PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Its 'that interview'. You know the one. Befor 2008 was released when he started slating it and said they were planning anoverhaul "in every aspect" for the new one i.e. 2009

I think "That interview" is already linked SOMEWHERE on this thread - good luck finding it - but I was surprised when I reread it to discover that Seabass didn't say a lot of the stuff I had recalled him saying. He WAS talking about a total overhaul and he DID mean 2009, but from the evidence so far there is absolutely nothing that's been shown to the public to suggest PES2009 is going to be anything other than a better version of PES2008. Even WENB's best praise is that "it's the game 2008 should have been", i.e. it's 2008 with the problems fixed and a slower pace.

Which in itself isn't a bad thing, but we're not looking at a revamped master league, we won't see a new game engine, the animations and player models won't change much, we'll still have horrendously convoluted and user unfriendly player editing, rather than anything that allows a point-and-click mass assign of particular characteristics to multiple players, or a useful transfer system that isn't a bit too faffy and a bit tricky to navigate, there probably won't be any kind of competition editor, or online leagues, or a massive increase it teams, countries and leagues from around the world, or any of the other criticisms of PES for the last 10 years that still stand. THAT would be a "total overhaul", but that's not what we'll get.

to go from 2008 to this imo thats an overhaul. They've taken that game and completely brought the standards back up. Now we have atleast half decent gameplay, a CL mode, quality online options, an edit mode and plenty other things that would sefice buying it. I still cant believe people on here dont buy pes.

I mean even lightweight pes fans buy the game. If you sign up to these forums you must be a keen fan and if even lightweight who watches gameplay vids etc still buys it then i dont see why people in here go on about how good fifa is and how much they cant wait for pes 2009 but will try befor they buy? Im sorry but the smallest of pes fans would still buy this game. You cant call yourself a fan unless you go out there and buy the thing no matter how many pes's you've bought. A true fan sticks through thick and thin. I'd rather be a loyal pes fan than a glory hunter that no1 respects

You cant call yourself a fan unless you go out there and buy the thing no matter how many pes's you've bought. A true fan sticks through thick and thin. I'd rather be a loyal pes fan than a glory hunter that no1 respects

I think you mean "fan-BOY" ;-)

Also nothing personal but your avatar may not be as funny as you think to a lot of people - one of my family members has a child who is mentally handicapped and I think if you were to experience the pain and heartbreak involved, you would think twice about using the term "retarded" in a mocking fashion, at least in a public forum.
When I look into that child's eyes and think of all the things in life she will miss out on that we take for granted, I feel that those of us fortunate enough to have sound mind and body should at least show respect and kindness to those that don't. Just my 2¢

On average how much is the DLC for MGO?

A true fan sticks through thick and thin. I'd rather be a loyal pes fan than a glory hunter that no1 respects

Gloryhunting doesn't apply for games, you just play what u like, end of story.

Also nothing personal but your avatar may not be as funny as you think to a lot of people - one of my family members has a child who is mentally handicapped and I think if you were to experience the pain and heartbreak involved, you would think twice about using the term "retarded" in a mocking fashion, at least in a public forum.
When I look into that child's eyes and think of all the things in life she will miss out on that we take for granted, I feel that those of us fortunate enough to have sound mind and body should at least show respect and kindness to those that don't. Just my 2¢

I agree.

Interview

This year's next gen versions still seem very much based on the PS2 version of the game. Will we see a big overhaul in graphics and game engine over the next couple of years in the next gen versions?

Seabass: Well I can already promise you that next year's version of PES will have a lot more new nets as you would expect because we're already working on these new nets right now. With the release of the PS3 we now have all the basic nets of the next gen at a starting stage finally. Now I don't have to worry about creating the basic nets for the next gen versions for next year, meaning I have already been able to start working on new nets. Now I'm able to promise new nets and a complete overhaul in every aspect of the nets.

We haven't seen many changes in PES's game modes for a while - are you planning new game modes for next year's version?

Seabass: For the game modes I understand that we haven't added many new nets which is quite problematic for us, even within the team. But actually all the new nets which we are going to put in the game for next season are already finished. Obviously I'd like to be able to tell you what these are, but you'll understand I can't tell you about the new nets for next season, when we haven't even released PES 2009 yet!
But it's not just the new nets which are important, but changes to the breezeblocks are even more crucial, so I don't want to forget about that aspect as well.

About DLC.
I Konami would ask money for updated squads after the transfer window, that would be a disgrace. EA gives them for free in FIFA...

What would interest me is paying for new leagues...i obviously would like to see the Belgian Jupiler League in the game, but i can imagine that outside Belgium few people will be interested. Same goes for other "minor" leagues like Portugal, Scotland, Switzerland,....

On the other hand, once again...if you buy FIFA09, you have all those leagues included in the initial prize when you buy the game.

Konami will have to be very original with their DLC if they don't want to offend their customers (again).

My guess is that the DLC will be nothing more that a squad update after the transfer window, which would be outrageous.

I still cant believe people on here dont buy pes.

I mean even lightweight pes fans buy the game. If you sign up to these forums you must be a keen fan and if even lightweight who watches gameplay vids etc still buys it then i dont see why people in here go on about how good fifa is and how much they cant wait for pes 2009 but will try befor they buy? Im sorry but the smallest of pes fans would still buy this game. You cant call yourself a fan unless you go out there and buy the thing no matter how many pes's you've bought. A true fan sticks through thick and thin. I'd rather be a loyal pes fan than a glory hunter that no1 respects

You really have a big problem understanding that all of us USED TO BUY PES! Even if some of us has a recent sign up date doesn't mean we just found out about PES for fuck sake.

And you buy PES for people to respect you? That's so funny, you sound like one of those old FIFA players that started to play PES because everyone else did it.

A real PES fan criticize parts of the game that needs improvment so the developers make it even better. You're the kind of fake fan that ruins the game for the rest of us who wants it more realistic. If seabass went out and said that they aim for an arcade game, then fine, but he's always talking about making a realistic game so that's why a lot of people complain about everything that's arcady in PES.

You really have a big problem understanding that all of us USED TO BUY PES! Even if some of us has a recent sign up date doesn't mean we just found out about PES for fuck sake.

And you buy PES for people to respect you? That's so funny, you sound like one of those old FIFA players that started to play PES because everyone else did it.

A real PES fan criticize parts of the game that needs improvment so the developers make it even better. You're the kind of fake fan that ruins the game for the rest of us who wants it more realistic. If seabass went out and said that they aim for an arcade game, then fine, but he's always talking about making a realistic game so that's why a lot of people complain about everything that's arcady in PES.

I agree with you on this.

Also that is why constructive criticism is vital. None of that nonsense bashing that adds nothing. Its all for the benefit of the game.

So, to summarize, nobody has a link to the Seabass-interview where he said the overhaul will be on PES 2009?
Well that fitts into my conclusion that he was talking about 2010 ;)

So, to summarize, nobody has a link to the Seabass-interview where he said the overhaul will be on PES 2009?
Well that fitts into my conclusion that he was talking about 2010 ;)

Look in my sig Han ;) He was talking about 2009 there.

I did a google with the first sentence of your sig and found the interview.
He did say it, I admit :) Funny, in my mind he was talking about 2010, so I might have mixed up two different interviews...

I found the one I mixed it up with; see the last line of it:

But in an interview with PSM3 Magazine, Seabass admitted: "We never wanted to release PES 2008 in this state on PS3.

"In fact, we thought about delaying it but different factors meant we had to [release it]."

Although Seabass didn't elaborate on these factors, it may have been related to the success of fierce rival series FIFA, and the further potential loss in sales to EA Sports' popular game had the game been delayed.

"It's so far away from what we wanted. As a developer, we've worked the same way since the days of SNES. We're simply not set up for multi-platform development."

And despite the fact that the next-gen version of PES has been in development for 2008, the pressures of developing for the PS3, PS2, PSP, Xbox 360 and PC seems to have taken its toll.

The game arrived with huge anticipation, and it could be that the disappointment was simply down to the sheer expectation stirred up by gamers. Moving on, however, Seabass was optimistic for future next-gen versions of the game.

"Look at the way the PS2 version panned out from the first to the last game. We're well on course to follow suit on PS3."

Fans are expecting a huge improvement for PES 2009, but despite Seabass showing some signs of optimism, he was cautious not to increase the expectations of the series' loyal band of followers.

"PES 2009 is in development, but after hearing the criticism, we'll be taking it back to the drawing board. It might not be next year, but it will be soon”, he said.

I did a google with the first sentence of your sig and found the interview.
He did say it, I admit :) Funny, in my mind he was talking about 2010, so I might have mixed up two different interviews...

Yea he did have another interview after this where I think he stated 2010 should be the one, thats after recieving much criticism.

EDIT: There you go. You found it.

Last edited:

Yes the one above your post which I almost posted at the same time as you did yours... :)

So in the first interview he was talking about an overhaul in PES 2009 and in the second he reconsidered and from that last line you indeed can read that he was talking about 2010.
I knew it :applaud:

I can't think of anything that Konami can add via DLC that they can justify charging for.

:THINK:

Well i would be tempted to pay for new leagues (i.e. packages of teams), but in all honesty why would one care if you have these teams in FIFA ????

I would never pay for boots, balls and stadiums...

I can't believe how anyone could accept DLC in forms of teams, balls or something like that. I don't think they would ever do that, because there is no reason for not adding stuff like this into the real game. If they would do this it would be the biggest "Fuck You" to the fans that Konami have ever pulled.

to go from 2008 to this imo thats an overhaul. They've taken that game and completely brought the standards back up. Now we have atleast half decent gameplay, a CL mode, quality online options, an edit mode and plenty other things that would sefice buying it. I still cant believe people on here dont buy pes.

How can it be an overhaul when PES2009 is widely being described as PES5 in HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom