PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

It's being described that way by people like you.

If anyone here can find me an interview or a comment from Konami where they explicitly say that they have taken PES5 and put HD graphics on it then I'm all ears.

Honestly this is like the Obama is a muslim smears.

Honestly this is like the Obama is a muslim smears.

XD gawd, you just had to mention Obama.........
anyways its unlikely that the demo is going to be different from Leipzig.
The demo was prepared beforehand and as mention in the WENB Podcast, the XBox Live thing that it has to be tested a few weeks before it goes online. And Leipzig has just been around 3 weeks or so.

gerd,

Did you take that picture yourself in Belgium?

I took that picture myself while on holiday in south-western France.
Espinas is a tiny litle village with 168 inhabitants somewhere in the middle of (a beautifull) nowhere between Montauban and Albi, some 100 km's north of Toulouse.

I'm really curious to see what kind of DLC Konami are planning to release. I remember a seabass interview saying they couldnt do roster updates for the ps2 version because of licensing issues. Although, if they can have all, majority, of the players with real names swapping them about shouldnt be a big deal and do-able. But then it shouldnt be something to pay for either imo.

I was thinking about PES5 the other day, seeing as the new pes is being compared to it. I'm not sure if you guys had this aswell, but for me PES5 just went a bit too far and lost some balance. This isn't supposed to be a "have a go at pes" post, as I loved that game. However it may seem that way as I'm only highlighting its flaws compared to the previous versions. But maybe some of you will recognise what I'm talking about. It's not really relevant to this thread but was curious what you guys thought.

I used to play daily against a mate of mine and started this from ISS98. We would usually play 3x 30min. matches and from ISS98 to PES4 they would always be very close games. However I remember PES5 being the game were the first goal would give the win. For some reason the majority of our matches would end as 5-1, 4-1, ect. Which was odd considering the previous years and matches we would nearly always win/lose by the single goal. They were always so much closer. Did any of you notice this? They just seemed to put to much "power" in to the winning team.

As for single player, it was the first game were I actually noticed the scripting. People had complained since PES3 about it, but for me the fact that the cpu would step up its game the last 10/15 min., even if it was "artificial", would be realistic and would make hanging on for a 1-0, scoring a 2nd on the counter all the sweeter. However PES5 was the first game in my experience that would actually script my players as opposed to only hyping up the opposition/cpu. Defenders not reacting, wingbacks failing to tackle to stop the winning cross/header.

Did you guys have this aswell?

Can't remember m8, but in PES3 I remember defending a lot when starting out in the ML and hitting the opponent on the counter-attack, whereas PES5 I relied heavily on shots outside the box.

I think you mean "fan-BOY" ;-)

Also nothing personal but your avatar may not be as funny as you think to a lot of people - one of my family members has a child who is mentally handicapped and I think if you were to experience the pain and heartbreak involved, you would think twice about using the term "retarded" in a mocking fashion, at least in a public forum.
When I look into that child's eyes and think of all the things in life she will miss out on that we take for granted, I feel that those of us fortunate enough to have sound mind and body should at least show respect and kindness to those that don't. Just my 2¢

Ive been wanting to change it for ages but cant remember how. I dont find it funny anymore and why are are you portraiting me as a heartless tosser. My cousin had a muscle disease for 12 years and he only lived till he was 21 and i was there for him all the time.

Last edited:

You really have a big problem understanding that all of us USED TO BUY PES! Even if some of us has a recent sign up date doesn't mean we just found out about PES for fuck sake.

And you buy PES for people to respect you? That's so funny, you sound like one of those old FIFA players that started to play PES because everyone else did it.

A real PES fan criticize parts of the game that needs improvment so the developers make it even better. You're the kind of fake fan that ruins the game for the rest of us who wants it more realistic. If seabass went out and said that they aim for an arcade game, then fine, but he's always talking about making a realistic game so that's why a lot of people complain about everything that's arcady in PES.

I know most of you have been involved with the game for years. You go about it enough ffs. I do actually use positive critisism but too many use negative and it gets tiresom. In terms of the respect thing i ment that my mates who play pes would say im a glory hunter for buying the supposedly better fifa. I probably played well over a thousend matches on each game so iwouldnt say im hardly a fan

I took that picture myself while on holiday in south-western France.
Espinas is a tiny litle village with 168 inhabitants somewhere in the middle of (a beautifull) nowhere between Montauban and Albi, some 100 km's north of Toulouse.

hmmm.....sounds even boring as Espinas it self in ML :LIE: lol kiddin

to go from 2008 to this imo thats an overhaul. They've taken that game and completely brought the standards back up. Now we have atleast half decent gameplay, a CL mode, quality online options, an edit mode and plenty other things that would sefice buying it. I still cant believe people on here dont buy pes.

I mean even lightweight pes fans buy the game. If you sign up to these forums you must be a keen fan and if even lightweight who watches gameplay vids etc still buys it then i dont see why people in here go on about how good fifa is and how much they cant wait for pes 2009 but will try befor they buy? Im sorry but the smallest of pes fans would still buy this game. You cant call yourself a fan unless you go out there and buy the thing no matter how many pes's you've bought. A true fan sticks through thick and thin. I'd rather be a loyal pes fan than a glory hunter that no1 respects

All your posts have now lost all credibility. Not like they had much in the 1st place but that takes the biscuit.

What do you mean a true fan sticks through thick and thin? It's a product not a football team or something like that. It's a computer game and should only be bought if it's good, not if it's a stale, rushed piece of crap. I'm not for one minute saying that's what PES 2009 is but from what you implicitly implied you would have to buy it even if that was the case.

Your right about this forum, it's a PES forum so people come here because they are/were fans of the game. Look at my join date I've been playing Winning Eleven / PES games for years, and they used to be great and the only game worth playing. FIFA was frankly crap then but credit where's it due and EA have taken criticism on board, listened to the public and stepped up their game, but sadly with people like you, the so called 'fans' Konami will never do this because people will buy the game anyway.

Your post has really amazed me and as I mentioned, is the reason Konami have never listened to the public and the reason they haven't made any major changes for years. Because their 'FANS' will buy it anyway. :ROLL:

I know tonnes of people that have stuck with it becuase they are fans of it. Just obviously you cant be a big fan if you have to play a demo see if you want it. That my friend takes the biscuit. The game has been so good over the years that it never really needed much of a change just the tweaks they gave it were enough. Fifa was so crap that now everyone goes on constantly about the improvements they've made. That only highlights the fact that it was crap. Hating pes is the 'cool' thing now and people just join the critisism bandwagon becuase everyone else is doing it.

Last edited:

I'm obviously wasting my time here. PES could have/ Should have been so much better. They could have taken the next step up to the next gen, heck the actual engine is not much different from it's PS1 days. It's pure laziness on Konamis behalf, plain and simple. It's been stale for a few years now and that's the sad thing about this whole scenario.

I'm obviously wasting my time here. PES could have/ Should have been so much better. They could have taken the next step up to the next gen, heck the actual engine is not much different from it's PS1 days. It's pure laziness on Konamis behalf, plain and simple. It's been stale for a few years now and that's the sad thing about this whole scenario.

it's stille better then your game:DD

In terms of the respect thing i ment that my mates who play pes would say im a glory hunter for buying the supposedly better fifa.

Your mates are idiots, and from what you have posted I wouldnt consider you the sharpest tool in the shed either.

I posted a while ago how it amazes me people consider Konami/PES as a friend and that they should stick by it through thick and thin, as if Konami will send you a game when you haven't got the money for old times sake.

Honestly, people amaze me.

Predicting what Sony is going to put on the PLAYSTATION Store is pretty hard to do. Im going to wait until Thursday. Im still hoping its true but there has been no official confirmation.

Surely if there was going to be a demo Konami would have said so by now, I am going with what PESFAN has said that the demo will be out a few weeks before the release of the game.

They really have a problem with designing a good GUI. It's not like its that important but jesus christ it's so ugly.

And what's up with the shot feints every time you turn 90 degrees... Konami what the hell are you doing? I find it hard to believe that fans have been asking for this...

I find it strange that so many sites have said the 11th and some claiming its official news from Konami aswell.

Or have they not bothered to check up and just posted it because other site have.

Adam said on WENB forums Thursday unlikely now after chat to Konami more details tommorow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom