PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

new animations on pass and shoots?

I think he was talking generally. I doubt he knows what changes Konami are currently making to the game. Any new animations are always welcome with me but i dont think there will be enough this year

@muzza. That was the first thought in my mind too. Imagine both PES and FIFA releasing on the 3/10. There will be blood
When you said that I thought of a remixed "There Will Be Love" by Maroon 5... "There wiiiiiiiiiiill be bloooooooood..."

This CL mode sounds pointless, unless it's implemented into a career mode. I imagine what they've done is this:

1. choose CL Mode
2. select your team from the 32 possible choices
3. begin competition from group stage
4. play 13 games
5. win CL
6. Game Over

If the mode is not incorporated fully into the ML, then it's pointless. In fact, I've played this mode for years already on the PS2, it's called the Konami Cup (or whatever you like if you patch your game).

My worst fear is to see duplicate players and teams, one licensed and one unlicensed, in the database. My opinion has always been that if you can't get all the licenses, then don't get any at all. But, you must enable the community to edit the hell out of the game without ANY restrictions.

EDIT: On 2nd thought, if the CL mode is online, where you can set up a league, then it would be cool.

Last edited:

This CL mode sounds pointless, unless it's implemented into a career mode. I imagine what they've done is this:

1. choose CL Mode
4. play 13 games
5. win CL
6. Game Over

I'm sure this is how it will be - an isolated mode that allows you to play the CL format only - and it will not be interlinked with the ML. I think, in legal terms, the CL license can only be applied this way. I don't think the CL mode will have anything to do with the ML, hence no duplicate players.

There was a similar situation in the last Brian Lara cricket game if any of you have played it. All the teams, kits and players were licensed in the official ICC tournament modes, but in a regular exhibition match they were unlicensed with fake player names.

1. choose CL Mode
4. play 13 games
5. win CL
6. Game Over

If the mode is not incorporated fully into the ML, then it's pointless. In fact, I've played this mode for years already on the PS2, it's called the Konami Cup (or whatever you like if you patch your game).

My worst fear is to see duplicate players and teams, one licensed and one unlicensed, in the database. My opinion has always been that if you can't get all the licenses, then don't get any at all. But, you must enable the community to edit the hell out of the game without ANY restrictions.

EDIT: On 2nd thought, if the CL mode is online, where you can set up a league, then it would be cool.

Yep, I totally agree.
The so called Champions league mode will be just like the Konami Cup or the other useless cups...:DOH:

Well, but I'm really looking forward to 11th of September.
Can't wait to play the game by myself and make my own opinion... :EASY:

I mean, the beauty of the real CL is the struggle of a team's manager to decide which competition is more important at any given time during a season. When to play or rest players, differing tactics for league, domestice cup, or European competition, etc., is what makes the football season truly interesting.

This mode sounds neutered or like it's taking place in a vacuum.

I mean, the beauty of the real CL is the struggle of a team's manager to decide which competition is more important at any given time during a season. When to play or rest players, differing tactics for league, domestice cup, or European competition, etc., is what makes the football season truly interesting.

This mode sounds neutered or like it's taking place in a vacuum.

id still rather have it in the game than not have it in;))

They have no real cups so this will just be an attempt as boosting this part of the game. They've tried improving a little on everything. But if you can have a fully licensed arsenal in ML etc then its all go. I dont see how they cant have the same licensed team in both. If its on the game under konami pes 2009 then why the hell not. Sureley if Ars for example is on the game then they can do whatever they want with them.

They have no real cups so this will just be an attempt as boosting this part of the game. They've tried improving a little on everything. But if you can have a fully licensed arsenal in ML etc then its all go. It dont see how they cant have the same licensed team in both. If its on the game under konami pes 2009 then why the hell not.

Because the official rights to Arsenal (for example) will only be allowed to be used within the Champions League competition format. That's just the way it works, unfortunately.

id still rather have it in the game than not have it in;))

I'd rather them not waste their time on a mode that's pointless. Especially when there are other areas of the game that desperately need attention (I'm looking at you, ML). Considering Seabass's team is very small, their time is even more precious.

I'm frustrated by the apparent lack of direction and progress. It seems that there's no true goal from the team, other than to turn out update after update and call that a new game. The amount of "progress" from year to year makes it seem like there's only one man working on the game. One lazy man.

Seriously, what other game in the history of games, can you go back 6 years and notice very little difference to the latest version?

I remember a games magazine (I think it was the official PlayStation magazine) saying "no other game could get away with so little evolution from game to game; but Pro Evo does because it's still better than its competitors". Or words to that effect.

That was years ago though.

This game could be given an award for best game ever created, give its customers each £1000 in cash and cause the untimely death of Fifa and people would still be moaning

This game could be given an award for best game ever created, give its customers each £1000 in cash and cause the untimely death of Fifa and people would still be moaning

The very fact that last year, PES2008 got brilliant reviews means 2009 could very well be given an award for the best game ever made.

Giving us £1000 each wouldn't mean we'd gloss over its flaws really would it?

And I think if FIFA died, then it'd be a bad thing for gaming as a whole. Competition breeds progress (in Konami's case, not much, but still...)

Because the official rights to Arsenal (for example) will only be allowed to be used within the Champions League competition format. That's just the way it works, unfortunately.

It's that "no more than two teams in the Premier League can be licensed and FIFA hold the only full license" thing again - but it sounds like Konami have got around it by licensing the Prem clubs in the CL alone.

Which doesn't REALLY make a lot of sense, and I hope there's no legal threat from the Premier League which could be a big problem for Konami if there is - and that's not to mention the total mess the player database could get into with potentially 3 different versions of Berbatov and Ballack for a start - but overall, even though it's only a competition in isolation, at least it's a REAL competition, with REAL teams. I never play ML and the International Cup format was one of my most played modes, so a real CL will be a nice replacement for that.

It would be cute if they managed to get all the potential qualifiers from the final Prelim round as well as the automatic qualifiers, so there was a selection of European Club National Champions (some of whom ended up in the UEFA Cup IRL) and you'd hav a choice of your teams, but just getting 32 clubs in something with proper branding on it is a start - though they might be 2008's, PES has recently been right up to date with teams (though BATE and Cluj are going to tax them a bit).

As for the demo, I'm glad it's sooner and worried that the "Leipzig build" excuses are being trotted out already. It's got to be getting to be "gold" by now, why release something that makes the game look worse than it is, unless it's actually going to be that bad ? You can only put people off, surely ? Well, at least I'll get some nice screenshots next week.

i definetly remember hearing ages ago about online tournament you can do with people. Prob is in the game. CL online maybe? They definetly wont go to all tht trouble if you can only play the cup and then its over

You're probably right, but at least there seem to be fewer reasons to complain today that for the last few weeks.

Incidentally, on the subject of the Xbox360, I keep reading that the forthcoming dashboard update is supposed to be allowing for much easier USB/external device connectivity so getting the pics into PES2009 for editing may be much easier than on PES2008 ? Dunno if anyone has a useful link for that though, most of the YouTube videos focus entirely on avatars...

Last edited:

So both demos out at the same time. Nice, 6 days to go then, and we will see what both are like. But for PES im sure it will be the leipzig demo just because they always limit the teams in their demos for us. As wasnt the better demo the one where you could use all teams? They will be lazy and crap and just use that.

Unless we will be surprised.

Wonder what teams there will be for both demos?

i definetly remember hearing ages ago about online tournament you can do with people. Prob is in the game. CL online maybe? They definetly wont go to all tht trouble if you can only play the cup and then its over

I think if they'll go to a load of legal trouble just to get two Prem sides officially licensed in an otherwise unrealistic "England League" that goes nowhere they'll happily slap some CL logos on their game to get a bunch of other real kits and a proper tournament whether it's online or not (and I suspect not but I'd like to be wrong on that one).

I may be giving Konami too much credit for planning here, but it does explain why they had Spurs and Newcastle last year if they were always going for the B(or)I(in)G 4 and CL license this year.

If Bayern is not licensed, it would be in CL mode? thats what Im expecting.

exscuse me.....i'am a new italian member! i don't speak a very good english lenguage....but i have a question: where are the pes 2009 player stats( for example.... stats of gerrard, gilardino,lavezzi....ecc) in wich thread??

help me please!

Nowhere because there are not screen captures of those stats. However, if you have PS2, you can buy JLeague 2008, since the stats are the same there as in the future PES2009. That is the same every year, and knowing how Seabass works in the stats of the players (sarcasm), they will be the same on PES2009. But take in mind that Jleague does not have national teams.

You mean wishfull thinking that you finally be happy? No it isn't.
In fact I knew some of you will never be, concerning PES. ;)

Where I did say I was not happy with this game? Review my posts and you wont find me moaning like other guys here... please...

I will moan (If I want to) once I play the game. But for me, even if the gameplay is so broken like last year, a good edit mode and a good online will be enough to make me happy. I know it is not enough (no need to flame me) but things are like that. I hope they fix at least framerate issues and some stupid and weird things that happen in the game (GK's, somebody?).

Last edited by a moderator:

As i only play PC version, i'll be happy if they jusy fix the keepers, framerate and online service......don't care about the edit mode cos it's easier to patch the PC version.

As i only play PC version, i'll be happy if they jusy fix the keepers, framerate and online service......don't care about the edit mode cos it's easier to patch the PC version.

Yeah, I find it easy to patch the PC version too....

I let BURNA do it then copy his folders onto mine. :-pp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom