PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Gobshite.

Indeed, and is he banned yet ?

PS With you on the shirt untucking, and anything else that should be in the edit mode to provide more accurate personalisation of players but isn't. It makes a massive difference to entirely created teams of your mates for a start.

I wonder if the 3/4 length sleeve adidas Mexico shirt style is an edit mode option..? 4 layers and 70 kits per layer is a good start but they'll need to be authentic and with no glaring omissions (e.g. Puma templates)... :D

PC troll posts removed and any that quoted it. The user has been warned in this instance.

What do you mean? WENB has mentioned that you can upload JPG pictures from HD to the game.

What do you mean with loads of threads? Allow me to doubt about it since copies of the game to the testers has not been distributed yet. Exactly, which problem you mean? If the logo editor is there, where is the problem then?

The logo option is there dude. There is nothing to worry.

Yes, this topic sucks. But those are old news :lol:

The logo is different to sponsor. Logo is the badge. Sponsor is carlsberg etc. I also have a 360 so i cant download and import stuff easily like you can on a ps3 or pc nor will i ever try to.

There are loads of threads ive written on about how edit mode will suck if you cant put sponsors on kits cos sponsors are what make them look official

Hi all.

From what I understand, and I've already said that, what you want is the PES2010 exclusive mode called "Become a Manager".

You'll start out being an assistant manager of a 2nd league team called PES United, coordinating practice sessions, and having little influence on the tactics.

During the matches, you'll have influence on the tactics, when to activate each strategy, and when to substitute players. There might be an option for you to play the games, but so far it has not been confirmed.

If you start doing well, you'll start having more influence and start being able to pick a starting eleven, or a formation as well.

You'll have the possibility of watching other teams' games, to scout for potential new stars, and recommend them to the main manager. When you're promoted to main manager, you'll have access to a budget and are able to directly request transfers, loans of players as well as resignations.

You'll get proposals to move to higher clubs, and hopefully, one day, a national team, leading them to glory. While in the national team, you'll have to draft players - a la "International Tournament" mode that we used to have in some of the PS2 versions (it's not in PES2008 next-gen, right?).

Is this what you want?

After putting it on paper, I'm honestly all up for it. I don't miss it at the moment, but I concede that I would enjoy it if it were there.

Still, the Master League as it is is the core of the PES single-player experience for many. The idea of picking a squad of newbies and bringing them to victory of 1st division and the WEFA cup is simply brilliant, you really feel you won it against all odds. There's a huge sense of accomplishment and satisfation. I always enjoyed evolving young players hoping that some other clubs would notice them. Good times.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

P.S. - Just to make it clear for the few people who don't know whether or not I'm serious, this is obviously NOT a rumored mode for PES2010. ;)

To me thats the only good thing about it

Its not the essence of the development in the game its the way its been implemented. The stats are exaggerated too far for my liking. I love developing my players like the rest of you but too many players can easily become superstars. Players improve way too much. Torres is already a good player in the game but his stats end up all on high 94/95s. Even the very best classic players dont have this. I think they have to get the balance right

I've been playing the same mode since PES3 and haven't noticed any real changes. That mode will become redundant for me (or pretty much as done already). I've gone through the process of winning with Valeny and co and getting into the first league. Its a nice mode but ive played it too much. I want a bit of diversity now.

I don't ever think I will get that in depth experience a game like football manager offers. After playing that game on and off since 00/01 campaign I probably expect too much from the Master League. I probably should take it for what it was, a fantasy campaign mode but i am always wanting more.

Last edited:

Major Info about CL And other things
First up, there will be a fully licensed Champions League mode featuring the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United!

Some not so good news as well, unfortunately it looks like some clubs will only be partially licensed, and La Liga will only feature a few top clubs fully licensed,while others may have fake kits and team names. Good thing we’ve got a fantastic edit mode this year, Carl will have his work cut out for the WENB option file!

And finally, some big news- PES 2009 demo hits the marketplace September 11th, same date as Fifa! No confirmation of PSN though, I’ll be in touch with them to find out.

All info from the mole in his post here

Let us know what you think in the comments!

*UPDATE* After checking with sparky, PES 2009 will be hitting PSN on the same date aswell!

September 11th! Wow, not far away now. This must be PC too right? That news about la liga only having a few clubs is annoying. This so called deep edit mode may be able to easily eradicate those problems. The PC version will be fine for this anyway

Please no excuses... This is really great that we can compare the two demos. Can't wait to play PES 5... I mean PES 2009, it's gonna be so next gen!

Hmmm interesting. I just hope they upload a different more up to date demo than the Leipzig demo.

Hope so....but I doubt it. Cool that the demo's should be out same day, but still only demos and alot can change from now to the actual release of each game.

Last edited:

And finally, some big news- PES 2009 demo hits the marketplace September 11th, same date as Fifa! No confirmation of PSN though, I’ll be in touch with them to find out.

All info from the mole in his post here

Let us know what you think in the comments!

*UPDATE* After checking with sparky, PES 2009 will be hitting PSN on the same date aswell!

Before getting my hopes up, what's the source for this info? I'd really hate to be heartbroken again, after last year PSN not getting a demo at all before the game...

Edit: Oh, ok, it's from PellUk... Interesting.

Nonetheless, I really wasn't expecting this at all.

By the way, following up my previous post, can anyone remember if the International Challenge mode was in PES2008 next gen, or PES6?

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

It wasn't in PES2008 but it was in PES6 I think? I don't even remember playing it ha

Thanks. I miss drafting players to make the best National squad.

On topic, again, if this demo news is legitimate, then it's going to be one hell of a week next week!

I pray that they have the "Become a Legend" camera there :)

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

No confirmation of PSN though... here we go again?!

Calm down ;)

WENB said:

PSN same date ;)

The logo is different to sponsor. Logo is the badge. Sponsor is carlsberg etc. I also have a 360 so i cant download and import stuff easily like you can on a ps3 or pc nor will i ever try to.

There are loads of threads ive written on about how edit mode will suck if you cant put sponsors on kits cos sponsors are what make them look official

Yes, I understand what you mean with logo (badge) and sponsors.

I think your worries are not justified. You can capture pictures from HD and put in the shirts. That was possible last year just with Eye-Toy (PS3). I talk about ps3, I am not sure about X360.

Last news are great news!

You mean wishfull thinking that you finally be happy? No it isn't.
In fact I knew some of you will never be, concerning PES. ;)

Looking foward to the demo, I hope its not the Leipzig build.

Well, I guess it's time to really start praying that we don't get the Leipzig demo then. Not trying to make a point, just it couldn't hurt, right, seeing that there likely are newer better versions out there. :)

Well, it sure is nice to get the demo in about a week rather than a week before release. Hope it applies to PC aswell, but haven't seen anything about it (only Xbox and PS3 mentioned), and seeing how they supposedly fast-tracked the demo date, they might've only prepared the console demos for distribution.

posted on pelluk

"Mole has informed me that the latest edition of the game includes a separate fully licensed Champions League mode including Arsenal, Chelsea, United & Liverpool. He has not confirmed whether or not the licensed teams can be used outside of this mode, but neither has he said they can't.

Unfortunately on a less bright note, it would appear a lot of clubs aren't fully licensed, particularly in the Spanish league. Atletico Madrid being the one mentioned along with a few others that you would normally expect to be.

The demo will be on marketplace on the 11th September, same day as FIFA 09"

if it's "fully licensed" and that includes united, chelsea, arsenal and the scousers it implies all champions league teams are licensed at least in this mode.

but later it then says atletico madrid aren't licensed so does this mean that not all champions league teams are licensed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom