OFFICIAL WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW thread [hands on we10+ingame pics and vids]

hey, got the game yesterday play 1 game on level 3 against rangers....6-0 after 10 min....hmmmm, seems really, really easy...will try 5 stars today...

raffau

Yeah, 3* is way too easy. Even 5* is too easy now. In my opinion they decreased the 5* difficulty. I mean in past versions, 5* wasn't as easy as it is now. But then again in past version the difference between 5* and 6* wasn't big, now it seems to me that Konami have lifted up 6* cleary as hardest mode. Hmm, probably I'm just imaging it. :p

Last edited:
Re: OFFICIAL WINNING ELEVEN 10 REVIEW thread [hands on we10+in game pics and vids]

jumbo said:
Dude, I noticed the exact same thing. Get this, I'm playing Master League, Division 2 Cup. Home leg. I'm going up 4-1. I'm thinkin man this is 6 stars, KONAMI are you fuckin kiddin me.. Then, the away leg comes. 0-4. I got trashed like a fool. I couldn't do shit. I swear either the CPU cheats as a motherfucker, or I just suck and the AI is great. I squeezed the damn controler so hard I could hear it break inside.

I thought this game was gonna be easy as hell. So far I'm out of the Div Cup and 3-0-3 in the league.

I have never enjoyed ML this much. Playing with the Cheating setting on, I'm guess it'll have lots of replay value as you cant reload after a game.

Noticed the comp still likes to knock your player off balance when you have got passed ALOT and steal the ball back...the stutter bug is errr bugging, but there are some positives.... I started straight in on five stars and noticed I was struggling to do anything especially winning the ball back... well hard. Not really noticed the game as being much quicker or these people who are banging 8 goals a game must be on three stars or playing 15-30 Min's a game coz I've found goals hard to find!!

Just got the game yesterday. I kinda lower my expectation a bit after reading some bad stuff regarding this game (too fast, too easy, etc...). After playing 5-6 matches on 5* difficulty, I think this game is much2 better than WE9I or PES5 in just about every aspect. I'm talking about the gameplay and the 'intelligence' of the players. The sometimes annoying auto-sidestep move is GONE, mild fouls are reduced a lot in this game (which is great for the flow of the game), most importantly, players seem to hold their position when making forward runs. What I meant by the latter: they don't make forward runs and then stop moving when the opponent's defenders play them off-side. Most of the time, the players would stay behind the opponent's defenders. Basically, KONAMI has done a wonderful job in getting rid of a lot of annoying stuff from WE9I and PES5. I have to admit that the game seems to be on the easy side because I usually spend like a week to get adjusted (thus, to win comfortably in 5*). It does seem that the shooting is too accurate at times; plus, I don't know how many times I've hit the bar in this game (probably close to 10 in 5 games so far). Overall, I love this game and definitely it's more than just a minor improvement from WE9I or PES5. Can't wait to win KONAMI Cup with Liverpool now! Cheers!

Just got mine in the post. Couldn't even be bothered to complete my first match. It's fucking shit. Rofl at the crowd during the gameplay. It looks like theyre painted on, and look even worse than the ISS games on the N64. I'm off to go play WE8LE

correct, i hv tried and that is the way to do it, hwr you have to be very fast. what about the backheel pass? junka; how can you do that with high trajectory?

antred said:
i think the matthew feint is when at a standstill over the ball you push the direction left then right then hold that direction. i've done it in training but not in a match yet! I never seem to get the time!

for every team, i put their default attack level to auto-defense (as opposed to semi-automatic).. now the game plays as it should...

the imbalance between offence and defence is now gone.

Last edited:
Sorry - I lost a world cup final 1-0 to Holland last nite when Robben blasted a shot into the SIDE NETTING - ref blew for the goal - replay CLEARLY showed otherwise!!

Sure - the injustice of the game I know - but I'm not talking about whether the ball was over the line or not - it was flush into the netting!!

Slobber said:
Just got mine in the post. Couldn't even be bothered to complete my first match. It's fucking shit. Rofl at the crowd during the gameplay. It looks like theyre painted on, and look even worse than the ISS games on the N64. I'm off to go play WE8LE

Thats just laughable. Didnt even complete one game? how can you make a judgement on that?

Slobber said:

You are laughable, giving it half a game :roll:

embraceuk1 said:
If your keeper catches the ball but falls or runs out of the box he drops it to avoid handball pretty cool.

I've hat a similar situation, but this was the first time I clearly noticed a bug in a WE/PES game:

Van der Sar got the ball near the line, stood up, did a few steps to throw it to the next player - just in this moment he was standing approx. 1 or 2 meters outside the box !!!

Unfortunally I did no screenshot...

hey can anyone post a translated english version of the options menu here or if possible the whole game please? i dont have a dvd burner and cant patch. thanks.

ok mate, its:

match
master league
league
cup
training
edit
options
nippon challenge
int Challenge
random selection match

I'd hardly call the game "shite", just disappointing. But thats what next gen consoles are for.

I've played about 6 games on 5*, so far it's been better than WE9.
I like the freedom to play the ball around, with less fouls.
The gameplay seems better, but I need to play a lot more games
before really getting a solid impression.

Defending is a challenge, and you really have to keep positioning
your players using R2.
Sometimes the CPU dribbles way too much..

Attacking is really nice, I like the passing and shooting.
Good animations.

More later

1) Don't even say it's FIFA like b/c it's worse...way worse....and I'm talking about the coast to coast (as we say here in the States) runs made by backs or wing players - on 3 and 4 Star you can literally take the ball from box to box untouched...Also the velocity in which you can go around a defender with a Good to Very Good player - is absurd. This makes 3rd and 4th star level unplayable.

2) On a World Cup year - you think maybe ...just maybe Konami could have worked double hard to at least secure National Teams kits? right? It's embarrassing if you think about it.

3) This version may have been aimed at catching the casual gamer/ FIFA player for the WE10 release on XBOX360.

The game always has been easy on 3 and 4 stars, so I don't pay much mind to those complaining about WE at that level.

The real game is 6 stars. And on 6 stars, WE 10 is excellent. The two biggest departures from WE 9 is that you can more easily make a couple of yards of space to get a shot off (though it's still difficult to go completely around a defender), and that the goalkeepers don't catch everything anymore. I think those are both good changes, though I have a small beef with the animation in which the GK punches the ball straight up still in field of play. (But even that one doesn't happen more than once every few games, to read this forum you'd think it was every other shot).

The GK changes makes it more realistic (many many goals scored off of deflections IRL), creates some exciting goal mouth scrambles, and makes defending less predictable. For a long time defending in WE has been easy for experienced players--not quite so any more. You can't rely on the GK as much and mistakes at the back are now more likely to be punished. In the past even if you got beat and the attacker got behind you, you could bring the closest defender over to make the attacker shoot at an unfavorable angle (i.e. right at the keeper) and be very certain the GK would make a clean stop--not so any more. It makes for a better game. Those complaining about the GK, in my opinion, are using as their frame of reference prior versions of WE that we've all become accustomed to, rather than actual football in which GKs make mistakes, fumble the ball, etc. In the past versions of WE, if the keeper could get a hand to it, he was going to stop it from going in. That's not true IRL and it's not true in this version of the game.

The comparisons to FIFA are laughable. Before WE 10 came, I went and bought FIFA World Cup 06, which is probably the best FIFA game yet, and was rather fun. But within 2 days I was able to lead England to winning the tournament, on the highest level, with relative ease, and I have no desire whatsoever to pick it up again. The shooting and play around the goal areas in FIFA is totally mechanical and predictable, the only thing remoteably comparable between the two titles is the passing.

The more legitimate debate is betweeen WE 10 and J-League WE 9, which is excellent but which is a different game--very difficult to score, and with 5 star difficulty level equivalent to 6 stars in previous versions. Personally I enjoy WE 10 more as I'm less certain when I start a game that I'll be able to keep a clean sheet, and I think the action in the final third is less predictable.

just my opinion, I don't expect to persuade the unpersuaded (or unpersuadable)

Last edited:
Great post Mancityheel. I've not played WE10 yet but I hear the same complaints every year so I'm not exactly surprised. But I think you seem levelheaded (enough to admit that the new FIFA was fun at first) so you've put my mind at rest until I get the game :)

This game is meant to be enjoyed only on 5* and above....
I'm really liking it, the excitement when building a move,
or when defending you know that you're really up against it
when playing the better teams.
I like the fact that the Goalies are not perfect....it makes it
even more unpredictable.

Agree with mancityheel....summed up everything well.

FIFA WC06 is good, but it's a bit too mechanical and predictable.

mathewsss said:
This game is meant to be enjoyed only on 5* and above....
I'm really liking it, the excitement when building a move,
or when defending you know that you're really up against it
when playing the better teams.
I like the fact that the Goalies are not perfect....it makes it
even more unpredictable.

Agree with mancityheel....summed up everything well.

FIFA WC06 is good, but it's a bit too mechanical and predictable.
FIFA WC6 is exceptional - I hate FIFA but FIFA on Widescreen XBOX 360 is revolutionary. I don't know about the PC or PS2 versions but you MUST try it on 360.

As for my comparison of WE to FIFA - I was only referring to the way you can spring down the wing unscathed on 3 and 4 stars b/c that's not even possible on FIFA.

As for WE10 - I'm trying my best to find my love for it - I must say - PES4 is still the Pinnacle on Soccer Gaming.

This game is unrealistic (arcade), easy, and it has horrible AI...and keepers are really bad 1 on 1...but there are nice improvements like no slowdowns...or noticeable ones...and harder outside area scoring...I'm just starting to play it but not very peased so far.

hey couyld anyone post the english translation of what they say when you load options from your old winning 9 file pls? thanks.

leif3d said:
This game is unrealistic (arcade), easy, and it has horrible AI...and keepers are really bad 1 on 1...but there are nice improvements like no slowdowns...or noticeable ones...and harder outside area scoring...I'm just starting to play it but not very peased so far.

it will grow on you... play multiplayer with a mate... we10 is by far the best in the series

profit90 said:
it will grow on you... play multiplayer with a mate... we10 is by far the best in the series

Always play multi player seems to be harder than one player plus I love it when you screw up and have to apologise for missing a sitter that puts you out of the cup..... adds to the pressure of the game :roll: :lol:

Only played a few games but found players were still being knocked off balance a lot after winning the ball or beating a player anyone else found this!!

Ratinho said:
:D

And I have FifaWC and it is good, but that's nonsense.
On 360 and HDTV? No, that's spot on...and I mean revolutionary in terms of look and feel...the game is huge on HDTV...wide field...beautiful pitch/ Stadia's /kits etc and the best Gameplay FIFA has seen.
Konami has their work cutout for them on 360 -why? b/c People won't settle for sub-standards on a Next Gen system - I don't care how good the GP is.
YOu need all the goodies on Next Gen. All.

Back
Top Bottom