OFFICIAL WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW thread [hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

game killer said:
I haven't seen him run outside the box yet, but he ALWAYS runs out to stop me. He even gave me a penalty and he got a red card. Thats why you don't need to do anything to go past the keeper, you don't have to dribble, you can just run across him.

Gonna have to alter a few stats by the looks of things to toughen up defenders and keepers..... I take it they have sorted the deliberate hack without punishment by the defender when you are clean through.... this was getting to be two or three a half

Nick Cave said:
Gonna have to alter a few stats by the looks of things to toughen up defenders and keepers..... I take it they have sorted the deliberate hack without punishment by the defender when you are clean through.... this was getting to be two or three a half

certainly have. in fact, the referee seems to sense when you have made a foul with intent, if you go for the ball and miss and take out the player then you are likely to be booked, if you go for the player when the ball is miles away you will be lucky to escape a red card.

I just saw a nice little cut scene, i was playing belgium in the last match of the european cup group stage, belgium needed a draw to go through and it was 1-1 with 5 minutes left. I used the quick freekick while the belgium defence were setting up thier wall and managed to play the ball through to Henry who hit a curler heading to the top right hand corner, the keeper pulled off a fantastic one handed save and tipped the ball out for a corner. It switched to a cut-scene where it showed his players running up to him and congratulating his slapping him on the back and what-not. Was pretty impressive, thats the first time i've seen that in 3 days of playing.

Then they beat me 2-1 :( :D

Last edited by a moderator:
was playing 1 v 1 humans last night, this game is the shit.... WE against the cpu has been shit the last couple of versions IMO.... so im not too concernend about it, but overall its better against the cpu then those...

Csaunders, we have to get together to play sometime...I live in Centreville VA..fairfax County. Was raised in Arlington VA though. Near Ballston Common Mall. Next Wednesday at 6:30pm, the soccer team I play for "Bier FC" plays the U20 DC United team at their practice Auxiliary Fields next to RFK Stadium. Maybe you can come by to watch.

This game is great, with a few minor issues. Loving the gameplay!

Last edited:
this game playing one on one humans is a little bit easy, to many goals in the first three games for both sides. i think that its just a matter of time to adapt to the new gameplay and start to defend a little better. but with the new player turn system is way to much easy to dribble defences in one on one situations, liked more the dificculty of PES5 but i like the motion of these WE10. In one on one with the goalkepeer situations is to much easy to score, goalkepeers are very very dumb, they runn to the striker and then suddenly stops a stare, fucking stupidity. I prefer the dificculty of scoring and dribbling os PES5 but these game as very good things to.

My first impressions: Great ball phisics, great player movement, quick players are not catched-up by defence, the long and thru passes are back (the goalkeeper is not a monster to catch it b4 attackers), great long passes and inversions, the ball is less "TELEGUIDED" to a player (now side plays with crosse are really worth), it's easiest to make goals inside area, long shots are more difficult now, referees are perfect with a lot of cards (so you don't suffer from your friends making 1x0 and stopping the game with fouls)

Last edited:
I don't know whether I am the only one that thinks this way....

For WE9 and WE10, I always felt that the game, even on 6*, is easier if you play in ML, Cup and Exhibition mode. Maybe because in ML I have good players, but I could always beat the CPU and win at least the league title and the WEFA champions league. But I have notice that if you are playing in the League mode at 6*, the games becomes much much harder. Your players tire quicker in league mode, so you have to shuffle them in and out from games. The computer is harder to beat. The good teams in good league always stay at the top of the table.

I have played the league mode in WE10 with 5* and seems to come out with the same answer. Especially in WE10, that you pay a heavy price if you make a defensive blunder, the good team can really makes you pay. I have lost 4-1 to chelsea while playing as Arsenal, lost 3-0 against Man Utd.

If you are looking for a challenge, maybe you could give league mode a try at the top star level. For those who don't play that mode much, you not only play the domestic season, you also plays in the domestic cup. I kind of want ML merge into League instead of the current ML mode.

well im a bit mixed about this now after two days.

i dont know whether im just knackered but the game seems to be on speed at the moment!

But the main thing is, although i love the new gameplay features and keepers, without it being patched i just find it all unplayabe. i spent a month getting my WE9 patched to perfection with some of the wonderful turfs and stadiums created by wendetta, and yet the we10 pitches are really poor textures, they put me off! And the range of stadiums are boring, as they have been the same stadiums for the last 4 years or so and wendetta did something fresh with them.

So im caught between the devil and the deep blue sea, i love the editing of we9 and the speed, but like the gameplay of 10 and hate the fact it isnt edited, the thought of playing liverpool with a blank kit frightens me and the thought of going back a few years and manually making the kits is giving me nightmares!

hey look around there definitely should be an OF, patch or something, you're better off trying the editing section of the site, and ask questions and there should be someone there to assist you in finding something surely ;)
EDIT: nice avatar stringer, looks class and fny :)
@ mdma11 - nice voley, keeper animation looks lush ;)

Last edited:
After the exiting awaiting of the new winning eleven, as much as I play the game as less that I like it. It has an arcade style. I don’t know if someone here feels the same way, but I think it’s more unreal than the 9. Player’s legs seems to go crazy if you take a better look to the screen.
I played a game, Argentina vs. Brasil, and there were two goals, because the goal keeper’s hands were hitten by the ball, like if he has no hands.
It’s faster than the 9, but it’s ‘ too much faster’ and less real in my opinion.
I would like to know your opinion.
I very dissappointed , KONAMY what are you doing?

The speed bugs me, too. This would be the best WE yet by miles, if it was a lot slower.

Watch a game of WE10...
Then watch a VHS tape of a football match playing on fast forward...

Uncanny.

Pere Ubu said:
The speed bugs me, too. This would be the best WE yet by miles, if it was a lot slower.

Watch a game of WE10...
Then watch a VHS tape of a football match playing on fast forward...

Uncanny.

Big difference.

I think you guys are overexaggurating a little bit.

WE10 is very good..has a lot of new animations..very good shoots and the keeper do good saves...The speed is a little fast but it doesn't matter..if you play some games..you will see that the game is very good and better than WE9...:lmao:

I started a ML and after 6 rounds i already had 3 penalty`s and red cards for the opponents goalie :S

i run towards the backline and want to pass to the other striker. For a few times the goalie tackled me and was sent off

against the CPU i don`t care, but if this is also online in PES6 its gonna be pretty horrible. Alot of people plays like that, running to the end pass to the side and goal. Or you get an penalty

Anyone else having this kind of situations?

When you learn how to defend and how to move your players around and you focus on your whole team and not the player you're moving, then you suddenly can see the game slowing down, and only occassionally speed makes the difference, which is clearly good to me. I talk about human vs human. The best WE by now, but you have to work hard to make it play realistic.

I have a friend who always plays Juventus and in previous WE series we were even. He played always long runs with Zlatan or heading goals after someone could run the sideline. Now I win him for an averagge of 3 or 4 goals. In the other hand, another friend who always relies on passing and tactics is even as he was, so...

conclusion: you have more control of your team, but you have to learn how to defend and how to counter opponent tactics and never go straight against a skilled striker. Have you tried to defend ronaldinho like that in real life? Ask sergio ramos.

To me only problemas are:
- Keepers should be a little better at blocking. Only a little. And Should be definitely better in the near post shots.
- Sometimes, even if you defend perfect, a striker will pass through you because of awkward strange collision decision.
- Typical konami stuff: horrible pitches, horrible sound, lack of decent ML, etc...

my first impression after a couple of games, YES it is as always a great game BUT and my big BUT is that Konami have been very cheeky rolling this out as WE10

The fact that so many of the in game menus and layouts have remained from WE9 and the release time (just in time for the world cup!) it seems that Konami just rushed a souped up version of WE9 in time for the world cup. It's almost criminal of them to even call this WE10 in fact - to me it just seems like WE9:World Cup Livewire Evolution. Usually when we go up another version and not an "Evolution version" Konami usually do a complete overhaul on the in game menus and stuff, even when their not broke. (Remember how the edit mode in WE8 sucked compared to WE7, no stripes, what were they thinking!)

I was still weighing it up in my mind as whether to treat this as a completely fresh version of WE and then I went into the edit menu - the music is and the player ball juggling has remained from WE9/PES5. I have also on another thread noticed that the disc size now tops 4gb, about 2gb more then the last release. With that in mind I expected to find a bucket load of new teams and stadiums - but all I found was the Bernabau and the extra world cup nations.The point I'm making that usually the difference from 6 to 7 to 8 to 9 is quite great and in between that Konami release an Evolution/International or whatever to bridge the gap. This game feels very muc likeh the stop gap between 9 and 10 but Konami have released it as 10!

so in a nutshell the gameplay rocks but the whole thing just stinks of a rush release so Konami could have something "out there" for the World Cup. It reminds of the final days of Pro Evo on the PsOne when Konami would just update the data and a little tweak here and there and that'll be 34.99 please :-)

Last edited:
Truely i can't notice any difference between 5 ☆ or 6 ☆.
When i saw in this topic that there is a lot of 0-0 and that the game is very difficult i felt very enthusiastic.
So far it's the most easiest WE ever.
For exemple my first try with WE10 was playing nippon international challenge.I could reach the quarter final with 5 ☆ difficulty with japanese team( i defeated brasil in group match, germany and lost against agrentina 3-3 by penalty kick ).
So i tried 6 ☆ after unlocked it, i am playing spanish league now with Real Madrid : 10 Wins, 1 Draw , 0 defeat.
I score each time 3,4 goal per match.
4-1 is typical result ( CPU scores with corner kick very often :/ )
It's sooo easy to run everywhere into the goal area and then to shoot in apropriate angle.Sometimes it's even automatic : my striker have contact with defender and as miracle he is in front of the goalkeeper in perfect position to score.
I don't feel any difficulty to score in that game anymore.
AT the time of ISS and first WE it was sooo hard to score, had to create perfect action to score each time.But this time i feel like at the time i played FIFA 98, i run, i shot i score ... :'(

my quick comments would be.

Defending is harder due to the change in tackling, not a bad thing but it does leave the game open and AI on defenders seems to be insane around the area where you can now walk in move to the side and score. In midfield its a lot better.

Goalkeepers my biggest gripe they can make a 40 yarder amazing save and then butter finger a chip shot at them up and into the net. In one game against Man UTD my keeper let in 4 goals all from the angle with weak shots straight at him...sooooo Angry...

Guys! I beleive I discovered a new way to steal the ball from a player.

As we all know, L1 + X is no longer that effective. Well, here is what you do for it to be effective.

-When approaching an opponent with the ball, hit L1+X, as soon as you are inches from the player/ball, immediately press "Square" along with L1+X. If done right, you will see your player bump the other player off the ball. It's all about timing. But (L1 + X + Square) does work for me. Let me know how it works for you.

Peace!

My very early impressions of the game.

Shooting is easy, all my shots hit the target and 97% of the time I score. I need a ot of chances in the past before I score so I am not a prolific player.

Goalkeepers never hold on to the ball. I can understand it if the striker has hit a rocket from around 10 yards.

Pace of the game is sot on, when people complained about the pace i thought it might have gone back to PES1 or 2 days.

Refs are really good letting the game flow and if you slide but dont win the ball you get a yellow card.

I found myself on the attack a lot agasint Arsenal but they managed to counter attack me and i was left with Hypia agaisnt Henry and 2 other strikers. I like the fact teams play differently and you have to adjust your play to the team you play agaisnt.

Pitch looks like a green carpet not grass but who cares it is the gameplay that counts.

I think FIFA has better goalkeepers and maybe AI but i love the controls on WE10 and on level 5 the AI is very good but very poor on level 3.

I love the game after playing it on level 5 and I can see myself playing this for a god while yet. I never played WE8 or 9 much mabe because I got bored with the series after playing it for so long but tis version seems great.

Back
Top Bottom