PES 2009 General Discussion Etc. (STRICTLY NO FIFA TALK OR POLITICAL CHAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PES 2009 News, Discussion and Rumours

I sort of think that the Fifa folks here hang out because they know that the football game they lust for is going to come from Konami. Like it or not, it's going to happen, we all know it.

Yeah, I'm breaking the fourth wall.

Well I'm fairly certain most if not all of the FIFA fans on the site were at one time huge Pro Evo fans, myself included, so yes, the game we really want should really come from Konami.

But not this year, not when FIFA looks so good, and Pro Evo looks more of the same. Granted it looks a lot better than 2008, but it still just doesn't look on a par with FIFA. If you can't see that on a basic level, even by watching videos or looking at still images, then you're blinded by fanboyism.

destructoid-dot-com-fanboy-anatomy.jpg

Some people are wondering why there are guys who are "expecting" for the next year version, well this is what Seabass said last year after release PES 2008:

Pro Evolution Soccer creator Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka has revealed that he's gone back to the drawing board for PES 2009 following the criticism of the 2008 edition on PS3.

"It's so far from what we wanted", Seabass said of PES 2008 on PS3 in an interview with PSM3 magazine in its latest issue (#95), echoing words said to CVG in October.

"In fact," he continued, "we thought about delaying it but different factors meant we had to [release it]".
"As a developer, we've worked the same way since the days of the SNES. We're simply not set up for multi-platform development".

But, asking us to look at the way the PS2 version panned out from the first to the last game, Seabass reassured that the development team is well on course to follow suit on PS3.

However, the criticisms levelled at PES 2008 on PS3 have forced the series' creator back a peg or two with PES 2009.

"PES 2009 is in development, but after hearing the criticism, we'll be taking it back to the drawing board. It might not be next year, but it will be soon", Seabass explained.

You can confirm this following the next link: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=176240

At the end he said "It might not be next year (because PES2009 was already under development), but it will be soon"

I hope this will help to clear this issue to everyone.

Regards!

Last edited:

Yes, it clarifies many things:

- They don't know how to develop for next-gen
- They won't spend more moeny into the game, even if they are selling millions, and after they will moan about not having the right team/ budget.
- Even if they are conscious of having a bad and unfinished product, they will put it anyway in the market.
- They don't have a "plan to follow", their simply making things on the run, because they can't say "we will develop a new engine and will be ready for 2010". And if they do, they are very very bad at marketing by not calming its fanbase.

The real paradox is how they achieve to sell 6 millions of copies of the game with so little investment in money and people. I have to tell they are financial genius.

Hi All ,

I got this of one of the websites:

According to the info we have gathered from different sources these will be the licensed teams and leagues in PES 2009.
These are not official news yet, however, these rumors are likely to be true
FA PREMIER
- LICENSED : NO
Only two teams from the English Premier League are licensed (liverpool and manutd)but all teams include real player names.

LFP (Spanish League)
- LICENSED : UNKNOWN
The La Liga isn't licensed either this year, but don't fear, all the teams will be licensed. It just won't have the "La Liga" symbol on the league selection menu because of a change in sponsor or something with the Spanish league.

SERIE A
- LICENSED : YES!

EREDIVISIE

LIGUE 1

OTHER TEAMS
HJK Helsinki
Rosenborg
Brondby
Copenhagen
Celtic
Rangers
Anderlecht
Club Brugge
AEK
Olympiacos
Panathinaikos
F.C. Porto
Benfica
Sporting C.P.
AIK
Goteborg
Hammarby
Beşiktaş
Fenerbahçe
Galatasaray
Dinamo Zagreb
Wisła Kraków
Slavia Prague
Sparta Prague
Steaua Bucureşti
CFR Cluj
Partizan Belgrade
Red Star Belgrade
Dynamo Kyiv
Shakhtar Donetsk
CSKA Moscow
Spartak Moscow
Lokomotiv Moscow
Zenit St. Petersburg
Internacional
Boca Juniors
River Plate
FC Basel
Al Ittihad KSA

NATIONAL TEAMS
“PES 2009 is the official game of Team England, allowing official kits and, better, a realistically rendered new Wembley.”

LICENSED
Belgium
Croatia
Czech Republic
England
France
Greece
Ireland
Russia
Italy
Netherlands
Portugal
Scotland
Serbia
Spain
Sweden
Turkey
America
Argentina
Brazil
Mexico
Ghana
Ivory Coast
Australia
Japan
South Korea
Saudi Arabia

The Classic Teams featured in the game to be unlocked are expected to remain the same as the last few PES titles being; Classic Netherlands, Classic Germany, Classic England, Classic Italy, Classic France, Classic Brazil and Classic Argentina, and a new one that is Classic Portugal. In this PES 2009 series, all the legends names have been corrected to be real names. Such as Palm - Pele.

Info gathered from :
Wikipedia
Gamespot Forums
PESGaming

Thanks & Regards,

B2Y

I really like PES2008 but I can obviously see it's flaws (and there are many). I am optomistic about PES2009 as nothing I have seen so far would make me think otherwise. But I still chuckle every now and again at the huge marketing mistake that Konami made by:

1) Making PES2008 The Official Game of Team England (when PES reached an all time low and England were the shittest they have ever been - and that's saying something!)

2) Putting Micheal Owen on the cover when he is playing the worst football of his career.

Still, let's hope that choosing Messi will be a direct reflection on PES2009's quality. A fantastic, skillful little bugger thats a joy to play. It's a long shot, but it just may turn out to be true!

guys, like it or not,PES2009 just won't be as decent as you want. in fact you can have it now. play pes2008,and patch it up well,imagine the player's skin more shinny and plastic...DANG you have yourself a pes2009!

Wow... We have a comedian here.

Please don't give up your day job.

The Classic Teams featured in the game to be unlocked are expected to remain the same as the last few PES titles being; Classic Netherlands, Classic Germany, Classic England, Classic Italy, Classic France, Classic Brazil and Classic Argentina, and a new one that is Classic Portugal. In this PES 2009 series, all the legends names have been corrected to be real names. Such as Palm - Pele.

Info gathered from :
Wikipedia
Gamespot Forums
PESGaming

I, for one, even though I am Portuguese, I'm pretty skeptical about this "Classic Portugal" team you mention.

Nonetheless, I wish you hadn't taken info from Wikipedia, see previous pages ;) All the other sources are more or less fine.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares

I understand your point of view Drekkard, but let me say something.

About these points you said:

- They don't know how to develop for next-gen
- They won't spend more moeny into the game, even if they are selling millions, and after they will moan about not having the right team/ budget.
- They don't have a "plan to follow", their simply making things on the run, because they can't say "we will develop a new engine and will be ready for 2010". And if they do, they are very very bad at marketing by not calming its fanbase.

Well, the things are not that simple. Believe me, I'm not defending Konami at all but is well-known that Japanese companies doesn't like to assume changes, specially a lot of or quick changes, furthermore they have a really "hard" and even stupid sometimes hierarchy, that things slowdown all the process/decissions they must take. I think these 3 points you said are caused by this and I repeat myself I'm not defending them, just trying to find an explanation and even a "hope" for the future.

About the other point:

- Even if they are conscious of having a bad and unfinished product, they will put it anyway in the market.

Seabass is the leader of a development team, this team will be obviously pressed by the company, providers, etc to develope the game following a schedule and a release date if not they are loosing money, this happens with absolutely every software project no matter if it's a game or not and of course as almost every company their first goal is to earn as much money as possible. EA, Konami, etc, etc, almost every company wants the same thing: Money.

At least we (as customers) will have always the last decission.

Regards.

Al Ittihad KSA

The Saudi club? Didn't see that one coming (if it's true). I can't believe they don't stick in J-League clubs.

I thought Standard Liege were meant to be in there too.

I'm looking forward to the game, myself. Again, i will be getting the PS2 version. The gameplay will be a lot better than 08, i'm sure of it and less buggy. New teams (promoted) and players etc.
Yes, it's very frustrating the ML hasn't been overhauled (not everyone's cup of tea, but very much mine), however, what makes for a good ML, first and foremost, is gameplay, gameplay, gameplay.

Well I'm fairly certain most if not all of the FIFA fans on the site were at one time huge Pro Evo fans, myself included, so yes, the game we really want should really come from Konami.

But not this year, not when FIFA looks so good, and Pro Evo looks more of the same. Granted it looks a lot better than 2008, but it still just doesn't look on a par with FIFA. If you can't see that on a basic level, even by watching videos or looking at still images, then you're blinded by fanboyism.

The problem is I'm not buying football games for how they look. If it was as simple as "look at the shiny-shiny" then I'd get me some foil. Fifa looks the bees knees but that's not what interests me in the long run. If Fifa played as well as it looked then it would be the greatest game ever, but it isn't. It's missing the passion of an actual game. The players eyes' seem to tell the story, they are not people playing for the love of the game. No, they are slaves to the EA overlords, forced to play whilst their family is held captive.

But yeah, because I don't feel anything special from Fifa that must make me a fanboy. Aye, great logic. I'm not wild crazy about the Nazi's either but that doesn't mean that I lust for Churchill's loins.

Hi!

Snifffffffffff...no Germans teams and not the Mannschaft is licensed...
Sniffffffffffffffff..... F... Konami, LOL

Tschussssssssssssssssssss

I think Matherto means 'how they look' in a more open sense, not purely how they look aesthetically.

Yes, I used it in the same way.

Hi!

Snifffffffffff...no Germans teams and not the Mannschaft is licensed...
Sniffffffffffffffff..... F... Konami, LOL

Tschussssssssssssssssssss

Mannschaft, lammo

Last edited:

Lammo is a version of lol that is infinitely better and only I use.

I was making a joke, because in English "Mannschaft" bares an uncanny resemblance to man shaft, which is a reference to the almighty penus.

The problem is I'm not buying football games for how they look. If it was as simple as "look at the shiny-shiny" then I'd get me some foil. Fifa looks the bees knees but that's not what interests me in the long run. If Fifa played as well as it looked then it would be the greatest game ever, but it isn't. It's missing the passion of an actual game. The players eyes' seem to tell the story, they are not people playing for the love of the game. No, they are slaves to the EA overlords, forced to play whilst their family is held captive.

But yeah, because I don't feel anything special from Fifa that must make me a fanboy. Aye, great logic. I'm not wild crazy about the Nazi's either but that doesn't mean that I lust for Churchill's loins.

QFT.

The fat badger speaks the truth. FIFA can have all the flossy flossy and fly first class up in the sky.. PES is not about that and never has been. Hopefully one day Konami will try a bit harder in that field but until then who cares? I will still be playing PES because it plays 10 times better than any FIFA game I have ever played. Also EA is evil. :LOL:

Not long until Fifa is released now. I can see this place going into meltdown with people getting hard over how good they think fifa is.

Well, I played both versions in Leipzig and I have to conclude that Fifa has won this years football game contest. Granted, they both have many flaws, but PES just didn't give me that gratifying feeling anymore and Fifa have improved on several point such as response times and one touch passing. I'll be buying them both to be honest, but for the time being, Fifa is the one I look most forward too which, for the record, has never happened.

I hope that someone finds an easy exploit in the PS3/360 soon that makes patching a piece of piss. Infact, what's the state of play with people cracking the consoles? I ask not because I'm a dirty scrounger, but because I'm genuinely intrigued as to how both systems have been out for a while without too much pirating, seemingly, going on.

X360 was hacked/pirated a long time ago Badgerman.

About PS3, it is unknown if the hackers/pir8s can make something in the short term... we will see.

I hope that someone finds an easy exploit in the PS3/360 soon that makes patching a piece of piss. Infact, what's the state of play with people cracking the consoles? I ask not because I'm a dirty scrounger, but because I'm genuinely intrigued as to how both systems have been out for a while without too much pirating, seemingly, going on.

I don't think PS3's filesystem has been hacked yet. You can access the 360 disk though. Rumours say PES2009/360 will have an optional HD support.
Maybe this a is a chance to copy some data in the PES data file on the 360 HD.

You already can patch 360 DVDs, but you'll risk losing your online capabilities

That's interesting about the PS3 though. Have Sony really upped their security or are the consoles so gosh darned expensive that the hacker folks can't be arsed?

Fanboyism is when people care too much about other people's opinion/choice on a matter to the extent that they can't find any reason to accept it and will do anything to prove that they are right and the others are wrong.

Fanboyism is when people care too much about other people's opinion/choice on a matter to the extent that they can't find any reason to accept it and will do anything to prove that they are right and the others are wrong.

co-signed.
why cant some people(fanboys) respect diferent opinions than their own?
what looks good to you, might look bad to others...thats they things are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom