PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

AntrAcsA promised you two or three weeks ago that he'll post here a translated version of the preview of PES 2009 by GamePlay magazine. Here it is.
This link is for scans from the preview.
http://rapidshare.com/files/143357077/pes2009.rar.html

Now, I would normally translate it, but I won't write the whole thing, because, it's almost nothing new, or something we didn't already knew.
At the start of the article, the writer shows off what a great feeling is to have a game in your hands that is going to come out after two months (wow, what a surprise :D ). After that, he states that this is almost 90% of the finished game, without including the online modes. Then he opens a new paragraph, about the improvements. He mentions the "PES Unites" slogan, and the "originally named" (by his thoughts) Become a Legend and Legends modes. After that he gives the details of Become a Legend - you create a player in a midfield of forward possition and control only him, etc etc (no details required, because we know everything written about it). Then he talks about the gameplay (finally). He starts by saying that PES 2009 doesn't have many improvements on the gameplay :-/ . The first thing you notice is the ball control, which is better than ever, and the ball physics, which gives realism, given the weather of the match (nothing new here). Then he states that the only bad thing about all this is that when you dribble, you hear a really ugly sound. Then he says that the positioning of AI players is really better, which always try to help each other, which makes a big problem of searching for open teammates. Concerns - he thinks that the animations, which are better than in PES 2008, aren't of the level of PES 6, and players run as if they swallowed a walking stick. His other concern are collisions. He says that he can never keep the ball and every collision with an opponent resulted in a counter-attack (which I don't think is a concern, but an improvement). Then he states that Konami have left the tackes unfinished, because almost every tackle resulted in a foul. In conclusion, he reject to give an evaluation of the game, but for him, this is the best footy simulation on the PC. He says he expects a great Fifa 09, but for him, rivalry makes you better, so next PES games should be really better. That's all from the article, 4 wasted pages (not only in pictures, but more for information, giving only 1-2 new things). That's why I wrote a summary, and not a translation. Just lazyness from typing long texts :D
What do you think?
!

That wasn't a very good preview at all talking about that the NEXT version of the game will be better (kind of reminds you of WENB always talking about how great PES 2010 will be). Sounds good that it's harder to tackle though, it shouldn't be easy, it should require skills to master defence.

"Players run as if they swallowed a walking stick", that's brilliant. :D

Have 2 agree there I hated the amount of fouls in a game of pes 5 but still i think it was the best in the series

This is one of the things I despised from PES5. If you even breathed next to a player it was a foul. Rediculous!

And "Players run as if they swallowed a walking stick", simply unacceptable. Why NOKAMI, Why?

Last edited:

I had no problem with the fouls in PES 5. It was skill based and that was why it was so good. People that got freekicks against themselves often are the people that suck in defence. The kind of people that doesn't time the standing tackles but instead run around holding down the button like a beginner. Just saying.

I had no problem with the fouls in PES 5. It was skill based and that was why it was so good. People that got freekicks against themselves often are the people that suck in defence. The kind of people that doesn't time the standing tackles but instead run around holding down the button like a beginner. Just saying.

Not talking about tackles here, but simply holding down "x" to push you off the ball. The foul sensitivity was way over the top.

PS3 & Xbox 360 versions of Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 will feature downloadable content later in the new year.

After speaking to a source close to a member of Microsoft’s Product Strategy department, Pro Evolution Soccer can exclusively reveal that downloadable content will be available for PES 2009 in Febuary 2009. It is unknown what the content will be, however it is confirmed that the downloadable content will be at a charge to downloaders.

PEN is not surprised at this announcement since Konami are keen to cash in on downloadable content and releasing updated team rosters and line-ups makes sense for fans of football and PES. It also coincides with the UEFA’s end of January transfer window deadline, meaning that Konami can get the most recent January transfer signings and include these in the downloadable update.

The following statement was released by a source close to the UK branch of MPS (Microsoft Product Strategy):

“It has come to the attention of Konami that the fans of PES are passionate enough about the PES series to require console updates on the latest features, details, and improvements of PES 2009. Because of this, Konami are due to release PES 2009 downloadable content that will be available in Febuary 2009 that will enhance the game to Konami’s potential. Any downloadable content will be chargable on all formats, and will offer gamers a more dynamic experience of the PES 2009 game.”

It’s a shame that the (possibly leaked) press release did not describe what could be in the downloadable content, but it’s great news none the less. Make sure to check back to PEN this monday when we will get the chance to speak to our source again and press for more details.

Please let us know what kind of things you would like to see in the confirmed downloadable content…

Wel thats atleast some good news,
but i wonder how much it wil cost,and how much wil be updated.

download content for pes? its useless. why? because all your editing will be lost once you download the new optionfile.

I'll kick off if we have to pay for squad updates or stuff like that.

Though as DaWu mentions, all your editing could be lost, so why bother?

^^thought the same thing. No point jumping to conclusions though. We'll just have to wait and see. If its not worth it, dont buy it.

Konami are really keeping the cards close to the chest this year(queue bashers to say because it's the same shit as last year....blah, blah)
I think I prefer it this way. I just pray this thread doesn't get flooded with images of the players a few weeks to release like last year.

Not talking about tackles here, but simply holding down "x" to push you off the ball. The foul sensitivity was way over the top.

Well, actually the X button wasn't really designed to be used like that. For example, holding R1 + X drains staminas 2x faster than holding only R1. It wasn't designed to be a "one-button do all" defence utility.

The whole point is that you don't need to hold X at any point. It is best used when you manouver into a good position with R2, R1 and the analog stick, and then just tap X to make the player do a quick stab tackle. Holding it constantly while running behind or next to someone is really agressive, though I will admit that some animations would have been welcome to show the more aggressive behavior of the defending player as you hold X, rather than opposition just falling down with seemingly little interference from your player. Still, I think it is good that holding X punishes you, it prevents beginners from being able to take the ball just by holding X and being assisted by the AI.

AND, you also need to consider the fact that X is very useful when you are actually intent on fouling a player. SOmetimes you just want to stop someone, and holding X and running is a reliable way, supposing the player you are trying to foul doesn't have alot of balance or speed etc.

i hope they have new kit, ball and boots dlc,also added new leagues dlc would be good. but being konami i dont expect any of it and buying the pc version its of no use to me anyway

Online.

Champions.

League.

I'm definitely betting it's got something to do with online modes.

Maybe it's an update for the Champions League, the Legends mode (maybe more than 4 players), or maybe something with both modes mixed :)

...Well, enough daydreaming.

It's definitely an interesting rumor, that's for sure.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

I just had an interesting thought about the demo stuff, while listening to the WENB podcast.

What if one comes out on the 11th - the Leipzig one - and later on, a demo with clubs and national teams (as the Konami PR told TheEditor from PesFan)?

From what I recall, there have been games in PSN that have had two different demos.

Random though of the day.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Seabass said it was an overhaul this year and i think it definetly is. It is such a step up from last year. So so so many things going on

I am still not convinced that the demo comes at 11 september.
Of course I hope it will, but the post of TheEditor ( PESFan ) tells us that Konami plainly denied it. If the rumour was true I think Konami would have said that they did not hear any of it blablabla
But they denied the rumour...
In the podcast of WENB Adam and Suff could not understand why Konami brings out the Leipzig demo at the same day as the FIFA-demo. That is just why I have my doubts about the truth of the rumour...
Let's hope I am wrong and that I am a happy downloader next thursday :)

Last edited:

Okay, you said that and I am pretty sure he was talking about PES 2010.
Is there a link to that interview?

Its 'that interview'. You know the one. Befor 2008 was released when he started slating it and said they were planning anoverhaul "in every aspect" for the new one i.e. 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom