Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii

There is a serious camel toe going on there:

wii-fit-1a.jpg

actual-camel-toe.jpg

I wish I could go back in time to the 90s and show this :shock:

Sonic was never really close to Mario anyway. The music was nice though - especially the original Sonic \\:o/

EDIT: Actually, scratch showing this game. If I was to go back in time, I'll take this:

1039793711.jpg

(you'll probably have to be a 80s/90s kid to understand that though :) )

Last edited:

Mario games were always far deeper and more fun than the shallow Sonic games. One button did everything with Sonic. Yawn.

Is it me or does Sonic look crap on Smash Bros?

Mario games were always far deeper and more fun than the shallow Sonic games. One button did everything with Sonic. Yawn.

was genius though. something so simple played so great!

shame sonic team have killed the sonic franchise now. :(

Re: Nintendo DS

I'm going to pick up Zelda but won't play it till I get a screen protector just incase but still hasn't arrived from play.com thanks to royal mail.

Last edited:

Zelda is just too short. I know it's a DS game but N64 games where not big in size and could handle longer adventures. Why not the DS ? Maybe next time ? I miss all the extra missions of Ocarina, even the pointless...

Tuta I not sure if we will ever see a full blown 3-D Zelda adventure game on the DS. got a feeling that they will keep with the phantom hourglass style. I do not mind that though just make the next version harder and longer.

Zelda is great apart from the timed dungeons. Cannot be arsed going through three levels of dungeon I've already done just to get to another level. Rubbish system, should've just made seperate dungeons entirely.

Just got the Zleda game, and Winning Elevel from last year.

The latter is pretty good lol!

Anyone else picking up the final Phoenix Wright this week? I'm importing from Videogamesplus but damn Metroid Prime 3 is out this friday too and I haven't received my Orange Box for the 360 yet.

Phoenix Wright rocks. You can get the japanese version with english text for £15 from play-asia.

I've just loaded up PW3 and I've forgotten which part I'm up to and what I'm meant to do :( I remember I was stuck though ... might have to visit GameFaqs and cheat hehe :)

Man, I REALLY can't remember! Even going through a walkthrough, it's hard finding where I'm up to!

Last edited by a moderator:

The bad thing about walkthroughs is they tend to spoil the storyline and that is what is so good about Phoenix Wright. To use a walkthrough would make this game less enjoyable :mad:

I found out the part I was at, basically just looked at who I needed to speak to and show a certain thing, and left reading the walkthrough then. I generally don't like walkthroughs, half the fun of games like PW is working out the story and figuring out what to do. But there's been loads of games where I've given up because I've been stuck and can't be bothered sticking with it.

So has the novelty worn off for anyone yet? The Wii board is pretty quiet compared to the 360 and PS3 boards, odd considering how many people own Wii's.

Admittedly there isn't many "great" games so far but Mario Galaxy is probably the best overall game so far on any current console. My most enjoyable games have probably been Zelda, Trauma Centre and Excite Truck.

Having just got Metroid Prime 3 the controls are absolutely fantastic though it really is better than Dual analog. Other titles that might interest people are: Endless Ocean, Medal of Honour Heroes 2, Lego Star Wars, Guitar Hero 3, Mario and Sonic Olympic Games, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles.
There will be more activity when Mario Galaxy comes out then next year we have NiGHTS, Battalion Wars, Smash Brothers Brawl, Fire Emblem, Trauma Center: New Blood and Mario Kart.

Last edited:

Anywhere you guys know that sell the Wii modded, or mod it? Looking for one in London, don't trust doing it by post.

I want to import games, UK prices are too much, and with relatives in the States :D

Anywhere you guys know that sell the Wii modded, or mod it? Looking for one in London, don't trust doing it by post.

I want to import games, UK prices are too much, and with relatives in the States :D

no idea. was thinking about getting my japanese machine modded for US games but i worried about the firmware bricking my machine so not gonna do it.

I sent my Wii away to get modded by post and it all went great. Sent in another Wii for someone else I know, came back great too. I can get the guys details if you want, I can vouch for the guy.

what about the firmware upgrades though. for example if I play a US game that requires upgrade on japanese machine will the US firmware brick the Wii?

Not if you have the same firmware revision on your Wii. So if you have a Japanese Wii, install the latest firmware (say 3.03), then when you play an American game, it'll want to install the latest firmware but doesn't go through with it because it sees you have 3.03 anyway.

I sent my Wii away to get modded by post and it all went great. Sent in another Wii for someone else I know, came back great too. I can get the guys details if you want, I can vouch for the guy.

What city is the service in?

Back
Top Bottom