PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

Hi!

Snifffffffffff...no Germans teams and not the Mannschaft is licensed...
Sniffffffffffffffff..... F... Konami, LOL

Tschussssssssssssssssssss

no brasil and argentina (national team) license?

Please stop with the off-topic posts now, there is a forum for other games discussion.

I understand your point of view Drekkard, but let me say something.

About the other point:

- Even if they are conscious of having a bad and unfinished product, they will put it anyway in the market.

Seabass is the leader of a development team, this team will be obviously pressed by the company, providers, etc to develope the game following a schedule and a release date if not they are loosing money, this happens with absolutely every software project no matter if it's a game or not and of course as almost every company their first goal is to earn as much money as possible. EA, Konami, etc, etc, almost every company wants the same thing: Money.

At least we (as customers) will have always the last decission.

Regards.

The main problem is when you deliver an unplayable game. I mean, the problems pes2008 had in the PS3 where really unacceptable. The online just didn't work and there were huge problems of framerate.

Several games suffer from framerate and it's something quite acceptable being the beggining of the next-gen consoles, but ONLINE not working it's a case of a rushed product that didn't pass the most elementary testing. That is unacceptable, I got a refund for it, and I think they should have NEVER shipped this game in this stat., because on thing is having technical glitches here and there, but not being able to PLAY it online...

Anyway, they did it, they shipped it and sold millions. To me, that shows the moral rate of someone.

Compare that to the effort of EA the last couple of years in next-gen consoles. Konami, as many of the japanese companies, are having some problems adapting to new development routines, they could choose between finishing the game properly and test it online or ship an unplayable mode. We all know what they did. How can I have "faith" in a development team like that? Really!

seraphs said:
Sorry, but I guess I should have put more thought into the post, maybe I should of split it up.

What I meant was that EA have had longer on the next gen systems as they CHOSE to make a game for them straight away, hence why they will have better games, as I'm sure they made the same mistake as Konami did, but the fixed it as soon as they could, and for a nice change took on board a lot of customer feedback, which I very well respect. However I personally, didnt like a Fifa up till Fifa 08 which was better and currently the only next gen footy game I have.

Konami simply havent spent as much time and thought on the next gen systems as they SHOULD have, this isn't an excuse, that was what I meant in the second term, as all in all, they should have concentrated on a next gen version as soon as they were out. But as I previously said, EA still have had longer I believe testing and making games for the next gen systems in total, hence why they are so far ahead, but yet its only Konami's own fault.

But I have more patience, as for me, my first ok football game next gen was fifa 08 and I had to wait long enough for that, being their 5th attempt, im willing to give Konami the same chance, especially if I have Fifa 09 to tie me over (Presuming response time faster, my main gripe) to see if they have something special in a year to come.

I hope that makes sense, sometimes its hard to explain what I mean through text, but I try.

I wasn't meant to defend either game.

I also don't think they use the PS2 engine for the next gen versions as surely it would be as good as the PS2 versions, but clearly is no where near

Yeah I understand what you mean. What get's me, not aimed at you, is how people defend Konami when they are still asking 40quid per year for a generally accepted inferior/lastgen product. They just seem to accept it without any thought or critical reflection. Oh well, it's their money. I just feel it is hindering the development of what has been, in my gaming life, the best game.

What in jesus christ's name do you get out of it.

Well, the idea is that you'd get a better game out of it.

Most of the "negative dribble" (cunningly disguised in most parts as honest criticism) seems pretty fair.

Some people, i.e. you, argue the exact opposite, claiming to have witnessed a "clear improvement" by watching PES2009 videos.

Surely the reason they get annoyed is because they know what potential the game had all those years ago. If they didn't care for Pro Evo then they wouldn't bother venting their frustration on a [PES] forum.

Yeah I understand what you mean. What get's me, not aimed at you, is how people defend Konami when they are still asking 40quid per year for a generally accepted inferior/lastgen product. They just seem to accept it without any thought or critical reflection. Oh well, it's their money. I just feel it is hindering the development of what has been, in my gaming life, the best game.

Also, the fact that 2K Sports only charge £29.99 for their NBA/NHL games each year puts things into perspective (seeing as these have been top-notch next-gen titles from day one). If Konami followed suit I think it would be an acknowledgement to the patience of the PES fans(£25-£30 for PES 2009 would be a nice gesture). This is not just a dig at Konami either. Most sports games are just minor upgrades on the previous version, therefore I don't think £40 every year for any sports game represents good value, including Fifa.

I love how people have demonised KONAMI after 2 years of sub standard games (2 on xbox and 1 on PS3) When EA have released a shit game for about 10 years.

I'm actually a bit fed up with the posts starting with "I have played ISS since the blah, blah, blah...insert bitch and moan...here... and have noted the moral degradation of KONAMI...blah, blah...it breaks my heart to see KONAMI go down after being a hardcore fan for 10 years...blah,blah" I honestly don't give a flying f@k what some people think and cant wait for FIFA09 to be released so that these "ex hardcore fanboys" can spend their time rather enjoying a good game of virtual footy rather than try to convince others of how shit their preference is.
Here's hoping that we can all don our "I'm a hardcore PES fan" t-shirts and live in peace and harmony one day.

Please excuse me while I switch on my PS3 and enjoy my PES2008.....just to piss people off.

I don't think PS3's filesystem has been hacked yet. You can access the 360 disk though. Rumours say PES2009/360 will have an optional HD support.
Maybe this a is a chance to copy some data in the PES data file on the 360 HD.

You already can patch 360 DVDs, but you'll risk losing your online capabilities

Yes, a modded X360 risks to be banned from Xbox Live! so your choice basically is: online with original games or offline with pir8d games.

That's interesting about the PS3 though. Have Sony really upped their security or are the consoles so gosh darned expensive that the hacker folks can't be arsed?

Both, and dont forget that the BluRay media (discs) are way expensive, then the tests cost a bit. Also, ruining a PS3 will hurt your pocket deep. I guess that the option in the future is to play games from the HD... copying blu ray games are not an option, at least now... sorry for the OT.

I love how people have demonised KONAMI after 2 years of sub standard games (2 on xbox and 1 on PS3) When EA have released a shit game for about 10 years.
It's what the most recent ones are like, not what they were like in the past...

7 years ago Leeds were in the Champions League semi-final, now they are in League 1. They are not still a quality team because they were a few years ago...

Like football teams, the quality of most games change over the years, whether it be for better or worse...

It's about the present, not the past.

7 years ago Leeds were in the Champions League semi-final, now they are in League 1. They are not still a quality team because they were a few years ago...

Like football teams, the quality of most games change over the years, whether it be for better or worse...

Ooh I didn't see this one coming.

We not talking about a team here that had an off season. We are talking about a brand.
A brand backed with ten years of delivering a world class product. I don't think BMW or Nokia would dissappear after 2 bad products (bad btw in terms of critique not sales).
God help us if KONAMI does one day go down the poop shute. We'll be stuck playing FIFA.
I'm off till tomorrow.

Ooh I didn't see this one coming.

We not talking about a team here that had an off season. We are talking about a brand.
A brand backed with ten years of delivering a world class product. I don't think BMW or Nokia would dissappear after 2 bad products (bad btw in terms of critique not sales).
God help us if KONAMI does one day go down the poop shute. We'll be stuck playing FIFA.
I'm off till tomorrow.
No, the company wouldn't dissapear, they just wouldn't be above everyone else in terms of quality of product...

old video

Also, no new skills shown in that video, even though the presenter talks about them (wish they would've showed a informative video showing the new, more "intuitive" dribble system, rather than having Aiki just talking about random stuff while slightly amateurishly doing basic manouvering with the d-pad, all the while saying that what he is doing is anything other than animations left from the PES5 days (the dragback with the sole while turning).

I'm sure there are some new things to show, but why not actually show them and get us excited. Other than that Messi Roulette in the trailer, I've not seen any new dribble/trick animations. Which is kind of absurd since they have a new dribble-feature. FIFA09 had a lovely to-the-point breakdown of all the new things in FIFA09, complete with new trick animations. Come on KONAMI, get me excited damnit. :)

All in all whatever is said between FIFA aND PES and whatever biased reviews come in - PLAY.COM/IGN you know who you are.

Pes will still be the best one on one online experience . I have played all pes' but from pes5 to 2008 it still pees all over Fifa online for sheer excitment and wow factor.

Fifa 08 is good and the online options are great be a pro etc but Pes always takes my breath away at times and still frustrates at the same time keepers/offside/teleporting etc

Fifa is 2 scripted and the same sweet spot goals to win, I must have played about 400 online games on the 360/ps3 fifa08 and scored about 15 goals outside the box from open play where as pes I can still fly in the classic screamers on games.

Its about the wow factor and PES will always have the right gameplay attitude whether the other options are shit.

dont post much but sick of the PES beating all the time

I'm actually a bit fed up with the posts starting with "I have played ISS since the blah, blah, blah...insert bitch and moan...here... and have noted the moral degradation of KONAMI...blah, blah...it breaks my heart to see KONAMI go down after being a hardcore fan for 10 years...blah,blah" I honestly don't give a flying f@k what some people think and cant wait for FIFA09 to be released so that these "ex hardcore fanboys" can spend their time rather enjoying a good game of virtual footy rather than try to convince others of how shit their preference is.
Here's hoping that we can all don our "I'm a hardcore PES fan" t-shirts and live in peace and harmony one day.

Please excuse me while I switch on my PS3 and enjoy my PES2008.....just to piss people off.

clapping1.jpg

Then what's with the signature you have?

Is it not about(see bold)

This isn't meant to be a personal attack in any way but it just seems to me that if you're going to get so frustrated and 'fed up' (in your words) over the interchange of thoughts and most importantly OPINIONS that differ from yours, then regular participation in an open internet forum is probably not the wisest course of action for you.
If you really support the principle of what forums are about I would think that the last thing you would want is complete and total harmony and agreement amongst all it's participants. Change is almost always brought about through dissidence and contention and the exchange of differing OPINIONS is usually the catalyst.
The point I'm making has nothing specifically to do with PES or FIFA but rather tolerance among those that are passionate about one or the other (or both) to participate here on a regular basis exercising their right to have their voice heard.
Of course in any public forum there will always be those who abuse those rights but for you to simply lump those of us who have been around this forum virtually since it's inception (check our join dates) - and have in essence been at the very foundation of the most avid fanbase of WE/PES gamers in the world - into a group you refer to as "ex hardcore fanboys" because we may be dissatisfied with the evolution (or lack thereof) of the very game that brought us all here in the first place, is patently unfair, close-minded and quite simply ignorant.
The first step toward having your own opinion respected is to try to show respect to those of others, specifically if they have been around longer than you (again check the join dates and consider that many of us have been debating the issues of WE/PES for many years before you and many others here chose to participate).
I've always found it so bitterly ironic that the game whose slogan was "we are a football tribe" can be so utterly divisive amongst it's followers, both past and present.

Last edited:

Most of the gameplay vids would come off alot better if there was commentry. Its hard but there wouldnt be so much negativity towards pes if people were getting hyped about other games to take the heat off. Personally i am looking at Midnight club, Rock Band 2 and Thee soon to be best game ever created (which wouldnt look out of place on the PS4) Operation Flashpoint 2.

Last edited:

Well thats the thing, people will defend konami as they generally think it's still a good game.

I guess most are worried, that the best football game they have played will be a game of the past, and not the game of the future, they won't have that same feeling they had with a new one, thats why I see it as a shame we haven't had a good next gen PES.

But thats why im kind of looking forward to the fact they said that PES09 is like PES5. Going back to its roots, which to me is a good start. Hopefully the year after that, not only are the roots dug up, but revolutionised and grown into a better and magnificant game. Infact, this year has to be atleast as good as one of the PS2 PES's and net year, BETTER be amazing or much better, or atleast significant change with the gameplay to make it better, otherwise, it will not bode well. Also most peoples faith with the 3rd true next gen game being the messiah like PES3 was on the PS2, would make sense, especially if they drop the PS2 games. Maybe they need to split the team, one to concentrate purely on next gen, and the others to make the alterations and stuff for the new PS2 version (as I doubt it can change much now), maybe then they can make those biggers strides on the next gen systems. I dunno though, I just wish they get their act together and sort something out, they sersiously need to take time and think what they are doing.

But can't be looking to far ahead, got this years footy games to have a play with, then see what happens the year after.

Also rob, that is indeed an unfair comparison, a football team is nothing like a game company...

Last edited:

:lol:

i really hope by 2010 edition they've at least started a next gen engine infiltration.

This isn't meant to be a personal attack in any way but it just seems to me that if you're going to get so frustrated and 'fed up' (in your words) over the interchange of thoughts and most importantly OPINIONS that differ from yours, then regular participation in an open internet forum is probably not the wisest course of action for you.
If you really support the principle of what forums are about I would think that the last thing you would want is complete and total harmony and agreement amongst all it's participants. Change is almost always brought about through dissidence and contention and the exchange of differing OPINIONS is usually the catalyst.
The point I'm making has nothing specifically to do with PES or FIFA but rather tolerance among those that are passionate about one or the other (or both) to participate here on a regular basis exercising their right to have their voice heard.
Of course in any public forum there will always be those who abuse those rights but for you to simply lump those of us who have been around this forum virtually since it's inception (check our join dates) - and have in essence been at the very foundation of the most avid fanbase of WE/PES gamers in the world - into a group you refer to as "ex hardcore fanboys" because we may be dissatisfied with the evolution (or lack thereof) of the very game that brought us all here in the first place, is patently unfair, close-minded and quite simply ignorant.
The first step toward having your own opinion respected is to try to show respect to those of others, specifically if they have been around longer than you (again check the join dates and consider that many of us have been debating the issues of WE/PES for many years before you and many others here chose to participate).
I've always found it so bitterly ironic that the game whose slogan was "we are a football tribe" can be so utterly divisive amongst it's followers, both past and present.

I agree with this, but I need to clarify something:

One thing is to give your opinion, and another is to go around with the same thing/argument "n" times and bashing the game one time and again and again and again... etc. Repetition wont make the people who like the game to change their mind. In fact, that just annoy the guys that love the game and just look for new info here.

Trance_AllStar is a good example of solid opinions and with good arguments. I cant say the same about other guys here. There is no need to mention names at all. Every single year before the release of a new PES/WE is the same situation.

Also, I dont share the thought about older join date is equal to more knowlegde or more rights to make opinions. But... oh well, that is my opinion, isnt it? :lmao:

Last edited:

Also, I dont share the thought about older join date is equal to more knowlegde or more rights to make opinions. But... oh well, that is my opinion, isnt it? :lmao:

Not what I meant by that - EQUAL right not more right.
I mentioned the join date in response to zeemeister saying he was fed up with posts from longtime players of the PES series who express dissatisfaction and regret as to the direction (or lack thereof) Konami has taken with the game.
My point is only that certainly he is well within his rights to post "I honestly don't give a flying f@k what some people think" but by the same token those who are unhappy with the game and Konami in general have just as much of an equal right to voice their opinion as well, especially being many of them have been posting here for many years before he even became a member. He may not give a "flying f@k" what they think but no single member here should be able to dictate whether anyone else's opinions should be heard (other than our beloved moderators of course) :mrgreen:
As stated, many of these folks are the foundation of Evoweb (which might explain why their expectations and subsequent disappointment might be more pronounced), and as long as their criticism is at least somewhat constructive, it's unreasonable to expect or demand that they just go away simply because you're fed up with them.
Zeemeister states that he hopes "we can all don our 'I'm a hardcore PES fan' t-shirts and live in peace and harmony one day," but the fact is that Evoweb is a gathering place football videogame fanatics first and foremost - it just so happened that at the time of it's inception PES was the undisputed footy game of choice...now that choice is not so clear anymore.
To disrespect other members either way for whatever game they choose is really not what this site should be about, and to expect to only hear from those who agree with your personal choice is pretty close-minded and just plain unrealistic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom