PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

out of topic ^_^

pic of a disk for PES2008 (PS3) after one year played

it's cracked by my brother
the reason is (lag and bugs) lol

check the pic ^_^

dsc0001ik3.jpg

dsc0002sv5.jpg

I find the online mode to be almost lag-free these days. I mean every now and again you experience the odd 'teleporting' (which is totally unacceptable) and I have a 2mb connection! Are you people that experience unplayable lag sure it's not being caused by your mum or dad using the internet at the same time as you are playing or a badly set up router?

As for breaking the disc - you must have more money than sense.

I have a 20mb fibre optic connection and I still experience lag so its still a major problem.

The only disc I ever broke was Adidas Power Soccer, which ended up being quite a smart decision.

Couldn't a big problem be that both the iss team and the pes teams joining together. Both games were very different and it could be conflicting with gameplay and design etc? iss on snes was great and on n64 was very good but the latter games didn't hold a candle to the original isspes games for ps1/2 and had a very different style.

The chance that the snes/n64 team could actually be f***ing up our great pes may be a real possibility. Look how play models have changed, player movement becoming more loose ie like on n64 etc

Only the future will tell. Im still happy with my pes6 on pc with everything edited.

SPANISH TEAMS LICENSES:

Konami Spain has confirmed that due this year they have lost the Spanish La Liga license they are negotiating directly with the clubs and they can assure that finally PES 2009 will include between 8 and 10 spanish teams fully licensed.
They will announce the licensed teams soon and others "important" licenses that will satisfied all the PES fans as well, they said.

For those who are able to read and understand Spanish here is the link: http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_noticia.php?id=cw48be697a79ed5&pic=GEN

Regards!

Last edited:

that will satisfied all the PES fans as well, they said.

I hate when people presume to tell me I will be satisfied. I can think for myself and make my own mind up KONAMI. The day I need _you_ to tell me whether or not _I_ will be satisfied by one of your products, will be the day I kill myself for the better of the world.

I hate when people presume to tell me I will be satisfied. I can think for myself and make my own mind up KONAMI. The day I need _you_ to tell me whether or not _I_ will be satisfied by one of your products, will be the day I kill myself for the better of the world.

Well said.:LOL:

So does this mean there will be a full Spanish league, half of which will be unlicensed teams, or just 8-10 licensed teams from Spain and no league?

Well, that's what they think, what they are trying to say is that they think the new licenses will make their fans happy.

Don't kill the messenger... ;)

Last edited:

Well said.:LOL:

So does this mean there will be a full Spanish league, half of which will be unlicensed teams, or just 8-10 licensed teams from Spain and no league?

Hmmm, that's not clear although it seems they will include the full league with another name and only between 8-10 fully licensed teams. More or less like the English Premier league but with 8-10 licensed teams instead of only 2, that's what seems to have more sense although with Konami you never know....

Last edited:

Couldn't a big problem be that both the iss team and the pes teams joining together. Both games were very different and it could be conflicting with gameplay and design etc? iss on snes was great and on n64 was very good but the latter games didn't hold a candle to the original isspes games for ps1/2 and had a very different style.

The chance that the snes/n64 team could actually be f***ing up our great pes may be a real possibility. Look how play models have changed, player movement becoming more loose ie like on n64 etc

Only the future will tell. Im still happy with my pes6 on pc with everything edited.

i think this is exactly the problem...the teams must have merged because what we are getting now is a crossbreed of the two games. As far as Im concerned the pro games where much better quality than the ISS games. The look and gameplay has edged towards ISS, PES2009 looks closer visually to ISS debut on ps2 tha the Pro games. Just look at the nets..they are ISS nets - there is no way the pro team would have allowed such major irregularities in realism...the white blocks FFS!!! add the extra speed and arcade approach and I think its obvious.

Just glad someone has noticed it....lets hope konami realise and reinstate the core pro team for pes2010.

There maybe some truth in that. ISS was always considered Konami's arcade option, PES the simulation. Modern day PES seems to be a blend of the two.

Well, after reading through the spanish forums, some are upset at only 10 licensed teams from La Liga, and others are not since they will use the massive edit mode to fix any remaining unlicensed teams. Besides, as one of them put it, "The only teams that everyone uses is Barcelona and Real Madrid anyway."

I sometimes wonder if it would be better if PES went back to the days when there was only 50 or so of the best club teams from Europe in the game and just focus on the Master League. The real leagues are a bit pointless seeing as there is no realsitic career mode associated with them.

Well, that's what they think, what they are trying to say is that they think the new licenses will make their fans happy.

Don't kill the messenger... ;)

Sorry, just for clarification nothing of that was aimed at you. I probably should have changed the quote sig to "KONAMI" rather than your name. My bad. :)

If they had said they "hoped fans would be happy", that would have been even a positive way to put it. It implies that they care about us and, well, hope we will be satisfied. The way it was stated was very poorly worded.

Even if they had said "we think our consumers will be happy" rather than "that will satisfy our consumers", they still take a somewhat arrogant stance where they think they know what we want (which from their track record, honestly, maybe isn't the case...).
Or maybe they mean "PES fans" as in people who are fans of a lofty ideal that is PES, rather than the game itself. Then I'm sure they will be pleased no matter what. ;)

Sorry, just for clarification nothing of that was aimed at you. I probably should have changed the quote sig to "KONAMI" rather than your name. My bad. :)

If they had said they "hoped fans would be happy", that would have been even a positive way to put it. It implies that they care about us and, well, hope we will be satisfied. The way it was stated was very poorly worded.

Even if they had said "we think our consumers will be happy" rather than "that will satisfy our consumers", they still take a somewhat arrogant stance where they think they know what we want (which from their track record, honestly, maybe isn't the case...).
Or maybe they mean "PES fans" as in people who are fans of a lofty ideal that is PES, rather than the game itself. Then I'm sure they will be pleased no matter what. ;)

I understood you, just joking ;)

About your explanation, indeed I agree with you although anyway that's something said by someone of Konami Spain to a Spanish gaming magazine. Despite of last years version they should take even more care of their customers and look what they are doing and saying carefully but we can't consider this their "official way to think or act" after all, if you know what I mean.....

Konami cant continue to take people for money trees. why would pay a lot of money for a PES 2009 thats a HD PES 5. I have PES 5 so that mean i already have PES 2009!!!

Konami cant continue to take people for money trees. why would pay a lot of money for a PES 2009 thats a HD PES 5. I have PES 5 so that mean i already have PES 2009!!!

How do you know that PES2009 will be a HD PES5? It seems to be that a lot of people are making huge assumptions before even playing the game, or even seeing proper footage. This is not a dig at you personally red_devils2k4 just an observation. Konami have added a lot of extra things to the PES series since PES5 (not enough, I'll grant you that) but PES2009 will be a hundred times better than PES5, mark my words.

to be fair, only hardcore fans or people who read in forums like these will know that PES2009 "feels" like PES5.
The average joe gamer would just buy it and play it. If people don't like what PES2009 has to offer, there's another footie game in the market.

I can't remember how PES4 or 5 played, but I can vividly recall the gameplay from PES1, 2 and 3. How odd. Either way, PES2009 obviously plays differently to any of the previous incarnations, I can't really draw any paralells from the videos I've seen but that may change when I get my hands on it.

what konami is trying to say is, for this people whu didn't like the pes on next-gen counsels, (for me they really lost it)
now they focus, is to make the gameplay feel alot like the ps2, based on pes5 version, but that it doesn't mean, it will be identical as pes5, it will be not a massive change eather.

all in all for people whu where expecting the game to be truly next-gen this year with new engine etc... will not like this pes09 simple as that
but for people like me whu had low expectations of this version, and they really missed the ps2 version on ps3/xbox360, with fully edit mode, legend mode, and hopefully much better online, will be satisfied with, this years version:))

to be fair, only hardcore fans or people who read in forums like these will know that PES2009 "feels" like PES5.
The average joe gamer would just buy it and play it. If people don't like what PES2009 has to offer, there's another footie game in the market.

exactly

Not what I meant by that - EQUAL right not more right.
I mentioned the join date in response to zeemeister saying he was fed up with posts from longtime players of the PES series who express dissatisfaction and regret as to the direction (or lack thereof) Konami has taken with the game.
My point is only that certainly he is well within his rights to post "I honestly don't give a flying f@k what some people think" but by the same token those who are unhappy with the game and Konami in general have just as much of an equal right to voice their opinion as well, especially being many of them have been posting here for many years before he even became a member. He may not give a "flying f@k" what they think but no single member here should be able to dictate whether anyone else's opinions should be heard (other than our beloved moderators of course) :mrgreen:
As stated, many of these folks are the foundation of Evoweb (which might explain why their expectations and subsequent disappointment might be more pronounced), and as long as their criticism is at least somewhat constructive, it's unreasonable to expect or demand that they just go away simply because you're fed up with them.
Zeemeister states that he hopes "we can all don our 'I'm a hardcore PES fan' t-shirts and live in peace and harmony one day," but the fact is that Evoweb is a gathering place football videogame fanatics first and foremost - it just so happened that at the time of it's inception PES was the undisputed footy game of choice...now that choice is not so clear anymore.
To disrespect other members either way for whatever game they choose is really not what this site should be about, and to expect to only hear from those who agree with your personal choice is pretty close-minded and just plain unrealistic.

:LOL: Thanks for the reply on that late night vent. The point I was trying to make is that there are opinions based on fact and opinions based on heresay or ideoligies. I like the fact that when I log onto evo-web rather than pesgaming or pesfan it is to get an impartial and honest view from people who don't sugar coat or pussy foot. The posts that I don't like are posted by the same people saying the same thing based on nothing. The really immature childish type that really shouldn't be taken seriously(moment of weakness on my side.

Also, I do not expect everyone to put on I love PES t-shirts. It was my mediocre attempt at sarcasm.;))

I did enjoy a good few games of PES 2008 though.

Not what I meant by that - EQUAL right not more right.
I mentioned the join date in response to zeemeister saying he was fed up with posts from longtime players of the PES series who express dissatisfaction and regret as to the direction (or lack thereof) Konami has taken with the game.
My point is only that certainly he is well within his rights to post "I honestly don't give a flying f@k what some people think" but by the same token those who are unhappy with the game and Konami in general have just as much of an equal right to voice their opinion as well, especially being many of them have been posting here for many years before he even became a member. He may not give a "flying f@k" what they think but no single member here should be able to dictate whether anyone else's opinions should be heard (other than our beloved moderators of course) :mrgreen:
As stated, many of these folks are the foundation of Evoweb (which might explain why their expectations and subsequent disappointment might be more pronounced), and as long as their criticism is at least somewhat constructive, it's unreasonable to expect or demand that they just go away simply because you're fed up with them.
Zeemeister states that he hopes "we can all don our 'I'm a hardcore PES fan' t-shirts and live in peace and harmony one day," but the fact is that Evoweb is a gathering place football videogame fanatics first and foremost - it just so happened that at the time of it's inception PES was the undisputed footy game of choice...now that choice is not so clear anymore.
To disrespect other members either way for whatever game they choose is really not what this site should be about, and to expect to only hear from those who agree with your personal choice is pretty close-minded and just plain unrealistic.

I understand where you are going - just dont forget this is a PES related topic, where people look for information and views from the game, not a bashing fest on a game which is not even released.

As I said before, all years is the same sh**. From PES5 to now. It is a shame. I dont want to read people just praising the game, guaranteed, but I also dont want to see people that dont have anything good to say about the game, and that is non-sense, because even PES2008 had something good, a little for sure, but SOMETHING.

I understand when you mention your complaints once, but then repeat them like a parrot? Sorry, I just dont get it. We respect your opinion, no problem, we understand you dont like the game, it is ok, but dont repeat the same thing 10 times, we dont want to read that!

Or maybe they mean "PES fans" as in people who are fans of a lofty ideal that is PES, rather than the game itself. Then I'm sure they will be pleased no matter what.

To be fair to Konami though, PES has sold bucketloads with very little development and the continued removal/changing of teams/licenses with little impact on sales.

In other words, the majority of "loyal" PES fans don't mind getting shafted every year and with that will once again feel satisfied this year ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom