PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Demo news:

The details for the Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 demo have been leaked from a source close to the Europe Xbox Live distribution team. Although not confirmed by Konami themselves, our source can confirm that the PES 2009 demo will feature the following:

Four playable teams - Argentina, Sweden, Germany, and Spain.
10 minute match playable
One stadium choice
Choice of rain or sunny weather conditions
Only two human players at once can play each match

http://www.proevonews.co.uk/pes-2009-demo-confirmed-details-26.html

I'd hope it means that there's a maximum of two human players per match as opposed to restricting you to that otherwise that would be an exceptionally blonde decision on the part of Konami.

Am I being exceptionally blonde or does that really mean there's no 1 player v AI option in the demo?
Even Konami wouldn't do something silly like that :D
I think it means you cannot play it with more than two players.

Call me the Grammar Police, and believe me some have, but you'd think the distinction between ONLY being able to play the Demo with 2 human players and being able to play the Demo with UP TO 2 human players would be an important distinction for a "news" site to consider.

And hang on, GERMANY ? The unlicensed, players with wrong names, wrong faces and recently licensing problem-riddled GERMANY are going to be one of the 4 teams on the Demo ? Really ???? That seems rather unlikely, even if they've got the licensed kit for them.

I'm hoping we get a peek at the licensed boots in the Demo, like we got to see the lime-green Tunits for the first time in last year's 360 Demo. Can't wait to see if the Nike and Puma boots are in there... though if the game ends up sucking it won't matter, of course.

Call me the Grammar Police, and believe me some have, but you'd think the distinction between ONLY being able to play the Demo with 2 human players and being able to play the Demo with UP TO 2 human players would be an important distinction for a "news" site to consider.

And hang on, GERMANY ? The unlicensed, players with wrong names, wrong faces and recently licensing problem-riddled GERMANY are going to be one of the 4 teams on the Demo ? Really ???? That seems rather unlikely, even if they've got the licensed kit for them.

I'm hoping we get a peek at the licensed boots in the Demo, like we got to see the lime-green Tunits for the first time in last year's 360 Demo. Can't wait to see if the Nike and Puma boots are in there... though if the game ends up sucking it won't matter, of course.

Clever thinking Sherlock...

I wouldnt trust that information. Anyway we only have to wait 6 days until we can experience both FIFA 09 and PES 2009 in all their glory!

are you sure ??
Me i don't know, but the news says same date

PES 2009 Demo confirmed details (Thanks Vanished)

The details for the Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 demo have been leaked from a source close to the Europe Xbox Live distribution team. Although not confirmed by Konami themselves, our source can confirm that the PES 2009 demo will feature the following:

Four playable teams - Argentina, Sweden, Germany, and Spain.
10 minute match playable
One stadium choice
Choice of rain or sunny weather conditions
Only two human players at once can play each match
This is good news for those who want to play as any of the teams above, but it’s a shame Konami are not making the Pes 2009 demo a little more exciting, and releasing it a good few weeks before the game’s release date of 17/10/08.

Hopefully we are going to be playing a early release of the demo, or possibly the full game next friday, so look out for an in-depth look in the game then.

http://www.proevonews.co.uk/pes-2009-demo-confirmed-details-26.html

If it's true, that mean, demo more advanced than Liepzig and Germany under licence ?

Last edited:

I take back my earlier comment then. Does this mean that the four international teams are fully licensed?

It would be weird if they allowed you to play with unlicensed teams. I would feel they would need to display their game the best they can. That would include kits and proper names in the demo. Germany has been notoriously lacking in licensing in previous pes games as we all know :D

Let's not forget, it is Konami we are talking about eh...

Let's not forget, it is Konami we are talking about eh...

I know, I know but I can't remember ever playing an unlicensed team in a demo in the past. I may be wrong but nothing springs to mind straight away. PES3 may be? Not sure

Germany might still be unlicensed though

Because the official rights to Arsenal (for example) will only be allowed to be used within the Champions League competition format. That's just the way it works, unfortunately.
why fucking bother? what a fucking waste of time

Good morning gents.

A few comments here and there:

1 - About the demo content and teams: there's indeed something fishy over there. It's the first time we hear something pointing to Germany being fully licensed. Interesting news if true, but I'm going to wait 'til we get some official confirmation.

2 - Demo modes: 2 players seems adequate, but in previous years the demos were always 5 minutes and 1 player... Once again, I'm all up for 10 minutes and 2 players, but I'll wait 'til someone actually plays it.

3 - "Only 2 players": once again, that's not an official statement, so I think the grammar police could give them some slack :) I'm with Mart, however.

Nonetheless, remember that this is all still unofficial. There's always the chance of coming next Thursday only the FIFA demo being there.

About the Champions League license and such, let me do a bit of reasoning here.

First of all, it wouldn't be a first for Konami to have licensed things somewhere, and a non-licensed copy somewhere else. I recall the German players, as well as the Dutch players on some older versions (I don't recall if it was on PSOne or PS2). I vividly recall having a licensed Davids player on the national team, and a, unlicensed Davids on the club where he played. Sadly, at the time, you could buy bothon your Master League, but I'm keeping my hopes that that doesn't happen now.

However, about the CL being licensed and the teams being licensed only in that mode... Unless there's a legal loophole here, I'd say that there are these options in what concerns CL integration:

1 - The CL absolutely only exists as a single mode;
2 - The CL exists as a single mode as well as integrated with the Master League and Fantasista mode. HOWEVER, the teams are unlicensed when playing in ML or Fantasista, only the CL is licensed, with adboards, logos and theme songs.

I'd secretly hope that the 2nd option would be the one to be real, but I'm keeping my hopes low.

I'm not considering online modes, however, even though I'm not hoping for any specifically CL related, since that license came up a bit late in the development cycle.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

I'm sorry for the second post, I usually edit the previous one, but I felt that this would be lost in the middle of the first one.

Can anyone tell me whether or not this http://www.proevonews.co.uk site is legitimate? I mean, they have all sorts of info there, that I can't help but wonder if they really have connections and real info, or are just full of gossip and rumors.

For instance, they say that the official date is October 17th - hardly surprising since we are all estimating it to be around that time - but they say that it's official.

Last week they said that Konami had scheduled a demo to be released in the Xbox Marketplace for the 19th that could be PES2009. Now they are bringing it forward for the 11th, sure, it could have been updated.

They are now stating that the official RRP is £39.99 as being the official price, even though you could have inferred it from online retail stores.

It also has some videos which I can't assert whether or not they are new.

Finally, this blog has started just a week ago, on August, 26th.

Is this "William" person to be trusted? Does anyone know if he's part of the community?

I mean this with no disrespect. It's just that such a new site making such bold claims... Let's hope they are real, and that it's not just someone trying to pick on gossip and saying "official" stuff by deducing it from websites. Sure, he claims that "they" have kept connections from Konami because of having previously worked with OPM during the MGS1 days, but I'd say that it can easily be a false claim just to get popularity and trust from the readers.

Anyone?

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

Last edited:

About the 'only two players' thing, the maker from the site answered on questions about it:
You CAN play against the cpu, however what was meant that you can only have a maximum of two human players playing in one match, rather than three or four.

Speaking to Konami this morning it seems not all the above information is entirely true.

A release date for the demo still hasn't been confirmed but it is likely to be released onto Marketplace and PSN 3 weeks before the game hits the stores. Regarding the 'build' version, it will probably be the same as the Leipzig demo which received a negative reception on the forums despite players at the PES Rankings finale seemingly happy with it.

The demo should feature several licensed club and international teams, different to the teams on offer at Leipzig , which you can use in a 5 minute exhibition match with up to 4 players on the 360 and PC, with 7 players possible on the PS3.

That basically means in reality, theres no difference between the Leipzig build and any other and thats the one we're gonna get in retail copies.

Wonderful...

Who is TheEditor?
I do not expect Konami to confirm a rumour before Konami thinks it is the time to publish...

I was pleased with the post with the exception of the build part, great PR Konami.

TheEditor is from PESfan.

So its not confirmed that the demo will be arriving on September 11th?

Sadly, what TheEditor says makes much more sense.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

[EDIT] Yes, it is not confirmed yet that the demo will arrive on September, 11th.

From a Spanish website - PES2009 october 15 on PS3/PS2/360 & PC (Thanks JJoseca)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 saldrá el 15 de octubre

Konami ha anunciado que la demo de Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 ya tiene fecha de lanzamiento, así como también el lanzamiento del juego, y resulta que el título se estrenará a nivel mundial en Europa.

La demo del juego llegará el 11 de septiembre, es decir, en pocos días, tanto a Xbox 360 como a PlayStation 3 a través de sus sistemas de distribución digital. Competirá directamente, por tanto, con FIFA 09.

Pero lo que más interesará a los aficionados es su fecha de lanzamiento: 15 de octubre en Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2 y PC. La versión para PSP sigue sin fecha fijada (aunque está prevista para noviembre), y la de Wii llegará más adelante, en 2009.

El juego se estrenará en Japón un poco más tarde, durante el mes de noviembre.

http://www.vandal.net/noticia/34489/pro-evolution-soccer-2009-ya-tiene-fecha-de-lanzamiento/

Right, I also forgot - thanks TG.

The fact that the proevonews blog mentions that it is confirmed that the PSP version will release at October 17th is an innapropriate claim.

In all previous years, the PSP version has always been released later. Also, for this year, it's estimated to be relased in time for Christmas - which, albeit vague, still points to "not the same date as the rest".

These conflicting official reports about the demo are troubling me.

Which are, supposedly, the more official ones?

I can see the Konami PR dismissing the rumours like they did to TheEditor, saying that "there's no date yet". Is there any supposed official statement?

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

It is funny that one guy from WENB who is a PES fanboy said that KONAMI have to different build and he saw better version.Please mates don't trust because its bullshit.First KONAMI showed in Leapizg worse version,and demo will be the same,sorry but i don't understand why they want show something worse.This is abnormality.KONAMI have one version game:((
Demo will be the same as finally version!!!

That basically means in reality, theres no difference between the Leipzig build and any other and thats the one we're gonna get in retail copies.

Wonderful...
Did anybody believe that??? Konami will give to us the same game that has been releasing for 2 years...

It is funny that one guy from WENB who is a PES fanboy said that KONAMI have to different build and he saw better version.Please mates don't trust because its bullshit.First KONAMI showed in Leapizg worse version,and demo will be the same,sorry but i don't understand why they want show something worse.This is abnormality.KONAMI have one version game:((
Demo will be the same as finally version!!!

Junka number 2 ?

just look that
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1432821&postcount=3327

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom