PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

It is funny that one guy from WENB who is a PES fanboy said that KONAMI have to different build and he saw better version.Please mates don't trust because its bullshit.First KONAMI showed in Leapizg worse version,and demo will be the same,sorry but i don't understand why they want show something worse.This is abnormality.KONAMI have one version game:((
Demo will be the same as finally version!!!

Unless you work for KONAMI or have some special info, I don't see how you can be certain. If it is only your opinion you might want to avoid the word "will" in the context you used it. ;)

QUOTE:

"This is good news for those who want to play as any of the teams above, but it’s a shame Konami are not making the Pes 2009 demo a little more exciting, and releasing it a good few weeks before the game’s release date of 17/10/08."

Come on, a demo with 4 teams, rain and sun option, 2 human players and 10 min gameplay is fair enough for a footy demo. What do you want, two full leagues and 10 national teams and 90 min gameplay with 4 players online or so?

Aye it's smoke and mirrors now regarding the versions of the game.

Konami and those under agreements to them will keep the information ambiguous enough to ensure the communities anticipating it don't have a definate base to decide whether or not to purchase the game but must rely on conflicting rumour and it's not unreasonable now for those anticipating the release to assume that the end product will be the same as this generally criticised version shown.

They'll make the money from early adopters of the title and pre-orders as the hype is always there but any concrete proof as to the actual quality of the product will only filter through word of mouth.

Come on, a demo with 4 teams, rain and sun option, 2 human players and 10 min gameplay is fair enough for a footy demo. What do you want, two full leagues and 10 national teams and 90 min gameplay with 4 players online or so?[/QUOTE]

Exactly ! That would be nice !

Come on, a demo with 4 teams, rain and sun option, 2 human players and 10 min gameplay is fair enough for a footy demo. What do you want, two full leagues and 10 national teams and 90 min gameplay with 4 players online or so?

Exactly ! That would be nice ![/QUOTE]

Know some parasite would say that, too predictable..!

Thomas goal and Trance allstar no I don't work for KONAMI but i not a kid:)I remember very,very good last year and a lot of people said that Pes 2008 demo is a beta version and what we saw? Crap game the same as demo! Why company release demo? why? its simple because they want show customers how game will be looks.Sorry but if you think that KONAMI want show people crap build it mean that they are very,very stupid. It is normal that they want show the best version.I don't know why people don't understand this!pfff

Last edited:

I seem to remember that both FIFA08 and PES2008 were quite shabby in demo-form and the actual games were better upon release. I may be wrong but I don't think so.

As I said a page or two ago (this thread moves like the Jamaicans at this year's olympics), the FIFA 08 demo wasn't the final code. There were things people liked/disliked that were then changed in the final game. I think the speed of the game was one of them but I can't remember...

Not sure about the PES2008 demo, I remember that being the same as the retail game, but I only played the retail game for a weekend. But then I noticed the FIFA differences straight away so I would have thought I'd have noticed the PES differences straight away.

There was no difference on pES2008, it remained the same which is why WENB took so much flack.

I must admit I played We2008J League last night and really enjoyed it, the shooting as a little sensitive but the game was great the speed / collisions etc were spot on, I would happilyhave that on the Ps3 forget about thegraphics, I enjoyed it regardless the lack of shinny pictures made little difference to the game. If only I could translate all the menu options..

Sorry but if you think that KONAMI want show people crap build it mean that they very,very stupid.I don't think so that they are stupid.It is normal that they want show the best version.I don't know why people don't understand this!pfff

I think we're all aware that it would be extremely unusual for a company to release a BAD version of the game for Leipzig, but at the same time Konami aren't exactly known for their Public Relations, and it's EXACTLY the kind of nonsensical stupidity they're known for.

You wouldn't expect a game best known for being an accurate football simulation (until 2008) to have a load of dog heads or dinosaurs or ostriches or penguins in it either to near-unanimous disdain, but the daft sods still do it practically every single year.

PS "Go me" for flagging up the "Licensed Germany" issue before PesFan and WENB got the confirmation that Sep 11 Demo date and content was probably not true.

The suggestion that the new, later release date will have International AND club teams is a departure from last year's "6 team internationals only" 360 Demo, but at least it's more likely than them putting an unlicensed team in there - but now we're back to Konami being a PR Nightmare and whether they'd release versions that don't show the game in the best light again...

I am now starting to wonder whether this WENB "later build" is real, if only because they had it nearly a month ago and there's no suggestion we'll get to see any sign of a "later build" in something released weeks after Leipzig.

The question now is, if it is easier for Konami when creating the Demo to
1) Use a stripped down GOLD release (i.e. the retail version, with all the final pieces in place but limited to certain teams and modes),
2) Or, for the Demo to take the locked down version as used in Leipzig and just free up more teams and refresh the licenses, boots etc.

I don't know which path is easier to take for Konami, as I don't work in the software industry and don't know much about coding.

What I do know is that Lotus Notes version releases from IBM (a comparable worldwide software release, if with far more versions) tend to have multiple different versions being coded in parallel and then throw them together for a Beta and finally Gold release. They also continue to release updated fixes and versions of the same release afterwards, which is where PES differs greatly.

So, will we get a stripped back final version or an updated restricted areas in place Leipzig build ?

Last edited:

I have question about PRO EVO 2009 DEMO .
I have Xbox360 elite with 80 gb hard drive.
How can I get demo from internet?
thx for reply

You just need to create a Silver account (Free) or a Gold account (Pay). These can be done on your main 360 menu. This allows you to download demos from the market place.

I still think we will be pleasently surprised at how well it plays once the demo hits.

I am still looking forward to it despite EA's advantage:))

I have it on very good authority that the final build is better than the demo.

CB said:
As I said a page or two ago (this thread moves like the Jamaicans at this year's olympics), the FIFA 08 demo wasn't the final code. There were things people liked/disliked that were then changed in the final game. I think the speed of the game was one of them but I can't remember...

Not sure about the PES2008 demo, I remember that being the same as the retail game, but I only played the retail game for a weekend. But then I noticed the FIFA differences straight away so I would have thought I'd have noticed the PES differences straight away.

EA listen though. The things I remember changing were the speed/response and the AI difficulty was toned down. Don't know about pes08 though.

EA listen though. The things I remember changing were the speed/response and the AI difficulty was toned down. Don't know about pes08 though.
Ahhh yes, that was it. In the demo it was absolutely impossible to play against the CPU, even on semi-pro. They would annhialate you. In the full game it was different.

Thomas goal and Trance allstar no I don't work for KONAMI but i not a kid:)I remember very,very good last year and a lot of people said that Pes 2008 demo is a beta version and what we saw? Crap game the same as demo! Why company release demo? why? its simple because they want show customers how game will be looks.Sorry but if you think that KONAMI want show people crap build it mean that they are very,very stupid. It is normal that they want show the best version.I don't know why people don't understand this!pfff

I see what you mean. But it is a logical fallacy to assume with certainty that something that has happened in the past will happen again. You might just aswell make the argument that since they've made the mistake before, they've learned from it and will be making a big effort this year. :)

Of course I am suspicious just like you, and the fact that KONAMI seemingly hasnt't spoken a word to consumers about what versions are where and why makes me a bit "bleh", like anyone I guess. :)

dutch source http://www.gamed.nl/view/46918

Na Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 komt Pro Evolution Soccer 2009. Deze voetbalgame verschijnt in oktober op de PS2, de PS3, de PSP, de DS, de PC, de Wii en de Xbox 360.
De game ligt op 17 oktober in de winkels. Dit geldt voor alle versies op de Wii versie na, die komt in de lente van 2009. Op 11 september krijgt de game een demo op het PSN en de Xbox Live Marketplace.

PES2009 rlsing oct. 17th on every platform (except WII)in Holland

They said the demo would come out in the week of release so maybe they will still release it on the 30th(ish)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom