OFFICIAL WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW thread [hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

for all players': i decreased speed and acceleration by 20 (not GKs)
for all GKs: i increased balance by 10 and their gk skill by 5...

i have to say, the game plays unbelievably better... the goalies hold on to the ball a little better, and the players are slowed down nicely... no more ice skating.

WE10 is an embarassment!

Without doubt the worst WE game I've ever played!!

Seabass must be ashamed of himself.

Utterly abismal!

What a sad end to the WE series on PS2....

A lesson for you, Mr KONami, less is more.

Endlessly fiddling around with the same game engine for 6 years and producing umpteen variations of exactly the same game, time after time, and having the audacity to charge full price each time, results in cynical attitudes and people who find a way to play, but then decide to not pay, for your game.

WE10 is the obituary of WE on the PS2, although any genuine improvement in the game ended in about 3 years ago.

A complete mess, an utter shambles, 1001 disparate (and desparate) ideas glued together to make a huge ball of crud.

The recipe does not improve, it's just the same ingredients, but in varying quantities, each year.

Aimless, crude, devoid of inspiration and, increasingly obviously, lacking in perspiration.

What was once an act of genius is now an act of pure greed.

winston said:
A complete mess, an utter shambles, 1001 disparate (and desparate) ideas glued together to make a huge ball of crud.

The recipe does not improve, it's just the same ingredients, but in varying quantities, each year.

Aimless, crude, devoid of inspiration and, increasingly obviously, lacking in perspiration.

What was once an act of genius is now an act of pure greed.

Hey, the Fifa2006 thread is ---> that way.

:x: pass :triangle: throughball :square: Goalllllll!!!!!

the guy has a valid point. why do you n00bs bring fifa into the equasion.

the game is pretty dire, in terms of additions and updates, considering the amount of games they produce.

maybe the japanese earn more than us, therefore can afford to spend so much on these games.

im hoping fifa 2007 can develop a whole new, next generation footballing era. Doubtful, but theyre improving more than WE/PES is, imo.

winston said:
WE10 is an embarassment!

Seabass must be ashamed of himself.

Utterly abismal!

What a sad end to the WE series on PS2....

A lesson for you, Mr KONami, less is more.

Endlessly fiddling around with the same game engine for 6 years and producing umpteen variations of exactly the same game, time after time, and having the audacity to charge full price each time, results in cynical attitudes and people who find a way to play, but then decide to not pay, for your game.

WE10 is the obituary of WE on the PS2, although any genuine improvement in the game ended in about 3 years ago.

the GURU has spoken? :)

(PS - how many games you bet this guy lost this evening in WE10 against his human nemesis before posting this "last word" view filled with objective views on the game and why he considers it crap? :) )

I've played the game now and I dislike, too easy and the goalkeepers are a shame. I hope some improvements in PES6.

My dear PES5.

Mauras said:
the GURU has spoken? :)

(PS - how many games you bet this guy lost this evening in WE10 against his human nemesis before posting this "last word" view filled with objective views on the game and why he considers it crap? :) )

I think you got it the wrong way round. Goals come far too easily. There's no excitement at all in scoring. The game is a farce.

Face it, this game is WE9.1. The gameplay is near identical to WE9 with the exception of a few tweaks which do nothing to improve it, but just make it slightly different (easier to score, mainly).

And I'm left aghast at the shoddy, half-hearted attempts at "improving" :lmao: some of the menu graphics, tactics options and other completely pointless modifications in a woefully pathetic attempt to create the impression of a "new" game.

Needless to say, they haven't even bothered giving the ML a lick of paint.

WE10 is Seabass's worst moment on the PS2. History will prove it, although I think a lot of us don't need wait for time to pass to arrive at this conclusion.

After nearly a week with this game, I can still say it's, well, rubbish.

Get WE9JL.... which is the real Winning Eleven 10. Heck even the Master League has improved in that somewhat.

I do however expect PES6 to be much much better considering it's five months away.

It's like when your girlfriend change the hair and become horrible, but you continue lovin her...

Ther hair will be beautiful again someday... and PES6 will arrive someday...

Been playing this solidly for a good 4-5 days now and have to admit this is probably the worst experience ive had with a WE game. WE9 had its fair share of problems but atleast there was a good balance between attack and defense. WE10 is way too attack orientated and a little to Fifa-esque in my opinion.
Gona try to get hold of WE9JL now as ive heard so much good about it hopefully it will re-ignite my love for WE.

c'mon on people...use EA pathway..much more innovative..why people care about the gameplay..its the graphic count first then gameplay..why EA always make an first impression?? because of the graphic..but its up to you people to judge which is better for your ownself..no love lost to konami fans

I will say this again and I can bet any money on it. Some people are jalous, don't even own a PS2 ..prolly PC fans.. and they didn't even play WE10. Winston I am sure that you DIDNOT play WE10.

WE10 plays too fast and dribbling around is too easy. WE gets better with each new release but not this time. WE9 is still the best IMO.

jflores said:
Disagree with you there mate..

This game is a lot of fun and excellent against a human.

Ohh I agree just thought i'd spam a bit like like jay did on the World cup forurm extremeley man at that kittle

tony 7 said:
Pace of the game is sot on, when people complained about the pace i thought it might have gone back to PES1 or 2 days.
I don't think the pace of the game has to do with a certain time.
It has to do how the pace is in real footbal, compared to this WE10 and than I say: MUCH too fast to be realistic!

wow it's either sh*t or great, Wa%k or the dogs bo$$ocks......
Konami eh!! All you can ever say for sure even before it's come out is that really when it comes down to it NOTHING much will have changed.....
Konami = Tweak

I loved WE9 but 10 just doesn't do it for me and its all down to the WE8:LE style gameplay where shooting screamers is way too easy, kind of ruins the balance.

the more i play we10 the less i like/enjoy it.

it's far too easy to dribble and although they've fixed the problem with referees and chipped balls it feels like fifa to me now......NOT GOOD!

i love the new animations etc but the gameplay just feels completely wrong.

think i'll be going back to WE9 and maybe try j-league.

*** first step backwards for konami since i started playing with iss pro on psx ***

Last edited:
9/
winston said:
WE10 is an embarassment!

Damn you' re right mate
I ve never been the kind of guy "the old version was the best" but this time the arcadish WE10 is a lot worst than WE9/Pes5.

montauban10 said:
It's like when your girlfriend change the hair and become horrible, but you continue lovin her...

Ther hair will be beautiful again someday... and PES6 will arrive someday...

You' re a genius.

This all looks great - especially the improved AI in the in-game videos looks fantastic!
If then the referees are better then I hope I haven't got so much to complain about when I get hold of PES6 ;)

The only bad thing about the game is the goalkeepers do not hold on to the ball hen saving a shot if it the shot hs no power and it looks an easy save.
Th players do seem quicker when dribbling but it is not easy beating the defenders and it is hard to defend. I know there are negative posts on the game but every year people say the previous version is better and how this new one is a step down.

we10 is a step forward... the complainers will come around... all you need is a little stat adjusting

Yes, a little stat-ajusting, but if PES 6 will be like WE10 then stat-ajusting is useless, as playing on-line resets the default-stats.
Apart from that; why did not Konami entered the correct stats themselves?

We 10 is a good game, the controls are superb and the handling of the players has never been so good. Only u can score so easy
my matches against buddies are like 7-5 or 5-8
That's not realistic, the goalies sucks, that's a real pity it reminds me of the old Fifa serie

Back
Top Bottom