OFFICIAL WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW thread [hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

Re: WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW[hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

Ok guys, during replays the grass looks grainy and not normal like during regular matches. Is this normal? or do I have a bad copy...

Also, the stutter bug is a bitch in certain stadiums!

Another thing, during gameplay, I do not see the crowd. All I see is a flat colorful sea. Is this supposed to be the melted fans!
I do however see the fans during replays.

Last edited:

Its funny isnt it heheh so much promise.. there are so many great things about this game.. yet some little things (the backward steps in various areas such as goalie, defence, bugs etc) that just ruin it. This version has too many good points not to play it... infact more new good points added between versions than any other version (better passing, long balls awesome, more fluid onfield gameplay, better AI, awesome new animations, ball physics are best ever, best refs ever, all the licences etc) but almost proportional... out of any version, WE10 has the most annoying negative points ever. Without doubt this was a rush job.. or, they plan making money on a much needed Final Evolution or Live Ware or J League version. As good as the good points are, but as bad as the bad points are, there is no way konami would make this WE10 the last game of the series on ps2. Just wondering how the reviews are goin in Japan, and how its being recieved over there.. and wheather or not Konami know what people feel about this version... even though is only been out for a couple of days?? will be interesting to see what happens...

Anyways.. back to playing some more WE10 ;)

jflores said:
Ok guys, during replays the grass looks grainy and not normal like during regular matches. Is this normal? or do I have a bad copy...

Also, the stutter bug is a bitch in certain stadiums!

Another thing, during gameplay, I do not see the crowd. All I see is a flat colorful sea. Is this supposed to be the melted fans!
I do however see the fans during replays.

I think whats happened is that konami has put so many new things it this game (to warrant a new version - eg new animations n AI) that they had to downsize certain things.. therefore the grainy appearance during replays etc. Basically, i think konami not being able to work around the limitations of the PS2. Eg. If any of you guys have played WE7Int(Jap) lately, ull notice how smooth it is .. framerate wise..and not slowdown at all when compared to WE8-10.. thats cause AI isnt as good, and there are not nearly as many animations. To hard to cram too much in on the ps2, hence the limit has been reached i feel.

Easier to dribble, easier to shoot ...
This is definitively the most commercial version ever ...
... the early release date is a proof, the 'arcade style' gameplay is another proof. No new licences for Clubs (except Bayern) but new licences for national teams because the World Cup is approching.

I don't blame Konami for that because they are a big company and they need to make money with famous games like WE !!! I don't blame them because WE10 is not a bad game for "certain players"... this is a spectacular football games, easy to control, perfect for everyone to play its preferred national team during the World Cup !!

But why they don't call it "Winning Eleven 9 ~ Road to World Cup" (or something) ???

This game is between "Fun Arcade Game" and "Pure Simulation" as Seabass say before !!
But there is no reason that our futur PES6 is like that !!
We want simulation for our next version, pleeease... a real mix between the defense of WE9 and the offense of WE10 !!!

profit90 said:
yeah, i agree, the keepers need tweaking

What specifically would need to be edited in order to reduce the frequency of keepers parrying the ball? :)

Mauras said:
Konami could counter the speed factor with... the size of the field. Somehow the size of the field doesn't seem realistic for a few versions now, it should be bigger. Also it was not in WE10 that the wide campera allows once again a wider view of the field as it did a few versions back. Unfortunately.

I noticed this too. Its especially evident during corner kicks from the top of the screen. You can't see the box as well. It makes it harder to mark players in the box.

one thing i have noticed about the goalies is that whenever they make a save and it seems that momentum will take them and the ball into the net the WILL drop the ball...dunno if this might change some ppl's thots of stupid goalies...of course they still do have their stupid moments.

Mauras said:
Konami could counter the speed factor with... the size of the field. Somehow the size of the field doesn't seem realistic for a few versions now, it should be bigger. Also it was not in WE10 that the wide campera allows once again a wider view of the field as it did a few versions back. Unfortunately.

I noticed this too. Its especially evident during corner kicks from the top of the screen. You can't see the box as well. It makes it harder to mark players in the box.

The goalies parrying shots coming at them are not a worry for me.Its realistic in my opinion.How often do you see keepers in real life catch a screamer with both hands? If they still bothers you,just raise the keepers ability to above 90 and you might see a slight difference.What I like best about the keeper is that,they now instantly become a defender with the ball at their feet.For the record,I managed to assist Rooney with a goal using Van Der Sar...sweet long ball above the last line of defence and there was Rooney to smash it in.

Im getting my copy on Sunday. Usually there is a few gampley inbalances in the WE versions, but they usually tweak it up for PES. I know last WE9 i found unplayable cuz there were some imbalances there such as the shooting consistency but when the english version came out it was much sharper and more responsive. So im hoping whatever little bugs or imbalances there are in WE10 when i play i should expect them to be fixed so no worry

KAiWAi said:
Easier to dribble, easier to shoot ...
This is definitively the most commercial version ever ...
... the early release date is a proof, the 'arcade style' gameplay is another proof. No new licences for Clubs (except Bayern) but new licences for national teams because the World Cup is approching.

I don't blame Konami for that because they are a big company and they need to make money with famous games like WE !!! I don't blame them because WE10 is not a bad game for "certain players"... this is a spectacular football games, easy to control, perfect for everyone to play its preferred national team during the World Cup !!

But why they don't call it "Winning Eleven 9 ~ Road to World Cup" (or something) ???

This game is between "Fun Arcade Game" and "Pure Simulation" as Seabass say before !!
But there is no reason that our futur PES6 is like that !!
We want simulation for our next version, pleeease... a real mix between the defense of WE9 and the offense of WE10 !!!

Well said KAiWAi. :applause:

WE10 is still miles better than the last two versions of WE and PES, probably better than the last three perhaps.

It is a bit gung ho when it comes to attacking, seems end to end all of the time but if you defend well you can quite easily slow a game down and play nice football.

WE was going downhill imo and this has certainly gave the series a new lease of life

super mick mcarthy said:
WE10 is still miles better than the last two versions of WE and PES, probably better than the last three perhaps.

It is a bit gung ho when it comes to attacking, seems end to end all of the time but if you defend well you can quite easily slow a game down and play nice football.

WE was going downhill imo and this has certainly gave the series a new lease of life

Well said mate

If WE10 is arcade then its the best arcade footy game i have ever played

Keepers just need a tweak but they make some great saves and the animation is great

People are saying they come out too much, i think they come out quicker due to starting position.

Cant wait for 360 version

gogbog said:
think the game is pretty poor in some parts, well imo as they are too arcadey.
- scoring from 30 yards in pes5 was way too easy and in we10 its even easier :(
- dribbling is way to easy (i dont know why people like this as its so unrealistic to dribble around 3-4 players again and again).
- i am scoring 4-6 goals a game in 10min games against ai on 5*. usually takes a few weeks to adapt from previous game and score so many for me.
- animations are too fast so make the game feal to fast even though its spot on really imo.
- some of the new tricks make it even more arcadey like the back heel shot flying into the top corner, i mean come on is this pes or fifa street?
- lofted through balls were perfect on pes5, didnt put you through everytime but did alot if you knew how to use them, now they are too easy to exploit which will be vey boring when online against opponents who dont want to play football an just want to win

still some things have improved like the refs, especially the advantage rule which is much much better. they let the game run instead of stopping it for ever little stumble.
keepers are hit and miss, animations are better but like most WE games they never catch the ball and let some crazy goals in (always changes for pes though)

all in all it has some improvements but it reminds me of pes2 and pes4 which imo are the worst of the series. havent played any of my mates yet but i think that multiplayer will be much better than pes5 which is a great positive for me

Agree

It is too easy to score. In modern football, 0:0, 1:1 ect is always seen. In this game, I always found 2:2, 3:2 or even 5:5 in 15 mins and I think that it wont happen so often in real world.

I agree with all the guys saying that its too arcady. My fist few matches i played on the default 3 stars...too easy!!!

Also i found that the speed of the game was a little too fast for my liking. I'm now playing on 4 stars and it feels as if the gamespeed is a little less on this level..more to my liking anyway.

I dont mind that scoring is easier now, and that passing has also been tweaked. I wasnt a very good scores on pes5 so its ok for me.
Defending has changed a lot. Took me a while to get used to it. Ive been playing the game for about 4 days now and am starting to like it more and more.

I especially like the fact that the AI has been improved greatly.
Its very hard to defend against guys like Ibrahimovic or Henry. This for me really enhances the realism of the game.
Played some really nice matches with Barca against Juventus and AC Milan.
Its great fun to play against deadly strikers, knowing that 1 mistake will cost you the game.

New animations are great. I agree about the keepers though. Some of their saves look absolutely perfect, hower they do seem to let in more "easy" shots then before (although its already less on 4 stars)

So, in the end for me its again a step forward.

I wonder what will be tweaked for the PES6 version.

this game is ridiculous. everyone moves like a skating champion. fake shot goes through all the time and simple passing game will not get you anywhere in this game. its all about the fancy moves. rubbish i say. rubbish. gimme my money back konami.

Played it for about 4 hours last night with my mate, probably the most fun playing a WE/PES game i've ever had.

WE10 does have its minor issues but it is still the best in the series so far imo. Only once in the games we played did the keeper make a serious error, and this is outweighed by the fact that they do pull off some seriously fantastic saves.

Defending, for those who haven't figured it out there is now an art to defending. YOU MUST NOT PULL YOUR CENTRE BACK OUT OF POSITION. The aim of modern defending is to make the attacker play the ball, if Ronaldinho is on the ball make your CB stand up tall to him, do not try slide tackling him head on, its unrealistic in real-life, a good attacker would just step round him, Use the R2 button to shimmy backwards and hold him up, if you hold him up long enough surrounding players will move back and intercept him and force him to play the ball. If he is trying to take it round you wait till he has made his move and then utilise the slide tackle from side on, the slide is very effective at winning the ball from the side but really its a last resort. Like real football, you want your defender on his feet.

I prefer the defending if anythin, Konami have done a good job. It amazes me that before the game was released people were moaning "they better change the gameplay" then when they do change something people are too quick to slag it off because its unfamiliar to them. The defending makes the game more interesting and tense. You can't switch your brain off or you will be scored passed, you can't rely on your scripted defenders taking the ball every time you are attacked.

Is this not what we wanted?

Interestingly, the first 5 or so games we played had an average of 6 goals per game. Towards the end of the night the average was around 3.

Defending is the key, F**KING PRACTICE!

Fair point about the defending.. im getting better at it but not just rushing up anymore like i did in previous versions.

BTW what does the R2 do while defending... i thought x was pressing, square was a teammate to come in n press, while circle was slide tackle... i thought that was it..

The more i play this game the more im loving it.. but all that pisses me of now is the stutter bug...

DropshoT7777777 said:
Played it for about 4 hours last night with my mate, probably the most fun playing a WE/PES game i've ever had.

WE10 does have its minor issues but it is still the best in the series so far imo. Only once in the games we played did the keeper make a serious error, and this is outweighed by the fact that they do pull off some seriously fantastic saves.

Defending, for those who haven't figured it out there is now an art to defending. YOU MUST NOT PULL YOUR CENTRE BACK OUT OF POSITION. The aim of modern defending is to make the attacker play the ball, if Ronaldinho is on the ball make your CB stand up tall to him, do not try slide tackling him head on, its unrealistic in real-life, a good attacker would just step round him, Use the R2 button to shimmy backwards and hold him up, if you hold him up long enough surrounding players will move back and intercept him and force him to play the ball. If he is trying to take it round you wait till he has made his move and then utilise the slide tackle from side on, the slide is very effective at winning the ball from the side but really its a last resort. Like real football, you want your defender on his feet.

I prefer the defending if anythin, Konami have done a good job. It amazes me that before the game was released people were moaning "they better change the gameplay" then when they do change something people are too quick to slag it off because its unfamiliar to them. The defending makes the game more interesting and tense. You can't switch your brain off or you will be scored passed, you can't rely on your scripted defenders taking the ball every time you are attacked.

Is this not what we wanted?

Interestingly, the first 5 or so games we played had an average of 6 goals per game. Towards the end of the night the average was around 3.

Defending is the key, F**KING PRACTICE!

someone needs to unlock the shop.. so we can get that 6th star goin

Dropshot that's all well and good but at times you make a good challenge and the collision detection just goes out the window, leaving the attacker with the ball and your defender yards behind.

Titans said:
this game is ridiculous. everyone moves like a skating champion. fake shot goes through all the time and simple passing game will not get you anywhere in this game. its all about the fancy moves. rubbish i say. rubbish. gimme my money back konami.

Gutted for you!

Games great, well done Konami i have a new enjoyment for winning eleven.

I played alot of matches last night..lots of different teams and I can tell you one thing keepers may suck sometimes but this time they look and behave much more realistic. In WE9/PES5 for every single shot you make, even if its a slow whimpy shot the goalkeepers will throw themselves and do a KUNG-FO in the air, while in WE10 if you kick the ball and it goes up in the sky the keeper will just stay there with his arms raised and think (OMG what a terrible strike that was :). That is realism my friends.

Also I played Argentina vs Serbia and Montenegro.. and I can tell you..these smaller teams will fight back..unlike in WE9 ..if you play as Brazil your oponent (if they are a weak team) will automaticly be "downsized" so they appear to be REALLY easy when you play them.

Playing on star 3 its easier .. much easier to move with the ball and sometimes defenders won't even stop you. But I really find 5 star hard.. the CPU's AI just becomes smart..I maybe find the CPU to be too good - ACCURATE PASSES 100%... THE AI IS SO SMART AND SO REALISTIC IS WHEN YOU'RE RUNNING WITH YOUR ATTACKER..AND THERES A DEFENDER BEHIND YOU HE WILL GIVE YOU A HARSH FOUL IF NESSESSARY .. TO STOP YOU..and then the CPU will get a yellow card.. I even had Kezman (Serbia and Montenegro striker) had a red card for giving a harsh foul to Crespo. That just shows you the realism.

I still don't get the long pass with the triangle.. when you hold L1 and hold triangle the pass will somewhat look like a lob pass.. am I wrong with the buttons here ?? in WE9 you hold L1 and triangle and the ball will look like an accurate cross.. well in WE9 the through pass and long pass with the triangle was somewhat too accurate.

I've used L1+R1 a few times and oh boy..this is a real cookie.. you can really speed up the attack..

Overall I think this game is seriously the best football game to date. My FINAL score is 9.7.

For people that are worryng about the whistle bug..

I had a strange situation.. played a game Italy vs Holland 1st half no stutter..2nd half I got the whistle bug.. - IT IS NOT A BIGGIE AND IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE GAMEPLAY WHATSOEVER..

SOME NEW TRICKS/MOVES/ANIMATIONS VIDZ

Back flip
First u gotta train like a mofo in training mode;)
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/c.ronaldo back flip training.m1v

Then comes the real deal,then perform it:)
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/c.ronaldo back flip.m1v

This one is a little different the bal is still on the air from a pass and Saviola does the backflip right away :)
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/saviola back flip.m1v

Babel dribbel and goal
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/babel goal.m1v

C.ronaldo mathew feight
finaly leard it but stil hard to perform)
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/c.ronaldo mathew feight.m1v

Riquelme mathew feight
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/riquelme mathew feight.m1v

Messi skilled goal
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/messi goal.m1v

Dont got a penalty fromt his :( ( look how cassilias kills them all:) just like bowling)
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/cassilias.m1v

Dribbel and shoot from babel keeper saves just on time second time....and huntelaar is to late and jumps over the keeper(this is new animation?)
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/huntelaar jump.m1v

I think this is new move for clearing the bal for defence...pretty dangerous if u dont want to chop someones head of:)
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/defence move.m1v

aussiepesfan said:
BTW what does the R2 do while defending... i thought x was pressing, square was a teammate to come in n press, while circle was slide tackle... i thought that was it...

R2 makes your defender try to ease the attacker away from goal, or block off his passing lanes. If for example a winger is down by your corner flag and you want to stop him getting a cross in, get close to him and hold R2, and the defender will spread his body and try to cover the winger - if the winger tries to cross, your man will get in the way and deflect the ball away.

It only works at the right moments, though, and not for long. You have to keep your eye on the game, and watch out for little jinks or bursts of speed from the attacker - if he tricks you by faking and accelerating away, it can leave your defender marking empty space, and it's too late for him to turn and follow.

Junka said:
SOME NEW TRICKS/MOVES/ANIMATIONS VIDZ

Back flip
First u gotta train like a mofo in training mode;)
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/c.ronaldo back flip training.m1v

Then comes the real deal,then perform it:)
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/c.ronaldo back flip.m1v

This one is a little different the bal is still on the air from a pass and Saviola does the backflip right away :)
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/saviola back flip.m1v

Babel dribbel and goal
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/babel goal.m1v

C.ronaldo mathew feight
finaly leard it but stil hard to perform)
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/c.ronaldo mathew feight.m1v

Riquelme mathew feight
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/riquelme mathew feight.m1v

Messi skilled goal
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/messi goal.m1v

Dont got a penalty fromt his :( ( look how cassilias kills them all:) just like bowling)
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/cassilias.m1v

Dribbel and shoot from babel keeper saves just on time second time....and huntelaar is to late and jumps over the keeper(this is new animation?)
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/huntelaar jump.m1v

I think this is new move for clearing the bal for defence...pretty dangerous if u dont want to chop someones head of:)
http://members.home.nl/amar83/we10/we10REVIEUW/defence move.m1v
C.Ronaldo is wearing vapor3 ? patch or in game editing ?

Having problems defending?

Don't try and use :x: or press with a single man. Take control of a player and cover the space in front of the ball-holder, by pressing back towards your own goal and holding in :r2: and :square:. You'll know :square: brings in an AI-controlled member of your team to close down the ball, but what I've found is that in WE10 this AI-controlled team-mate is very good at stealing the ball for you, especially if you on occasion help him out with your controlling player. Maybe I'm just rubbish at tackling but I think the AI-controlled player seems to do a much better job. For the first time I feel like I'm defending tactically in WE10, before I was really at a loss to stop the opposition.

you're spot on Classic.

Maybe few have noticed but now defenders automatically defend in the same way they used to do in PES5 when you held R2: they face the oposition with their back to their own goal. It's very well done and eases the job. It's also an invitation to defend as in real life: cover space, await for reinforments (and use them with square) and chose the right moment to tackle or challenge.

the_thing said:
one thing i have noticed about the goalies is that whenever they make a save and it seems that momentum will take them and the ball into the net the WILL drop the ball...dunno if this might change some ppl's thots of stupid goalies...of course they still do have their stupid moments.

I noticed this for the first time yesterday - the ball was heading to go out for a corner when the goalie saved it near the touchline. "Oh great, here comes the crappy animation where he rolls a bit to one side and the ball crosses the line with no corner given", I thought to myself, when suddenly, it actually crosses the line and I'm awarded a corner. Fantastic.

phrase said:
The goalies parrying shots coming at them are not a worry for me.Its realistic in my opinion.How often do you see keepers in real life catch a screamer with both hands?

Could not agree more.

super mick mcarthy said:

Again, could not agree more.

I am the happiest I've been with a new WE for years. The last few WE's I've had I've played once, started patching and never played again. THIS one however, I have abandoned my 360 for (not played anything on it for a week), as well as Football Manager on the PC. This game blows me away.

The first time I played it, I thought "hold it, this is exactly the bloody same, rip-off!", before I tried the International Challenge mode. And got beat. By Latvia. 2-0. This hasn't happened to me before (not that I'm brilliant, I always lose in multiplayer games, but 9.9 times out of 10 I beat the CPU). And yet, I wasn't angry. There was no cheating, there was nothing like that. My players were FREE to move where they wanted to move (for the first time in years), the passes went where I wanted them to, the game selected the right players for me when I tried to change players, and some of the shots I had were fantastic, shots that the game wouldn't allow me to have taken in WE9 without the player running into the opposition, or rebounding off someone...

The freedom, the amazing goals, the new-improved referees (although I'll admit I'm yet to see a referee blow for a foul and NOT produce a card, which is suspect)... It's got me completely 100% enthralled.

When WE enters the world of next-gen consoles, there is no excuse not to blow FIFA out of the water now. Come on Konami, dig into your pockets, fire your graphics team, get a new one and a few more licenses, and you'll be laughing.

I am absolutely made up. This is the first WE I've truly loved since WE6FE. Thank you Seabass!!

Well had a few goes of this and this is what i think...

I think this has the makings of a winner. Initially it felt weird its like all of a sudden you have wrestled control of the player, he seems a bit stiff and rigid in we9 now, he's much more fluid.

The stutter bug is there - i didnt notice it at first but i scored a tap in with Zanetti and i noticed it then, it seems to get slightly more noticable as the game goes on. But i have to say its only fractional and really doesnt detract from the game at all its very instantaneous. Just praise the fact that it wont be there in the next Gen!

The keepers are fantastic, i just upped the stats of his agility, balance, defending, goalkeeping skilss, and gave him one on one special ability and reaction and viola the goalies are spot on. lots of new animations, the keepers actually dive properly now.

Havent got used to the new skills yet but i did notice the way the defenders defend, especially with the cpu, they can be very standoffish, but to be fair i have only played kaky copenhagen so far so im yet to play a decent team, they still beat me mind, 1-0! I have it on 4 stars now because they seemed to have lessoned the hardness factor, three stars is too easy the computer doesnt really try.

Ill post more as i find it.

Back
Top Bottom