game with PES 2008, it is relatively easy game. As usual, they labeled the game as the one what PES 2008 should have been.

To sum up three mags;

-ball physics is really improved. You can feel the resistance of the wind.
-AI change game style much more according to score of the match.
-a few new tricks.
-improved defensive players. It is not possible to pass the defense with a skilled player.
- There are lots of different chances in all kinds of balls. In PES 2008, badly scripted balls resulted with nothing but boredom. It enriches the gameplay experience.
- In their copy; squads are (as usual) not up to date. Even, Hakan Sukur is still playing for Galatasaray, although he retired in June.
-Sometimes; automatic movements of players results with silly penalties, corners, fouls.
-Animations and graphics are really improved.
-become a legend is real fun. You have to work harder in training matches to play in 11. Otherwise; you watch the games. There is an option to view the match in *4 speed.
-There is a big question mark related with licenses.
- Silly goal keeper movements, although they are improved a little bit more.
- Intro (video) is really really so bad.

I know there is nothing new except from scores, someone looking for any kind of news might find them interesting. As there is no new image of the game; I did not scan the mags. But, I have to conclude that previews and review are really positive ones.

{|=
Your mates are idiots, and from what you have posted I wouldnt consider you the sharpest tool in the shed either.

I posted a while ago how it amazes me people consider Konami/PES as a friend and that they should stick by it through thick and thin, as if Konami will send you a game when you haven't got the money for old times sake.

Honestly, people amaze me.

=; . Well seeing as 2 of my m8s are going to loughbourgh which is the 6th best uni in britain and thee best for sports courses then i dont see how their dumb. Im in the process of signing up to the army to do a junior officers course and many many other close friends of mine all go to uni and are quite smart. Atleast my comments sound like your average jo talking. Some of you are so up your own arse you try to sound like this massive boffin and just makes you seem boring and unaprochable. Im not trying to make a snappy comeback or trying to have a dig at people so plz dont take this comment and many others of mine too seriously.

Last edited:

French demo list for PSN next thursday...

Demos
[Gratuit] Elefunk [Free] Elefunk
[Gratuit] Play TV (France uniquement) [Free] Play TV (France only)
[Gratuit] 1942: Joint Strike [Free] 1942: Joint Strike
[Gratuit] FIFA 09 [Free] FIFA 09

Sooo.... no PES09.

Besides, is there any confirmation of Konami that the demo will be released next thursday?

French demo list for PSN next thursday...

Demos
[Gratuit] Elefunk [Free] Elefunk
[Gratuit] Play TV (France uniquement) [Free] Play TV (France only)
[Gratuit] 1942: Joint Strike [Free] 1942: Joint Strike
[Gratuit] FIFA 09 [Free] FIFA 09

Sooo.... no PES09.

Besides, is there any confirmation of Konami that the demo will be released next thursday?

I post on WENB ;))
Konami says nothing about the demo or date yet, just Pelluk (11 september) and PESFAN (end of september)

Ive been wanting to change it for ages but cant remember how. I dont find it funny anymore and why are are you portraiting me as a heartless tosser. My cousin had a muscle disease for 12 years and he only lived till he was 21 and i was there for him all the time.

Mate, I made a point of prefacing my post by saying nothing personal - it wasn't a judgement on you, just the avatar. I'm not here to make enemies or slack people off, just to discuss video footy is all, so back to that...

Mate, I made a point of prefacing my post by saying nothing personal - it wasn't a judgement on you, just the avatar. I'm not here to make enemies or slack people off, just to discuss video footy is all, so back to that...

good old unreliable football

Just obviously you cant be a big fan if you have to play a demo see if you want it. That my friend takes the biscuit.

I cannot believe you actually wrote this.

Sticking by a games manufacturer "through thick and thin" is also preposterous.

The review score is %97; they do not think that they will change their mind on score,

PES5 got similar reviews. I knew it, I bet that they just got a bunch of PES5 discs and rounded the "5" into a "9".

Also
emotwoopzk0.gif

I cannot believe you actually wrote this.

Sticking by a games manufacturer "through thick and thin" is also preposterous.

Perhaps yes, but on the other hand what is wrong about being fan ??? Replace "a games manufacturer" by "a football team" and that last sentence rationally has the same value, but 90% of the evo-web members will disagree with it. Is it really more absurd to stick by games manufacturer than to stick by football clubs like Leeds, Spurs, Liverpool, Vladivostok or Fiorentina ??? I don't think so.
I don't like Britney Spears but is it wrong to be a fan of Britney Spears ???
Are Britney Spears fans idiots ???
Is it rational to be a big Sonic Youth fan or a big Metallica fan ??? They have more street credibility than Britney Spears, but their hardcore fans are as weird as harcore Britney fans.
I think it's a litle bit one-dimensional to deduct a value judgement from the fact that people are "fans" of one game or another...the same was true when FIFA was supposed to be the bad game...
In the end it's all about street credibility...it's good for people's street credibility to consider FIFA the best of both games (which was certainly true for FIFA08) and (that is what is problematic) it certainly is bad to defend PES and Konami.
I don't argue with with people who "analyze" both games (like Trance all-star, i really like his postings) because i'm not an hardcore gamer and i'm rather crap at video games. But sometimes i sense an underlying lack of respect in those threads about PES or FIFA (and i'm not talking about Trance All-star now). People get carried away without meaning harm.

Last edited:

Are Britney Spears fans idiots ???

I would say YES! :D

I undertand your point, however I don't care whether people do or do not like the game are fans. PES is still a fun game for enough people so you won't find me discussing that. It's the ignorance that annoys me, and what Muzza reflects with his thick&thin / gloryhunting nonsense.

In the end it's all about street credibility

Precisely, that is what made me respond, in a harsh way, to muzza's comments. I find it pathetic that you would decide your choices and tastes based on what gives you more credibility and or the delusional thought that you are in a 2-way relationship with Konami. Its like you're a sheep and just follow the herd. No thought goes into it. That's what frustrates me with some of the posts in here, they seem to be so ignorant (from both sides) and latch on to a bandwagon. The same happens in daily life with other things and annoys the hell out of me aswell.

Well seeing as 2 of my m8s are going to loughbourgh which is the 6th best uni in britain and thee best for sports courses then i dont see how their dumb. Im in the process of signing up to the army to do a junior officers course and many many other close friends of mine all go to uni and are quite smart. Atleast my comments sound like your average jo talking. Some of you are so up your own arse you try to sound like this massive boffin and just makes you seem boring and unaprochable. Im not trying to make a snappy comeback or trying to have a dig at people so plz dont take this comment and many others of mine too seriously.

Good point, then I'll rephrase to immature. ;)

EVACUATE i cant believe people arent even talking about the "auto feint"

i cant remember when it was but back in the day when a pro came out that had this people were saying it ruined the whole game and thats when pro was at its best!

i think peoples expectations are so low now they dont even care because if the game isnt completely broken then they will be happy! its crazy what happend to our game :(

the auto feint is horrible horrible horrible horrible, it ruins every video.

I can't agree more! Everybody will be complaining about the auto feint feature after two weeks they buy the game... We all gonna cry "please konami make a patch to get rid of these stupid looking animations"...but it will be too late...

I really don't like the auto-feint either. I'd like to be able to turn with a skilled player without him looking like he is trying to impress every female in the stadium every time he changes directions.

They'd just have to map the animation to the shotfeint feature, if one pressed shotfeint + 90 degrees to the side.

Hi guys,

about the demo, german site cynamite.de says the game will hit stores in october 15th and the demo will be available three weeks before that what would be around september 25th.

@ Thomasgoal - Good to hear a positive review, just think most people on this board are skeptical and erring on the side of caution. Everyone wants a 97% game, but bottom line is last year a few magazines reviewed PES2008 as 9/10, and it most certainly wasn't.

I think most of us want PES to be the best, but evidence to date is sorely lacking.

@ Thomasgoal - Good to hear a positive review, just think most people on this board are skeptical and erring on the side of caution. Everyone wants a 97% game, but bottom line is last year a few magazines reviewed PES2008 as 9/10, and it most certainly wasn't.

I think most of us want PES to be the best, but evidence to date is sorely lacking.

Yeah, but this preview look like alot what think my contacts from the beta, just forget the score, that mean almost nothing, but the preview are really professional.

People wonder what happened with the date for the PES-demo, beeing suddenly not at 11 september on PSN and LIVE?
Okay, here is detective Sherlock Han explaining you ;)

About a month ago a mole inside Konami told us about the Champions League and the new game modes.
What would YOU do when you was Konami and you discover there is a mole?
Of course, find out who the mole is.
They were probabaly able to find out from which country he operates. You can find out from the site who made these secrets public. There are traces.
Now I think Konami has some suspects and what they did is intentionally provide him from new info, just to see what happens. They told him about a demo, coming out on 11 september. The mole publiced the info and Konami now have the proof who the mole is.
That means he will never get reliable info again and all info we get from him in the future can be rejected.

That's the theory of Sherlock Han :)

@Thomas
Have u seen any untucked shirts in any movie or screenshot man?
i havent, im starting to get worried konami took this away, also i havent seen any diferent sock style(high, low) not evan c.ronaldo had diferent socks.

@Thomas
Have u seen any untucked shirts in any movie or screenshot man?
i havent, im starting to get worried konami took this away, also i havent seen any diferent sock style(high, low) not evan c.ronaldo had diferent socks.
No, but i know it's on the game about the untrucked shirt, about the sock you can see Henry high sock in one GC08 video (France vs. Argentina, look Henry PK, France play in red)

edit : this video, look at the 3:03
YouTube - PES 2009 - Gameplay (France - Argentina)

Last edited:

what about previews of other magazines in different countries? I tried to inform you about magazines in my country. Level with 8-9 pages review (not a preview) with PES on cover page, EGM and Oyungezer with 2 page previews. Let me continue with some other points -as far as I remember- that they mentioned in mag s.( as I informed you yerterday; I have been in my office; so I have not enough time)

**In become a legend mode, stats are growing very slowly, it means that we will watch lots of matches. because we will not be selected in 11s. We can watch games in *4 speed. If there is an substitution and we selected; game speed turns to normal one.

**In master league; to transfer player; firstly; we have to interact with his club. If it goes well, we have chance to contact with player.

**Shoot and freekick system (time we press button) has been changed.

** In master league, with heart icon, we will see players happinies. It also affects his performance.

**As the game is not hard as PES 2008; author of Oyungezer; won his first match 3-2 against Galatasaray. (his team was Fenerbahce)

** You might notice wrinkles on kits even in wide cam. Author believes that it is the evidence of evolution. Konami re-worked every small detail again, and they trimmed down many mistakes of PES 2008.

**Wembley stadium is looking really superb.

**Graphics are looking shinny just like Fifa.

**There will be lots of corners, penalties due to the automatic movements of players.

**They have no chance (of course) to check online mode.

**All the movements with ball and without ball have been worked, and result is really satisfying.

**Off the ball movements are so good. Youy can find the player on sides, in a good position.

these are all the things that I can remember.

No, but i know it's on the game about the untrucked shirt, about the sock you can see Henry high sock in one GC08 video (France vs. Argentina, look Henry PK, France play in red)

edit : this video, look at the 3:03
YouTube - PES 2009 - Gameplay (France - Argentina)

thanx a lot thomas!
now, lets hope the demo comes out thursday! cant wait to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom