PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

This guy says PES 09 will support the ps3 trophy function, but ill leave it to you whether you choose to believe this guy.

He also says Champions League will be in PES09 but yet again you make your own judgement. :)

YouTube - PES 2009 vs FIFA 09 - Playr 2 Preview (30th Aug 08)

Did the video says FIFA09 is the fastest of all FIFA in terms of pace? And expect tons of pin ball passes and counter attacks galore?? Hm... sound like PES08 to me ha..... :w00t:

Even the biggest PES/WE fans have to admit that Konami is lazy and lacks creativity.
Lazy: i'm far from an hardcore games but i don't understand why i PS3 game has less content than a PS2 version...

A lack of creativity: over the years the lack of licenses turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Thanks to the deep (well before the PS3) edit mode people became DIY adpets in PES. That was the foundation for a marvelous community. Why not do something creative with that community.

They could something a litle bit similar to Football Manager Live but even more creative.

Let people edit players and teams, witth a maximum amount of stats and organize online competitions between these home made teams. People could buy each others "creations" (i.e. a created player). That way there would be a transfer market.
In addition to that there could be an option to create "youth players" (every year a limited amount with limited stats).
IMHO that could be one of the greatest possible online games...
But Konami simply doesn't bother to listen to that wonderfull and huge community, let alone use them in a creative way.

People can argue about the quality of the gameplay (oh and don't like PES2008 either), but i don't think that one can argue about this laziness and the lack of creativity....

The reason why it seems samey is because it's a sports game. There's no storyline, or any of that jazz, what you have when you buy it is the same when you snap the disc. Pro Evo was just about as good as it gets on the PS2

Sorry but that's nonsense, PES' ML stayed the same for years and years, hence people like me finally getting sick of it, there's a million and one things they could have added to the ML to make it longer, deeper, more enjoyable, more longevity, how about national team manager? International tournaments during the off season? Two very simple things that would have added loads to the "manager" mode. It took them how many PS2 iterations to come up with Fantastista mode? Seeing as there have been a number of games in the past that have featured such a mode it can't be excused as "Konami just thought of it". Ever PES release that I remember during my time on these forums was met by massive wish lists for the next versions, specifically of interest to me was the wish lists for ML which came up with dozens of really useful additions/fixes/updates to ML going back years and years and they were all ignored.

I can't believe this thread has got so big in a few weeks! Do we know anymore now than we did a few weeks back? I'm specifically interested in gameplay (and the edit mode). Not bothered about any of the other ingredients.

they should have added pes manager to the game ages ago and then add 2nd divisions so we could have proper relegation

PES has to move with the advancements in new games technology. The series was absolutley brilliant during the PS2 years (1999-2006) but now we are in the next gen era and the game must adopt a fresh start that incorporates the power of the 360 & PS3. With both PES 6 and PES 2008 the only area which the game has utilised next gen ideology is that its in high definition. Its clear that the series has become somewhat stagnant and that Konami are stumbling, by not knowing whether to support the large PS2 userbase in Japan or please the 360 & PS3 users in North America and more importantly Europe.

Its obvious that Konami are going to move towards the 360 and PS3 and embrace both fully, but this wasted time is affecting the series usually high standards. What I can see in PES 2009 is that some areas have been slightly improved such as the graphics and the game modes. But these have been fairly small changes. From what I have heard from WENB & Seabass himself, PES 2010 should have a new game engine and I am fully confident that the 'magic' that some people refer to will still remain while the game becomes closer and closer to a football simulation.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry but that's nonsense, PES' ML stayed the same for years and years, hence people like me finally getting sick of it, there's a million and one things they could have added to the ML to make it longer, deeper, more enjoyable, more longevity, how about national team manager? International tournaments during the off season? Two very simple things that would have added loads to the "manager" mode. It took them how many PS2 iterations to come up with Fantastista mode? Seeing as there have been a number of games in the past that have featured such a mode it can't be excused as "Konami just thought of it". Ever PES release that I remember during my time on these forums was met by massive wish lists for the next versions, specifically of interest to me was the wish lists for ML which came up with dozens of really useful additions/fixes/updates to ML going back years and years and they were all ignored.

Most of the ML stuff people go on about doesn't really appeal to me. Implementing International tournaments in ML seems a bit pointless when you can't take part, similarly managing the national team would also be dire if FM is anything to go by. Infact, manager mode seems completely pointless to me. Unless they can get an FM level of realism to the tactics then it would be pointless. These gimmicky modes don't really appeal to me, not even Fantasista mode.

I tend to play ML the same way which means that I'll play it for a good few months, and that is to take a team of 16/17 year olds and turn them from turds into heroes. No matter what they do to it I'll probably still play it this way, so they can make as many changes to it as they want but it wont really affect the way I play, so meh.

Also the bit that you quoted is quite possibly the truthiest thing I've ever said.

I agree with Badger on this.

The modes you stated seem pointless, even the tournaments thing, you complain about a mode you can use already, if your that concerned, surely you could just go to cup mode and play a cup of your choice atleast this way you can actually play the game. Rather than just know its happening in ML which would be pointless, and same with the national team manager, its about playing the game, not managing it.

I believe ML can do with some more useful updates, to increase longevity, just make it 3 divisions, and then just have like 20 teams in each, then to make it more realistic, change points into real sort of money amounts, and bang that would stop most complaints. Well thats the first update im waiting for, then Ill be happy with the ML.

I play it the same as Badger also, try and get some youngsters and turn them into heroes, but with the latest tourny makes it even harder, only use 3 letters, so can only buy players with their names beginning with N U or Y, and then play against mates in league format, it makes it last longer :D

Most of the ML stuff people go on about doesn't really appeal to me. Implementing International tournaments in ML seems a bit pointless when you can't take part

I agree with Badger on this.

The modes you stated seem pointless, even the tournaments thing, you complain about a mode you can use already, if your that concerned, surely you could just go to cup mode and play a cup of your choice atleast this way you can actually play the game. Rather than just know its happening in ML which would be pointless, and same with the national team manager, its about playing the game, not managing it.

The point you're both somehow failing to grasp is that obviously you would manage and play the national team matches if you're hired by a national team. Do well enough with your club team and you get hired by a national team, during the off season there are international tournaments that you pick players for and play the matches, with the hopes obviously of winning the tournament. It's a suggestion that's been made for years by numerous PES fans so I'm clearly not the only one who'd like to see it, it's certainly a far better upgrade to ML than "some of your players might sulk and not sign new contracts" *yawn*.....

Oh no a ML discussion! Don't get me involved. Improvements and changes won't effect how much badger may play the mode but it would certainly effect how much I play it. They should have definitely looked into the player development. Too many players on the game become superstars. Stupidly unrealistic stats become too apparent after a few seasons.

I agree with Placebo. The ML should become more deep. It should have incorporated features from PES Management a long time ago. I hope it will eventually become a cross of SWOS and Football Manager.

The point you're both somehow failing to grasp is that obviously you would manage and play the national team matches if you're hired by a national team. Do well enough with your club team and you get hired by a national team, during the off season there are international tournaments that you pick players for and play the matches, with the hopes obviously of winning the tournament. It's a suggestion that's been made for years by numerous PES fans so I'm clearly not the only one who'd like to see it, it's certainly a far better upgrade to ML than "some of your players might sulk and not sign new contracts" *yawn*.....

Managing still sounds shit.

I don't want to watch the computer take on the computer, doing moves that I wouldn't do. That would just get on my tits watching my players get into a good position before cocking it up.

If it could be as engrossing as FM then they'd be onto something, but I don't see it happening.

Last edited:

But you would still be in control of the players?

So you'd be the manager of an international team and get to play 4 games a year before having a tournament every 2 years?

It sounds shit, and the way you want it implemented sounds as if you can jump from club to club willy nilly. I can't see how this would be implemented without it being a clusterfuck.

So you'd be the manager of an international team and get to play 4 games a year before having a tournament every 2 years?

It sounds shit, and the way you want it implemented sounds as if you can jump from club to club willy nilly. I can't see how this would be implemented without it being a clusterfuck.

You don't jump from club to club, you would have to see out a contract, 1, 2, 3 years or whatever, you do the qualifying in between ML matches and then in the off season every 2 years (depending on what national team you manage) you play the tournament. The prestige you earn with the national team is then incorporated in your ML, so for example you might be struggling in the league with your ML team but if you're doing well with the national team you can still sign better players for your ML team, etc. etc. etc.

You might not like the idea but thousands of people do that's why it's been suggested every year since I can remember......

You don't jump from club to club, you would have to see out a contract, 1, 2, 3 years or whatever, you do the qualifying in between ML matches and then in the off season every 2 years (depending on what national team you manage) you play the tournament. The prestige you earn with the national team is then incorporated in your ML, so for example you might be struggling in the league with your ML team but if you're doing well with the national team you can still sign better players for your ML team, etc. etc. etc.

You might not like the idea but thousands of people do that's why it's been suggested every year since I can remember......

The problem is that managers struggling in the lower ends of the league do not get jobs to manage national teams. Also I can't think of any managers about today that are currently in charge of both a club and a country.

It sounds good being able to do everything at once but it would clutter everything up. You'd have to keep track of international players without actually watching them play, all keeping your own house in order.

I'm struggling to see how this can be implemented and maintain the element of realism. For me, picking a national team when you can't even see the players is a bit farcical. Perhaps if there was another mode dedicated to this then that would work, but throwing everything into Master League seems a bit pointless.

Well I'd prefer that than the same old win everything every season on the highest skill level despite never signing star players, would add some longevity that the game has lacked for years....

Cunts healing the Fifa/PES divide

emotglompot3.gif

Stuff like this is kind of bleh. Anyone praising the game and it's "Uggg I can think for myself." Someone being overly critical and it's "Hey, I think you're on to something."

badger in the house busting chops.

The logical explanation being that at the moment far more people are likely to agree with a post which is critical of PES because they don't rate the last version and are wary of new stuff which isn't tangibly better.

Saying "overly critical" belies your position a little, because a lot of people would regard plenty of the criticism as justified and not excessive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom